IGNORED

JinJer 39: Waiting to Meet Their Baby Daughter

Jellybean

I dunno, I may be an ex-Catholic agnostic who hasn't studied the bible well enough, but wasn't Jesus's whole deal... to be kind to others? Love they neighbor, turn the other cheek, though shalt not be an asshole kind of stuff? To me, that's what social justice is- treating others with basic respect and dignity, regardless of their race/gender/sexuality/etc. Seems like he would have been into it. But what do I know, I was once akin to a devil-worshipper and now I'm just a godless heathen. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think about it: The God of the Old Testament was a fire and brimstone ultra fundamentalist iron fist patriarch who punished his children constantly. His produces a son who is all love and making the last come first , composing poetic words like the beatitudes  and teaching by parables... the worlds first Hippie. 

I heard on some documentary religious writers thinking it may be that Jehovah in those 750 years between the testaments was learning  to be a better parent and learning patience,  restraint and understanding for all his sinful children. He then sent a loving savior It’s a nice thought isn't it? 

On 6/2/2018 at 2:52 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Something I've always wondered, and I mean no disrespect to anyone here:

Which is more difficult? Coming out as gay or coming out as atheist? Please forgive me if I've unintentionally appropriated an incorrect term for revealing atheism.

Being atheist in the Bible belt is... difficult. Being atheist in a highly religious family is... frustrating. 

If anyone here is both gay AND atheist, I'd love to hear comparisons/contrasts. 

Edit:  ESPECIALLY since being atheist is a choice, and being gay is not.

Gay AND atheist (ex-Christian) here! The discussion has probably moved along awhile ago but I'll chime in anyway! 

I grew up in a pretty religions family and all my early friends were from church. My parents have loads of Christian friends and only a few non-Christian or even non-Protestant ones. I was taught our way was the only right way, everyone else had it wrong. But at school, it was the other way around. I think I might have been the only believer in my class! (14 students). Most people belonged to the church but almost no one believed, only "stupid ones" did, I was told. I felt I had to missionary to my friends as to save them but didn't really want to. I also felt isolated from the world. And then I started to question. Things just didn't make sense, and the older I grew the worse it got. I also developed more progressive stances that I felt didn't really go well in hand with religion, like feminism. It started to deeply disturb me how misogynist the Bible is. (Yes, I know there are lots of feminist religious people. I tried that too. Didn't work.) At 18 I started calling myself agnostic, at 19/20 atheist. Interestingly it's around the same time I came out as a lesbian. I tried to hide my sexuality from everyone but never tried to hide my disbelief. I've had so many religious fights with my family throughout the years! We rarely fight anymore though. 

Both school and home were homophobic when I grew up, and I was definitely more scared of coming out as gay than coming out as an atheist. I was so scared people would think I was disgusting if they found out I was a lesbian, while I never really feared people finding out about my religious doubts. By the time I started doubting massively I did no longer hang out at church much and had few ties to there.

Interestingly enough, my family took my lesbianism way better than my atheism. I had thought it would be the other way around. I came out as gay first, crying and calling them because I couldn't hold it in any longer. They accepted it, said they had guessed it, and they had some questions but they've been mostly supportive. But my atheism, that I never tried to hide, was harder for them to swallow. I mentioned in passing when I had quit my membership at the church, one year after coming out as gay to them. They were pretty upset about me leaving, since as long as I had stayed a member of the church (my parents made me a member when I was 30 days old as I got baptized into Protestantism), they had hope that I wasn't completely lost. But we are very close so they didn't stay mad for long, and I'm still their beloved daughter even though I rejected what's most sacred to them. My mum probably still thinks she did something wrong... But I have to live my own life, and I feel way better as a non-believer! I never really felt like I needed religion, I do believe that what you choose to believe or not believe is influenced by a lot of different factors, some of them out of your control. 

The environment for gay people has really improved here in Finland in the latest 10 years or so and I've never really faced much bigotry from friends or fellow students after coming out. It's easier being a homosexual female than a gay male here though, I can hold my girlfriend's hand and kiss her in public without anyone making a fuss, when male couples rarely even hold hands since they could get beaten down if they are unlucky. We do also have some places that are more religious, mostly villages on the countryside, where I would have had a much harder time coming out both as gay and atheist. I live in a bigger city though. 

Benessa, Jana, and Laura (?) allegedly visited Laredo this weekend. I find it a bit of an odd time for a visit - the SiRen nuptials are allegedly next weekend and they would have seen one another then anyways. I’m thinking that they either went to visit for a specific reason with plans to travel to Arkansas together, the wedding isn’t actually next weekend after all (which I find hard to believe since it’s been such a long engagement already), or this is an attempt to start doing some misdirection so people don’t think the wedding is so soon (because Paparazzi.)

Maybe JinJer isn't going to the wedding, and Jessa wanted to see Jinger before the baby was born. 

Jana tagged along to babysit. 

3 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

@VelociRapture It's kinda weird how he's now suspended the comments on the post.

There were some comments about Laura being Jana's girlfriend before he disabled comments. That was really the only rude commenting I saw before he shut them off. Maybe someone said something about the wedding or other rude comment which caused him to shut them off?

(Not speculating on anyone's sexuality, just adding what I saw.)

11 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It was probably Jinger's baby shower?

I thought they already had her shower. Didn’t their friends throw a surprise ballerina themed shower for them that some or all of the Duggar family attended?

10 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I thought they already had her shower. Didn’t their friends throw a surprise ballerina themed shower for them that some or all of the Duggar family attended?

That was the jinder reveal, wasn't it? Or did they roll a baby shower into it? I haven't paid enough attention to know. lol

They had a babyshower. Pink pink and pink. How many weeks is she now? I think they were due mid July so about 36 weeks?

Total speculation train: Jeremy posted a picture saying “ETA: soon” and now Jessa is there.  Could it be she’s being induced at 37 weeks for whatever complication?

8 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

They had a babyshower. Pink pink and pink. How many weeks is she now? I think they were due mid July so about 36 weeks?

Total speculation train: Jeremy posted a picture saying “ETA: soon” and now Jessa is there.  Could it be she’s being induced at 37 weeks for whatever complication?

jana to deliver with laura and jessa to hold her hand and ben to look after the kid, while Jeremy quotes bible scriptures 

Maybe they are helping her decorate and get the nursery ready before the baby comes? I agree, it is weird timing with the SiRen wedding this coming weekend but I could see having a couple sisters come down to help with the nursery being a plot point on the show. 

12 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

There were some comments about Laura being Jana's girlfriend before he disabled comments.

I don't know why people do this. It's expected that people would discuss the content of a picture, like a baby car seat/travel/food post, but this seems over the line given everything we know about how they'd react to the topic, and I don't know why people can't censor themselves

The fourth wall is a thing, people

42 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

Maybe they are helping her decorate and get the nursery ready before the baby comes? I agree, it is weird timing with the SiRen wedding this coming weekend but I could see having a couple sisters come down to help with the nursery being a plot point on the show. 

Oh duh, you’re probably right! And TlC is filming it, they’ll have a wedding to go to anyway. The season is just being shot right now. 

3 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Oh duh, you’re probably right! And TlC is filming it, they’ll have a wedding to go to anyway. The season is just being shot right now. 

we get a  2 hour wedding between josiah and his bride..

HOW EXCITING 

should I not got to MCC ??? 

when is the wedding being aired if they are getting married this weekend? ---August - I will be home 

Maybe the sisters and up for a visit, and they'll all fly back together for the wedding?  How many people do the Duggar planes hold, anyway?

I'm always torn, seeing Laura accompanying Jana on all her trips.  On the one hand, great for Jana to have a friend there in a very couply weekend, but I do hope Laura's not their to chaperone...

When Jana and Laura are away, who's babysitting the Lost Girls?  And do we see these kinds of trips to see Jill, or is it just Jinger?

5 hours ago, nst said:

jana to deliver with laura and jessa to hold her hand and ben to look after the kid, while Jeremy quotes bible scriptures 

How many Fundies does it take to change a lightbulb?

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Could it be that Jeremy and Jinger are the ones visiting the family in Arkansas?

Not from Jeremy's wording in the caption.

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Could it be that Jeremy and Jinger are the ones visiting the family in Arkansas?

Jeremy posted Family IN for a visit this weekend. If they were in AR he would have posted something like Visiting family for the weekend.

Personally I think Jana and Laura are just each others accountability buddies.  Makes sense to me at least, Jana doesn't have a sister old enough to have as a peer/accountability partner in the family, and I'm guessing the same for Laura so... They obviously get along and enjoy the same stuff, this way they get to have a grown up adult friend that isn't saddled with 20 kids. Plus it makes WAY more sense than anything else, THAT. IS. NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. So stop it and leave them be.

Statistically one or two of them should be, but I really, really hope that none of the Duggar kids are gay. Being stuck in their lifestyle seems horrible enough if you’re a straight kool-aid drinker who wants a gazillion babies. 

The horror of being gay in that enviroment and not only convinced that there is something sinfull and wrong with you but also knowing your whole family and all of your friends would turn their backs on you if they knew. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. 

Heading back to Jinger and Jeremy, will she deliver early, on time, or late?  

Lets hope she delivers during the wedding. That would make good tv. And hopefully hike up the action in these threads right when my holidays start.

This is a very non-answer, but I'll be on vacation for all of July and I *hope* I don't spend too much time on FJ during it... but I know I'm just going to want to check in when the baby comes.

WHY couldn't JinJer just wait one more month before conceiving! So selfish of them! They should have thought of me and my schedule and the trip that I hadn't booked yet :my_biggrin: (sarcasm)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived