IGNORED

JinJer 39: Waiting to Meet Their Baby Daughter

Jellybean

Again. It's my opinion that the photo of Jeremy reading National Geographic was NOT taken in Jeremy's study.

Here are photos of his bookshelves:  

b.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 1.44.39 PM.png

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Book collecting (not just amassing favorite books but procuring+preserving collectible editions and rare books like the ones Jeremy was pricing in the last insta) is a really interesting but very expensive hobby. Maybe not the best project for a newbie pastor at a a church smaller than your average Great Clips, but I know better than to expect fundie finances to make sense.

Most of my best finds come from small used bookstores. Ten bucks or less a book. There’s one bookstore in my city where the books may be hundreds, but that’s not really where I do my shopping. Unless I’d been looking for something specific and had been saving for it. Mostly though, you can happen upon amazing finds for pretty cheap. Edit, yes historical finds are going to be extremly expensive. I don’t think he’s spending thousands on books though. 

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Again. It's my opinion that the photo of Jeremy reading National Geographic was NOT taken in Jeremy's study.

Here are photos of his bookshelves:  

b.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 1.44.39 PM.png

You’re right, it wasn’t their house. Jinger and jeremy were in LA. Jeremy tagged the place (his post on June 13th), and they were at a bookseller. 

I love my books, mostly soft covers and hard covers. It's going to hurt to part with some of them. 

God, I think I want to punch Jeremy in the face more than Derick.

I mean, Derick's clearly a disaster.

But Jeremy's a pseudo-intellectual with lots of pretty books he doesn't read and a dazzling smile.

And Derick's been trying to fix his smile for YEARS now.

Yep, Jeremy it is.

Jeremy just “endorsed” this statement on Twitter 

Apparently he can understand dense theology but not basic philosophical and sociological concepts. 

Pseudo-intellectual he is indeed. 

2489FA69-87DB-409A-B59A-889B261EE931.thumb.png.50cfaf0c38a6fc6aa01920a22212b598.png

Jeremy is such a disingenuous, smug, preening turd. I have felt my dislike grow when he wasn't man enough to read any of Christopher Hitchens actual works, only a hatchet job after he (Hitchens) was no longer here to defend himself. 

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I love my books, mostly soft covers and hard covers. It's going to hurt to part with some of them. 

I love my books as well. So many. 

The ignorance...it burns! God I'd love to pop that moron in the face and lay some facts on him.

Jesus was totally into social justice. Call it simply justice what you want, but the majority of young, active Christians today don’t exhibit what Jesus did. They need to take a good look at the Bible. At the gospels, at what Jesus said. Because they certainly aren’t following His example. 

Jeremy just posted this to his Instagram. Is baby already on the way, or is he alluding to Jinger's mid-July due date?

Screenshot_20180623-144940.png

@roadkill_deity I would assume that he's eluding to the mid July due date. I am sure that Jinger is getting to the super uncomfortable wish the baby was here point. 

Rufus has put it on my heart to say how sweet and precious I think it is that Jeremy has inspired  so many of you to start reading and enjoy books.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:46 PM, Palimpsest said:

My guess is that it is their house and it is "books by the yard (or metre)."  Real bibliophiles bookshelves do not look like that.  We buy for the actual content not the fancy binding.

Oh, well, I guess I'm not a real bibliophile then. We actually have a bookcase of these books, almost entirely from our local "friends of the library" used book sales, and between Mr. Snood and myself, we've probably read 75% of them, including Plato's essays, Ibsen's plays, and Ring Lardner's Round Up (middle shelf, second row down, brown cover). They are often sold by subscription and yes,  people buy them new for decorative purposes. Many in the picture are Franklin Library, although International Collector's Library looks similar. No, they are not the only books in our library, but when we find nice hardbacks, we replace our paperbacks and beat up ex-library books. We do have a whole room dedicated to our library.

Of course, I think it's ironic that in the presence of so many great books, Jeremy is reading a magazine. Perhaps he ought to pick up Middlemarch, The Grapes of Wrath, or The Age of Innocence instead.

7 hours ago, roadkill_deity said:

Jeremy just posted this to his Instagram. Is baby already on the way, or is he alluding to Jinger's mid-July due date?

Screenshot_20180623-144940.png

July due date, she's just posted a 34 week pick early this week so 5 more to go (possibly 6 if she goes over)  before she's due. 

It is so interesting how different bumps look in size depending on what you wear and how you pose.

I mean in this picture she looks as big as me- and I am due in September. 

But in the 34 week picture I can tell that she is about 7 weeks ahead of me.

Nice picture of Jinger and Jeremy. Glad she is looking at the camera and not staring at her husband. 

12 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

July due date, she's just posted a 34 week pick early this week so 5 more to go (possibly 6 if she goes over)  before she's due. 

She posted the 34 week pic on June 6th so only 3 to 4 weeks left. She's just about full term (early term.)

I suppose she can give her dad an extra special birthday present if she comes on the 18th :)   Jill might be a little miffed if baby Vuolo takes Samuels first birthday attention from her though. His is the 8th.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived