Jellybean

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now watching A Royal Romance and boy does it deliver. So much ridiculousness, bravo writers! 

A mommy blogger I follow (but do not personally know) on instagram said this and it sticks in my craw so bad I'm going to tell you guys about it here instead of exploding her account like I want to. 

Follower: I loved the faces on the crowd during the sermon! The Brits didn't know what hit them. Rev. Curry BROUGHT it! (Heart eyes emoji)

Mommy blogger: Their reactions were hilarious! I liked the departure from the normal style, but I always think of what a huge platform it is to preach the gospel. I feel like he just said "love" a lot? That's me being unrealistic, I know, but man...the opportunity to proclaim Jesus!

I just....okay, beyond calling African-American sermonizing subnormal here, did she listen to the same sermon I did? Because that thing was full of Jesus and God. WTF. Also, if she didn't get what Rev. Curry was getting at, she is part of the problem. Yeesh. 

According to this, he said "Jesus" five times and God 18 times.

http://time.com/5283953/royal-wedding-sermon-transcript/ 

I actually like Meghan’s dress better. It’s more simple than Kate’s, but I can’t get past the cone boobs that give Kate the pointy boob look. Meghan’s dress is plainer, but I feel a blingy dress wouldn’t have looked nice with that veil and tiara. 

I actually LOVED Meghan's dress, quite simple and classic. Only thing I didn't like was her hair, it looked a bit sloppy and I think the hair down compliments her much better... But if she was happy and comfortable that's what matters.

I like Meghan’s dress but I prefer Kate’s. 

I think I would have liked Meghan’s more than Kate’s had Meghan have had a small diamonte belt at the waist 

I didn't watch live but I caught up later.

Congrats to the Royal Wedding for being blacker than the Oscars.

Meghan looked beautiful. I loved the simplicity of her dress, I loved her beautiful long veil. What a beautiful woman she is. 

HARRY. Harry you big numpty, I love you and your tears and your "I'm shitting it" and rubbing her hand during Stand By Me and you are my fave and you always will be.

Beatrice and Eugenie: Make fun of our hats now, bitches. 

HARRY. Harry you big numpty, I love you and your tears and your "I'm shitting it" and rubbing her hand during Stand By Me and you are my fave and you always will be.

I never really paid attention to Harry until Meghan and I love him even more now.
[emoji173]️

2 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Harry and Meghan have chosen a charity that provides sanitary products to women in India amongst other charities.

She's been involved with them for a while, I saw a clip about her work with them (maybe on PBS last night?). 

https://www.glamour.com/story/the-meghan-markle-i-know 

https://www.huffingtonpost.in/2018/05/18/mumbais-myna-mahila-is-one-of-the-7-charities-invited-to-the-royal-wedding-by-meghan-and-harry_a_23437679/

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

A side by side is the two recent royal dresses. Forgive me if this was already posted.

4A3F237D-7093-46A7-90A7-4926BCCD538A.jpeg

I think they both looked lovely. I’m glad that they’re completely different styles, otherwise the media would be playing “Who Wore it Better” for the next eleventy years. 

I will give Meghan the point for the tiara, hers is bigger, shinier, and stands out better amongst the veil. So pretty :my_heart:

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

A mommy blogger I follow (but do not personally know) on instagram said this and it sticks in my craw so bad I'm going to tell you guys about it here instead of exploding her account like I want to. 

I just....okay, beyond calling African-American sermonizing subnormal here, did she listen to the same sermon I did? Because that thing was full of Jesus and God. WTF. Also, if she didn't get what Rev. Curry was getting at, she is part of the problem. Yeesh. 

According to this, he said "Jesus" five times and God 18 times.

http://time.com/5283953/royal-wedding-sermon-transcript/ 

You make good points. Another I’d make is that one of Jesus’ major points in his teachings is love - loving God, loving your partner, loving your family and neighbors and friends. If that was one of his core messages then I don’t see why it’s such a bad thing to focus on that, especially at a wedding which should be focused on love. 

I didn't watch it live but saw bits and pieces, too lazy to comment tho. They're a cute couple!

eta: Her veil is so pretty and she looked stunning  

Hated the dress, tbh, Kate's remains my absolute favourite (and dream wedding dress alongside Grace Kelly's). If I'm being honest, Meghan's dress reminds me of a Royal Wedding(tm) version of the classic fundie t-shirt wedding dresses. 

Admitting to rewatching on BBCA. Those twins with the train are adorable and I like that Catherine wore something again, keeping all eyes on the bride.  A very good idea having the older boys and girls hold tightly on to the younger bridesmaids. 

*Thinking I wasn't quite awake this morning. :pb_lol:

I agree with @HeadshipRegent regent about the dress and I complained to husband about this as that is really all I wanted to see. Where was the beading, the this, the that and so forth. My least favorite neckline in the world. TI cost $300,000-$400,00 dollars. Lace, stuff, whatever. Disappointed. 

The American preacher did go on a bit long. I think he was talking about love and fire. I have always had trouble staying focused on sermons. Heathen me. 

Glad for Harry ad Meghan. Long may they wave. I hope she has children soon. And they will get to have a nanny, what a deal!!

The dress was underwhelming TBH, but maybe as a divorcee (not that it should matter) maybe that was what she wanted? Love the veil though! She does tend to like structural dresses, so no surprise there, but I could have wished for something more...sculptural? Interesting? Some archietectural details? It also seemed just a tad too big? But if she got what she wanted that is all that matters :)

Now I can't wait to see the second dress! 

I love her dress - the silhouette is perfect for her, and I really a to much of a fan of lace. Now I need to find a replay of the wedding so I can see it (I heard it over the sound system in the streets).

I loved her dress!  What figure she has.  Stunning.   That is my favorite neckline too.  Perfect tiara.  Veil.  Loved it!  I remember seeing that tiara when I dorked out on them last thread.  I don't remember the name.   Can someone tell me?

@SapphireSlytherin  how was it there!!!????

10 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I remember seeing that tiara when I dorked out on them last thread.  I don't remember the name.   Can someone tell me?

It is Queen Mary’s Diamond Bandeau Tiara sometimes called the filigree tiara.  It hasn't been seen for years.  Those vaults are deep!

Re Michael Curry: the guy at the beginning was saying that God is love. 

I didn’t see Zara Phillips’s face (actually is that Zara Tindall?)

Not done much else all day.

Gotta say, the dress did nothing for me - it seemed quite boring, and didn't like the fabric, neckline or the stiffness without structure, but the tiara was gorgeous and she (and Harry) looked over the moon. It's nice to see people who are that happy.

The York princesses let down the side - I was hoping for more wild hats, and some of the guests made some smirk worthy choices (can't blame them, I wouldn't have a clue what to wear to something like this, and not everyone has Oprah's budget), but Doria, the Queen, Camilla all looked really good. I liked that Charles and Doria seemed to be getting along so well. It would be lovely for Meghan and Harry if they didn't have any more family drama to deal with.

Also, as a Canadian, I can tell you anything over 15 degrees = summer clothes, esp when you're going to be trapped in a crowded venue. I can't imagine how hot that old not air conditioned chapel would have gotten with the doors/windows closed and that many bodies crammed in, and it's not like guests could step out and take a breather or remove layers to keep from melting :kitty-wink:

I loved the ceremony, and I thought she was a stunning bride. I was hoping the York daughters were going to wear some outrageous hats again, just for the snark value, but they toned it down this time.

12 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

Also, as a Canadian, I can tell you anything over 15 degrees = summer clothes, esp when you're going to be trapped in a crowded venue. I can't imagine how hot that old not air conditioned chapel would have gotten with the doors/windows closed and that many bodies crammed in, and it's not like guests could step out and take a breather or remove layers to keep from melting :kitty-wink:

10 degrees = shorts weather. 15 degrees = summer. I felt really bad for the people trapped in the chapel for hours in their fancy clothes, must have been a 100 degrees in there. 

I quite liked Meghan's dress, except the neckline, but I don't like boat cut in general. The dress did seem a tiny bit big, but I would assume it was her choice, since she could have had the dress exactly as she wanted. 

Archived