IGNORED

Shopping, living, working, etc while black

47of74

Here's the latest example, courtesy Hobby Lobby who called police after a black man tried to return something to that store. 

The cashier returned to Spurlock and told him the manager was calling the store’s corporate office, as if Hobby Lobby has a staff of operators on standby waiting to approve trinket returns. The manager asked Spurlock to step aside and wait while she called Hobby Lobby’s Cricut Emergency Return Squad.

Hobby Lobby Laura was not calling “corporate.”

She was calling the police.

Apparently finding no blemishes on Spurlock’s record, the cop returned and informed Spurlock that he should get his refund and leave the store before he was arrested for trespassing.

Fuck Hobby Lobby.  If I didn't fucking despise that shit store enough before I sure as hell do now. 

ok, i already had issues with this store and felt guilty for continuing to buy their (admittedly good-quality) wrapping paper.  i'm done now.  as @47of74 said above, fuck hobby lobby.

13 minutes ago, catlady said:

ok, i already had issues with this store and felt guilty for continuing to buy their (admittedly good-quality) wrapping paper.  i'm done now.  as @47of74 said above, fuck hobby lobby.

One of my hobbies is making little wooden clocks and I used to buy clock parts from them.  Not anymore.  Now I'd rather go online or go to Michaels.   

Here's the latest example, courtesy Hobby Lobby who called police after a black man tried to return something to that store. 
The cashier returned to Spurlock and told him the manager was calling the store’s corporate office, as if Hobby Lobby has a staff of operators on standby waiting to approve trinket returns. The manager asked Spurlock to step aside and wait while she called Hobby Lobby’s Cricut Emergency Return Squad.
Hobby Lobby Laura was not calling “corporate.”
She was calling the police.
Apparently finding no blemishes on Spurlock’s record, the cop returned and informed Spurlock that he should get his refund and leave the store before he was arrested for trespassing.
Fuck Hobby Lobby.  If I didn't fucking despise that shit store enough before I sure as hell do now. 

Right? How in the hell does a customer trespass???

How long until someone starts a campaign for the MAGA crowd to spend XX dollars a month at Hobby Lobby?

9 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

How long until someone starts a campaign for the MAGA crowd to spend XX dollars a month at Hobby Lobby?

Ssssshhhhh. They may be lurking here. Don’t give them any ideas.

Archived