IGNORED

John Shrader 16: Flying Away in That No-Engine Plane

Jellybean

6 hours ago, anjulibai said:

but they won't send Alatheia home. She's going to be needed to help her mom care for the kids.

When she turns 18 she will need a visa - I can't see that they would be able to argue that she's doing a job a local couldn't. Also I suspect they will ship her out just so she doesn't want to marry a local and so she follows the approved marriage pattern.  After all they'd still have Agape who would be able to care for younger kids, then Charis when she's shipped out, then Sophia. So they're good for sistermoms for another 9 years at least.

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

May all the Keller female offspring have fertility that declines sharply at around age 38.  Many women do.  

I suspect she'll keep going until late 40s or until one of them dies, whichever happens first. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is the type of mission work the Dillards were hoping for. The Shraders have been in Africa for a LONG time. Had at least 3 kids while there. Jill managed to visit home frequently, which I found odd because most of the missionaries I know came home once every other year. Not saying the Shraders are more committed. Just playing the role that has their followers convinced. Then again John might actually be sincere in his intentions.

22 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Then again John might actually be sincere in his intentions.

Daddy Shrader is sincere in keeping John there! John doesn't have a lot of options outside of being a missionary in a foreign country. In America he failed miserably as a pastor, even as a pastor in his father's church. John hated working a real job and people were constantly having to bail him out financially. In Zambia when all the church members revolt he can paint it as the heathen natives being bad people, it is harder to do that in America when it is a white IFB church that revolts against him. 

Agree with @formergothardite 100%.  John would be the proverbial millstone around his father's neck if he were to return to the US with wife and 12 (?) kids.  He doesn't like to work and couldn't keep a job when he's had one, because he just can't get along with people. 

I'm gonna go all armchair psychologist and speculate that he has a) some type of personality disorder b) bi-polar c) both

I'm going with c) because he's alienated everyone he's dealt with in the US and Africa.  I would guess they have no circle of friends and every convert has thrown up his hands and said, I'm outta here.  He cycles through epic highs and lows that start with great enthusiasm and energy and end with John in bed with the covers pulled over his head because Satan has bested him once again. 

The missionary gig is kinda genius in that he's supported by gullible people in the US who don't have to deal with him up close. 

And don't get me started on what life must be like for Esther, who is responsible for growing and caring for all those kids while John is either off on the next big thing or incapacitated or on his latest diet fad. 

I recall the last episode a few years ago when John was headed out to the Bush to convert heathens.  He mentioned that Esther made sandwiches for all of them to take.  I was quietly WTAF, like perhaps the guys could have given Esther a break and done that themselves?  

That just reminds me that Esther (and the oldest girls) have been changing diapers continuously for multiple babies/toddlers for the last 15 years. 

And what if any of those kids, especially the boy kids, have a personality like Johns? 

Let me say that I am VERY grateful that all the kids have survived and seem to be healthy. 

The parents need Alatheia home but also know that her prospects of finding a husband in Zambia are close to nilch. (Unless she pulls a Poisonwood Bible and falls in love with a local, but I have an inkling John wouldn't be too pleased about that). 

I think she'll be sent off at 18 to be a servant-maid to a US family, attend plenty of church functions and marry the first suitor as soon as possible. This is 19th-century shit. 

On 10/7/2018 at 7:59 AM, Tangy Bee said:

I do get the impression that John very sincerely believes that he is the biggest, bestest, most wonderful-est Bible Believing Baptist and poet (gag) in the history of the world, and that every other human on this earth is just a prop in his drama of "John! John! John! (god) John! John! (jesus) John! John! John!!!!" I agree that he is very sincere in his intentions to glorify himself.

3 hours ago, Howl said:

He doesn't like to work and couldn't keep a job when he's had one, because he just can't get along with people. 

John has delusions of grandeur which makes working for and with people very difficult. When he did work it was so obvious he felt like he was above everyone else, above the notion of working a regular job. He was above being an assistant pastor to his dad and then when he finally got a church he didn't last long. Even IFB churches have deacon boards and people to answer to, something John would resist. 

John apparently is very persuasive in small doses which is why he did fairly well when traveling on deputation. He didn't see the same people twice and he was constantly getting a new group of people who were willing to praise him and give him money. John is good at coming up with amazing plans, he just can't carry those plans out.  I get the impression that he and David Rea had not spent any real amount of time together. They had taken a couple trips, but as in actually spending large chunks of time having to really problem solve, it doesn't seem like that happened. The moment they did it imploded quickly with David having the planning skills to come out on top. 

David Rea is an asshole, but I think he realized that John is not mentally stable and cut his losses. 

John isn't still in Zambia because he is more dedicated than Jill and Derick, he is still there because he had a dad who will do anything and everything to keep him there and they didn't. John's real problems will come when his dad stops being able to crowdfund his lifestyle. The time is quickly coming where his dad won't be capable of finding money to keep John there and when he arrives back here his parents won't be able to keep him up for a huge amount of time. That is when I really worry for Esther and any children left in the home because John will lose it and there will be no one to bail him out, no one to buy him a new toy, no one to fix all his problems. 

Hey, what happened to the guy who came over from Canada to be with John and help him out?  Anybody remember his name?  I'd love to see if he has a social media account. 

@Tangy Bee, thanks for the best laugh I've had in days.  John is the World's Worst Missionary -  but he is utterly convinced that he is better than all other missionaries that ever missionaried.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:51 AM, usedbicycle said:

The parents need Alatheia home but also know that her prospects of finding a husband in Zambia are close to nilch. (Unless she pulls a Poisonwood Bible and falls in love with a local, but I have an inkling John wouldn't be too pleased about that). 

I think she'll be sent off at 18 to be a servant-maid to a US family, attend plenty of church functions and marry the first suitor as soon as possible. This is 19th-century shit. 

I don't think they have even thought about Alatheia's future - or Enoch's or Timothy's.  John is not good at advance planning.  At all.  It is always all about John.

On 10/8/2018 at 12:12 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I do get the impression that John very sincerely believes that he is the biggest, bestest, most wonderful-est Bible Believing Baptist and poet (gag) in the history of the world, and that every other human on this earth is just a prop in his drama of "John! John! John! (god) John! John! (jesus) John! John! John!!!!" I agree that he is very sincere in his intentions to glorify himself.

This.  John follows his latest whims believing he is God's gift to the world.  And his biggest talent is spending other people's money. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Hey, what happened to the guy who came over from Canada to be with John and help him out?  Anybody remember his name?  I'd love to see if he has a social media account. 

That would be poor deluded Bro. Theophil.  He did appear in a photo on Johnny's latest video report.  He's a bit old for Alatheia (in his early 20s) and is Canadian.  I haven't found him on social media.

John's latest public post for posterity.  He's alliterating again.

Printing, Preachin', Punctures, Presenting the Gospel, and Praying for Precious People

Just a few pics and points from the needy place God has put us to serve Him.Another 8,000 tracts printed, as we ran out of the 6,000 printed a few weeks ago!

We try to pass out around 10,000 tracts a month from here in Kafue. That doesn't count Freedom Biblical Baptist church plant in Mongu or the new outreach in Sioma, or Faith Biblical Baptist church plant in Mulamba Village!

Lots of lovely toilet paper.

We've covered the areas around us, and as we go out to the nearest villages and rural Bush areas, the terrain is more hostile to tires. African can be one tough place! It shredded our mini bus tire. I think my friend at the tire shop was sadder than I was about how "new" it was! I got a good second hand tire to replace it as it is now the spare.

Send money for new tires!

Another new village we've just started distributing tracts and sharing the Gospel, Muchuto, is about 15-20 minutes from us

John needs to start littering a new village because Kafue is fed up with him.

.Mr. Njovu (which means elephant, produced In-Joe-Voo), has shown a real and sincere interest in the Word of God. He has been Catholic, but had basically stopped attending church, discouraged with the lack of the Word of God in so many churches here.

Only John has the True Word.

Please pray for him. He's pictured at our Bible study in Muchuto where you can see Titus open in my Bible. I included some pics from that needy place, known for its alcohol consumption (and that's saying something if the Zambians mention they drink too much!) Such precious children.

Are there no Americans with issues with the demon drink?

Also, after the pic of Mr. Njovu, there are four men pictured standing together after a church service here. To the left is Mr. Mwemba, who has professed Faith in Christ's Marvelous Salvation. The shorter man next to him is Agrey, Rita's husband. God is working on his heart, please PRAY for his salvation! We've been praying for him for 4 years! Next to them is Mr. Trino, and Mr. Daniel on the end, both also lost and who I just shared the gospel with recently after they contacted us after receiving Gospel Tracts! Pray for their salvation as well.

OK so Mr. Mwemba is considered saved by John's strange standards, Mr. Njovu is possibly teetering on the brink of being converted from Catholocism,  Mr Trino and Mr. Daniel are still lost - but why is the unsaved Agrey  denied the honorific "Mr."?

These are some of the ladies Esther has been working with. Half of them had made a profession of faith, and the others have heard the Gospel countless times, but we are still praying for them. The young lady holding Caleb is Cholwe, the daughter of Mommy Rita (Agrey's wife also pictured separately with Esther), and they are both such wonderful examples of sweet Christian growth and fruitfulness.

So Esther has converted Rita and Cholwe.  She has a higher conversion rate that John, IMO.  I wonder what happened to Precious after the big row with Roderick?

The young lady wearing the backpack, Melody, comes irregularly, but God has really laid a burden for her salvation on Alatheia's, our 14 year old daughter's heart.

Aletheia is starting young. 

The tall lady, Mrs. Georgina Mwemba, comes with her family so faithfully. She has not made a profession yet. Some may remember that almost one year ago, on 27th October, this precious family lost one of their young twins. Please pray for her as the first anniversary of that tragic loss approaches.

They intend to prey on her really hard as the anniversary approaches.

The lady to her left, in the striped black and white top, is Joyce Phiri. She has heard the Gospel so many times over the 4+ years. Please friends, will you sincerely pray with us for her salvation?

This is Esther's original midwife.  She's done a really good job holding out against conversion and hasn't been mentioned for ages.  Mr. Phiri was in John's first Bible discipling group.  He seems to have done a runner.

The last picture is Mr. Mwemba, who is also mentioned in our August 2018 Video Update. He made a profession of faith a few months ago, and I love his hunger and growth in the Word of God. The wonderful light from the Word of God about the finished work of Christ dawned on his soul, he saw he was lost, as he met with me and told me that he was under conviction from God about his sin, his need to submit to and be made the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ and His Blood alone, and thus be saved from the judgment (John 16:8; Romans 10:3).

He hasn't seen through John yet.  

What a tremendous encouragement and blessing he is to me. A true joy. I thank God for him.

John thanked God for Arcade and Roderick too.  Run, Mr. Mwembe.  Run!

More next time from the remote place God has raised up a Senior Chief to open the door too (see the incredible story on our 2018 Video Update at: tinyurl.com/tzfilms if you have not done so yet!)

Yeah.  I hope God raises up the king of Barotseland to pull the rug from under John's feet.

Thanks for your faithful prayers friends, for those of you who truly, consistently, and fervently pray for us are our life line. Thank you as well to those of you who let us know this as well.

This last sentence does not make sense to me.  Anyone?

And he includes a video of the printer running and a photo of the damaged tire.

I see John is back on top of the world. Still no mention of Bro. Theophil. I wonder if he jumped ship soon after he arrived and found out that John is insane. 

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

This last sentence does not make sense to me.  Anyone?

He is saying he wants to know if people are praying for him a lot. Basically "Thanks for telling me you are praying daily." I think John gets a tiny high whenever someone posts on FB that they are praying for him, so he wants more people to do this. 

On 10/8/2018 at 12:59 AM, Tangy Bee said:

I think John is entirely sincere in his intentions, which are basically to play act being the Great White Hope of Africa Who Is Revered By Heathen Natives. He's about 150 years behind the times, but at least that still puts him ~200 years ahead of the crappy Bible translation he's using. 

Basically he wants people to hold him in awed respect and give him the deference he thinks he deserves without them actually having any good reasons for doing so. In that he is very sincere.

I would love to see Jill Rod and John married (after their spouses and children flee) & see the circus that prevails. 

Anyone whose clever & could write a fanfic about it :562479732b831_Excitement!Lol: would make my FJ year. 

Yes, but not publish on fj :D cause we don’t do that anymore.

Frightening thought. *shudder* It’s hard to imagine either of them single, or with any other spouse.

So Johnny had asked for prayers for an important meeting... I checked in on him today and that post is gone as are his recent alliterations. All I can see is newsletters... 

23 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

that post is gone as are his recent alliterations. All I can see is newsletters... 

Why so it is.  This is not the first time he's hidden stuff and gone private.

Now, now, John.  I suspect life went pear-shaped or demons have attacked again. 

Or perhaps I was prescient last last month.  Sorry to quote myself but:

On 9/16/2018 at 2:25 PM, Palimpsest said:

I am so glad John has returned to public posting.   If he cuts us off again we will know that the Barotseland "Mission" has died just like his unfortunate chicken farm.

On 10/8/2018 at 8:48 AM, Howl said:

John would be the proverbial millstone around his father's neck if he were to return to the US with wife and 12 (?) kids.

Daddy must dread the day that John finally gets kicked out of Africa and has no choice but to come back to the US.  Down deep he must know that could happen.  No amount of $$$ from Daddy would stop that.

6 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Daddy must dread the day that John finally gets kicked out of Africa and has no choice but to come back to the US.  Down deep he must know that could happen.  No amount of $$$ from Daddy would stop that.

SURELY there are other, majority Christian nations that Daddy could send John-Boy to?  

5 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

So Johnny had asked for prayers for an important meeting... I checked in on him today and that post is gone as are his recent alliterations. All I can see is newsletters... 

Yes. He said he wanted to make it clear he wasn't in trouble but it was an important meeting. I think the meeting didn't go so well. 

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

If he cuts us off again we will know that the Barotseland "Mission"

Was this the one with the powerful guy who seemed a little too eager to involve John? He flattered John a great deal I have a feeling that guy is just using John for something, perhaps John just found that out. 

11 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

SURELY there are other, majority Christian nations that Daddy could send John-Boy to?  

You are right, there probably are.  I think Daddy, in his panic to keep John-Boy from coming home, could find a way to get him somewhere.   But how easy is it going to be for Daddy to raise the funds to send him?  Even the people who are giving might wonder what's up that John-Boy has to go somewhere else.

11 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Probably but NO. NO. Nooooooooooooo........

John has to go back to Daddy. Daddy made him the perfect specimen of fatherhood he is today. Daddy must fund him.

Daddy will be worried. If the  Chief Funders meet John again in real life, their rosy coloured blinkers will fall off and they will discover just how large a prat Johnboy always was. 

Many will have forgotten over the passing of time just what John really is. Letters and videos John no doubt sends to the Tri-county church will be so eloquently scribed in shining Unicorn blood and dazzling with Rainbow hues sent from the Angels directly to John on Daddy's hot-line from heaven (John wishes!), that the truth may well be quite disturbing and funding will dry up.

( one can hope).

On 10/16/2018 at 5:53 AM, Georgiana said:

The USA springs to mind. Somewhere nice, like maybe... Katy, Texas?

On 10/15/2018 at 10:29 AM, Botkinetti said:

Those darn demons again. I wonder if he eats the same brand of canned green beans that Jrod does.

Well, John hasn't posted about opening cans of anything.  Wimmens work, it is.  

Total dick, that's our John.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:53 PM, Georgiana said:

Iceland??  Nah, John would have conniptions about their fondness for elves.

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

Iceland??  Nah, John would have conniptions about their fondness for elves.

Northern Ireland! Because what they need is a new Christian sect to unite against... that'll help, right?

(Yes I am joking in a kind of horrified way... there is no way I want that family anywhere near there.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived