IGNORED

John Shrader 16: Flying Away in That No-Engine Plane

Jellybean

His Dad must be grifting very hard on John's behalf to keep him in Zambia. I can't imagine why!!!!!!!!

Imo it's easier than having him back home!!!!!!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought of Bro Shrader today.  We received a new graduate from seminary and the visiting minister preaching the sermon had been a missionary in Zambia for over 2 decades.  He's since retired from the missionary field, but I had to remind myself NOT to ask if he'd ever heard of Bro Shrader.

Timothy turn 13 a few days ago. John now has 3 teenagers. I wonder how he's preparing them for the future, especially the boys (Alatheia will easily find a suitor, I think). I wonder if they will expect to be support by their father like he was supported by his own. They'd certainly be in for a shock. 

21 hours ago, Meeka said:

It made him happy that another pastor told him that he was preaching not to please men but to proclaim the bible since people have discouraged him in his ministry and have tried to destroy his testimony and ministry.

Can I interpret this as Bro. Shrader not mentioning the late Pastor Friday Lovemore Mwale at his own funeral?

I do wonder how often Esther's Parents are able to grift a trip to Zambia. They are missing their grandchildren growing up. 

A new Shraderling should be on the way soon? I've lost track of everything this year.

1 minute ago, Gobsmacked said:

I do wonder how often Esther's Parents are able to grift a trip to Zambia. They are missing their grandchildren growing up. 

A new Shraderling should be on the way soon? I've lost track of everything this year.

Probably another year away from another baby, hopefully. Caleb is 7 months and Esther has been doing 18-21 months for a while now. 

I don't think Esther's parents have gone to Zambia yet, but I could be wrong. She's come home a couple of times, but only with the current babies and maybe an older daughter for help. I don't think the Kellers have seen all Esther's kids in several years. 

On 8/6/2018 at 4:10 PM, anjulibai said:

I don't think Esther's parents have gone to Zambia yet, but I could be wrong. She's come home a couple of times, but only with the current babies and maybe an older daughter for help. I don't think the Kellers have seen all Esther's kids in several years. 

I don't think Mike and Suzette have ever visited Zambia.  Mind you, if they have John might not think it worthy of mentioning because it wouldn't be all about him.

Esther, Alatheia, Stephen, and Isaiah were back in the States in November 2016 for Thanksgiving.  I think that is the only time she has been back.  She did some fundraising at Daddy Shrader's church, visited other supporting churches, and visited her parents.   She also saw the Pecan Wallers, because they posted a video of little Stephen and Isaiah with their kids.

John whined that because Esther was back in the States, the closest thing he got to a Thanksgiving dinner was a chicken sandwich he had to buy in town.  We still have no idea who was looking after all the other kids, but it was obviously not John.

John has been back to the States once in late 2015, about 6 months after making landfall in Kafue.  Ostensibly this was to visit his dying sister, but really it was to consult with Daddy after Valley Baptist (his original sending church) had dumped him with prejudice.  He lost many other supporting churches when he was dumped.  We hoped in vain that Daddy would have a come to Jesus meeting with John then.  Instead he supported him.  The two of them also managed to convince poor terminally ill Sarah that contributions to John's mission would be a great memorial for her.

I remember the chicken sandwich thanksgiving lunch nonsense! I do seem to recall the Shrader parents visiting once back in the earlier days. The visit would have been around/before the paddling pool baptism video? I've possibly been dreaming!!

2 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I do seem to recall the Shrader parents visiting once back in the earlier days. The visit would have been around/before the paddling pool baptism video? I've possibly been dreaming!!

You are correct I think.  They were there when John baptised the much maligned Arcade (who escaped first), IIRC.

Actually I think Rick and Jodi have visited John twice.  Perhaps to reassure the donors that John is not completely off the rails  Daddy is keeping an eye on John.  They have invested enormous amounts of cash in John with no converts to show for it.  Although why the donors would trust Rick Shrader to rein Johnny in is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...

I find this fascinating.  

After a terribly discouraging 2017, the Lord led me to begin fasting more several months ago for several reasons, including my health. At the same time, our pastor began the same.

Is he referring to his dad, Jodi, or to someone in Zambia? and this

As my sending pastor, who also is my father recently said...

In the years that I've followed John and fam, I don't recall that he's ever written or implied that someone was his pastor, because his temperament is such that he can't take direction or guidance (spiritual or otherwise), or (especially) common sense advice from anyone.  Interesting.  Also, I can't give a reprise, because I couldn't bear to click the start button on Team Zambia Films Presents (!) Team Zambia Reaching Africa for Christ from the Heart of Africa. Sorry. 

On 8/8/2018 at 12:49 PM, Palimpsest said:

The two of them also managed to convince poor terminally ill Sarah that contributions to John's mission would be a great memorial for her.

Here's my imagining that sales pitch:  "If you support his mission in Zambia, he will stay far away from us.  He will also be far away you from in Heaven as well."

Danger: 

There are snakes in Africa. John shows a lion, but lions haven't been an issue for him. Car accidents have. He has been in several including one that almost ripped of the front bumper. 

Lies:

The Christian churches in Africa aren't really Christian. John shows a picture of some old converts who have since left. He covers their faces. John proclaims in a breathy voice that the men have returned to sin, that one man threatened Esther and the children and said he would burn down a church building. The men went to the police about John. John shows a crocodile. 

Doors Opened:

John shows the picture of Michael who died shortly after John converted him. John shows pictures of himself kneeling over the casket. Mwemba is a new convert. John shows a picture of Whyte, Boyd, Emmanual, and Julias. John has printed more than a half million gospel pages. He brings up the Johns and Romans he got a while back like it just happened. His church plant is still going and Bro. Peter got saved there. Bro. David is leading the church there. John is planting another church but it looks like it might actually be started by another IFB church and John is just helping. He is a bit vague about that. Mr. Nyambe is a new convert. Mr. Sikeli has been attending John's church for a year and is now saved. He became the senior chief of two provinces far away from John. John traveled to see him and he made all the leaders under him sit and listen to John preach at them. Boyd can now travel to Angola to preach without a visa. 

Do:

John showed a badly burned man and said he took treatment to him, but the man isn't saved, so spiritual needs are what are most pressing at the time even though there are many who have physical needs. John needs prayer.

John is now Biblical Historic Separated Baptist. 

John Boy what are you going to do when the oldest turns 18? At that point they no longer can stay under your VISA-are you going to support them for a VISA or ship them home? If you are going to support them that means you must show that you can support 3 adults (including you) and all the other kids that you have by then. Planning is not his strong point.

In most pictures in the video, John leaves them up for a bit and you can look at the picture, but there is one, the one where he said he is teaching men, flicks by so fast you barely see it. I paused at it to see what in the world made John use it but not leave it on the screen long enough for people to actually look at it. It appears it includes Bro. Theophil who was not mentioned one time in this video. You would think that having someone from America come to assist and learn from John would be a part of the video, but not a word. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

John is now Biblical Historic Separated Baptist

JHC!  There is no theological tent big enough for John, apparently.  Wonder if he got into it with someone who gave him the boot.  

And no word on Bro. Theophil? How can that be? Maybe Bro. Theophil is being more successful than John in reaching the unsaved or Bro. Theophil is about to bolt.  Maybe Bro. Theophil is a seriously flawed human?  

"Interesting" that John is most "successful" with church plants far, far away from his epicenter.  It's sad that John can't recognize the success of others as a form of true success. 

Always with the mysteries in sub-Saharan Africa. 

34 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

What is a "Separated Baptist"?

Separate Baptist were a group during the 1700's that believed in things like foot washing. Separated Baptist is John admitting no one lives up to his standards. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Separated Baptist is John admitting no one lives up to his standards. 

Thanks for clarifying the historical context of "Separate Baptists".  And you're exactly right: NO ONE is as Biblical Baptist as John.  No one, not one person.  

Any news about his church?

Has he been evicted from the grounds? Has somebody else taken over?

What about his problems with the law? Didn't he claim to know people high up the government?

Interesting that he is still using the Team Zambia logo despite that being used by Rea. John has been wiped from the Team Zambia website. 

ETA: Rea is spending his Facebook time defending Trump and talking about the lazy democrats. 

Thank you Formergothardite. John is is about to pee his pants, he is so excited. He has been there almost 5 years and still cannot pronounce place names or river names properly. 

The children are beautiful. What a shame John is their father. 

On 5/16/2018 at 4:07 AM, Jellybean said:

Continued from here:

Thanks to @bertneefor the thread title. 

John has been so quiet that I almost questioned the need for a new thread, but I’m sure we’ll fill it soon enough. 

John has apparently asked for funds to fix the seats (!) on his kit plane that was in pretty bad shape, the last we heard. He may also need to renew his pilots licence, as it’s been about three years since he received it (thanks @Bethella), and according to @gustava, it needs to be renewed with a flight check every two years. Sigh. So haphazard. So John.

Do the Shraders have a blog? 

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. Also is his wife the Regency clothes one? 

1 minute ago, yatesbaby said:

Do the Shraders have a blog? 

No.  He used to ages ago.  He now relies on Facebook but has an annoying habit of deleting stuff and making it private whenever he embarrasses himself.  And that happens frequently. 

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. Also is his wife the Regency clothes one? 

Kat

No worries, there is no wrong place to ask questions on FJ.  And welcome!

No, Esther Shrader is Anna Duggar's sister.  I think you may be confusing Esther with Jennie Chancey of the Regency clothes.  She is married to (Persecution Project and Old Spice) Matt and they spent some time in Kenya, then RSA, but are now planning to return to the US.  They came up recently in this thread: 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived