IGNORED

John Shrader 16: Flying Away in That No-Engine Plane

Jellybean

OK, a bit more on Evangelist Ted Alexander:  http://evangelisttedalexander.com/about/

So reformed drug addict and evangelist.  He doesn't look very Calvinist to me, the doctrinal statement looks typical of John's ilk.  He's written a couple of books about Baptist Martyrs that are right up Shrader's Trail of Blood alley, also several booklets and a curriculum for children.

And he has two weeks blocked out for early May 2019 in Zambia.  Then he is dropping off to convert Scotland and England before he goes back to Ohio.

He's planning to be in my neck of the books in October (he's a busy man) but I think I'll skip it. 

And there are a couple of videos there if anyone has time to watch them.  :)

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Then he is dropping off to convert Scotland

No fair! Scotland is MY mission field! 

He will be in several places in NC but I'm not sure I can go sit through that.  If it was John, hell yeah I'd be there, but not for this guy. 

It's a small world.  Bro. Ted is converting England at the Lighthouse Baptist Church in Carlisle.  Jody Hodnett must be ecstatic.

And we have another IFB missionary to Scotland rabbit hole.  Meet Pastor Donald of Lossiemouth. http://www.moraycoastbc.com/pastor/  Very cute church but he's been converting Scotland for a while.  Josh and Shaunda Hamilton are also there, more pals of Jody.

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

OK, a bit more on Evangelist Ted Alexander:  http://evangelisttedalexander.com/about/

So reformed drug addict and evangelist.  He doesn't look very Calvinist to me, the doctrinal statement looks typical of John's ilk.

FTR, I didn’t say or mean to imply that he was a Calvinist—just that he associates with them in a friendly manner (which I can’t see John doing at all). 

I definitely have some...opinions about him, but as they’re based on personal acquaintance and give away some personal details about me I’m keeping them to myself. 

John is begging again for money to support the plane mission. He is said that they need an aircraft right now so that God can "Redeem the Time" using the plane in aviation. Is "Redeem the Time" some type of religious expression because the way his phrased seemed like it might be? It looks like that he is trying to drum up support for the aviation mission with a man named Chris Holoday who is trying to fundraise. This man is at 40% support but that includes his military pension.

8 hours ago, Meeka said:

Is "Redeem the Time" some type of religious expression because the way his phrased seemed like it might be?

Yes, it is from a Bible verse that says the days are evil so redeem the time that you have here on earth. 

So John is really, really bored with his printing ministry and needs new toys. I bet he has been calling up daddy demanding he send money for a plane RIGHT NOW!!!!!! After all this time on the mission field doing crap, I doubt daddy can get the sheep to donate massive amounts of money, especially since John already wasted a ton of money on a plane that doesn't even have wings. 

This is Chris Holoday.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011651464873

Hmmmm, this guy is a real pilot with a passion for aviation.  What's gonna happen when he realizes that Bro. John is a zero experience wanna be desperate to be at the controls?  Anyway, John will probably create a blowup over some minor doctrinal quibble with Chris, and pfffft. 

I say this with sincerity: ANYTHING to keep John out of a flying ministry.  He has 11 (or is it 12?) children who deserve to have a father, even if that father is John. With John's issue(s), including not listening to anyone about anything, I can't see him surviving for very long as a pilot and when he goes down, he would likely be taking some other people with him, including some of his older children. 

With the hymn thing and a return to fb, I'm guessing (sadly) John is beginning a manic phase, and I'm not snarking here.   

Could the hymn thing turn out to be his thing?  Aside from his voice, does there appear to be any potential for his hymns to be singable or adopted by others or are they painfully mediocre?  Will this turn out to be another another failed project, in a long, long list of failed projects?  Too bad he has no congregants to help make his hymns more appealing to locals. 

And one more thing: I noticed the header on their facebook page has changed to: Planting New Testament Biblical Baptist Churches with Nationals to Reach Africa for Christ

Wild guess, but this might be what is keeping them out of jail and in Zambia. 

On 6/7/2018 at 9:32 PM, Meeka said:

John is begging again for money to support the plane mission. He is said that they need an aircraft right now so that God can "Redeem the Time" using the plane in aviation. Is "Redeem the Time" some type of religious expression because the way his phrased seemed like it might be? It looks like that he is trying to drum up support for the aviation mission with a man named Chris Holoday who is trying to fundraise. This man is at 40% support but that includes his military pension.

What, John is begging for money?  How many times has he told us he never asks for money?  He just prays and God sends him exactly what he has prayed about.

On 6/8/2018 at 6:08 AM, formergothardite said:

I doubt daddy can get the sheep to donate massive amounts of money, especially since John already wasted a ton of money on a plane that doesn't even have wings. 

This is Chris Holoday.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011651464873

If I were one of the sheep then I'd definitely be asking what happened to the original $14K plane God sent John.  

Yes, Chris Holoday appeared a couple of years ago offering support with the non-flying plane.  He was on Deputation then too.  He's ex-military and does know how to fly a plane and a bit about plane maintainance.  He's attached to this organisation:  https://missionaircare.org/aboutus

It looks like a Mickey Mouse Mission to me and isn't (AFAIK) active in Africa at all.  They were relocating from Alaska to NC last time I looked.  They do have a spiffy new website and a fantastic evangelistic video about DEATH! https://missionaircare.org/media-photos/gospel-presentation-video

Chris Holoday reappeared on John's FB last September after several months absence.   I think he was at 40% in his fundraising then too.  Perhaps he has scraped up the funds for a "survey trip."  I hope it is just that because if his intention is to latch on to John's "flying mission" he's in for a big disappointment.

On 6/1/2018 at 8:10 PM, Palimpsest said:

It's a small world.  Bro. Ted is converting England at the Lighthouse Baptist Church in Carlisle.  Jody Hodnett must be ecstatic.

I love it when FJ worlds collide!  I must look up the Hodnetts and see what local foods Jody is into right now

18 hours ago, Lurky said:

I love it when FJ worlds collide!  I must look up the Hodnetts and see what local foods Jody is into right now

I love the idea of Bro. Jody "going native." 

19 hours ago, Lurky said:

I must look up the Hodnetts and see what local foods Jody is into right now

He's not posting much publicly these days.  I note that he is still dreaming of a bricks and mortar church and chowing down fish 'n chips.  Sadly Ginger isn't posting about much more than Young Living promos these days.  Fundies and their snake oils ...

23 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

He's not posting much publicly these days.  I note that he is still dreaming of a bricks and mortar church and chowing down fish 'n chips.  Sadly Ginger isn't posting about much more than Young Living promos these days.  Fundies and their snake oils ...

Dear gawd, these MLM's are so rampant and repeatable, I left another thread, about a wholely different family, that the last posts were about the wife peddling Young living, to this thread, and seeing almost the same post, about shilling the crap on facebook, I almost thought I hit the wrong keys on my phone. The heyday is over with fundies, its all just MLM wash and repeat now. WOW!

1 hour ago, tankgirl said:

I left another thread, about a wholely different family, that the last posts were about the wife peddling Young living, to this thread,

Was that the Bakers to Alaska thread?  The Boyer sisters are also selling it.

I'm beginning to think YL is stalking me too.

On 6/8/2018 at 9:00 AM, Howl said:

does there appear to be any potential for his hymns to be singable or adopted by others or are they painfully mediocre?

He has no real potential in this area. His hymn writing is mediocre at best and most churches stick to the classics that everyone already knows. People don't like attending church and being forced to mumble through a hymn no one can sing.  No one is going to sing his hymns besides hymn and maybe his parents. He isn't writing an Amazing Grace, Be Thou My Vision, It is Well, or even the relatively more modern Pass it On. 

I'm reading my way through all the old Shrader threads. It's just gone four years since they landed in Zambia... how is this doofus still there?! His father's church must have deep pockets and unlimited patience.

18 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Was that the Bakers to Alaska thread?  The Boyer sisters are also selling it.

I'm beginning to think YL is stalking me too.

I think it was, it was just so weird how I picked this thread next, which was normally FL free, but then, a nearly identical post. FL is stalking me too, so some one with a bag yesterday at an appointment I had, in the waiting room. So extra FL day.

The fundies might disagree on doctrine but damn they are all a fast fool for the MLM's, and double if its got shady diet drinks or essential oils. Everything but Lullaroe, cause leggings is not their scene, must draw a line somewhere :lol:

13 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I'm reading my way through all the old Shrader threads. It's just gone four years since they landed in Zambia... how is this doofus still there?! His father's church must have deep pockets and unlimited patience.

Or his father's are parishioners are paying for him to stay away from them.

27 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

John's a 21st century remittance man.

Yes, you nailed it!  An apt and exact description of Bro. John. 

On 6/12/2018 at 1:16 PM, formergothardite said:

He has no real potential in this area. His hymn writing is mediocre at best and most churches stick to the classics that everyone already knows. People don't like attending church and being forced to mumble through a hymn no one can sing.  No one is going to sing his hymns besides hymn and maybe his parents. He isn't writing an Amazing Grace, Be Thou My Vision, It is Well, or even the relatively more modern Pass it On. 

His hymns also have loads of verses.  What church congregation is going to want to sing seven verses of one of his mediocre-at-best attempts to please Daddy?

@formergothardite is right:  churches don't tend to like singing hymns they have to learn from scratch.

9 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

What church congregation is going to want to sing seven verses of one of his mediocre-at-best attempts to please Daddy?

First, third and last! And that is singing a lot of verses.  No congregation is going to sing all eleventy billion poorly written hymn verses just to make John happy. 

Wonder if he performs/leads the congregation in singing his awful hymms. Could be why all his followers are leaving his church - uh, I mean, falling into the devil's clutches and abandoning the lord. Or however JShra words it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like he just made a video public that was recorded on Monday. I’m completely exhausted listening to him for 20 min, I can’t imagine having to listen to that 24/7. Poor Esther!!

Also he’s clearly on a manic high right now, like WOW.

Oh, boy.  Yep, he's back with a 20 minute long video.  He's in the Troopie and he starts off calm but by the end we have manic John.  It is also very repetitive.

A summary for anyone who can't see it and in case John makes it private again:

• He just put Bro. Boyd on a bus with some tracts to the Western Province.
  • Bro. Boyd was attacked by Satan last year because he was burdened for his people.
  • Last year was a very bad year.
  • John almost thought they were going backwards.
  • Everyone must know that they are not seeing thousands saved.
  • Because John is an expert on Africans he knows that isn't possible.
  • Other Missionaries aren't as clever as John they claimed thousands saved.
  • John has a burden on his heart.
  • He's not naming names or speaking ill of other missionaries but -
  • That wasn't real salvation.
  • Here's what is happening.
  • Jesus sent people out in twos but John only has Bro. Boyd.
  • There's a solid man there (Western Province) who was transferred from what John deigns to call a decent church in the Southern Province.
  • Bro. Boyd is going to go to [sounds like "mungoo"] for 2 weeks every month.  Then he'll go back to Kafue to continue his training under John for the other two weeks.
  • There's never been a church there before.
  • Bro. Boyd is young in his training but can work with the solid guy (may be called Bro. Sulu or Bro. Scrivener.) 
  • God has already given them free land right on the main road. 
  • The mayor has agreed.
  • Plot, tracts, Boyd, and solid guy - it can't fail!
  • Boyd's cousin is called Humphrey (that name sounds familiar).

John is high as a kite.  He's so excited he can hardly finish a sentence.  But now he makes his face look angry.

• John is burdened because of those other Baptists who are too quick to claim souls.
  • But Humphrey must be a solid save because he was immediately concerned about his family.
  • Good sign!  Aymen.  Aymen, aymen.
  • And the roads are bad but there is an airstrip there.  That's why they need the plane.  Pray!

John is now giggling and snorting with joy and talking about the icing on the cake and the cherry on top.

• There was this man who came to the church in Kafue.
  • He had to travel for over an hour (uphill in the snow both ways).
  • For a year he came to church.
  • Then he asked to be examined or to examine himself.
  • He took his time and is truly Born Again.
  • He is a member of the royal family of the Lozi people (John calls them a tribe.)   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lozi_people
  • John was praying that this might help register his mission.
  • This man is now senior chief over two districts in Western Province.
  • God has lifted him up for John's success.  Eleventy!!!111!!!!

Back to Boyd.

• He was a naughty boy but has returned to the fold.
  • Johnny's Daddy is in favor of sending him to the Western Province.
  • The solid man (Bro, Scrivener) has the approval of his pastor!
  • Pray for Bro. Boyd.  The Western Province.
  • John doesn't want decisions he wants lasting fruit.
  • He knows that Satan will attack Boyd.
  • Boyd's friends (the lost converts) are still attacking
  • Pray, pray, pray.
  • But God!  It is Him not John. 

And he can't stop talking.  "We need, we need, we need!"

You are welcome.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived