IGNORED

John Shrader 16: Flying Away in That No-Engine Plane

Jellybean

1 hour ago, TenYearOldJezzie said:

I get it. I was afraid of not being believed but understand trolls. How do I know the mods will keep my info private from the public forum? It seems the mods here are dedicated to order so if one wants to message me I'd provide some sort of verification. 

You need to message the forum's owner, @Curious. She is the only one who will know the info and does not share with anyone.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TenYearOldJezzie said:

From what I remember hearing, John was a difficult baby. He couldn't nurse and the resorted to feeding him goats milk which provided miraculous healing. The golden child was born. The younger kids were given evaporated milk mixed with Karo syrup in lieu of formula or breast milk because Jody had troubles with breastfeeding overall.

This is heartbreaking. 

Do you happen to know the origin of the insane story John keeps telling where when he was born someone sent a threat, written in blood, about killing him? 

Thanks for sharing, @TenYearOldJezzie. I know it must be difficult for you but for us who cringe and are filled with anger at the damage John does, and who worry about his wife and kids, we really appreciate it.

On the verification thing- I'm one to believe, especially with the sharing of trauma, until shown to be wrong. However, many of us have been hurt by people faking these things. Razing Ruth was my first experience with being very emotionally invested and worrying about someone on the internet and then it turned out that she got her kicks making up stories that had many overlaps with the experiences of posters here who have survived similar things (trauma, estrangement from family, rebuilding their lives etc) and she did it all to extort money and for the attention. I don't doubt your stories and I commend you for coming forward but I know it would give my poor heart some relief if you verified yourself with @Curious. Razing Ruth really left me devastated and feeling used and almost empty because I knew that all the worry and care and time I spent reading her stories and communicating with her was literally to hold me up as a fool while I struggled with my own similar (in many ways but different causes) life.

Despite that experience, I will choose to believe any survivor until given a good reason not to. Thank you for coming out of lurking.

John has managed to find another church to support him. I have a feeling this is a less of a miracle and more that Daddy was pulling strings behind the curtain to find some more churches to send money. 

Praise the Lord! We just were taken on for monthly support by Grace Baptist church in Oxford, Pennsylvania!

Pastor Steve Rogers contacted us through the suggestion of one of his church members, had our family present via Skype during their Missions Month, and he just informed me that they voted to take us on, and sent me these encouraging pictures today!

God is way too good to our family!

Truly, "God's work, done God's way, will never lack God's supply." - H.T.

We have never asked a single church for their financial support, and we by conviction don't publicize our needs, yet God continues to show Himself strong in amazing ways on our behalf. I was just sharing with pastor Rogers today a little of how the Lord provided our Toyota HCJ78 Land Cruiser brand-new five years ago, a truly amazing provision, and those vehicles sell here at present cost just under $100,000.00. You read that right, something like 97,000+!!!

That vehicle has been a vital part of our ministry so far, and continues its key role now as we go into Western Province!

Dear friends, especially the few missionary friends I have, please consider carefully. God will share His Glory with no one (Isaiah 42:8; 48:11) amen?! When you completely remove man and flesh from the equation, ONLY God alone can receive the glory!

Trust Him dear friends, for He truly is Mighty, Worthy, and alone deserves the Glory!!

"And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:" - Revelation 19:1

Humbled by His continued amazing goodness,

Bro. John Shrader
Zambia

JOhn spent a year traveling around trying to get churches to give him money! And he is constantly dropping hints when he wants something. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John has managed to find another church to support him.

The Shraders have already been added to the church's missions page, bringing the total of supported families to about 20.  It doesn't look like a very large congregation, so how much support can they be able to send? 

And is this a hint of the type of thing he wants in the future?  Is it time for a new model? 

I was just sharing with pastor Rogers today a little of how the Lord provided our Toyota HCJ78 Land Cruiser brand-new five years ago, a truly amazing provision, and those vehicles sell here at present cost just under $100,000.00. You read that right, something like 97,000+!!!

On 1/22/2019 at 11:56 AM, formergothardite said:

This is heartbreaking. 

Do you happen to know the origin of the insane story John keeps telling where when he was born someone sent a threat, written in blood, about killing him? 

While this story sounds familiar I cannot remember any detail about it. When we first started at the church, they all came to dinner one night and Rick told lots of stories about their earlier lives. This is where I remember about the goat's milk. Rick always reminded of a displaced outlaw. I'll ask my Ma about that story and see what she remembers and get back to you.

15 hours ago, Aine said:

Thanks for sharing, @TenYearOldJezzie. I know it must be difficult for you but for us who cringe and are filled with anger at the damage John does, and who worry about his wife and kids, we really appreciate it.

On the verification thing- I'm one to believe, especially with the sharing of trauma, until shown to be wrong. However, many of us have been hurt by people faking these things. Razing Ruth was my first experience with being very emotionally invested and worrying about someone on the internet and then it turned out that she got her kicks making up stories that had many overlaps with the experiences of posters here who have survived similar things (trauma, estrangement from family, rebuilding their lives etc) and she did it all to extort money and for the attention. I don't doubt your stories and I commend you for coming forward but I know it would give my poor heart some relief if you verified yourself with @Curious. Razing Ruth really left me devastated and feeling used and almost empty because I knew that all the worry and care and time I spent reading her stories and communicating with her was literally to hold me up as a fool while I struggled with my own similar (in many ways but different causes) life.

Despite that experience, I will choose to believe any survivor until given a good reason not to. Thank you for coming out of lurking.

Thanks for the kind reply. I messaged @Curious about verification yesterday. Waiting to hear back.

I am so sorry that happened to you on here. It is an awful thing when someone manipulates others to garner attention and financial support.

Let me just say I am not here for attention, nor to manipulate money out of people. I have my own source of income, family, and a few friends that have my back. I can't imagine asking strangers on the internet for money even in my hardest battles. As far as attention, once the questions stop I'll slink back into lurking and getting my "John Shrader is not a good person" fix quietly. Thank you for believing survivors <3

11 minutes ago, TenYearOldJezzie said:

I'll ask my Ma about that story and see what she remembers and get back to you.

Thank you! That story has always seemed so far out there but John always uses it to show how he is super special. 

17 hours ago, Aine said:

Razing Ruth really left me devastated and feeling used and almost empty because I knew that all the worry and care and time I spent reading her stories and communicating with her was literally to hold me up as a fool while I struggled with my own similar (in many ways but different causes) life.

I'm so sorry.  But don't feel a fool ever.  Compassion is never wasted and makes you a good person.  Ruth really did leave a swathe of destruction in her wake.  It wasn't just through scamming people out of money and her emotional vampirism.  The fact that she made people doubt survivors' stories is what is truly unforgivable to me.  

2 hours ago, TenYearOldJezzie said:

I am so sorry that happened to you on here. It is an awful thing when someone manipulates others to garner attention and financial support.

The money scamming didn't happen "on here" because we have long had rules against members requesting money.  "Ruth" had her own blog.  The lies and emotional vampirism happened here, on No Longer Quvering, and on the now defunct TWoP.  She was a clever scammer who got around.  She also had many scams running simultaneously on many different fora.

We do get quite a few people claiming insider knowledge of Fundies we discuss here, just for attention and kicks, though.  We have learned to be cautious about dramatic stories from insiders.

15 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

The Shraders have already been added to the church's missions page, bringing the total of supported families to about 20.  It doesn't look like a very large congregation, so how much support can they be able to send? 

And is this a hint of the type of thing he wants in the future?  Is it time for a new model? 

Probably not much, but every little helps.  I do wish he would give us the complete list of donor churches for our research purposes.  Bro. Theophil's church also supports John and others occasionally chime in on Facebook.  He just lost a lot of donor churches when his original Sending Church dumped him for cause.

And yes, he is absolutely hinting about needing a brand new people carrier.  I wonder why he stopped calling the Truthymobile a "Troopie."  They also have a smaller car that they grifted.

And don't forget that God also gave him a pile of rusty plane parts.  He frequently hints about needing a new plane.

God is way too good to our family!

Understatement of the century, Bro. Shrader. 

And how is Bro. Theophil doing? He seems to get zero recognition from John and it can't be easy trying to deal with Bro. Shrader. 

I've long put John in the "truly obnoxious and annoying person" category. 

However, @TenYearOldJezzie's remembrances about John cast him in a much darker, meaner and even evil light.  

I don't think John has ever acknowledged Bro. Theophil's arrival in Zambia or any work he might be doing. Outside of appearing briefly in a picture it is like he isn't even there. I can't help but wonder what exactly is going on in that situation where John is pretending Theophil isn't there. 

14 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Bro. Theophil's church also supports John and others occasionally chime in on Facebook.  He just lost a lot of donor churches when his original Sending Church dumped him for cause.

I feel like I should know this - but what was the cause? Was that the theological 'angels on the head of a pin'-type argument I skimmed? 

I mean really the cause should be that he's done and achieved basically nothing in the time he's been there other than increasing the local population by two.

8 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I feel like I should know this - but what was the cause? Was that the theological 'angels on the head of a pin'-type argument I skimmed? 

I mean really the cause should be that he's done and achieved basically nothing in the time he's been there other than increasing the local population by two.

IIRC, we had a source who said that the original cause of the split with Valley Baptist and Rea was a squabble over Lordship Salvation (easy believerism).  John was accused of doing Lordship Salvation.  John says he was greatly misunderstood, and that it was about him being by Grace Alone, while Valley Baptist was heretical and believed in Works.  

It was all very confusing.

It happened not long after Shrader got to Kafue, perhaps December 2014, when Rea was still stateside.   At the time John was flying high.  He was boasting about being the best missionary ever because his deputation was so short, all the wonderful toys he was being given, and claiming to be converting people all over the place.  It is quite possible Rea's nose got out of joint because he was still stuck raising funds, but Johnny was behaving like an arrogant boastful ass and a fool.  He was slipping closer and closer to open Prosperity Gospel.

Valley Baptist tried to discipline him and he went nuts, Valley Baptist dumped him and sent a letter to all the supporting churches.  Many dropped him.  John flew back to Katy -  and then Tri-County was his Sending Church.  Daddy started fundraising like billy-ho because John was costing at least (or perhaps even losing, I forget) $2,000 per month in Kafue.  That was when we could still see the Rick-Jodi Facebook page.  Johnny is expensive.

So he still has some supporting churches but he lost a lot of support back then.

And I can't believe he is still there.  I originally gave him <6 months in Zambia.

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Actually by 3:  Stephen, Isaiah, and Caleb.

And John has achieved spending a shit-load of other people's money, killing many chickens and snakes, alienating his original converts, and fucking over Roderick and Arcade royally.

I have to give Rea some small credit.  He didn't laugh publicly at John after the Great Mutiny of December 2017.  In Fundie eyes, if that didn't prove John's claimed rapid conversion rate was Lordship Salvation, nothing would.  :)

i can't imagine what the tiny church in oxford was thinking...why would they decide to support this fool? did they not look into his history at all?

Hi, John!  :greetings-waveyellow:

Been reading here again?

He just reposted this to prove that he is totes innocent of Lordship Salvation.  Excerpts, as I can't remember whether we critiqued it before.

Worth posting again. Originally written and posted on my 39th birthday, 2.5 years ago.

"No one WANTS to lose friends...but..."

Good grief.  I thought most people stopped celebrating half birthdays at a younger age than 40.

As Tozer aply once stated, I have indeed experienced the "displeasure of misguided men" and sadly, lost friends over this very issue. Even several that I at one time counted among my very closest of friends.

Rea?

The seriousness of genuine conversion is so heavy upon me, because I've made my own mistakes and failures in trying to encourage people I love to receive Christ, with the very best of intentions and not seeking to be cavalier in any sense at all.

I'll agree that you have made mistakes and failures.  And have claimed many quickie conversions in your time.

People, in their commendable desire to see as many converted as possible, seem to ignore this and treat the Gospel as if it's a simple mental decision...like which brand of car to buy or which neighborhood to live in.

They've even watered down the definition of repentance to a mere "change of mind." Even Spurgeon took exception with that! The Bible is clear that true conversion is in the "heart" (see Rom. 10:9), and calls salvation an "operation of God" in Col. 2:12, and no physical heart operation takes place without critically careful preparation.

Call me extreme, but I like to take several hours to go through the Gospel when dealing with individuals about their soul.

An altar call isn't enough.  I, not Jesus, get to be the judge of souls.  And I can do it in a matter of hours.

People are not as Biblically literate in our day as they were many decades ago, yet I hear "Independent Baptists" brag of leading someone to salvation at a drive through window in a few minutes, or as one man did, 20 people to Christ here in Zambia in one hour! That's an average of 3 minutes each! (The man who I heard make this claim had been sent here by a former missionary to "teach" leaders here how to win people to Christ. I'm not doubting the man's heart for the lost, I believe he's truly desirous to see people converted, but those that were "saved"? To my knowledge there was no follow up, none requesting baptism or added to the church, as we see in Acts 2).

I'm a better missionary than him!  Neener, neener.

There is so much false teaching here in Zambia, and you CANNOT assume the individual you are dealing with understands, unless you ask questions and take TIME, carefully going through the Scriptures. As one Zambian pastor said to me recently, "In our culture we often say yes but we mean no."

This is POWERFUL, and VITAL to realize, as the S.S.P. (standard salvation presentation) is usually comprised of asking "yes" questions, and proceeding forward upon the affirmative answer of the one being dealt with).

Those Zambians are tricky.

This is not just critical when dealing with people on the Mission Field, but especially children, and even those in America, who are no longer being raised hearing grandma talk about the Bible, but instead grandma has been watching the Sodomite promoting show "Friends", or the many other perverted and wicked shows out there today. We are living in a post-Biblically literate culture.

How odd.  I thought Friends tended to promote homophobia not sodomites.

On this day I'm 39 years old. I've made many mistakes in soul winning, including with my own family members, but after seeing the lack of a changed life and the power of God evident in their life, this led me to reexamine what is commonly taught today as "soul winning."

Jace reference?

The old time historic Baptists preached a strong message including repentance just like our namesake John.

The royal we?

That Biblical conviction has carried me through some of the worst persecution in my life, at the hands of my former friends, IFB men, even pastors and a fellow missionary that accused me of something called "Lordship Salvation". Such a confused term that is. Most don't even have a clear definition of what they THINK it means!

Our source was right!

And the rest is John's usual word salad as he tries to explain again what he THINKS it means and why he is the best judge of salvation.

In other news, he printed more tracts and wants everyone to pray.

I'm praying for the Lord of the Harvest to both send forth laborers and give the increase as the Precious Seed of Life has been sown through giving out of Gospel tracts and John and Romans in both Kafue and Mongu today.

Would you please pray with us?

Pray for true conviction over sin, godly sorrow that works repentance unto Salvation. Only God can do such work.

Thanks friends,

On 1/24/2019 at 12:24 PM, Gobsmacked said:

Zambia does not need John to need a new plane. 

Zambia needs John on a plane headed out of the country never to return.

I'm not a professional translator and I don't play one on TV, but I'm going to give this a try: 

I'm praying for the Lord of the Harvest to both send forth laborers and give the increase as the Precious Seed of Life has been sown through giving out of Gospel tracts and John and Romans in both Kafue and Mongu today.

SEND MONEY!  The Precious Seed of Life may refer to sunflower seeds, so SEND SNACKS.

Would you please pray with us?

SEND MONEY!

Pray for true conviction over sin, godly sorrow that works repentance unto Salvation. Only God can do such work.

SEND MONEY! 

Thanks friends,

Don't forget to SEND THE DAMN MONEY! 

On 1/26/2019 at 2:44 PM, Palimpsest said:

instead grandma has been watching the Sodomite promoting show "Friends", or the many other perverted and wicked shows out there today. We are living in a post-Biblically literate culture.

How odd.  I thought Friends tended to promote homophobia not sodomites.

Maybe he was confusing it with Will and Grace. Or, considering how little John seems to know about popular culture, Soap.

A nerve has been struck with John Boy.

He is in full defensive mode at the moment.  John Esther Shrader has added 7 photos and 2 videos.  Because he has to defend his "missionarying."

Bible memory, Baptism mentioned, and Blessings in Mongu and here!

You are better at alliteration than that Johnny.

This has become such a joy! Our "True Treasure Scripture Memory" part of our ministry has just thrilled and delighted us to see how many are hiding God's Words in their hearts! (Check out the totally melt-your-heart vids of two little girls quoting their verses below, the youngest is Maureen, daughter of Hope, who has been coming with her younger sisters, the other is Natasha.)

Actewal namesies of infant convertsisies.

Every week we encourage everyone to memorize one verse, but there's five verse every month, so there is a challenge to memorize and be able to say all five verses on the last Sunday of each month. You can see by the board that we had 16 guys and 14 gals, which is the little ones up to the adults. We quoted for almost an hour solid again today!!! Wow.

John's month has 5 weeks.  And quoting for a solid hour sounds - boring.

To see these little ones, the youth, and the young adults and some adults as well loving God's Word and hiding it in their hearts is just so precious.

So precious.

Esther got some pictures of a few of the precious children after church also. I know you will enjoy seeing their darling faces.

We bribed some kids with food and money for the photo op.

God is really working in this little group of people here. Bro. Mweemba came up after the 2+ hour main preaching service today ready and requesting to share his salvation testimony publicly and follow the Lord in believer's baptism! Amen!!!

Well, did you let him, Johnny?  Have you thoroughly screened him?  Lordship Salvation and all that stuff.

Bro. Boyd had a wonderful week in Mongu.

Just as a matter of interest, how is Bro. Boyd supporting himself these days?   The guy used to have a real job.  Are you now paying him a pittance and telling him not to get a decent job because you need him to be your servant and at your beck and call.  And telling him not to eat meat?

Johnny, we have not forgotten Roderick.  You treated him very badly, and dumped him when he saw through you.

The Lord really blessed with lots of good contacts from the Gospel tracts distribution, and he had numerous Bible studies to witness and share the Gospel with several this week.

And where was Johnny?  And how is Bro Theophil spending his time?

Mr. Khozi, the man on the back left (with green on his shirt), wanted to come visit the Freedom Biblical Baptist church plant in Mongu,

But someone stole the sign.

but his friend tried to discourage him and direct him to another "church."

Friend had brains.

He was not deterred, and said, "No, I want to visit THAT one!", and has been visiting faithfully on both Thursdays and Sundays for several weeks now, and asking many questions. Please pray for his salvation!

Praying for his escape.

Mr. Namushi (the one in the white shirt next to him), is also asking many questions, attending and listening carefully, and even went out with them on Outreach yesterday.

Sucker.

Bro. Boyd is planning on traveling over to Sioma this week where the Chief is, and he's stopping in a town on the way, named Senga, where we had distributed some tracts before. He was contacted and will be meeting and witnessing to a man who received one of those tracts, then going on to Sioma from there.

Again, how is Bro, Boyd keeping body and soul together.  And eating.

Please pray for his safety in travel (public transportation is VERY dangerous here),

Lend him your second car, Johnny.  You could take the bus yourself.

and for the Lord to fill him and use him in a mighty way as he faithfully serves the Lord there in Western Province. What a blessing his obedience and surrendered service to the Gospel work is to our hearts. Please pray diligently for him.

I'm keeping him in my thoughts.  In the hopes he will see through you.

We had two first-time visitors today at church here in Kafue, as well as a returning one. One lady was contacted through the John and Romans/tracts distribution from Outreach yesterday,

Promise!  The tracts are not just loo paper!

and the other was a friend of Whyte that he's been reaching out to for a long time! 

Poor Whyte.  At least you are spelling his name right.  This time.  Run, Jimmy!

Jimmy was very attentive during the teaching and preaching, and I was given a chance to speak to him of Christ after services as well.

Given a chance?  Are you not supposed to be the Pastor?  What are you doing with your time?

Mrs. Zulu lives near Mommy Rita and her faithful family. Please keep praying for the salvation of her husband Agrey. He was there again today.

Poor Agrey.  He is fighting the good fight,

I might be given a wonderful chance to share the Gospel tomorrow with a Catholic man

Or you  have exhausted the source of disillusioned 7th Day Adventists.  Shoot!  A lot of your original converts were SDA.  And SDA are Christian.

And, breaking news - Catholics are Christian too.  Just not your sort of Christian!

that I had helped pushing/rolling a heavy drum of water up a hill not far from where we rent our house over three years ago.

Did that not hurt your back?

He has been gone for the past three years in South Africa, but has now returned. He came by as we were finishing services today to thank me for the borehole and water pump we installed on the church property to give the local community free access to water.

@formergothardite!  A mention of the well!

He said he comes every morning now for water, and was so grateful. This opened a door to begin sharing the Gospel, and he said he would meet with me in the next couple weeks, maybe tomorrow!

Please pray for Nason, he is definitely lost.

Run, Nason.  Run, run, run!  That water (if it is even free)  comes with conditions.

God is showing Himself strong, and we are resting and seeking to be 'Biding in Him, Busy in the work of the ministry, as we are so Blessed to be serving our gracious and glorious Lord here in Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa.

Shrader, your "God" is out of his mind.

You are a parasite, a leech, a confused piece of crap, and not good for Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa.

Or Beyond.  Do you remember trying to claim Burundi?

50 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

e 2+ hour main preaching service

Christ on a Cracker they had an hour of reciting Bible verses and two hours of John preaching at them?! How does he keep any members at all? No wonder he couldn't make it as a pastor in America, there is no way your average IFB is going to listen to their pastor drone on for hours each week!

And the well! Finally a mention of the magical well! I have to admit I'm a bit suspicious that it took him three years to mention the well again after making such a huge deal about getting the money to put it in. 

Episcopal Churches homilies (sermons) average about 12 minutes and ours are usually thought provoking. I guess John missed the memo about the less you say the more they will remember. 

I thought the well was for church members (and John) when it was first dug. Did I misremember?

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Mr. Namushi (the one in the white shirt next to him), is also asking many questions, attending and listening carefully, and even went out with them on Outreach yes

I will laugh so hard if it turns out that Mr Namushi is a government inspector looking at whether John is fulfilling visa conditions.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:55 AM, MayMay1123 said:

i can't imagine what the tiny church in oxford was thinking...why would they decide to support this fool? did they not look into his history at all?

I hope that they did look into his history and that after much prayer and contemplation they decided to support him, because they want to keep him far, far, far away from them.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived