IGNORED

John Shrader 16: Flying Away in That No-Engine Plane

Jellybean

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

See, I don't understand how fundies/conservatives RAIL against universal healthcare like it's a proclamation that everyone has to shit on their dead grandma, but they're totes OK with childhood friends paying for their routine medical care or setting up a Funds Go To Me to beg their friends and family to pay for large procedures or emergency care. UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE IS BASICALLY THAT SHIT EXCEPT IT'S A LOT BIGGER AND FUNDS GO TO EVERYONE. WHY DO YOU NOT SEE THIS. 

Some may not see it, some may have an issue with the bolded. 

"Everyone" includes those who are not exactly their variety of Christian, not Christian at all, brown, gay, recent immigrants, etc. Their precious grifted money may go for abortions or birth control or making women comfortable and healthy without the use of the Plexus and DoTerra they are hawking -- can't have that!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Some may not see it, some may have an issue with the bolded. 

"Everyone" includes those who are not exactly their variety of Christian, not Christian at all, brown, gay, recent immigrants, etc. Their precious grifted money may go for abortions or birth control or making women comfortable and healthy without the use of the Plexus and DoTerra they are hawking -- can't have that!

Everyone also includes "the undeserving", which seems to also be a huge issue with them. Their definitions of who is and isn't deserving are flexible depending on whether they are perceived as being in the group or out of it. Hollywood star has long term issues from tobacco use - undeserving! Pastor has long term issues from tobacco use - deserving!

It seems John has a new grand plan. Prison ministry is what he wants to do next. He says that even the prisoners are raising money to finance Johns printing endeavors. 

New Potential Prison Ministry in Mongu!
(Western Province, Zambia)

Would you PLEASE PRAY with us?

Every time I have driven through Mongu, my eyes have been drawn to the prison there. I am told that there are almost 800 men incarcerated within.

Bro. Boyd and I have spoken many times about desiring to be able to preach to them, and pray that God might take broken men, and give them broken hearts over their sin, then see that godly sorrow work repentance unto Salvation!

What a joy that would be!!

I have ministered a little in the local cells here, but in America I used to go into the prisons, and my heart is still so burdened for prisoners. Isaiah 61 both thrills and tears at my soul in regards to these precious men.

Bro. Avery, a dear friend of ours, can testify to the Power of God to change men, and set them spiritually free! He has men inside that facility that PRAY for us (and many others), and regularly experience revival, answered prayer, and see God mightily working inside a prison!! (The men there where he ministers recently even took a sacrificial love offering to send towards printing the Chechewa-English John and Romans for Zambia!) The stories he has told me stir my soul!!

Would you also pray for some PURE Scripture in Lozi, at least in John Romans first? We need God to raise up translators to help us see purified Bibles in the vernacular languages. There is not even one, though there are 70+ languages here, and 7 main languages!

We have received preliminary approval from the prison in Mongu, thanks to Bro. Scrivner writing a letter. We are now just waiting for the formal written approval.

I was so excited to hear this news, so PLEASE PRAY with us regarding this!!

Bro. John Shrader

Note: This picture was taken off the web, as we have not been inside the prison yet. Even when we are, we will probably not be allowed to take any pictures. Zambia is very careful in regards to this matter.

Prison ministry - Parishioners who can't run away! And the're likely to want to come because it relieves the monotony of prison. 

I can't imagine, though, that John's American supporters are going to like this. Why go all the way to Zambia to save prisoners? There are prisoners in the US. It'd be way cheaper to do a prison ministry at home. 

Prison ministry is the very definition of a captive audience. I wonder if he is sucking up to his father-in-law’s audience and hoping to get some money from them.

Bullshit there isn’t a single Bible in any of Zambia’s languages. If you google Chichewa Bible or Nyanja Bible you’ll get a dozen different translations without looking hard at all.

Why is he trying to reinvent the wheel with people who don’t know what they are doing? 

Dear John, the people who are fluent in Zambia’s big languages as well as literate in Bublical Hebrew/Ancient Greek have all already created the translations you claim don’t exist. If you find someone willing to translate the KJV into these languages you are only going to create a sub-par translation. 

I work in a prison and I can promise you: prisoners will go to ANYTHING to relieve the boredom of the day. Particularly if there's any chance of tea/coffee/snacks at it ?

Now mind you, when the snacks are all gone, they have a frequent tendency to rip the absolute piss out of speakers; again, to receive the monotony of life "inside".

So methinks John mightn't find them nearly as docile an audience as he expects ???

9 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Why is he trying to reinvent the wheel with people who don’t know what they are doing? 

I kind of want an academic to do a translation into the 17th century versions of local languages. Just so the locals can go "this is really stupid" and take a harder look at John et al's theology and overall mindset. And also it'd be fun.

On 1/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, anjulibai said:

Prison ministry - Parishioners who can't run away! And the're likely to want to come because it relieves the monotony of prison. 

Not just a literal captive audience but he has also laid the groundwork in that post as to why there won't be photos of this ministry and his "new converts" ?

I am going to be fascinated to see if this new prison ministry scheme works out (knowing John's track record we just won't hear about it ever again)...

For back story, my husband is Zambian and when I was there last Christmas, we tried to go visit a cousin of his that was serving a short prison sentence in order to deliver some food/clothing items. They absolutely would not let me inside. First I was told only family members could visit, and then when we explained that I was family, we were told that women weren't allowed into the prison. This is despite clearly seen plenty of Zambian women going in and out doing exactly what we were trying to do (dropping off food for the week for their family members). My assumption is that the security guards didn't want a foreigner to go inside and see what the prison conditions were like since my husband said it was definitely not a very nice place! 

To be fair we just stopped by during normal visiting hours and it sounds like John is writing letters to local government authorities in advance, so maybe John will have more luck pulling strings with connections, but I will still be pretty surprised if it actually turns into a full-fledged "prison ministry"!

Every time I have driven through Mongu, my eyes have been drawn to the prison there. I am told that there are almost 800 men incarcerated within.

. . . and I thought to myself "people who are trapped inside a building! I've found my congregation at last!"

On 1/12/2019 at 1:27 PM, IrishCarrie said:

Now mind you, when the snacks are all gone, they have a frequent tendency to rip the absolute piss out of speakers; again, to receive the monotony of life "inside".

So methinks John mightn't find them nearly as docile an audience as he expects

:popcorn2: Can't wait!

John has written two terrible poems, says he is still suffering back pain and thanks people for prayer because God is working on his heart. 

Well, he's entered into a depressive phase. I'm guessing he's taken to his bed. 

Enoch turned 16 2 days ago. No mention, I'm guessing? Does he need to get a new visa or a job or something to stay in the country? I thought someone mentioned something like that earlier. 

One poem is mostly about all the bugs that are currently annoying him. This is only part of the poem. I stopped reading. 

This time of year is most terrible, 
When the flies by the thousands assail
I've often half-joked to my family,
Like those pigs they seem inhabited by demons from hell

It's as if they come and attack you,
Try to land on your face or your food
And if you research you'll in horror discover,
That that occurrence is far from good

Oh we've tried many forms of deterrents,
Outside horribly smelling fly traps
And though they eliminate thousands,
The continued assault can make your mind snap

We should buy stock in old-fashioned glue traps,
The strips from the ceiling we suspend
But within days they're quickly covered,
It's as if there are flies without end

Then we bought the electric bug zapper,
On the fridge always ON it is found
And oh how delightful bugs frying,
What a joyful satisfying sound

Then we purchased some Bug-A-Salt salt guns,
What wonderful inventions they are
They shoot and kill flies using table salt,
How awesome to see them fall to the ground

One horsefly got in our bathroom,
It laid eggs some time ago
And in just the past week I've been slaughtering
Of those huge flies more than thirty or so

So massive it takes multiple shots to kill them,
But the Bug-A-Salt 3.0
Is such a helpful blessing,
To eliminate them ere they grow

And then there are the termites,
An invasive gnawing pest
And here in Zambia they're everywhere,
Our yard seems to be one big nest

And though we've tried to poison,
They found their way inside
And now they've eaten my dresser,
That someone gifted to me and my bride

And then there are the mosquitoes,
They really love to feed
And how we cringe when in crushing,
You find the blood they did eat

But we're thankful how God has provided,
And through showing us magnascent iodine
Our worries of malaria are over,
To contracting it we don't have to resign

And then there are the Inswa, 
A large-winged bug found here
In rainy season hatch from tombs in the soil,
And vociferously fly in your ear

What's funny is people like to eat them,
They shed their large wings in the night
Then some will come and collect them,
And fry up a crunchy "delight"

Oh dear friend these are small irritations,
Just part of the place we are called
And please don't think I'm complaining,
It's not that way at all

I just love scrolling through stanza after stanza of complaining, to see that it (predictably) ends with "And please don't think I'm complaining,
It's not that way at all."

John, look up poetic meter. Hell, just read it aloud and hear how clumsy it sounds.

I dedicate this odious ode to you, John:

I think that I shall never witness

A "poet" who is quite so witless.

A man whose mouth is running on,

With all the syllables he wants to cram into a line to try to make a point and get to a word that almost rhymes but doesn't quite, but he still thinks he is the (takes deep breath) cunning one.

I honestly don't know what made me laugh harder - the bugs eating the dresser (seriously, they shipped that to Zambia? Why?), rhyming assail with hell (this does not rhyme at all in my accent), the bug shooting salt gun or the ending. 15 verses, and that wasn't the full poem? How long was it?!

Wow. I...wow. Even after following John's exploits for years, I have a hard time believing that pome is real. When I know good and well it is, because who else would (a) write such tripe and (b) do it so poorly?

One thing that always bugs me about John's verse—well, besides everything else—is his refusal to stick to one vernacular. It never scans or rhymes well anyway, but then he yo-yos between archaic and modern colloquial English to try to make everything fit and that just makes things worse. I usually bail out after four or five stanzas because the secondhand embarrassment is so overwhelming; the only reason I read all of this one is because FG said in advance it was just an excerpt. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

is Enoch the eldest child?

He is. Two more years until legal adulthood. I hope Esther has at least been making sure to keep up his education. 

John can write a long ass poem about killing flies, but can't say one word about his eldest child turning 16? Fucker. 

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

When the flies by the thousands assail
I've often half-joked to my family,
Like those pigs they seem inhabited by demons from hell

Glorious! He's outdone himself this time!

One horsefly got in our bathroom,
It laid eggs some time ago
And in just the past week I've been slaughtering
Of those huge flies more than thirty or so 

Like Shakespeare, only more entertaining ?

The strips from the ceiling we suspend
But within days they're quickly covered,
It's as if there are flies without end 

Thank you for that @formergotharite!

Uh, oh.  Buried in that godawful doggerel is more Shrader irresponsibility.

And then there are the mosquitoes,
They really love to feed
And how we cringe when in crushing,
You find the blood they did eat

But we're thankful how God has provided,
And through showing us magnascent iodine
Our worries of malaria are over,

To contracting it we don't have to resign

So they no longer try to avoid mosquito bites because they think a product that does not truly exist in liquid form, and a theory completely debunked in the 1920s, protects them from malaria.  What with this and their high consumption of colloidal silver, it is surprising that they are all alive.

Where do Fundies get this idiotic belief in bogus dietary supplements anyway?  

Nascent iodine

We couldn’t find any reliable scientific information on “nascent iodine.” Normal, run-of-the-mill iodine is an important thing to have in your body, but most people get enough from foods that are rich in the mineral. The “nascent” stuff is supposed to have an “electromagnetic charge” that makes it easier to digest.

Putting the question of the veracity of those claims to the side, ConsumerLab, an independent group that tests and vets dietary supplements, says that iodine in this “charged” form cannot even exist in liquid form, which is how Alex Jones and company distribute it. What’s more, the amount of nascent iodine wellness websites suggest you take—in order to supposedly maintain a healthy thyroid, usually—is way beyond normal levels for the normal iodine we usually get from foods. The US National Institutes of Health says that “adults should avoid prolonged use of doses higher than 1,100 micrograms per day.” Infowars and the “Global Healing Center” both recommend 1,950 micrograms a day.

https://qz.com/1010684/all-the-wellness-products-american-love-to-buy-are-sold-on-both-infowars-and-goop/

John, malaria kills.  It even kills missionaries.  

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-wheaton-native-dies-malaria-ghana-africa-20181105-story.html and https://www.alexcityoutlook.com/2016/06/22/alexander-city-missionary-dies-after-battle-with-malaria/

And it is particularly dangerous for children under 5.

11 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

The “nascent” stuff is supposed to have an “electromagnetic charge” that makes it easier to digest.

I wonder if this is what Queen of the Growling Hunger God, Gwen Shamblin, meant when she referred to non-magnetized food.  I can't keep up with all the woo, but maybe that's a good thing.  Although I'm sure Alex Jones is a totally reliable source for all your nutrition needs.  ?

Ah... This would explain why Esther thought an erupting volcano interrupted her labour X number of babies ago. Her body is one huge magnet!!!!!:whistle:

17 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John has written two terrible poems, says he is still suffering back pain and thanks people for prayer because God is working on his heart. 

God has decided that Johnnyboy has no need for a brain.

11 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

15 verses, and that wasn't the full poem? How long was it?!

Seven more verses! 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

So they no longer try to avoid mosquito bites because they think a product that does not truly exist in liquid form, and a theory completely debunked in the 1920s, protects them from malaria.  What with this and their high consumption of colloidal silver, it is surprising that they are all alive.

Where do Fundies get this idiotic belief in bogus dietary supplements anyway? 

In my skimming of his poem I didn't notice that. That is terrifying. John and Esther are putting their children in danger because John will believe any fake science that is thrown at him. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived