IGNORED

John Shrader 16: Flying Away in That No-Engine Plane

Jellybean

John thanks his remaining supporting churches. He posted a cute picture of Isaiah who is adorable. 

A BIG "THANK YOU" from Isaiah to our supporting churches for praying for us, and showing love to our family as we serve the Lord in your place here in Zambia and beyond!

He also wrote a post about his upcoming conference.

Attention Zambian Independent Baptist Pastors, Church Leaders, and Serious Church Members!!!

So only serious church members should come to this. Shouldn't he want everyone to come to hear God's word?

We are just over four months away from our FIRST Annual "Thy Word Is Truth" conference at Truth Biblical Baptist church here in Kafue!

I see this turning into a hot mess much like the chicken business, the Bible College, and the Magical Well. 

Some Zambian Independent Baptist Churches are rapidly losing the Biblical Doctrine, Distinction, and Direction that MUST set us apart from false churches, and even compromising pseudo baptists. This conference is seriously needed and vitally important!

Yes John is one of the few remaining "real" IFB. :pb_rollseyes:

If you want to learn and be challenged about the key issues regarding Bible translations and the History of the Bible, what is a Biblical "Baptist," what distinguishes us from the other "baptist" groups here in Zambia, what are the Biblical Doctrinal Distinctives that set us apart, what does God's Word promise about the PRESERVATION of His very Words, and the PRESERVATION of the churches that came from the church that Jesus built, then I highly recommend you make the effort to come.

This will not be a typical conference. It will be packed with intensive doctrinal and historical teaching. You will be challenged to examine WHAT you believe, and WHY. Everything taught will be backed up with Scripture. We are not seeking to make followers or acolytes of ourselves, but to develop committed followers dedicated to the Pure Preserved Words of God Himself. The sessions will include Question and Answers segments, but please don't come just to argue!

Do not try to debate John. He is right and you are wrong, just accept that. 

What You Should Bring:

Bring yourself and your blanket, we had to hold it in May due to Bro. Alexander's schedule, but we will discuss the optimal timing for future conferences with those in attendance.

Is John providing beds or are people sleeping on the ground with just blankets? Is May a bad season to hold this sort of a thing?

We will also be showing a moving and powerful movie from an incident from Baptist History. It will challenge you.

I wonder what movie it is. I bet I've seen it. I've watched most of the shitty IFB movies. 

The first session of the conference starts at 17:00/5:00 pm Monday night, 6th May, 2019, then all day Tuesday through Thursday, May 9. The conference will officially end Thursday evening, but anyone wanting to stay longer, even through the weekend, are welcome. We are ending Thur. pm to facilitate travel back Friday for those needing to be home for Sat/Sun programs.

This sounds miserable. 

If you are coming from far, we will offer transportation to Kafue from the Bus Station in Lusaka for those reaching Lusaka no later than 14:00/2:00 pm, otherwise you will need to get a minibus, which currently is K25.

We will provide transportation using our two vehicles BACK to the bus station in Lusaka early Fri. morning for the first 25 people to register who need it!

I wonder if he will actually get 25 people to register. 

We are not encouraging wives to come this year due to lack of facilities. Tents will be provided for camping. Also firewood for evening and morning fires, and we will set up temporary shower facilities and heated water for bathing, and all meals of course.

Answered an earlier question, he is providing tents. Esther will be working overtime doing most of the work. Wives could come and hang out with Esther. I get the impression John doesn't think Bible Conferences are for women. 

We pray you can come, and will do everything we can to make you as comfortable as possible! (Except in the teaching and preaching. You just might be a little uncomfortable at times, which is a good thing. Truth fears no light, no test, and no challenge!)

:pb_rollseyes:

Again, just a few have contacted me.

So no one is showing any interest in his conference. 

Missionary John "Kapolo" Shrader
Interim pastor, Truth Biblical Baptist church, Kafue

So now he is the interim pastor. I don't remember seeing that before. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gustava said:

How does one experience "godly sorrow"?

By sitting through days of John Shrader talking   AT you. Simples. 

John is planning his exit from Zambia me thinks. Using interim before his name is the first clue that Daddy Shrader is fed up of bank rolling John? The sheeple have revolted? Something is going on behind the scenes. The Conference thingie in May is John's goodbye 'treat' to Zambia?

22 hours ago, gustava said:

How does one experience "godly sorrow"?

2 Corinthians 7:10

"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death."

John has a prayer request for Bro. John, who, of course, means him. His back hurts. I wonder if this is another hint he is going to find a way to back out of this obviously failing mission. 

Prayer Request for Bro. John...

Many of you know I have had back issues on and off, from multiple injuries to my lower back over the last 30 years. I remember as far back as my young teens, laying on the living room floor in pain and my dad working on my back...times in college and seminary where I could barely crawl across the room due to the pain, and through the last almost twenty years of full time ministry in pastorates and now on the mission field.

I had an MRI maybe around 13-14 years ago, a gift from a childhood friend, and it revealed that, at that time, I had several bulged disks in my lower back.

When I've had back issues, it's usually been just several days, maybe a week at most, and the spasms, inflammation and pain decrease and the back heals and life continues.

This time, it's been about a month, completely unprecedented for me. I have, because of unavoidable responsibilities, stressed the situation during the past weeks, but have sought to treat, rest, and do everything possible to give my back a chance to heal. I am sincerely asking those who pray for us for serious prayer regarding this back injury and recovery, and for the Lord to give me wisdom going forward.

I am using appropriate medication, other treatments, using a cane and a back brace, using my Hang-Ups inversion table, McKenzie emergency exercises, visited the ONE chiropractor here in Zambia, am doing stretches, etc.

I have been meditating much on Paul's physical problem, and take comfort in God's revelation to Paul, as well as Paul's response back to God.

"...there was given to me a thorn in the flesh...For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me."

And he said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." II Cor. 12:9-10

Thanks for your faithful prayers dear friends. The work here is so great, the laborers so few. The Lord knows.

Having chronic back problems and two surgeries myself I do sympathise with John BUT I also agree with Formergothardite, John is preparing to return to the US. He is carefully laying his plans so he cannot be accused of giving up. 

I had an MRI maybe around 13-14 years ago, a gift from a childhood friend,

Of course it was. Because medical insurance (or, heaven forfend, actually paying for things) is for us peasants, not Independent Baptist Chosen By God princes like John.

Actually, I'm surprised he gave the friend credit for it, given that he probably thought it was his due.

Attendance is still low for John's church. He blames the rain, I bet it has more to do with him having spent the last couple years annoying all the locals. 

Rainy and Reduced but Really Rewarding Day!

We had the lowest attendance in many months today due to the on and off heavy rain, but it was the sweetest time! I

If you want to be challenged and blessed, listen to these precious Zambian children and adults, for whom English is a second language (and some Shrader kids in there too), quote all five verses from our "True Treasure Scripture Memory Program" at our first church plant, Truth Biblical Baptist church in Kafue, Zambia.

If John would bother to learn their language they wouldn't have to memorize things in his language, but after all this time John still only speaks English. 

We quoted for one solid hour in total,

This sounds miserable. No wonder attendance is down. 

Also, though in much pain, and on a cane, I taught/preached our Theme for 2019, "More of Christ, Less of Me" based on John 3:30 in the rest of the Bible Study hour.

I also preached on "Perfect Peace," The Promise, The Prerequisites, and The Passion from Isaiah 26:3,4,8,9 (I'll put the main outline in the comments if anyone wants to use it as a sermon/lesson starter)

God truly gave me grace to minister today, thanks for your prayers.

Yes, John doesn't want people to forget that eh is suffering. So they did an hour of Bible quoting and then two sermons from John? This sounds like hell. 

Here is the outline for his sermon should anyone be interested. 

Text: Isaiah 26:3,4,8,9

I. The Promise
A. The Person - "Thou"
* Rom. 15:33; 16:20; II Cor. 13:11; Phil. 4:9; I Thess. 5:23

B. The Preserving - "keep"
* Ps. 12:7; 32:7

II. The Prerequisites
A. Thoughts - "mind"
* Phil. 4:7

B. Tethered - "stayed"
* 24 of 48x, rest, lean, lay
(Our thoughts must rest upon God, not ourselves or our problems) - Mal. 3:16

C. Trust - "trusteth in Thee"
* Ps. 9:10; 20:7; 40:4
* "forever" - v. 4

* How can you trust someone you don't know? Very difficult

III. The Passion - vv. 8,9
A. Desire of Soul - vv. 8, 9a
* Ps. 10:17;

B. Diligent Seeking - v. 9b
* "early" - Prov. 8:17

ETA: From the pictures and videos he posted it doesn't appear even slightly rainy. 

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

after all this time John still only speaks English. 

Sort of.

Also, though in much pain, and on a cane

Sorry, John -- tempting, but too late. I just wrote a parody of The Rain in Spain, for Bro Gary and Steve Maxwell -- just don't have another in me right now.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:09 AM, formergothardite said:

Missionary John "Kapolo" Shrader
Interim pastor, Truth Biblical Baptist church, Kafue

I wonder if this has to do, yet again, with John's visa status in Zambia.  He is supposed to have a supervising pastor and church affiliation and he doesn't, except for the fake one. 

If John gets the boot from Zambia, I suspect he'll turn himself inside out to find another missionary position; he knows he can't make it in the US.  

However, I have to say I'm amazed that he's made it this long in Zambia.  I didn't think he'd last 6 months. 

On 12/31/2018 at 10:38 AM, formergothardite said:

Attendance is still low for John's church. He blames the rain, I bet it has more to do with him having spent the last couple years annoying all the locals. 

If they're having to bus people in the roads might not be passable in/after heavy rain.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:38 AM, formergothardite said:

If John would bother to learn their language they wouldn't have to memorize things in his language, but after all this time John still only speaks English. 

Also using a translation into modern English would help. Even for his own kids they're essentially memorizing quotes in a different dialect than the one they speak. I do not get the hang up on the KJV - is it so people don't fully understand the text?

The side roads off the main Lusaka-Kafue Road  will be muddy and bumpy during the rains. Passable but uncomfortable, I can't see John boy taking his precioussssssss grifted vehicles down these roads. They will get muddy!!!! 

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I do not get the hang up on the KJV - is it so people don't fully understand the text?

If one doesn't understand the text oneself, then one must rely upon an infallible interpreter such as St. John of Zambia, Subsaharan Africa. ?

No potential for problems there, right?

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I do not get the hang up on the KJV - is it so people don't fully understand the text?

I looked this up in a JRod thread awhile ago - apparently there are a number of different (competing) source texts, and the KJV-only movement started because it was the only one at the time that used a version that the originators of the movement thought contained the exact words of God.

It would make sense to me to just do a new translation of that text into modern English.  I know it's a big job and all, but there are enough KJV-only people around that at least some of them could get the linguistic and translation training they'd need.  We're certainly getting to the point now where modern English is different enough from the English of the KJV to hinder comprehension, and the whole point of having the Bible translated into vernacular languages was to let people read and understand it for themselves, without having to go through a priest.

Of course, if such a translation were produced (and maybe it already exists; I didn't look that deeply), an awful lot of KJV-only fundies would find some other fault with it, because change is scary and bad.

There's several modern language translations. Not sure what's wrong with them, but apparently they're are all heretical to the KJV movement. 

1 hour ago, FullOfGravy said:

I looked this up in a JRod thread awhile ago - apparently there are a number of different (competing) source texts, and the KJV-only movement started because it was the only one at the time that used a version that the originators of the movement thought contained the exact words of God.

It would make sense to me to just do a new translation of that text into modern English.  I know it's a big job and all, but there are enough KJV-only people around that at least some of them could get the linguistic and translation training they'd need.  We're certainly getting to the point now where modern English is different enough from the English of the KJV to hinder comprehension, and the whole point of having the Bible translated into vernacular languages was to let people read and understand it for themselves, without having to go through a priest.

Of course, if such a translation were produced (and maybe it already exists; I didn't look that deeply), an awful lot of KJV-only fundies would find some other fault with it, because change is scary and bad.

KJV is one of the worst translations out there.  By the way wasn’t King James flying the LGBTQ flag?  

For a mighty homophobic group you would think these fundies would stay far away from this translation.

Or, maybe God is getting the last laugh on this one.  

9 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

By the way wasn’t King James flying the LGBTQ flag?  

They claim that is a terrible smear by evil liberals. 

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

There's several modern language translations. Not sure what's wrong with them, but apparently they're are all heretical to the KJV movement. 

Apparently, anything that pertains to the century in which we live is evil to IFB super fundies:  music, clothing, hairstyles, makeup (with the exception of the wonderful Jillrod, of course), English verbage and syntax, the way people do church, etc.  Money, naturally, is not bound by anachronistic constraints, so freely send your generous donations to John Shrader's work to help  bring modern day evangelistic tools and living within a cultural context to a complete stop.  (By the way, any language that isn't English isn't as Godly as the KJV English that Jesus and His disciples spoke to people on an everyday basis.  Aramaic?  Pshaw...)

33 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Apparently, anything that pertains to the century in which we live is evil to IFB super fundies:  music, clothing, hairstyles, makeup (with the exception of the wonderful Jillrod, of course),

But Jill's hair and makeup don't belong to the present century; they're solidly late-20th.  Maybe that's why she won't update her style?

1 minute ago, FullOfGravy said:

But Jill's hair and makeup don't belong to the present century; they're solidly late-20th.  Maybe that's why she won't update her style?

Hmmm.  You're correct!  Maybe the 1980's is the cut-off for righteous-ish clothing and hair designs.  Of course, if you dress like you're in the 1950s, even better!

Would you pray along with our little Isaiah?

H.E.L.P.S. - STILL Our FIVE greatest prayer needs/requests in 2019!

H - hearts and doors opened  Heap money upon us.
E - every Word Pure (translation team for pure vernacular Bibles)  Every dime you have.
L - language learning  Listen, we're always broke.
P - preachers (20-200 men to train)  Please, like I said, we're broke.
S - souls saved, lives transformed  Shit, don't make me come back home.

Thanks for your fervent, faithful prayers.

js

FIXED THAT FOR YOU, JOHN!!

2 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Hmmm.  You're correct!  Maybe the 1980's is the cut-off for righteous-ish clothing and hair designs.  Of course, if you dress like you're in the 1950s, even better!

Sadly, this has more than a grain of truth. I think it's partly because a wave of fundies came to adulthood around the 70s and 80s, cut themselves off from the world, and...froze in time. My personal theory.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:45 AM, Flossie said:

And King James wrote the Bible himself in a castle in Scotland (I think) according the Jim Bob Duggar.

And now more than ever I want someone to claim to be quoting verses from one of the more obscure books of the Bible and to throw in some Shakespeare. I honestly doubt half if not more of the congregation would notice. I would sit through a Macbeth based sermon (providing it was 30 minutes or less, heh).

On 12/29/2018 at 5:54 PM, thoughtful said:

Of course it was. Because medical insurance (or, heaven forfend, actually paying for things) is for us peasants, not Independent Baptist Chosen By God princes like John.

Actually, I'm surprised he gave the friend credit for it, given that he probably thought it was his due.

See, I don't understand how fundies/conservatives RAIL against universal healthcare like it's a proclamation that everyone has to shit on their dead grandma, but they're totes OK with childhood friends paying for their routine medical care or setting up a Funds Go To Me to beg their friends and family to pay for large procedures or emergency care. UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE IS BASICALLY THAT SHIT EXCEPT IT'S A LOT BIGGER AND FUNDS GO TO EVERYONE. WHY DO YOU NOT SEE THIS. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived