IGNORED

Mr and Mrs Jill Duggar 58: The D’Wreckoning

samurai_sarah

I prefer Mr. Jill. I think it sets the right tone of subservience, while leaving in the Mr. as respect. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get all the kissing pictures either. We've been together over 20 years and I don't think there's a single picture of us kissing. I figure people know we're together, they know we kiss, no need to put it all over social media. What's net for these idiots, pictures of them having sex just to show they can have the "sacred married seks"? 

On 5/17/2018 at 3:17 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

My sibling started out by asking us to use they/them, but asked us to switch to he/him, around the time he started hormone injections. (My sib hates needles. That alone would tell someone how important this is to him.) I had a hard time with plural pronouns for one person (I'm working to get over that mental block), but I found he/him easier. Binary thinking, I guess.

I can understand this, but I think it is less about binary thinking and more about they/them being plural. In grammar, he/she and him/her are singular. If you've grown up speaking English, I can see how they/them is a harder switch. 

5 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@DaysAgo,  thanks for sharing the video from Sojourners!  Isn't  the Most Reverend Michael Curry the presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church?  If he is, he's going to be doing a prayer of maybe a sermon at the Royal Wedding in the morning.  

One of the queens on this season of RuPaul's Drag Race -either Dusty Ray Bottoms or Blair St Clair-  said, in one of the  first episodes,  that he's been forced to undergo conversion therapy when he was younger.  He cried out to God to be changed and wasn't  and then figured out that his being gay was the way God made him.

I went to a youth LGBT convention when I was in high school, and one of the speakers was a drag queen who, before he became an LGBT activist and drag queen, was an "ex-gay" preacher. Then he realized how absolutely fucking miserable he was and the misery he was causing others, embraced who he truly was, and now dedicates his life to advocating for LGBT people. Pretty damn awesome if you ask me. 

If my HB called me "wifey" he would be sleeping in the guest room.  Don't do "the little woman" either.  But he wouldn't because he has manners, respect and class.  Mr. jill doesn't.

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I prefer Mr. Jill. I think it sets the right tone of subservience, while leaving in the Mr. as respect. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I like it, though I'm not sure the respect is warranted.  How about Cathy's Boy Duggar?

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Rufus told me this morning that the word Dillard is an abomination and I should henceforth refer to Derick only as Derick Duggar, Mr. Jill Duggar, or Mr. Jill.  

Derick may prefer to be known as Derick Dillard or Pistol Pete, but I can’t go against my religion, or against logic, which tells me that Derick’s quest for attention and profit via association with his wife’s family obviously makes him a Duggar rather than a Dillard.

Derick, I hope you see the light and realize how deluded and sinful you’ve been! I’ll be praying for you. Rufus bless. 

Might I also suggest he be referred to the way Daily Mail describes non-celebrities in their headlines? “29-year-old bigoted, unemployed husband of Jill Duggar” has a nice ring to it

8 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

If my HB called me "wifey" he would be sleeping in the guest room.  Don't do "the little woman" either.  But he wouldn't because he has manners, respect and class.  Mr. jill doesn't.

I remember the phrase "a godly little wife" was used in the Maxtrager wedding, and I reflexively started singing No sir! Not me! I guarantee it! I want much more than this provincial liiiiiiiiiife.....

11 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

What about ofJill? 

20 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

What about ofJill? 

Winner. Can future threads please be titled Jill & OfJill? 

I'm close to a month behind on everything here (so basically I'll never be caught up) 

But in this world full of uncertainty it's a relief to see that Dwreck and his asshattery still remain. Seems like nothing changed while I was gone. 

22 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

I'm close to a month behind on everything here (so basically I'll never be caught up) 

But in this world full of uncertainty it's a relief to see that Dwreck and his asshattery still remain. Seems like nothing changed while I was gone. 

Welcome back! Derick is still indulging in asshattery. I don’t want to deprive you of the chance to read back, but you didn’t miss much - jump back in where we are now and catch up later if you feel like it.

I can’t think of much that has happened, but I’m sure everyone else can fill in the gaps. Derick has criticised Jazz Jennings fairly consistently, as well as another couple with a show on TLC - they’re gay and have two children, whom Derick claims to be trying to protect. 

Most recently, Derick has shared photos of Israel and a wall of blocks (‘helping Trump build that wall’), and of himself facesucking Jill for her birthday. I don’t think he posted much, if anything for Mothers’ Day.

What else has happened? They went to Colorado with Cross Church (Jill tagged along with Derick’s group) but that might have been more than a month ago. Apologies if you remember that...

Jill posted on their website about her birthday. Highlights:

- Derick made a “romantic” dinner the night before complete with candles and sparkling cider. 

8BC78B28-94DC-4386-A6BB-16AEA3F7A033.thumb.png.b8debf14dd9d1299aaf41830362f60fe.png

Not nearly as bad as some of the past photos of “romantic” dinners. Table is clean, room is well lit, photo isn’t grainy, and no Derick.

Spoiler

A1E726F9-7FA5-4D2C-B9C0-C68150FD9042.thumb.png.fca572f79a33e5bd09ac586ca49e654e.png

Proof he can lower himself to do the entirely womanly task of cooking. :pb_rollseyes:

- They went to Silver Dollar City. Deena, Dan, and Cathy were there as well as two of Jill’s older children, James and Jennie.

Spoiler

42E2F3CB-3B3E-4E5D-978D-60981B410116.thumb.png.c5d281fbfc0df0220865d1c5dd69dd5c.png

Spoiler

8453635C-C4F7-4924-B76A-FEBB7456C931.thumb.png.8656842538230c3af343ea47dbc83c20.png

- Finished off with what they claim is pizza, but is actually just a sad impersonation (sorry. I married a New Yorker. We have high standards for our pizza. :pb_lol:)

Spoiler

9F466959-2ABD-44D8-B3B2-FFF08C71B845.thumb.png.9c2ae71843aa7c34fa8d9d59c0a6f7fa.png

There are more photos and videos, but I don’t care enough to look at or link those. 

Finished off with what they claim is pizza, but is actually just a sad impersonation (sorry. I married a New Yorker. We have high standards for our pizza. )

I'm not a New Yorker and even I know that isn't pizza. :pb_lol:

42 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Proof he can lower himself to do the entirely womanly task of cooking. :pb_rollseyes:

- They went to Silver Dollar City. Deena, Dan, and Cathy were there as well as two of Jill’s older children, James and Jennie.

Why is there so much smoke??? I’m not entirely convinced Jill didn’t have to intervene and cook her own birthday dinner in hopes that she’d get something edible. Maybe Ofjill has realized 0 people want those grainy photos of him at the table. 

I am glad that Jill got her late Mother’s Day by having those two lost kids with her. Other than the questionable pizza choice, it seems like a pleasant birthday for her. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Hide contents

A1E726F9-7FA5-4D2C-B9C0-C68150FD9042.thumb.png.fca572f79a33e5bd09ac586ca49e654e.png

Hide contents

42E2F3CB-3B3E-4E5D-978D-60981B410116.thumb.png.c5d281fbfc0df0220865d1c5dd69dd5c.png

Hide contents

Hide contents

Høh. That is a lot of smoke for cookin'. He does not look very comfortable *snickers*

Local pizzerias are Instaworthy... Little Caesars is not. :pb_lol: 

I had to lol a bit at the sparkling cider because it reminded me of the dinner that Jeremy made for OfBaaaaaaabe a while back. Sparkling cider, candles, etc. She's trying hard. 

Uncomfortable kissing pictures make me feel awkward, like I walked in on someone's first kiss. Just stop. It's creepy! 

Weren't there pictures of him cooking the steak for her on Valentine's day (the infamous junk-pressed-into-the-table series)?  

Ofwreck and his ofjunk can't be unseen.  Blech!

Oh holy crap, on top of all the pictures they also posted 12(!) YouTube videos from just that one day. 

Ofjill's new plan is evidently instead of getting a job just exploit his children and try to be YouTube stars.

That's one hell of a zig zaggy line you're drawing there OfJill.

Ofjill makes me so happy.  I’m getting my nails done and snickering as I read. My ladies wanted to know what was so funny and I just told them it was an inside joke. 

Reading everything--and I'm one of the ones who originally thought this was going to turn out differently-- it's just so clear, and I hesitate to say it because it sounds so snotty--they are just dumber than rocks.
I'm curious, though, if anyone knows who funded Dwreck's "ministry" in Nepal. Was it Cathy? Money from his father? Some church we never heard about?

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived