IGNORED

Mr and Mrs Jill Duggar 58: The D’Wreckoning

samurai_sarah

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Wreck’s birthday post to JillyMuffin:

Question: Why was he incapable of posting something short and sweet like this for Mother’s Day? It probably took all of 30 seconds to write and required the use of the final two brain cells he has left.

Yes, yes, yes to just about all the commentary on surgery and how it does and doesn't work for trans people.

Something that bothers me is how much the fact that, in Duggarworld, gender boils down to genitals- yet so much of their gender roles simply have nothing to do with genitals. Women mind the house, men provide and lead. The end. You'd think if being trans boils down to genitals (as Derrick's reply to his commenters seems to imply), then so does gender... it's still essentialist and I still disagree with it, but why not do away with the "women are like blah blah blah and men are like blah blah" shit and just leave it "women have vaginas and men have penises," without any of the other "gender role" expectations?

Obviously, because none of this is even really about gender and sexual orientation minorities (although it impacts them the most). It's about stupid white judeo-Christian men (and I mean stupid- the intelligent ones find more insidious ways to go about this a la Jeremy) maintaining their unjust levels of power and it's honestly sickening to me.

In a fucked up way, I almost understand their anti-gay rehetoric (bad/cruel biblical interpretation), but their anti-trans rhetoric is just so fucking stupid and baseless. Societal homophobia and misogyny is threaded into all of this too but you don't need to be a quiverfull fundie to be a part of that problem.

All of this just shines a clear light on how much this is just a stupid, abusive cult with little to no serious attempt at philosophical legitimacy. Derrick's no different from the Tomi Lahrens and Milo Yiannopouloses of the world: professional bullies.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Question: Why was he incapable of posting something short and sweet like this for Mother’s Day? It probably took all of 30 seconds to write and required the use of the final two brain cells he has left.

I don’t mean to pour cold water on Derick’s passably nice message for Jill’s birthday, but I can’t get past the image. It looks to me as though the image on Derick’s t-shirt is a sleazy sexist pig, giving a ‘wahey’ thumbs up to their kiss, which sets a rather different tone from the one Mr Jill Duggar may have intended. Or maybe not. Maybe the sexist pig is exactly what he wanted to convey with that photo.

I can't with their kissing selfies.  And I think Google helped him the text.

Yeah, they are gross.

And I was wondering for a minute is it BEC to think/state they are gross? Because seriously, seeing that pic just made me wince, make a face, roll my eyes and, sigh "ewww" all at once. And I don't like to watch any of them make out all the time the way they do but I don't think the others 'gross" me out in the same way (save JB&M of course). But here's is why I don't think it is BEC (not that anybody said it was but here are my thoughts):

The others are better at making themselves look better, are more social media savvy etc. So when they do this it doesn't always look horrid. Benessa's kiss pic was actually really nice. Besides whether Ben and Jessa are more attractive people or not...light and shadows, composition, filters...these things exist, use them.  Just because your lips are locked doesn't mean it's a good opportunity for a photo worth sharing. Also, kiss pics... they are cute for couples to do sometimes, once in a blue moon if that's their thing. Not all the time! That is gross.

And, more importantly and also applying to the whole lot of them: they are trying to lord their married (sexual) privilege over everyone else who isn't married! The younger ones obviously but also singles like JD and Jana. And that's fucked up enough, the constant insinuation around your family that you are doing it! "Don't you want to fuck for Jesus too? Well, ya can't yet. Excuse me while I pose with our parents and my spouse and married sibs for a photo of our group make-out session."

But even beyond all that, it is really really gross because they shove it in the face of the LBGQT community and try to say "this is ours and you can't have it, you are an obscene mistake and we are godly and deserve this. But we love you. " All of them are guilty of this. I think it's a big underlying reason for the weird culture of pda. Derdick just reminds us of it with big neon flashing lights. "Here's a really shitty pic of me tongue wrestling with my wife alongside a bunch of statements about gays being travesties".

So yeah, they are vomit inducing level gross.   

Gross, entitled, immature couple. Especially Derick. 

12 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Probably from the same source that tells him that late term abortions are being performed 24/7 all over the country. It seems rich of Derick to accuse parents of transgender kids of “pushing” them into a life alternating situation when he and Jill are no doubt pressuring Izzy to “get saved ASAP.

Derick: Oh, forcing kids to make decisions about their gender identity so young is so damaging to their mental health and psyche!

Also Derick: My two-year-old is manipulative and I know he only says "I love you" because he wants something from me. His heart is full of sin and he needs to be cleansed of it. 

13 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Derick: Oh, forcing kids to make decisions about their gender identity so young is so damaging to their mental health and psyche!

Also Derick: My two-year-old is manipulative and I know he only says "I love you" because he wants something from me. His heart is full of sin and he needs to be cleansed of it. 

Since Derick is such a mental health “expert” he would know:

A. how damaging it is to force someone to continue to embrace a gender they don’t identify with 

B. whatever sick conversion therapy he thinks will cure all the LGBT kids is probably the worst thing for them 

C. that children Izzy’s age need a lot of positive affirmation and to have their love reciprocated! Failing to do so for whatever asinine made-up reason IS manipulative. But of course this is the same individual who thinks “I love you” is more inappropriate than BUILDING TRUMP A WALL

They have posted so many kissing photos that you would think one of them would look like they either know what they or doing or that they actually enjoy kissing each other. I don’t know anyone who posts kissing photos unless maybe a wedding photo. Then again, I don’t know anyone for who kissing is a status symbol in their community. 

1 minute ago, socalrules said:

They have posted so many missing photos that you would think one of them would look like they either know what they or doing or that they actually enjoy kissing each other. I don’t know anyone who posts kissing photos unless maybe a wedding photo. Then again, I don’t know anyone for who kissing is a status symbol in their community. 

It's a total caveman move. Me have woman. Me get to have sex with woman. Me not icky gay. Me have woman.

10 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

Something that bothers me is how much the fact that, in Duggarworld, gender boils down to genitals- yet so much of their gender roles simply have nothing to do with genitals.

Oh, but all leadership qualities actually sits in the penis. It sits right next to the I-can-fix-cars-and-operate-heavy-machinery-gene. Didn’t your mum teach you that at your SOTDRT:pb_rollseyes:

Just now, Iamtheway said:

Oh, but all leadership qualities actually sits in the penis. It sits right next to the I-can-fix-cars-and-operate-heavy-machinery-gene. Didn’t your mum teach you that at your SOTDRT:pb_rollseyes:

That's rich! I got the I-can-fix-cars gene. Never tried out the operate-heavy-machinery-gene...yet I seem to be missing a penis. 

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Me not icky gay.

Oh really?

geye.png.a970fc13b2cb00428d446324283a008b.png

BUSTED!!! Nice try, Derick. I see what's going on here. You're a wolf in sheep's clothing. Preaching the word of Fox News the LORD on Twitter, but all the while trying to infiltrate decent Christian America with your GEYE agenda! For shame!

I literally shudder to imagine what Derrick/Jill's sex talks with the kids are going to be like. Probably just a huge list of do-nots.

I try to bring up gender identity things as organically in conversation as possible. We have an acquaintance that just had F to M surgery and so it's come up a few times. Kids are so open to everything. My 7 year old asked if he should say anything if he saw a "man in a dress" walking around, and I told him no, of course not. Then he said, "No, I meant like 'I support you! I think you're great!' He'd like to hear that, I bet." I melted a little, but argued that most people out doing their shopping or whatnot just want to be treated like everyone else and not singled out, and he would never go wrong by treating someone with the same respect he'd show any adult, or the friendliness he'd show any kid.

It's just not that hard, Dillards.

@DaysAgo,  thanks for sharing the video from Sojourners!  Isn't  the Most Reverend Michael Curry the presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church?  If he is, he's going to be doing a prayer of maybe a sermon at the Royal Wedding in the morning.  

One of the queens on this season of RuPaul's Drag Race -either Dusty Ray Bottoms or Blair St Clair-  said, in one of the  first episodes,  that he's been forced to undergo conversion therapy when he was younger.  He cried out to God to be changed and wasn't  and then figured out that his being gay was the way God made him.

I hate kissing pics unless they’re posed like Benessa’s or an engagement or wedding photo. I hate “we have a camera so let’s kiss for attention” it’s awkward.

I hate pretty much all kissing pics.   I try to look away quickly so my eyes don’t get burned out.   Lol

Fundies are notorious for their kissing pictures.   

Of course, they can only show this after they are married.   Wedding pictures showing kissing, OK I get it, but showing kissing pictures for years afterward just seems over the top to me.   Why do they have to display this?  Who really cares?  Do we have to have proof or something?

This is the kissing picture that totally gets me, I mean, seriously?

image.png.b3174659a3bb1963e2e3a9369298a3cb.png

Notice how they are all showing their wedding rings.

20 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Shirt is from the "Hog Eye Marathon," apparently.  Not exactly the most flattering picture or outfit but we've already discussed the Dillard social media mediocrity ad nauseam.  For comparison's sake, can you imagine the Seewalds or Vuolos ever posting a picture of them out in public, sloppy sucking face while dressed in a T-shirt they got for free?  

If it were anyone else, I'd cut them some slack, but Derick's a combination of rude, hypocritical, misogynistic, lazy and slobbish and it all combines together to create a truly revolting human being.  

Since Derick thinks it's perfectly fine to ignore the preferred pronouns/names of others, I wonder if he'd be OK with the Twitterverse calling him Mr. Duggar, thereby ignoring his preference of being called by the last name Dillard?  I mean I know he's legally a Dillard, but the religion I started in my kitchen this morning requires men to take their wives' last names.  And the law of my religion overrides man's law, the preference of the impacated person, and common courtesy.  That's what I've learned from Mr. Jill Duggar, anyway.

Rufus told me this morning that the word Dillard is an abomination and I should henceforth refer to Derick only as Derick Duggar, Mr. Jill Duggar, or Mr. Jill.  

Derick may prefer to be known as Derick Dillard or Pistol Pete, but I can’t go against my religion, or against logic, which tells me that Derick’s quest for attention and profit via association with his wife’s family obviously makes him a Duggar rather than a Dillard.

Derick, I hope you see the light and realize how deluded and sinful you’ve been! I’ll be praying for you. Rufus bless. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived