IGNORED

Mr and Mrs Jill Duggar 58: The D’Wreckoning

samurai_sarah

21 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

A disorder/disease can be an explaination for poor behavior- not an excuse. 

Even if you're on the spectrum, those of us who are mild enough to function pretty well in the outside world have learned to moderate the shit that rolls through our heads and usually do a pretty good job of not putting our feet in our mouths. I mean, most folks that meet me will eventually figure out I'm a little weird. I'm cool with that. HOWEVER...my weirdness is not an excuse for the stupid shit I occasionally do or say. 

***I'm pretty sure that all y'all have figured out that I'm not exactly hitting on all 8 cylinders at times. 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Georgiana said:
  • Barely functional man-child?  Check.
  • Relies on Mother to bail him out of everything? Check.
  • Contentious relationship to a father figure who is not his actual father?  Check.
  • Completely unemployable?  Check.
  • Wants to get in a fight really bad but no one will fight him because they don't take him seriously? Check.

Derick Dillard is Buster Bluth confirmed.  

I'm conflicted because I am a huge Buster fan and Derrick is so very ick!

My daughter went to a very, very good law school here in NC. She's super bright, very ordered in her thinking and well prepared. But studying for and passing the bar last summer was the most stressful thing she's done in her life.  I mean seriously horrible.

Derrick can't possibly deal. 

52 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Has Jeremy's tweet from 2 days ago about twitter arguments been discussed? If not, go look it up. It's a gem.

For those who are curious... here's the tweet. 

I don't think it's been discussed. 

2 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I'm conflicted because I am a huge Buster fan and Derrick is so very ick!

When I first read this I thought you were talking about Buster Bunny from Arthur 

7 hours ago, nst said:

I recently started seeing a hormone doctor.   

I had no idea there was such a thing as a hormone doctor! I have been convinced most of my adult life that my hormones are WAY out of whack and no one will listen to me! 

1 minute ago, mollysmom said:

I had no idea there was such a thing as a hormone doctor! I have been convinced most of my adult life that my hormones are WAY out of whack and no one will listen to me! 

So frustrated for that you that doctors are not listening to what you’ve been trying to tell them. 

The general specialty is called endocrinology and there are lots of sub—specialties, such as reproductive endocrinology.

I hope that is useful to know, and hope you are able to find someone who will really listen to you and try to find the cause of your symptoms so you can treat whatever it is. 

3 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

So frustrated for that you that doctors are not listening to what you’ve been trying to tell them. 

The general specialty is called endocrinology and there are lots of sub—specialties, such as reproductive endocrinology.

I hope that is useful to know, and hope you are able to find someone who will really listen to you and try to find the cause of your symptoms so you can treat whatever it is. 

Yeah it's really frustrating!! Thank you for the info!! At least now I know where to start!! Thanks!!!!!

Buster Bluth, unlike most of his family, is actually a pretty decent person underneath all the weirdness. I'd take Buster over Derick any day!

I'm not remotely defending Derick's flirtation with law school, or suggesting he has the work ethic and humility to finish his JD and be successful in the over-saturated legal profession. Nor do I think law school is generally a smart idea for someone with two young children and a dependent wife, especially if it would require loans.

That said...

There are plenty of law schools that fall in between Yale Law and Unaccredited Online U. in terms of competitiveness, and there are plenty of career paths beyond corporate law. 

A quick google search on the University of Arkansas Law school reveals the following:

• In-state tuition of <$16k/year
  • Average undergrad GPA of 3.47
  • Average LSAT score is 154-155 (which is not spectacular)

Derick might be a hateful grifter, but he did graduate from a solid state university and I wouldn't be surprised if he could do above average on the LSAT. Most law schools don't really care about your extracurriculars or what you did after undergrad. If you have the right GPA and LSAT, you're in - especially at a mid-ranked program like University of Arkansas. So based on the school's stats, if he had a 3.5 GPA and an average LSAT score, he could probably get in pretty easily, especially with a lot of law schools suffering from under-enrollment. 

And only a small percentage of lawyers ever go into corporate law. Most end up at smaller firms, or do things like in-house counsel, working for the government, hanging up a shingle, etc. 

1 minute ago, lomo6 said:

And only a small lawyers ever go into corporate law. Most end up at smaller firms, or do things like in-house counsel, working for the government, hanging up a shingle, etc. 

In house counsel is fairly small as well, and most of them came from firms doing corporate or employment law.  But yes, most lawyers are in small firms or hanging up a shingle, which can actually be more work, although not the paid kind

On 5/24/2018 at 1:55 AM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Aren't all adult women supposed to wear head coverings in mosques? I noticed Jill isn't wearing one.

I did some volunteer work at an mosque as part of a community placement during my masters training. My entire cohort were women, and none of us were Muslim. The imam asked us to dress conservative/modest, specifically long pants/skirts, 3/4 sleeve shirts, and high/crew neck shirts. He also specifically said we did not have to cover our heads since we were not Muslim. This included times we were at the mosque during Friday prayer services.

I don't know, the LSAT has a lot of logic questions and we know Ofjill lacks that. Are we sure he can pass? He doesn't strike me as a good student prior.

4 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

We can signify speculation with tasteful tags like such:

:tw_star: THIS IS SPECULATION :tw_star:

Maybe the reason why Derick posts homophobic things on twitter is because he's a homophobe.

:tw_star:THAT WAS SPECULATION:tw_star:

We need a reaction that is Cathy Dillard’s face so we can remind each other that “a lot of assumptions are being made here” when the speculation train starts running.

4 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

For those who are curious... here's the tweet. 

I don't think it's been discussed. 

I'm just shocked Jeremy retweeted a liberal. 

Oh my. I just clicked on the "burritos" recipe.

THREE CANS OF CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP??? In a "BURRITO" recipe??!?!?!??! 

:confused2:

The tater-tot does not fall far from the tree...

4 hours ago, mollysmom said:

She specializes in them...search for one in your area.. very important.  Someone will listen...just do research and find one...they are expensive but worth it. 

7 hours ago, Destiny said:

I mean, there's a zillion emoji already. How are we going to agree on which one means speculation? I think we basically need to depend on people to make it clear in their posts when they are speculating, and more importantly, we as readers need to use logic and reading comprehension to decide if a post is fact or speculation. FJ is full of smart people. I think the vast majority of us are smart enough to know the difference. Radar Online? They don't count. 

... I still need a sarcasm font. 

Obviously it should be a bus (an idle speculation bus). ;) 

5 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Endocrinologist

Derick retweeted a Fox News tweet today.

Here's what Fox had to say.

@POTUS: “Let me say on behalf of the entire nation, we could not be more proud of the United States Naval Academy Class of 2018.”

So... Twitter is shut down. The first day it's private he posts a Bible verse. The second day he retweets the above post from Fox News.

What are you doing Derick? 

11 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Ugh, I feel horrible.  Naturally, he generally represents indigent folks who cannot afford representation from a better attorney with an actual proven track record or a degree from a real school.  He is bilingual in Spanish, and so the combination of the two pushed him into immigration.  I understand how he got there, but the stakes (especially in the current political climate) are way too high in that field for someone like him.  People are literally risking everything on his representation.  

His father, however, is actually an incredibly competent and well-known immigration attorney.  I know that my acquaintance works at his father's firm, and I think dad has quietly shifted him into more clerk, research, and busy work.  Probably for the best.  I do think he is a smart person with a good heart, but I also think there is a very good REASON that he couldn't get into an accredited law school.  

Unfortunately the same type of thing happens in medicine. People who graduate towards the bottom of their class end up doing their residency in low-income/impoverished areas. Like my brother’s ex, for example. She probably only got into med school because my brother helped her study for the MCAT and my entire family helped edit her application essay. I remember wondering how someone who went to the same high school as I did with the same teachers had such piss poor writing skills. In med school there is also a series of exams you must pass in order to move on. The first two my brother literally had to nag her to study for. She managed to pass the third and final step (exam) after their break-up. I think all of them were in the barely passing range. She also had to repeat her second year because she failed. 

She’s now doing her residency at the aforementioned clinic, and I’m sure being bilingual gave her a huge boost. She’s also at a clinic that usually struggles to fill their residency spots. It’s not competitive at all, it’s not rigorous like a university associated hospital would be. I feel so bad for her patients. She’s not a doctor who would be able to retain all the information necessary to provide someone with proper care and diagnoses. 

Though, my mom says the people who are at the absolute bottom of all med schools can’t get a residency and those are the ones that end up at insurance companies and deny claims.

9 hours ago, albireo said:

I went to this guy's Twitter. He spends most of his time being rude, argumentative, and bigoted (and blaming it on his ASD), with a side of defending Derick's outbursts. If Mandie's boyfriend is anything like his brother, I think any hope we had for Mandie having a better life is gone.

Can someone tell him having ASD =/= asshole?? I’ve met so many people on the spectrum who are incredibly caring and support the rights of marginalized groups.

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Can someone tell him having ASD =/= asshole?? I’ve met so many people on the spectrum who are incredibly caring and support the rights of marginalized groups.

I'd be an asshole even without my ASD...but I blame that fully on my ethnic makeup. I mean, the confluence of the Cuban and German genes = instant asshole with no fear of confrontation. 

I can see Derick become an eternal "student" to escape his adult responibilities.

He clearly misses his Pistol Pete days and resents the life he has now.

I know enough people like that, one of them is my roommate unfortunately. 34 years old, 8 different "colleges", now online classes (unaccredited). Mommy still buys his clothes for him. Eternal man-child.

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked this topic

Archived