IGNORED

Lori Alexander 46: She Sure Is Highly Edumacated

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

We all have underwear! Who cares! 

This made me laugh because I was in our dogyard at 5:15 this morning, wearing my slippers, t-shirt and underwear. 

One of the dogs had caught a careless squirrel and the others were cheering her on - loudly! I thought maybe one was loose, which happens from time too time. Nope, just the execution of a squirrel. 

My neighbor was standing at his fence, peering through the slats. I flipped him the bird and went back to bed. 

@usmcmom I’m sorry for your loss. 

Lori isn’t going to break from posting- she’s desperate to maintain attention and I think the fear of losing that attention if she were to take a break is greater than the pull to spend time with her family and care for her mom. And I think they have had a conflicted relationship. 

Its the same reason she won’t go to another platform to share her “message”. She needs the attention. 

17 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Just read Alyssa's post and I love her honesty as much as it also breaks my heart. The struggle is so real for couples and women who want to have babies. I hope she's able to have one or a path the adoption is opened to them. Thoughts and prayers to her and her husband. 

What did Alyssa say? I don't know her last time, so I can't look her up.

really.PNG.332ed4ed0ec6a02d8cfacd768a7e23e0.PNG

The "young generation", is it?  Because I'll tell you someone who has posted AT LENGTH about consuming alcohol- Lori.

For those of you who are just joining us, the following quotes are from Lori :obscene-drinkingbuddies:Alexander:

Spoiler

I do enjoy obeying the verse about having a little wine for your frequent ailments...:)!

Paul does say to drink a little wine for your many ailments and I have had lots of ailments!

the Holy Spirit or Scripture has never convicted me about drinking wine!

I believe Christians who say drinking is a sin are making up their own rules.

My family knows how to have a good time!  Alisa makes the best margaritas...Fresh lime juice, stevia, and whatever alcohol goes into a margarita.  They are so good! 

Their Sangria is AMAZING!!! 

When we go out for dinner or have a nice dinner at home, we love to have a glass of wine. It makes the food taste so good and it is fun! 

So yeah, tell us more about this "young generation" who drinks all the drinks Lori.  Did you run into them at the bar?

1676317086_really1.PNG.a9b6aa2b8afe1b0d37fb6b38a376a0b3.PNG

I think my grandparents would be in the generation she is referring to.  They didn't have a lot of money, so they entertained themselves by playing cards and Dominoes w/ friends and family.  My grandfather (who most certainly wasn't an alcoholic) would have a Pearl beer while they played.  

I grew up watching them play.  They didn't go to church on Sundays, but they wouldn't hear of missing cards and dominoes on a Saturday night.

As for television, my grandfather (at the end of his life) was a big fan of wrestling and Cops.  They both liked a good judge show, and they weren't above watching talk shows, either (heaven help them). 

Like Lori (ahem), my grandmother loved her soaps.  Watched them religiously.  She also liked trashy romance novels.  Had a stack of them taller than I am.

1277204862_lieslieslies.PNG.2bc2e46314383b24244761a0abecda2f.PNG

Please, Lori.  That may have been the story for publication, but we all know about girls who "got in trouble", and "went to visit aunt so and so", only to reappear 9 months later.  People like YOU shamed them out of having a choice, but they did exist.  

Ever hear of the Jane Collective?  They didn't run a busy underground abortion service (almost 50 years ago) because everyone was so chaste. 

Get a grip.  There was life outside Door County, and it clearly wasn't what you were led to believe it was. 

Holy shit, today's post is a giant pile of rambling nonsense.  Something about a movie.  Lori's thoughts are supposed to be sprinkled in there somewhere, but I'm damned if I can tell where.

Can anyone here figure out what she was trying to convey?

Lori needs to take a day off when she's having days like this, because I am pretty sure a majority of her audience will have no clue what she's trying to get across.

@usmcmom, I am sorry for your loss.

I spent a long week at my father's bedside, touch and go, in ICU.  He has multiple myeloma, like Lori's mother, and had contracted pneumonia.  He had a tracheotomy yesterday, temporary measure until his lungs heal.  We all thought that his end had come, but were grateful that he rallied back.  He was sent to a rehabilitation hospital yesterday, so good sign (for now).  I came back home on Sunday to go back to work on Monday. I finally don't feel like I'm going to hit the floor.

I did read FJ, mainly to get my mind off his situation.  I'd like to think that's what Lori was doing, by staying on the internet.  However I believe that she is addicted to the attention that her blog, FB accounts, IG, and Twitter bring.  I can't imagine what she would do if she had no access to internet.

I want to know what she has done for her mother, besides bitch and moan and call her mother old and sick.    

I too need to take a long break from Lori.  

Oh my y'all. I'm  watching Dr. Phil, and he has a woman on who invented some nasty concoction that she claims can cure cancer, AIDS, and can even help one regrow limbs. 

Medical professionals are trying to warn against it. All it does is give high blood pressure and massive diarrhea. Dr. Phil is even telling her she's an idiot, and the audience is laughing.

Waiting for a post from Lori on this. I'm sure she will be all over it. Be on the lookout for a post on "Jillyjuice".

Lori's Instagram post is funny. Dangerous habits have existed since the beginning and they are recorded in the Bible. Some of these people even became instrumental in salvation history. 

Drinking

"And Noah became a husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: and he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent." - Genesis 9 : 20 - 21

Gambling

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots." - Luke 23 : 34

Dancing / Watching

"But when Herod's birthday was kept, the daughter of Herodias danced before them, and pleased Herod." - Matthew 14 : 6

Fornicating

"When Judah saw her, he thought her to be a harlot; for she covered her face. And he turned to her by the way, and said: Go to, I pray thee: let me come in unto thee: (for he knew not that she was his daughter-in-law:)" - Genesis 38 : 16

47 minutes ago, freealljs said:

I spent a long week at my father's bedside, touch and go, in ICU.  He has multiple myeloma, like Lori's mother, and had contracted pneumonia.  He had a tracheotomy yesterday, temporary measure until his lungs heal.  We all thought that his end had come, but were grateful that he rallied back.  He was sent to a rehabilitation hospital yesterday, so good sign (for now).  I came back home on Sunday to go back to work on Monday. I finally don't feel like I'm going to hit the floor.

I did read FJ, mainly to get my mind off his situation.  I'd like to think that's what Lori was doing, by staying on the internet.  However I believe that she is addicted to the attention that her blog, FB accounts, IG, and Twitter bring.  I can't imagine what she would do if she had no access to internet.

I want to know what she has done for her mother, besides bitch and moan and call her mother old and sick.    

I’m so sorry your father is so ill. It’s horrible to see someone you love in that condition. I hope that he is comfortable and receives excellent care at the rehab unit, and that you can get some rest and take care of yourself. 

@usmcmom - sending so much love to you. Thank you for letting us know about your loss. Again, so horrible. My dad died when I was in my 20s, after a stint in ICU, waiting for a transplant that never came. That blur of unreal awfulness on top of the exhaustion of trying to care for too many people can be overwhelming. 

I’m glad if FJ is a comfort or a good distraction (I certainly find it so) but really? Lori and her ilk are not worth it if you find it stressful at the moment. You matter and your loved ones matter. Lori can go jump. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

That may have been the story for publication, but we all know about girls who "got in trouble", and "went to visit aunt so and so", only to reappear 9 months later.  People like YOU shamed them out of having a choice, but they did exist.  

I recommend "The Girls Who Went Away: The Hidden History of Women Who Surrendered Children for Adoption in the Decades Before Roe v. Wade"    I was adopted as a baby and one of the hundreds of thousands of children whose mothers were forced to give their children away and then live a lie their entire lives by pretending it never happened. 

My story is all good...I had wonderful parents and later found my biological siblings. But so many women of that "older generation" as Lori likes to call it were forced into a scripted scenario so as not to upset societal norms at the time.  

Shut up, Lori. 

Lori- just for fun, go look up the Whiskey Rebellion .  *spoiler* It kind of highlights how ludicrous your assertion that most of our ancestors didn't drink "any alcohol" is.  Same with prohibition. 

Go on...you're "always learning".  Pretty sure it's history time. 

26 minutes ago, Koala said:

Go on...you're "always learning".  Pretty sure it's history time. 

so in the last few days someone mentioned how much Lori's posts have changed over the years. How in the beginning she seemed almost normal and sweet at times.   For fun, I went back and looked at some posts from the first year and found this one.  This one is actually something I can agree with. What happened since then?  Back then, we were all 'complete' now if you don't home school,  if you wear leggings, don't eat organic, if you don't have a million kids, don't obey in every sense, refuse sex, aren't frugal enough, wear nail polish, and a whole host of other things, you don't measure up.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/12/complete-in-him.html

7 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

so in the last few days someone mentioned how much Lori's posts have changed over the years. How in the beginning she seemed almost normal and sweet at times.   For fun, I went back the looked at some posts from the first year and found this one.  This one is actually something I can agree with. What happened since then?  Back then, we were all 'complete' now if you don't homeschool,  if you wear leggings, don't eat organic, if you don't have a million kids, don't obey in every sense, refuse sex, aren't frugal enough, wear nail polish, and a whole host of other things, you don't measure up.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/12/complete-in-him.html

One of the comments on that is 'This post is overfilling with joy! Thank you! :)'  There's no joy in Lori anymore, and I can't help wondering why.  What changed in Lori's life to turn her into such a harsh, unloving bitch?  And could anything happen to change her back?   

Maybe she needs to get that brain tumor checked on again?

I'm not really kidding. She does seem to have had a drastic personality change for the worst, and that's the sort of thing that should be mentioned to her doctor. Hey Ken, if you're reading, maybe go with her to the doctor next time? I've seen people (though mostly older than her) turn nastier and nastier as they got older and dementia or alzheimers began to develop, so whenever someone's personality begins changing I wonder about them.

That said, maybe she really just is the sort of miserable bitch who needs to bring everyone else down to make herself look more holy. But the way she seems to contradict herself and make comments that any normal person should know would be dangerous, or hurtful (to her own daughters!), or unbiblical with no seeming sense of what she has said or done before? I wonder. 

Lori. Something may be wrong. Black salve won't help. See a doctor!

I'm sorry for your loss, @usmcmom. We lost my mother-in-law last year, and my father-in-law isn't in the best health. It's hard.

What a weird post today. She gives us the lines from a scene in the War Room movie and adds only these three parenthetical statements:

(Once we believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior, we become the righteousness of God – 2 Corinthians 5:21).

(Although once we are true believers in Jesus Christ, we are forgiven for every single sin we have and will commit.)

(I don’t believe in rebuking the devil as Elizabeth did in the movie.)

Rather than post all this stuff from other people, Lori would be better off resharing some of her older posts where she was actually nice or announcing a blog hiatus while she cares for her mom (which is something everyone would be able to understand). Well, actually, she would be better off posting a huge apology for her arrogance, hypocrisy, and spiritual abuse, but I don't see that happening.

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Maybe she needs to get that brain tumor checked on again?

I'm not really kidding. She does seem to have had a drastic personality change for the worst, and that's the sort of thing that should be mentioned to her doctor. Hey Ken, if you're reading, maybe go with her to the doctor next time? I've seen people (though mostly older than her) turn nastier and nastier as they got older and dementia or alzheimers began to develop, so whenever someone's personality begins changing I wonder about them.

That said, maybe she really just is the sort of miserable bitch who needs to bring everyone else down to make herself look more holy. But the way she seems to contradict herself and make comments that any normal person should know would be dangerous, or hurtful (to her own daughters!), or unbiblical with no seeming sense of what she has said or done before? I wonder. 

Lori. Something may be wrong. Black salve won't help. See a doctor!

It's possible, but I don't think so, still it would be wise to check, just to be on the safe side.

I think she is just showing her true colours now, similar to Derick Dillard.

And a lot of people get nastier with age. At some point they've driven away all their friends, their kids are no longer living with them.

(Seems like even her church community doesn't really want to have anything to do with her and haven't they changed curches multiple times?) She's getting lonier as time moves on, so she's lashing out.

27 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

It's possible, but I don't think so, still it would be wise to check, just to be on the safe side.

I think she is just showing her true colours now, similar to Derick Dillard.

And a lot of people get nastier with age. At some point they've driven away all their friends, their kids are no longer living with them.

(Seems like even her church community doesn't really want to have anything to do with her and haven't they changed curches multiple times?) She's getting lonier as time moves on, so she's lashing out.

I can vouch for the truth of this. I have an extended family member who has done just this. Sad, because he didn't used to be that way, at least not on the surface. but the older he gets, the meaner he gets and the less of a filter he has. No one wants to have anything to do with him anymore, the ones who have to, mostly do just what's necessary and no more. They try to do more, but he pushes them away.

4 hours ago, freealljs said:

I'm so sorry you are going through such a scary time with your dad. I am glad he has made some improvement and I hope you can get some rest. 

Thank you, everybody,  so much for your kind words. It is amazing to see you all lifting me up like this. 

I did read a lot of FJ, as a distraction, while we were in waiting rooms or beside a hospital bed.  You guys made me smile a lot.  This place is amazing and I'd bet on FJ for compassion and empathy over any of these "Christians" we discuss.    

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Holy shit, today's post is a giant pile of rambling nonsense.  Something about a movie.  Lori's thoughts are supposed to be sprinkled in there somewhere, but I'm damned if I can tell where.

Can anyone here figure out what she was trying to convey?

Lori needs to take a day off when she's having days like this, because I am pretty sure a majority of her audience will have no clue what she's trying to get across.

https://thetransformedwife.com/should-we-rebuke-the-devil/

this is what she had posted before about the movie. This must be another example of her cherry picking. In this post she talks about the movie being wrong because “In the movie The War Room, Priscilla Shrier plays a wife who at one point “rebukes the devil” by screaming at him and telling him that he is to leave their home and stop destroying their family. This seems to be a common practice today among women especially. They falsely believe that it is their job to speak to the Devil and tell him to flee. Is this biblical?“ she goes on to say, “For one thing, demons don’t live in homes or inanimate objects. They live in fleshly things like people and animals. There’s not one instance where a demon lives in a home in the Bible.“ 

if you don’t agree with major themes in a movie than why post quotes from that movie? 

11 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

... There’s not one instance where a demon lives in a home in the Bible.“ 

Poor homeless demons. :-(

20 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

They falsely believe that it is their job to speak to the Devil and tell him to flee. Is this biblical?“ she goes on to say, “For one thing, demons don’t live in homes or inanimate objects. They live in fleshly things like people and animals. There’s not one instance where a demon lives in a home in the Bible.“

Alright, I take everything back. Lori is unhinged.

Really starting to question her mental capacity.

@freealljs sending you peace, love and strength and a gentle hug. If it's ok with you, your family will be in my prayers. It's so hard seeing your dad like that. I remember when my dad was so sick, it tore me up. 

22 hours ago, usmcmom said:

My father-in-law died 15 days ago, eight months after we buried my mother-in-law. 

I am so sorry for your loss! 

• Destiny locked and unlocked this topic
  • Destiny locked this topic

Archived