IGNORED

Lori Alexander 46: She Sure Is Highly Edumacated

Jezebel's chief sin was idolatry. And the Jezebel in Revelation is likely referring to the apostate church, not a particular person.

Of course, Debi Pearl's examination of Jezebel completely ignores idolatry because it doesn't fit the narrative of female subjugation in a patriarchal framework that she wants the Bible to advocate. 

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/17/2018 at 7:42 PM, Sarah92 said:

Wait those are kids in her neighborhood? I didn't read the post because well I wasn't feeling like taking any more of that in today. You don't just post underage children's pictures (or anyone's) on the internet without permission. You always ask permission. And this isn't just on her everyday personal Facebook page that friends and family will see. No thousands of people can see this post. YOU. DON'T. DO. THAT. It's dangerous and just plain rude. 

Yeah, she would be getting an immediate take down letter from a lawyer if those were my kids.  You DO NOT post pictures of minors without permission.

On 5/17/2018 at 5:18 PM, Koala said:

Other times Lori has posted pictures she had no business posting:

-Her son's classmates in their homecoming dresses.  The original picture showed their faces clearly (she went back and blurred them AFTER multiple people complained).  The subject of the post?  Modesty (or more specifically, how immodest her son's friends are).

- At least 2 houses that she found on vacation.  Apparently, she deemed them very shabby, and immediately posted them to her Instagram so that she could laugh at them with her nasty little fan girls.  She even admitted that she looked in the windows of one of the houses.

-The time she realized she was in church w/ one of the Gaithers.  Her response?

They were in their place of worship, and Lori was "sneakily" taking pictures of them.

There are others, but you get the point.  Lori has no discretion at all.  

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it.....Lori and Ken need a dose of reality. It is unfortunate that her God doesn't tell her to give up her nice, shiny, wealthy life and follow Ken into doing dental work in some of the poorest neighborhoods of America. And that her God would also demand she lives exactly like the poor and homeless - it would do that entitled bitch a shit ton of good.

8 hours ago, Florita said:

Jezebel's chief sin was idolatry. And the Jezebel in Revelation is likely referring to the apostate church, not a particular person.

Of course, Debi Pearl's examination of Jezebel completely ignores idolatry because it doesn't fit the narrative of female subjugation in a patriarchal framework that she wants the Bible to advocate. 

As soon as I saw that Debi Pearl was the author of that article, I didn't even bother reading it. I don't like people who advocate child abuse.

Ken isn't an orthodontist, he's a niche consultant of some sort. I have to say it kills me a bit that he is able to become so wealthy and successful when he can barely string a sentence together. I hope he realises how lucky he is. If he was born twenty years earlier, or later, life would have been very different.  

@cara I thought the same thing. Maybe he inherited his wealth or won a raffle. Then I looked up his name. There are many other Ken Alexanders out there who seem to be more successful than Lori's husband. The name has good will. I hope he and Lori don't put more shame to the name.

Anyway, their home's value is more than a million US dollars. That's why I cringe whenever Lori talks about managing with less money or finances. How can she relate to homeless or poor people?

Spoiler

IMG_1372.thumb.PNG.76c94fe08f7740f164566856e49d71a4.PNG

This comment and response is just freaky. I don't know if the commenter is for real. 

Ua says:

May 18, 2018 at 2:58 pm

Ok so after I read this I got into a huge fight with my husband….

He wanted to watch Ali Wong a comedian. She’s very funny but there’s bad things mixed in with her funny which is why she has a tv show.

So we watched and all was good until she started pushing the Political Agenda of Maternity Leave. Of which I started grumbling that women should be stay at home wives and mothers and blah blah

And then my husband hit the fan and said Why can’t I just shut up and let him enjoy watching the tv show.

Husband: “Why do you have to always rant about every little thing?”

Me: “Why does Ali Wong get to lecture me and my husband…why is it all great when she gets first center stage in the living room…but I can’t say anything EVER?”

So…Lori….Fix this.

Diamond In The Rough says:

May 18, 2018 at 8:40 pm

Ua, I understand why you felt you had to comment. However if you had to do so, it should of waited till after the show and then it would of been a ‘she’ s a very funny woman, however I disagree with some of her views’. And leave it at that. Leave further explination if he asks. Otherwise, leave it be. I would suggest you approach your husband and make an apology, that you should of handled it better. And make a point of not doing it again. Lori may have a different opinion. But that’s what I would of done. 

Of course no one will say her husband is being a jerk. 

7 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

It is unfortunate that her God doesn't tell her to give up her nice, shiny, wealthy life and follow Ken into doing dental work in some of the poorest neighborhoods of America.

Ken doesn't do dental work, he is a "consultant", not a trained dentist or orthodontist as far as I know. But yeah, Lori is not thinking about the poor, she says God doesn't expect us to do anything because we can't solve the problem. Warm and caring, isn't she?

It really bakes my biscuit when Lori and her fangirls equate childcare with somebody else raising your children. Lori had somebody else raising her children, an in-home nanny when she was there! Child care when you are working a portion of time does not give responsibility to the providers for instilling values in your child, or in any other way "raising" them. They make sure the child is safe. The children are still with their parents the majority of time. It's such bullshit. A checked out, overworked SAHM is in no way superior to a parent that uses responsible child care. Such a bubble these judgemental witches live in. Like God will drop manna from heaven for us to eat. Fools, all of them.

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

How long before this is deleted? 

Reveal hidden contents

8D9CCDE8-22B3-4DA7-AC3D-7A8839892339.thumb.png.121694d94c90f3abd084ecba8642e951.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7E522F896-94E4-477E-9098-87963D2BAD26.thumb.png.c47d072ead70b462885768ca5ee6c419.pngA17C470F-C9AA-4AB1-94C5-6BECFADA7EE9.thumb.png.388c280751bcbddb6d8b7050dce1e0ec.png

Keri's reply that starts with the three faces is gone. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

This comment and response is just freaky. I don't know if the commenter is for real. 

Ua says:

May 18, 2018 at 2:58 pm

Diamond In The Rough says:

May 18, 2018 at 8:40 pm

Of course no one will say her husband is being a jerk. 

Just going to point out that if all women stayed home, the OP and her husband would not have had a tv show to watch.   I wish all these "women should just stay home" people had to live for a week without any working women in their lives.  I suspect they would modify their opinion pretty quickly when there are no cashiers anywhere, less nurses and drs, less tv shows, less technology, etc.

8 hours ago, cara said:

Ken isn't an orthodontist, he's a niche consultant of some sort. I have to say it kills me a bit that he is able to become so wealthy and successful when he can barely string a sentence together. I hope he realises how lucky he is. If he was born twenty years earlier, or later, life would have been very different.  

I have a hunch, no proof, that Lori's dad helped Ken get started in the consulting business.

I believe Ken was studying to be a minister when he and Lori were married, so it seems a bit of a stretch to go from that to orthodontic consulting without somebody paving the way.  The About Us section on Alexander and Sons is a bit sketchy on how Ken got started.

Good grief, can you imagine Lori as a minister's wife? 

Ken has a masters of divinity degree from BIOLA. When he was on FJ, he gave some details on his background. His family was poor as his father was a missionary. I sometimes think if Ken had married a woman from similar economic background, he might have turned out better. I suspect that since Lori was and still is a spoiled brat that caused conflicts with her and Ken. 

But, Ken has said some nasty things about poor people. I remember him leaving a comment on the Always Learning blog, where he bashed people in bad neighborhoods for buying their children bad junk food. Then there are the nasty comments Ken has made about working women and some working women have to work.  

30 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I can sort of see her being like Zsu Anderson. She would be nasty to people if they asked for help and I can't see Lori doing any kind of outreach work like many minister's wives do.

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

If Ken talks the way Ken writes (long-winded, incomprehensible, boring) he would have made an awful pastor. Lori would have been an even angrier shrew living on a pastor's salary and loathing every minute of being "poor". She would have brow-beat Ken into forcing every church member to tithe. I suspect his lack of oratory skills plus Lori's need to spend-spend-spend made him look for another, more lucrative career.

13 hours ago, cara said:

I think if Ken was a 20 something today, an orthodontic consulting business might not  be viable due to the Internet having tons of resources on marketing and managing orthodontic offices. I have looked up similar orthodontic consulting businesses and some of their websites look better than Ken's. On a google search of orthodontic consultants, on the first page Ken's listing is last. I'm guessing some of the consulting businesses are more well known or have more clients than Alexander and Sons.

I actually don't think Ken is that successful as a consultant nowadays. Here's why:

1. Younger orthodontists (the ones most likely needing help) can get all sorts of advice for free online.

2. I found a marketing site a few months back that showed "Alexander and Sons" getting rebranded. Why would they pay to rebrand if they were doing so well?

3. Ryan is getting his law degree. If he was making six figures in orthodontic consulting, would he really start all over in the law, when his wife is expecting his fourth child? Also, if he were really, really busy traveling around "consulting", would he even have time for law school?

I do think Ken makes money from the orthodontist office he has a share in. I remember he once mentioned it was one of the largest in the country. IF that's true -- and I say IF -- then he probably gets a hefty share of the monthly profits. Nice passive income.

47 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I actually don't think Ken is that successful as a consultant nowadays. Here's why:

1. Younger orthodontists (the ones most likely needing help) can get all sorts of advice for free online.

2. I found a marketing site a few months back that showed "Alexander and Sons" getting rebranded. Why would they pay to rebrand if they were doing so well?

3. Ryan is getting his law degree. If he was making six figures in orthodontic consulting, would he really start all over in the law, when his wife is expecting his fourth child? Also, if he were really, really busy traveling around "consulting", would he even have time for law school?

I do think Ken makes money from the orthodontist office he has a share in. I remember he once mentioned it was one of the largest in the country. IF that's true -- and I say IF -- then he probably gets a hefty share of the monthly profits. Nice passive income.

That's assuming also that his "share" is sizable and not just like a 5% partnership because someone was trying to raise funds to expand.

I shudder to think of the Alexander's having leadership in a church. I mean many churches already have problems with protecting their congregations from abuse but add them into the mix? Just no. Ken's divinity degree is laughable at best with the way he uses it. 

7 hours ago, kpmom said:

I have a hunch, no proof, that Lori's dad helped Ken get started in the consulting business.

I believe Ken was studying to be a minister when he and Lori were married, so it seems a bit of a stretch to go from that to orthodontic consulting without somebody paving the way.  The About Us section on Alexander and Sons is a bit sketchy on how Ken got started.

I'm sure she would love it is Ken was a minister at a church!  She would have all those poor, ignorant, misguided women to teach!

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

I'm sure she would love it is Ken was a minister at a church!  She would have all those poor, ignorant, misguided women to teach!

She would get Ken ousted.

So I did a very rudimentary search for the largest dental practices in the US. I can’t find an affiliation with Ken. 

I did come across a practice titled Drs. Alexander in Texas. It is owned by a Moody Alexander, whose father Wick, was also an orthodontist/dentist. His brothers are too. I found Moody Alexander on FB. He is friends with Stephen. He’s not friends with any of the others, but makes me wonder if Ken had some help from some extended family on his father's side. 

Moody Alexander and his family identify as Christians and have a missions component. I realize it’s a stretch but I also think it could be more than coincidental. 

FWIW, Moody and his family emanate love and service to others. I realize FB is a highlight reel, but there seems to be genuineness with that family. 

Ken had to have had connections or help. You don’t go from a degree in divinity to orthodontic consultant with no apparent degree or education. 

I think he is probably facing a decline in requests for services- most medical and dental offices (small and large) I know of now have practice managers with relevant college degrees- they manage all aspects. No need to pay a firm in CA to advise on set up and management. 

I know our kids’ dentist would send Ken packing about 90 seconds into one of his rambling sentences. She’s incredibly kind and caring but she’s also incredibly efficient and has strong business acumen. Her office is impeccably managed. 

Dental practices are private affairs, and if Ken owned 10 or 15 percent of one, we'd really have no way of knowing. 

On 18.5.2018 at 11:52 PM, Florita said:

That Jezebel Profile article tormented me for weeks. Then I finally decided not to buy Debi's "CTBHHM" book. Thankfully.  

I'm listening to a book called "He Loves Me!" about how God wants a relationship of love with us, not of fear. Fear was the beginning of wisdom, but it's not the end of it. Love is.  God wants our trust and our love. That trust and love will lead us to obedience to his law, which he will write in our hearts. Such a life-giving understanding of the Bible!  

Fear is a powerful tool to manipulate people and keep them in line, but it doesn't lead to a life-giving relationship with our creator.  Nope. I wish Lori and Ken would be open to exploring a different approach.

Lori has another one of those posts ... stay with your man no matter what.

5b014ab2efaee_angryabusivemen.jpg.8e0260134733e75a2ac907d0bf32d145.jpg

How long before Betsy's advice is gone?  Lori, angry men does not cover it.  They are angry and some of them take that to a level of abuse.  Abuse is wrong and dangerous.  One day, Lori is going to get herself into a mess when one of these women is killed or maimed.  Deleting hotlines for suicidal women and advising women to stay with abusive men is so wrong.  What is  wrong with her?  Is she just stupid or is she evil?  

And then, this:

5b014b78b4648_Loricompareschildrentohusbands.jpg.5e1f707fa8b2f773a18a10e34b808aae.jpg5b014b7f8168d_Loricomparingchildrentohusbands2.jpg.d17319b0b8f7b5e07d8e4a8e3d054ac3.jpg

Lori, if it is some sort of contest, then the marriage is all wrong.   Infants and young children need a lot of time (more than a husband needs).  Children with special needs?  That is a no brainer.   It is not a contest, Lori.  You love your husband in one way and your children in another ... it is not a question of whom you love more or putting anyone first.  Of course, children will require more time, especially when they are young.   

Argh, I will never understand that woman. 

I'm not even a parent, and I believe there are certain times when the world should revolve around a child.

I am so tired of the "husband or children first" debate. Of course you need to make sure you don't neglect your marriage, but it is not a contest. It's about who has an immediate need. There's nothing wrong with putting children to bed early or feeding them early in order to have some time alone with your husband. However, there may be a time when you and your husband are about to "get busy" and your child starts puking in the bathroom. 

There may be a time when your husband needs you. My husband had knee surgery years ago, and  I put on a movie for the kids while I had to help him. 

Have these people never heard of balance?

• Destiny locked and unlocked this topic
  • Destiny locked this topic

Archived