IGNORED

Lori Alexander 46: She Sure Is Highly Edumacated

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

This is what she said. I think I captured her user name as well so if you want to follow her you can! 

I feel like I missed a lot of what was happening on FJ and with Lori since I was hanging out on the twitterverse following the Paige Patterson stuff. Don't think I'm going back to a southern Baptist church for a while. Yeesh. Gotta go catch up after I'm back from a date. Maybe I'll even have wine like the evil young feminist that I am. 

Thanks. My heart breaks for her (and then to have to deal with her mom, ugh).

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I can't get Lori's Transformed Housewife facebook page to load. I don't know why or when I would have been banned. Weird. 

This: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-demon-possessed-teacher.html is insane. I actually laughed out loud, it's so ridiculous. It sounds more like a fever dream of Lori's that she just decided was real. Was the demon-possessed teacher the kid from The Ring?  

In regards to card games - my grandparents play cards constantly. Not anything new, Lori. 

I read that and was amazed.  Amazed that she actually believes that.  I would almost be willing to bet money (not something I normally do) that she made it up 100%.  The teacher she was paired with could well have asked to have Lori transferred to another teacher because Lori was insufferable, etc., and Lori can never be wrong so she lied about the reasons.  Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

I’m curious about how Lori will react if Alyssa and John turn to adoption. Part of me suspects Lori won’t embrace an adopted child the way she allegedly does her other grandchildren. I hate her passive aggressive digs at her own daughter. 

I feel for Alyssa. Fertility treatments wreak havoc- physically and emotionally. We were successful but I will never forget the sounds of women sobbing in the other treatment rooms- either because the treatment wasn’t successful or because the embryo didn’t stick. It looks like Alyssa has a pretty good support system so that’s good. 

I can see her rejecting an adopted grandchild.  I hope that Alyssa does have a good support system, because she may well need it with Lori for a mother.

3 hours ago, Briefly said:

I can see her rejecting an adopted grandchild.  I hope that Alyssa does have a good support system, because she may well need it with Lori for a mother.

Sadly, I have to agree with this and it's crossed my mind in the past when Alyssa's fertility issues have come up and I think Lori even mentioned they were looking into adoption. If Alyssa and Jon adopt, maybe they will have a limited contact relationship with Lori. I'm friends with a couple in a similar situation. The husband's father was verbally abusive and had addiction issues. His mother divorced the father and they from Oregon to New Mexico. My friend still has issues with his father, but he tries not to be too bitter. He and his wife have the limited contact approach meaning that they and their kids only visit the father once a year and they don't talk all that much on the phone  or through online methods. 

With Alyssa and Jon, I have to wonder if they are hoping that Loriken moves out of California that way if they have children through some method they won't have to deal with Lori's crap.

Her post today is another copy and paste job (seriously, Lori- it's okay to take a break).  Her Instagram does have a new notebook doodle (for those who can't get through a single day without Lori's special brand of wisdom).  The theme?  Tricking yourself into being kind to your husband. 

Lori- You shouldn't have to trick yourself into being kind to your spouse.  That should be your default.  Why would you marry someone who you wanted to change (as you said you wanted to change Ken)?  You encourage other women to marry even if they haven't developed feelings for their potential spouse.  

In 2014, you Lori wrote:

My personal opinion is that it is better to decide with your mind who to marry than with your feelings. If they meet your major qualifications for a spouse and you are attracted to them, you most likely will develop feelings for them, even if it happens after marriage.

You should never marry someone hoping that you will develop feelings for them later!

In 2015, she wrote:

Almost 35 years ago, I remember being at my bridal shower and having feelings of sadness because I wasn't all excited and emotional about marrying Ken. I didn't have butterflies; I wasn't giddy; I didn't "feel" madly in love with him like I knew I was supposed to. I was even considering whether or not I should marry him based upon these feelings. 

That.  That was the moment she should have walked away.  It would have been a kindness to both her and Ken, and saved the pair of them the years of misery they've inflicted upon one another.

She continues:

Why, you may ask, did I marry him? I was marrying him because I decided he was what I was looking for in a husband. He loved Jesus; he worked hard; he was intelligent, athletic and good looking. These were all the characteristics I wanted in a husband.

If your husband loves Jesus and is hard-working, you've married a good man! So what if you don't have the warm fuzzy feelings for him? Those have NOTHING whatsoever to do with love.

I know lots of men who work hard, are intelligent, athletic, and good looking.  I don't want to be married to any of them.  Why?  Because there's only one man that I can't picture a single moment of my life without- my husband.  We're high school sweethearts getting real old, real fast together, and I feel like the luckiest woman on earth.  He is AMAZING.  No one could take his place.  

The way Lori talks, Ken could have easily have been replaced with someone else who filled her checklist, and she'd have married them. 

The big take away?  She wanted someone who "worked hard"= provided= gave her lots of money.  She wanted a paycheck.  She married a paycheck.  Hell, half of the things on her list don't usually last anyway.  "Good looking"?  Yeah, looks fade.  It's love that still sees beauty, long after gray hair and wrinkles have taken over.  "Athletic"?  That might fade as well...I would even go as far as to say that (eventually) it's likely to.  Either way, those qualities certainly aren't enough to base a marriage on!  And if you do?  Well, you just might find that you have to trick yourself into being kind to your husband...and no one wants a marriage like that.

My advice?  Marry the one that makes your eyes sparkle.  Marry the one that you can't picture tomorrow without.  Marry your best friend.  Those marriages are truly beautiful.

54 minutes ago, Koala said:

Her post today is another copy and paste job (seriously, Lori- it's okay to take a break).  Her Instagram does have a new notebook doodle (for those who can't get through a single day without Lori's special brand of wisdom).  The theme?  Tricking yourself into being kind to your husband. 

Lori- You shouldn't have to trick yourself into being kind to your spouse.  That should be your default.  Why would you marry someone who you wanted to change (as you said you wanted to change Ken)?  You encourage other women to marry even if they haven't developed feelings for their potential spouse.  

In 2014, you Lori wrote:

You should never marry someone hoping that you will develop feelings for them later!

In 2015, she wrote:

That.  That was the moment she should have walked away.  It would have been a kindness to both her and Ken, and saved the pair of them the years of misery they've inflicted upon one another.

She continues:

I know lots of men who work hard, are intelligent, athletic, and good looking.  I don't want to be married to any of them.  Why?  Because there's only one man that I can't picture a single moment of my life without- my husband.  We're high school sweethearts getting real old, real fast together, and I feel like the luckiest woman on earth.  He is AMAZING.  No one could take his place.  

The way Lori talks, Ken could have easily have been replaced with someone else who filled her checklist, and she'd have married them. 

The big take away?  She wanted someone who "worked hard"= provided= gave her lots of money.  She wanted a paycheck.  She married a paycheck.  Hell, half of the things on her list don't usually last anyway.  "Good looking"?  Yeah, looks fade.  It's love that still sees beauty, long after gray hair and wrinkles have taken over.  "Athletic"?  That might fade as well...I would even go as far as to say that (eventually) it's likely to.  Either way, those qualities certainly aren't enough to base a marriage on!  And if you do?  Well, you just might find that you have to trick yourself into being kind to your husband...and no one wants a marriage like that.

My advice?  Marry the one that makes your eyes sparkle.  Marry the one that you can't picture tomorrow without.  Marry your best friend.  Those marriages are truly beautiful.

Lori is not an athlete. She is a fat-shamer, though. I think when she says she wanted someone "athletic," she meant "thin."

14 hours ago, Briefly said:

If the kid is white and pretty, and looks good in Lori's family pictures I think she'll  fully accept the child.  If the child is unattractive, has obvious special needs, or even of another race, he or she will only be superficially accepted. 

7 minutes ago, Hisey said:

]If the kid is white, pretty, and looks good in Lori's family pictures I think she'll quickly forget it is an "adopted child" and take credit for the child's attractiveness.  If the child is unattractive, has obvious special needs, or even of another race, he or she will only be superficially accepted. 

I doubt she'll forget it's an "adopted child." I think she's more likely to be the sort to blog incessantly about how "grateful" or "ungrateful" such a child is, and about how Godly Lori herself is for being willing to accept such an unfortunate child (as she shares way too much about the child's beginnings) into her life. Every time she gives a gift or makes a salad for the kid it'll be some great act of charity.

Koala. Thanks for the reminder of Lazy Lori’s own words about marrying Ken because he checked the boxes on her list of spousal qualities, not because she had any feelings for him at all. To be fair, I don’t think Lori would ever have feelings of love for any person, spouse or child or parent, which is especially notable because she was raised in a normal, loving two parent household. I would usually associate her lack of feelings with someone who spent their formative years in an orphanage in Russia or Romania (a friend has a daughter who is struggling with this as an adult though she was adopted by age 3 from Russia). 

I just can’t imagine marrying someone who I didn’t love and who I wasn’t attracted to. It’s a foreign concept to me. Even now, at 58 years old and 35 years of marriage, I get that familiar stirring in my loins when I see my husband step out of the shower. For all his faults, I feel most sorry for Ken. Lori not only denied him that, she rode his ass by being the wife from hell for 25 years. What a waste. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Pretty much. I'd say 'follow your heart, but take your head with you.'  That way you don't end up with a horrible person just because s/he gave you butterflies in your stomach.  I count myself extremely fortunate that my heart and head agree that my husband is the perfect partner for me!   :)  

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

Pretty much. I'd say 'follow your heart, but take your head with you.'  That way you don't end up with a horrible person just because s/he gave you butterflies in your stomach.  I count myself extremely fortunate that my heart and head agree that my husband is the perfect partner for me!   :)  

Agree 100%.

Someone replied the following to her Instagram post:

These are excellent thoughts! And they apply as easily to our neighbour

Can you imagine Lori blog if she "tricked" herself into being kind to others??  It could literally change the tone of her blog.

As our english teacher (public=evil) used say "Move you ass, your mind will follow!"

Maybe Lori should try that one out, instead of "resting" on her couch all day, perhaps she'll start making sense?

I married the man who "checked my boxes"...he was cute (still is) and is completely ass over teakettle crazy about me. THAT was what made him attractive to me. Even with all the shit we've been through, the rough times, the times when I wasn't sure our marriage would survive, I wouldn't trade him for anything or anyone. There's something comforting about knowing your spouse pretty much worships the ground you walk on, even after gaining 60lbs, getting older, losing a job, etc. He can look at my fat, saggy, baggy self and still want to jump my bones. I see that scar that runs from his breastbone to his pubic bone and instead of being turned off or grossed out, I see the thing that saved his life and kept him here with me. I'm thankful for that scar. 

Lori wouldn't understand, I think she's incapable of loving anyone or anything including herself. 

Love my husband as I am "commanded" to? Is this really in the bible? Love cannot be commanded. You can't demand love from another person. You can create the illusion of love which is what Ken and Lori are doing. For those of us who know what it's like to feel real love and companionship in our relationships, Lori's concept is an empty facsimile of probably the greatest feeling in the world.

16 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I see that scar that runs from his breastbone to his pubic bone and instead of being turned off or grossed out, I see the thing that saved his life and kept him here with me. I'm thankful for that scar.

This is beautiful! This is love. All of our scars and gray hairs are the markers of the life we've lived together and like you and your hubby, Mr Nova and I embrace them. 

A little secret about that scar...hubs used to be VERY self conscious about it and the two other scars from that surgery...so I got in the habit of kissing each one of them...sounds goofy or gross but it was more of telling him that the scars are not ugly or gross, they're the reasons he's here. When he had his surgery, the surgeon told me that if we had waited just another 6 months, there wouldn't have been anything they could have done (he already had precancerous cells in his pancreas) and he would have died. So, those scars mean now that I have gotten 5 more years with him, with the promise of many more...

I don't care what kind of job my future husband has, I wouldn't even mind if he volunteered to be house-husband, I'll earn enough to support a household.

Maybe not enough to buy a million dollar home, but I don't need that either, I 'just' want to be with someone who makes me happy (and who enjoys spending his life with me as well).

I'm not housewife material, I never liked playing with dolls either. Hate to cook, always was a science nerd.

I spent most of my freetime as a child with my dad. He worked as well, but less hours (plus started early, finished early). Plus, I had more in common with him (and he was way more relaxed).

We were both very outdoorsy, mum is scared of the of the creepy crawlies :tw_ant::bug::crocodile::mouse::tw_whale::tw_octopus::fish: (and the great outdoors in general...)

Holidays without mum were the best, bless her tender heart :my_biggrin::my_heart::8U::snake:

Mr. EW & I have a long standing dream of us one day being able to support ourselves just working part time each. So we both get time at work and home. It'll never happen, but still nice to think about. 

3 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Mr. EW & I have a long standing dream of us one day being able to support ourselves just working part time each. So we both get time at work and home. It'll never happen, but still nice to think about. 

My best friend's parents share a job. She works for 2 days and he stays home and watches the kids, then they switch.

They are quirky highschool sweethearts, huge nerds and still very much in love after 30 years - absolute relationship goals :my_heart:

Long story short. I married my husband although we had dated long enough that I knew I was not physically attracted to him and we would never have chemistry. I loved him but wasn't wise enough at the time to recognize it as something less than romantic love.  It was a tremendous mistake made with good intentions. I had no way of knowing how difficult it would make things down the road and how things would not eventually change.  I would never ever advise marrying someone who is good on paper but you don't have chemistry and attraction and romantic love for. 

29 minutes ago, EowynW said:

My husband and I are lucky to be able to do this and I hope you and your husband get it too <3

1 minute ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Can't. Stop. Laughing. 

If Lori is showing the love of Jesus, then I don't want any.  Is it love that made her repost an item today with an original title of 'Why Most Evangelical Women Are Worthless'?   

1 minute ago, delphinium65 said:

If Lori is showing the love of Jesus, then I don't want any.  Is it love that made her repost an item today with an original title of 'Why Most Evangelical Women Are Worthless'?   

Ohhhh holy crap! I didn't realize Truelove retitled that post after all the pushback. I thought this was a new one.  He readers will never know the truth. She has one comment on her blog saying this is her best post yet, but its not her post!!!

One wise reader advises:

Do not let a rebllious steak well up. 

:pb_confused: Gotta agree with her there...no one likes a "rebllious" steak.  Personally, I like mine with a baked potato. :pb_lol:

58 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Can't. Stop. Laughing. 

And to lead a happy life, stay away from hateful, judgemental, bitter old shrews.

(But you may laugh about them on FJ.) #DalaiLama

47 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Ohhhh holy crap! I didn't realize Truelove retitled that post after all the pushback. I thought this was a new one.  He readers will never know the truth. She has one comment on her blog saying this is her best post yet, but its not her post!!!

Lori just loves to quote the worst possible misogynists, doesn't she?  Says a lot about how she sees other women. 

2 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

BTW you can be thin and "unhealthy" (as in too high bloodfats/bodyfat in general). Thin "fat" people exist, since fat weighs way less than muscle. Just eating salads isn't healthy. A healthy body needs exercise as well as nutrients, just ask Alyssa.

Fat isn't as dense as muscle, but it weighs the same. 

• Destiny locked and unlocked this topic
  • Destiny locked this topic

Archived