IGNORED

Lori Alexander 46: She Sure Is Highly Edumacated

Continued from here:

Lori learned nothing during her very expensive education and boasts that she sure has learned a lot in the school of life.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, polecat said:

It's funny that you say that ... I've mentioned before that I'm on Topamax, which makes me randomly lose words. And Mr. Polecat is so helpful because he can almost immediately decode what my "errrr, um" *handflap, wave, flap flap flap* means every time, whether I'm talking about a specific type of plant I want to get this summer or the neighbor's darn cat peeing on our patio again. And don't even get me started on the number of times we've had this conversation:

Me: Hey, you wanna watch that one movie?

Mr. P: Oh, yeah, the one with the thing?
Me: YES! That one!

Mr. P. : Yep. I love that one part.

Me: I KNOW! 

Meanwhile, our kids are looking at us like we're smoking crack. We've just been together so long, we know how each other thinks. And that's just the little things! 

I wish my husband would acquire this skill.  He still can't figure out what I'm talking about unless I'm specific.  It drives me crazy because we've been together 21 years how can he NOT know by this time.

My mom had a "definitely not a maid/housecleaner" when I was a teenager and mom could say "<not a housecleaner> I need the whatchamacallit off the doohickey over there" and she would walk over and pick whatever it was up.    I could never figure out how she knew what the heck my mom was talking about because the "whatchamacallit" and "doohickeys" never seemed to be the same thing, but she managed it.

7 minutes ago, Curious said:

I wish my husband would acquire this skill.  He still can't figure out what I'm talking about unless I'm specific.  It drives me crazy because we've been together 21 years how can he NOT know by this time.

My husband of almost 26 years is the same way.

I can picture the object clear as day in my mind, I can describe it to a T, I just can't think of its name, and he looks at me like he has no clue what I'm talking about.  As you say, how can he not know??!!

9 minutes ago, Curious said:

My mom had a "definitely not a maid/housecleaner" when I was a teenager and mom could say "<not a housecleaner> I need the whatchamacallit off the doohickey over there" and she would walk over and pick whatever it was up.    I could never figure out how she knew what the heck my mom was talking about because the "whatchamacallit" and "doohickeys" never seemed to be the same thing, but she managed it.

With my "word issues" as we refer to it (slight brain damage from a bad concussion in childhood), I have gotten pretty good at coping.  I tend to say the word "thing" if I can't think of the word I actually want.  The problem is when I don't realize that I'm saying the wrong word until I've said it.  Hubs generally copes and knows what I meant, but it actually bothers me when he finishes my sentence because I'm trying to figure out what word to say.  My daughter told me the other day that she has no problem translating me!

5 minutes ago, kpmom said:

My husband of almost 26 years is the same way.

I can picture the object clear as day in my mind, I can describe it to a T, I just can't think of its name, and he looks at me like he has no clue what I'm talking about.  As you say, how can he not know??!!

This is exactly what my husband does.  I can even tell him where I think I last saw it and nothing.  Invariably, I will get frustrated and get up to find it myself and he shakes his head and says how would I know that's what you wanted.

Uh, I described it and told you exactly where it was?  Good grief!

Also, thank you whoever mentioned "staid" on the previous thread.  Seriously, Mr. Big Dr. Man?  I get that autocorrect won't pick that up because it's an actual word.  That's why grammerly was invented!

Sometimes it gives me weird changes, which I just ignore, but it reliably tells me when I need effect or affect because despite looking them up numerous times I can never remember which is which!

A Highly Educated Person would know that anecdotal evidence, like Dr. Jeff's, is not worth anything for supporting a serious argument. 

I agree with those who doubt "Dr. Jeff" is even a real person. If he is real, I hope he's close to retirement because his employees must hate his guts. 

I'm not even highly educated and even I know how to use the right words. I mean, compared to most here, I'm a gold-plated dumbass. 

Lori is full of shit. If I (who is seriously undereducated) can figure out the right grammar most of the time, that doesn't say shit for Lori and her "advanced degrees". But then again, I used to send my kids' papers back to school with the teacher's grammar corrected. DROVE ME FUCKING NUTS! 

42 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

Lori learned nothing during her very expensive education and boasts that she sure has learned a lot in the school of life.

School of hard-knocks, y'all! :pb_lol:

Lori 

2 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Continued from here:

If life is a school, then Lori is a dropout. 

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

Hubs generally copes and knows what I meant, but it actually bothers me when he finishes my sentence because I'm trying to figure out what word to say.

Uuuuuuggghhh! Yes. About 10 years ago I was in a bad car accident. While I don't believe that I hit my head, there's no doubt that it has affected my ability to choose my words. I see the object I want in my head, I can even visualize the word sometimes, but getting the word out can be a challenge. Mr. Nova would try to be helpful by supplying the missing word but honestly it would just frustrate me more. I finally asked if he could just wait and let me get it out. He's a pretty patient guy and is used to me shouting a random word 20 minutes after a conversation has ended. Thankfully it's not an every day issue anymore and I'm more prone to doing it when I'm tired. I also have a tendency to use the wrong word, I want to say newspaper and I say ribbon, or I want to say pen and hairbrush comes out. My family and friends know about it but I'm terribly embarrassed when it happens in front of strangers.

4 hours ago, Curious said:

Sometimes it gives me weird changes, which I just ignore, but it reliably tells me when I need effect or affect because despite looking them up numerous times I can never remember which is which!

I recently learned this trick from one of my students:

A is for Action and therefore Affect.

E is for End Result and therefore Effect.

It's too bad that Lori did not publish the comments of "thousands" of angry people. Her blog post could have gone viral if she published and replied to each comment in her teaching blog.

9 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Didn't know she had a Twitter

#Savage 

image.png

which tweet did he reply to? I can't see the replies (I don't have twitter) I see there are 111 comments on the women destroying the medical profession tweet. That is a far cry from the 1000s in an up roar. Not shocking since her husband has been known to embellish a few statistics.

Oh, squiddysquid, so very many.  But I don't see so well anymore.  The bleeding out my eyes obscures my count. 

30 minutes ago, Anna Arkadyevna said:

Oh, squiddysquid, so very many.  But I don't see so well anymore.  The bleeding out my eyes obscures my count. 

I just treated a patient like that, it's a very common affliction. :my_heart:

Just like spontaneous human combustion. (Lori is at risk for that one right now, I'm afraid.)

Today's post is perfect...for Lori.  She should read it.

Proverbs 31 speaks of a virtuous woman who is “clothed with strength and honor and laughs at the days to come.” Is this what others notice when they first meet you? Are you known for a quiet and confident trust in the Lord when you are in the midst of challenging trials?

How many people have told Lori that she comes across as rude/spoiled/harsh/crass/mean?  Those are the things that others notice when they first "meet" her on the internet.

Instead of learning from those critiques, Lori dismisses them, because she honestly equates herself with the Lord.

It's the reason that Peaceful wife has 4.7 stars on her Amazon reviews, and Lori only has 2.7.  It's presentation.  It's how you come across to other people.  It's how you treat other people.  Peaceful Wife's followers practically ran Lori off of her blog, because they viewed her as crass.  Even among people who hold similar views, Lori presents herself very poorly.

Do you try to think logically when the unexpected happens? Are you known for your wisdom or your worries? Are you “dressed” in foolishness or faith? 

Perhaps the best answer for this question is Lori's response when wild fires were headed directly for her home.

She wrote:

I had no idea what to do.

My son, Steven, from Texas, told me to call Jon, my son-in-law, and have him come over to be with me in case I needed to evacuate. 

So her son-in-law had to come be with Lori, because getting in the car and getting the hell out was too much for her silly, girl brain.  

She continues:

What to pack? 

I went up into my room and grabbed a bit of my lotions, makeup, toothbrush, socks, and clothes.

Thank god she grabbed the important stuff.  It's not like you can just walk into a CVS and buy a toothbrush and make-up.

Definitely a logical thinker, that one.

Do you speak about what is good, what you like, and what you are thankful for? 

:pb_lol:

Well, let's see.  Over the past couple of weeks, Lori has posted about:

-Women Destroying the Medical Profession

-Biblical Feminist

-One of her many gossipy posts about Sarah Young

-Indiscreet Women

-The Problem with Female Bible Teachers

-Being Raised in a Filthy Home

-Making sure other people know you're having sex <---this one is just beyond the fucking pale

-Sane Women Standing Against Their Crazy Sisters

All in all, I'd say she posts a lot of gossip, a lot of negative crap about women, a lot of "admonishments", and pretty much nothing good.

But hey- you do you, Lori.  

Proverbs 31 speaks of a virtuous woman who is “clothed with strength and honor and laughs at the days to come.” Is this what others notice when they first meet you? Are you known for a quiet and confident trust in the Lord when you are in the midst of challenging trials?

Considering that our "Godly mentor" has told us time and again that the Proverbs 31 woman was just a fable...my poor lady brain just doesn't know what to think!

But, gosh, I better go check to make sure that my strength and honor is MODEST and QUIET. And I better not laugh too loud at the days to come. It's downright unfeminine.

4 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I better not laugh too loud at the days to come. It's downright unfeminine.

If you do, Lori's likely to compare you to a prostitute.  That's certainly what she's done in the past.  She's kind that way...

In other news, Lori writes:

But God NEVER contradicts His Word and His Word is sufficient; for He has given us everything we need for life and godliness! Yes, the Spirit leads and guides us but we don’t need “extra revelation” as Sarah Young falsely believes.

Agreed.  Kind of negates the need for LORI'S book, blog, and notebook doodles.  

Awesome!  Now think of all the time Lori will have to be a keeper at home.  Ken will not have to fend for himself anymore.  She can cook!  She can let the maid go, and clean her own house.  Hallelujah!  What a blessing!

I hate to say this, but I'm kind of glad she's so purposefully stupid. Her serious leghumpers won't care, but I'm sure some women who may have been leaning toward listening might be put off by the idea of following someone who is too dumb to know that when a fire is coming toward your home, you grab the important papers and the cat, maybe throw a quick bag together of necessities, put your back to the fire and leave! You don't call someone from out of state to ask you what to do. You especially don't call your SON, who you raised and supposedly TAUGHT, to ask him what to do! Does she think that having a penis automatically gives you insight into fire safety that people with vaginas cannot possibly understand? Did her son-in-law have to stand there and tell her "OK, now we go out the front door, and get in the car. No, close the door, Lori. Now open the car door, Lori. Get in and sit down. Put the keys in the ignition..."

Can you imagine if she'd been in New Orleans during hurricane Katrina? "Son, I'm on the first floor, and the water is up to my knees and rising? I can't get out! What do I do?" "Dammit, mom, go upstairs!"

It's also good that she's so crass. That too will put off some potential followers. I doubt many fundie christians would be thrilled about sharing her more nasty posts. 

I suspect she's not even trying to cater to Christian women who aren't "submissive" enough for her anymore. It's all an attempt to go viral so she can get internet-famous.

"...no, turn AWAY from the smoke, Lori."

4 hours ago, Joyce said:

It's too bad that Lori did not publish the comments of "thousands" of angry people. Her blog post could have gone viral if she published and replied to each comment in her teaching blog.

I was procrastinating so I wandered over to the Twitter version of the post.  The comments were internet gold! 

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

which tweet did he reply to? I can't see the replies (I don't have twitter) I see there are 111 comments on the women destroying the medical profession tweet. That is a far cry from the 1000s in an up roar. Not shocking since her husband has been known to embellish a few statistics.

It was the women doctors are ruining medicine one. All her other recent tweets are pretty much ignored. But it certainly was not thousands of people. 

• Destiny locked and unlocked this topic
  • Destiny locked this topic

Archived