IGNORED

Bates 24: Selling the ‘Happy Family’ Lifestyle

Jellybean

Oops, apparently it was a lot more clear in the Facebook Live I didn’t watch! I found these screenshots on Tumblr, which make it a lot clearer that Zach and Whitney are the couple. Also, that DRESS!

A14444EB-51D2-4BF4-850E-5053EB6B41B0.thumb.jpeg.76b12dea397b4e6ae1d0a6cbfbdc152d.jpeg

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow it is their renewal! 

they really went all out! And they’ve only been married 4 and a half years (exactly today!) I wonder what was the rush? 

I guess Whitney finally had her dream wedding

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Wow it is their renewal! 

they really went all out! And they’ve only been married 4 and a half years (exactly today!) I wonder what was the rush? 

They were probably running out of things to tape. no Carvan or Josie/Kelton engagement yet. probably no new courtships on the horizon.  Tori isn't that far along in her pregnancy so they were probably like hey we need footage Zach and whit how would you like a Vow renewal. 

And I’m always to lazy to watch the live vid but someone on tumblr said they’ll have a big announcement on next week’s live

My guesses for "big announcement" in order of liklihood: 

1. Zach and Whitney are doing a vow renewal

2. Lawson has a new song

3. We find out the sex of Tori's baby

4. Carlin is engaged

5. Josie is engaged

6. Lawson or Nathan has a special friend

6. Whitney is pregnant

7. Michael is pregnant

8. Zach and Whit secretly got divorced and are now getting remarried 

9. Lawson has dedicated himself to being a bachelor to the rapture but since he loves kids so much he's going to adopt 5 orphaned siblings from Indonesia and raise them as a single, Jesus-honoring father. He will teach them to play music and they will form a family band touring children's hospitals around the country. 

Me guess for the announcement is that Whitney is pregnant, that would explain doing the 5 year bow renewal at 4.5 years, she wants to fit in the beautiful dress.

2 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

My guesses for "big announcement" in order of liklihood: 

1. Zach and Whitney are doing a vow renewal

2. Lawson has a new song

3. We find out the sex of Tori's baby

4. Carlin is engaged

5. Josie is engaged

6. Lawson or Nathan has a special friend

6. Whitney is pregnant

7. Michael is pregnant

8. Zach and Whit secretly got divorced and are now getting remarried 

9. Lawson has dedicated himself to being a bachelor to the rapture but since he loves kids so much he's going to adopt 5 orphaned siblings from Indonesia and raise them as a single, Jesus-honoring father. He will teach them to play music and they will form a family band touring children's hospitals around the country. 

I don't think it's the first one since they just mentioned it.

Heads up for anyone wondering: Lawson’s “date” for I Love You Day that was teased was Nathan in a dress and wig (with pants and a shirt underneath to make sure it was clear that he’s a MAN).

Just now, Mayluka said:

Heads up for anyone wondering: Lawson’s “date” for I Love You Day that was teased was Nathan in a dress and wig (with pants and a shirt underneath to make sure it was clear that he’s a MAN).

I kind of figured it would be Nathan. as for the announcement next week I bet Lawson is dropping a new CD. he almost says I have a special announcement but catches himself. 

I'm guessing that Whitney is pregnant, though anything else would be more interesting at this point. If I personally had to choose what the announcement is, this would be my order of preference:

1. Michaela is pregnant (my heart breaks for anyone struggling with infertility, fundy or not)

2. Lawson, Nathan, or Trace are courting (they need a boy to court to keep things interesting)

3. Carlin or Josie is engaged

4. Whitney is pregnant

5. The sex of baby Smith is revealed

40 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

I'm guessing that Whitney is pregnant, though anything else would be more interesting at this point. If I personally had to choose what the announcement is, this would be my order of preference:

1. Michaela is pregnant (my heart breaks for anyone struggling with infertility, fundy or not)

2. Lawson, Nathan, or Trace are courting (they need a boy to court to keep things interesting)

3. Carlin or Josie is engaged

4. Whitney is pregnant

5. The sex of baby Smith is revealed

I'm voting for a Josie or Carlin engagement. UP has never focused special announcements on gender reveals...that's more TLC's style. 

In order from most to least likely in my opinion:

1. Whitney pregnancy

2. Josie or Carlin engaged

3. One of the boys are courting (don't think it's gonna happen but it'd be less repetitive than #1 and #2) 

Unfortunately I don't think a pregnancy from Michael is gonna be on the cards anytime soon. 

2 minutes ago, stardust said:

I'm voting for a Josie or Carlin engagement. UP has never focused special announcements on gender reveals...that's more TLC's style. 

In order from most to least likely in my opinion:

1. Whitney pregnancy

2. Josie or Carlin engaged

3. One of the boys are courting (don't think it's gonna happen but it'd be less repetitive than #1 and #2) 

Unfortunately I don't think a pregnancy from Michael is gonna be on the cards anytime soon. 

that's the thing though Its not really UP giving the announcement there is no special video saying watch next episode for this special announcement this isn't a televised announcement it's just a facebook family announcement so I think it's something relatively small. 

If Whitney is pregnant, I wonder what role that would have played in planning this renewal. It takes a while to plan something like this, doesn't it? Especially if you're going all out like they apparently did. In fact this renewal is making me think she isn't pregnant. The timing is too coincidental. I wouldn't be surprised if they already planned to do this for a while. For one, the date is too perfect. It's exactly in between anniversaries. Also, you can only hide a pregnancy for so long. Unless she's very early in the pregnancy. Then again, these people can put a wedding together in 3 months, so what do I know 

6 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

If Whitney is pregnant, I wonder what role that would have played in planning this renewal. It takes a while to plan something like this, doesn't it? Especially if you're going all out like they apparently did. In fact this renewal is making me think she isn't pregnant. The timing is too coincidental. I wouldn't be surprised if they already planned to do this for a while. For one, the date is too perfect. It's exactly in between anniversaries. Also, you can only hide a pregnancy for so long. Unless she's very early in the pregnancy. Then again, these people can put a wedding together in 3 months, so what do I know 

If she isn't pregnant now I'm sure she will be soon. Kaci turns 2  on the 20th and I honestly don't expect that they will stop at two we'll probably be getting an announcement before Christmas if not before. 

8 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

I don't know that the renewal took very much planning at all. From what I could see in the FB live there were mostly family members present, so a small gathering all things considered. Also the groomsmen's outfits looked familiar. Reused wardrobe from another wedding? Looked similar to Michael's groomsmen's clothing IIRC. Looked more like an intimate little party for family made elegant mainly by the venue and Whitney's dress. 

44 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

that's the thing though Its not really UP giving the announcement there is no special video saying watch next episode for this special announcement this isn't a televised announcement it's just a facebook family announcement so I think it's something relatively small. 

True, but don't the married couples usually announce the gender themselves with a quick little Taryn Yager photoshoot? It's just not their style IMO to wait an entire week to give out trivial information like the sex. I feel like if that was it Lawson would have specifically said 'tune in next week when we reveal the gender' instead of the vague 'big announcement' teasing. 

3 minutes ago, stardust said:

I don't know that the renewal took very much planning at all. From what I could see in the FB live there were mostly family members present, so a small gathering all things considered. Also the groomsmen's outfits looked familiar. Reused wardrobe from another wedding? Looked similar to Michael's groomsmen's clothing IIRC. Looked more like an intimate little party for family made elegant mainly by the venue and Whitney's dress. 

1ea74bfc40019e08635c20baf344fb5c.jpg

this is Micheal's wedding they do look really similar but I'm not sure if they're the same or not. 

5 minutes ago, stardust said:

True, but don't the married couples usually announce the gender themselves with a quick little Taryn Yager photoshoot? It's just not their style IMO to wait an entire week to give out trivial information like the sex. I feel like if that was it Lawson would have specifically said 'tune in next week when we reveal the gender' instead of the vague 'big announcement' teasing. 

ah they always tease things. they never come out and say what it is. heck when UP announced Tori's pregnancy they said it could be any of these people and they even showed Jeb and Jud If it was a gender thing they wouldn't be announcing it on Facebook to many people would miss it. I mean I guess they could but I honestly think Lawson just wants to amp up views on his lives. 

I bet the vow renewal has something to do with her mended relationship with her parents, since they weren’t present at her real wedding. And of course a dash of being convenient/filling up space for bub’s filming schedule. 

On 6/12/2018 at 7:56 AM, Ali said:

The Judson picture is so heartbreaking. I have a sibling that is significantly younger than me. She was sad when I moved out, but no where close to that level.

It really is.  I just looked at it again because the insta post was linked above, and I ACTUALLY teared up again, seeing it.  That poor little guy!

7 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

I bet the vow renewal has something to do with her mended relationship with her parents, since they weren’t present at her real wedding. And of course a dash of being convenient/filling up space for bub’s filming schedule. 

I’m curious about what exactly will be mentioned about the whole parent situation, if anything is mentioned at all. Whit has been very quiet about everything so far (as is her right), so it’ll be interesting to see what they say about why they had a vow renewal at this point. 

Or, RAMPANT SPECULATION TRAIN INCOMING: Maybe this is all part of a super elaborate baby, sex, and name reveal for ZachNey the Third. You know, get everyone together under the guise of a vow renewal and then tell them they’re spawning again? :pb_lol:

(I don’t actually think that, but it’s be wicked funny if it turned out to be true.)

I just watched the most recent episode. The Bates desperately need to paint the interior of their home. It looks so neglected, chipped and dirty. 

They showed the boys room and it looked terrible.

Whitney hasn’t posted on Instagram in almost a month. Maybe she is pregnant I dunno, but I was kinda hoping maybe they’d stick with two for now since it really seems like they’re using some sort of birth control. 

They did the horrible I Love You Day episode last night where they used medical equipment as props. I actually liked when they had the men go around and say the first time they saw their wives and their reaction. Alyssa thought John didn't talk because he was struck silent with her.  But the whole episode...ugh.  

And not to put too fine a point on this, but they had to stage Whitney and Zach in a vow renewal after only 5 years (4.5, really) because they have so little going on in their lives?  

21 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Wow it is their renewal! 

I guess Whitney can now have the wedding she really wanted without pretending to be fundie for her future in laws. Good for her. She was never fundie. Just playing the part for her ILs. Now she has the confidence to be what she wants. 

Like I said in the Zach and Whitney thread, a vow renewal only five years in and NOT on your anniversary is either because on of them cheated, or they are "repenting"  for not trusting the Lord with children. If UP wanted to film a filler episode of a vow renewal it would be of Gil and Kelly not Zach and Whitney 

A vow renewal less than five years into a marriage? Excuse me while I lapse into millennialese: that's extra af.

Seriously though. I guess if her biological parents are back in her life and they missed the actual wedding, and Zach and Whitney have gone fundie lite so she can wear a dress she likes better... it's still pretty extra. But something tells me this was probably UP's idea. Gotta fill this time between engagements and babies somehow, I guess.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived