IGNORED

Bates 24: Selling the ‘Happy Family’ Lifestyle

Jellybean

I wonder if Gil and Kelly are really okay with this. If so the hypocrisy is even worse than I thought. I know Kelly has posted pictures of her sons that are pretty not modest, but I don't think I've ever seen a Bates man shirtless before, even at the beach. 

And I have a hard time believing he's there without a chaperone at all.  Do we know who's with him?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mayluka said:

I feel weird even posting these (they’re public though), but can we talk about the double standard going on here? Trace is in Hawaii (and appears to be the only Bates there), posing for shirtless pictures. 

We've been talking about Trace in the Lawson thread. He is defrauding all over the place. Amazing that he was able to travel without a chaperone. But I guess he would only need one if he was courting...and a sister/daughter of the family. 

The shirt off pics do take it to another level. I notice those pics were not posted on his page. Hmmnnn...

Definitely double standard. And definitely unfundie to say the least.

Why am I so angry about this trace shirtless photo? 

The friend he was with is Elijah, who has been the show and around the family a lot. 

I know they have lowered their standards for modesty over the years, but this is sexist! 

On an episode of BUB, when Michael tried on her wedding dress, I remembered the dress she had on had thin straps, and Carlin got excited because it looked nice, but Gil said “oh no you need a jacket”, before she stepped out of the dressing room.

so how can an engaged women (whose authority is going to transferred) not be allowed to have skinny straps, but trace can be shirtless period.

I don’t care that Elijah posted it, I care that trace is allowed to even be shirtless ever. I’m sure Gil and Kelly weren’t around but they better regulate and make it even for both male and female.

Because defrauding someone cannot be females only. At least the Duggars don’t allow that to happen male or female. 

Honestly, I think both the Duggs and Bates have relaxed standards, but to keep up with their branding don't show the changes. That is why I mentioned Trace leaving the pictures off his page. He knew not to put them there. Right now he has a story up at what appears to be some sort of hibachi place. He's saying he's never experienced such before. In that moment, I am glad he got to go without family. He can be himself without the pressure. Likewise, I am glad they're letting the kidults males out to explore on non church trips.

However, it is absolutely not cool that the females are not allowed the same leeway. Furthermore if Katie wants to be a nurse, she should be able to go to a regular school!!! If you let one kid break the rules, let them all! lol Seriously. 

I'm suspect they have the hook up with Crown which is why most of their kids go there, but still it's the principle.

So what do we know about Elijah sisters, like how old are they? could it be a courtship with one of them? They are all very pretty but the only one that i could find a public instagram has photos in a very revealing bikini from this vacation. Its super bizarre to me that the Bates allowed Trace to be with them. I know that Elijah used to live with the Duggars, and maybe he is as religious as them, but i am not so sure about the rest of the family.

Between all the defrauding pictures of Lawson, Trace and Nathan it's pretty obvious that they keep up a hardcore training regimen.  I'm kind of surprised that it hasn't been shown on IG or the show yet.  They clearly work out intensely.  The Duggars had more than one reference/episode about working out in their shows.  It's also pretty hypocritical that the girls are supposed to have clothes that don't bring attraction to the body (although Lauren Duggar's dress definitely does that.  She looked gorgeous but they claim to dress modern modest.)  yet the boys are working out and then showing off on IG.  Maybe I'm just BEC but the Bates would be flipping lids if Katie was on IG in a bathing suit and yet Trace is half naked. 

Trace doesn’t surprise me. 

It’s literally what patriarchy is all about. Men make rules for women that they don’t have to follow themselves. 

On 7/31/2018 at 8:35 PM, llucie said:

So what do we know about Elijah sisters, like how old are they? could it be a courtship with one of them? They are all very pretty but the only one that i could find a public instagram has photos in a very revealing bikini from this vacation. Its super bizarre to me that the Bates allowed Trace to be with them. I know that Elijah used to live with the Duggars, and maybe he is as religious as them, but i am not so sure about the rest of the family.

On his IG post about his Grandpa passing away, he said he hoped some of his relatives could come to Christ through the experience. 

4 hours ago, lizzybee said:

On his IG post about his Grandpa passing away, he said he hoped some of his relatives could come to Christ through the experience. 

wow so he was converted by the Duggars? i thought he was still very young when he lived with them, like a minor, but if his family was not on board i guess he had to be a little bit older.

Has Alyssa had any of her babies on television? I feel like Kelly really went out of her way with timing, to see the baby born. She still missed it. 

Also, does anyone know why she checked the baby's hair? Was it to see if she had any? Color? A little confused why that was that first thing she went for.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:35 PM, llucie said:

I know that Elijah used to live with the Duggars, and maybe he is as religious as them, but i am not so sure about the rest of the family.

Did Elijah ever live with the Duggars?  I know Jonathan Hartono did.  Maybe he's the one you're thinking of.

27 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Has Alyssa had any of her babies on television? I feel like Kelly really went out of her way with timing, to see the baby born. She still missed it. 

Also, does anyone know why she checked the baby's hair? Was it to see if she had any? Color? A little confused why that was that first thing she went for.

No, They showed when Allie was born at the birthing center (waiting room) but not the birth or even labor. Alyssa wouldn’t even let her Mom in until she was all cleaned up. They talked about how private she was. 

The hair thing struck me as a normal thing to want to see.

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Did Elijah ever live with the Duggars?  I know Jonathan Hartono did.  Maybe he's the one you're thinking of.

Ah maybe he didnt. I just remembered that a boy lived with them, and Elijah has a photo with the Duggars in his insta calling them his adopted brothers and sisters so i thought it was him.

Yeah I think Elijah was living with them for awhile. There was a video about the boys doing work for JB and Elijah was amongst them. 

14 hours ago, llucie said:

wow so he was converted by the Duggars? i thought he was still very young when he lived with them, like a minor, but if his family was not on board i guess he had to be a little bit older.

This is the post @lizzybee  was talking about. He mentions his extended family, so I am more inclined to believe he is talking about his aunts/uncles/cousins needing to be saved rather than his parents or siblings.

So are any of those shorts-wearing hapa hussies old enough to be courting Trace? 

I guess we've learned from Ashley Sayler, and Kelli's African-American relatives, that the Bates can be simultaneous worship the Confederacy and be cool with interracial relationships.

I feel like perhaps mom was in a hotel and she didn’t get called until after Zoey arrived was because Alyssa didn’t want anyone there. “Just happened too fast” is a great excuse!

Also, there was not one word about blessings from the lord, thank the lord, nothing, from Alyssa after the baby came. She sounded like every normal person I know. Interesting.

1 hour ago, Kaylo said:

I feel like perhaps mom was in a hotel and she didn’t get called until after Zoey arrived was because Alyssa didn’t want anyone there. “Just happened too fast” is a great excuse!

Also, there was not one word about blessings from the lord, thank the lord, nothing, from Alyssa after the baby came. She sounded like every normal person I know. Interesting.

I don’t think Alyssa has ever talked like that though. She’s never been one to blather on and on with fundie cliches in a baby voice. I get so tired of the fundie speak. 

19 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So are any of those shorts-wearing hapa hussies old enough to be courting Trace? 

I guess we've learned from Ashley Sayler, and Kelli's African-American relatives, that the Bates can be simultaneous worship the Confederacy and be cool with interracial relationships.

Interracial i dont think they have a problem but posing sexy in a bikini for instagram i feel is a big nono for a future daughter in law. But it would be super entertaining, like a more extreme version of Whitney, bring it on!

5 hours ago, llucie said:

Interracial i dont think they have a problem but posing sexy in a bikini for instagram i feel is a big nono for a future daughter in law. But it would be super entertaining, like a more extreme version of Whitney, bring it on!

That’s why I’m thinking a Roberts match would be frowned upon. The Roberts girls wear mainstream clothing including regular bathing suits. 

On 8/3/2018 at 11:43 AM, HereticHick said:

[...]

Don't think they were okay with Ashley at all. Such awkwardness when he announced courtship. But what could they do about it? What excuse would they give for an no? At that time Ashley was way deep in fundiedom. She would, by default make the perfect bride. Except later on we find she has her views but seems more independent than expected.

On 8/3/2018 at 9:12 PM, Kaylo said:

Yeah, I think she doesn't want the cameras there. They over emphasized the "she came so quickly". Alyssa  said this before a believe with her first child. I think Kelly and UP should catch on by now. lol

I wonder about Alyssa and John. They may be cultural conservative Christians or not even that. Kelly did not want to stay at her home for some reason. This smells of stuff my family does when they know someone is livingless than holy. Anyhow, Kelly had her excuses. Alyssa had hers. Worked out, I guess.

Yeah I was wondering why kelly was staying in a hotel. I think it’s nice Alyssa got space while laboring but I do wonder what the reason was. 

9 hours ago, mstee said:

Yeah I was wondering why kelly was staying in a hotel. I think it’s nice Alyssa got space while laboring but I do wonder what the reason was. 

Alyssa might prefer it. I never liked people staying at night home right after I gave birth. But I didn’t mind when the kids got a little older. 

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Alyssa might prefer it. I never liked people staying at night home right after I gave birth. But I didn’t mind when the kids got a little older. 

Kelly said Alyssa was fussing at her about deciding to stay in a hotel. Also, Alyssa said she wasn't in labor (when Kelly made the decision). This was before Zoey was born. But I think Alyssa was in active labor or knew she would be soon. 

Maybe the house Alyssa lives in is already crowded. In the photos she posted it doesnt look big at all. I wouldnt be suprised if Kelly didnt want to sleep in the couch. And if up tv is paying for the hotel because they are in florida for the tvshow, them i agree is the best idea to take advantage of the free hotel.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived