IGNORED

Bates 24: Selling the ‘Happy Family’ Lifestyle

Jellybean

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

6291D052-9663-4334-8CBB-5F22C883FDDF.thumb.png.98a8ae8e891b256a74b139f9da5eec03.png

Hide contents

FE074FF7-54A3-4B1F-AF49-DD87CD05DA9E.thumb.png.86e39e15371dc8af0b7c812a9cc56749.png

Sorry to burst their bubble, but none of the Bates kids are Kelly’s favorite. Gil and Kelly are Kelly’s favorites. Gil’s too. That’s why they pawned the younger kids off on their elder sisters, “borrowed” money from Lawson to buy groceries, had John Duggar install cameras in their house, somehow appear to have gone on dates and taken trips together while their kids lived in squalor, manipulated their daughter’s into running the household for them, given their kids lackluster educations...

If I had had to guess a favorite of Kelly’s, it would be Michael. All because she took so much work off of Kelly’s shoulders. 

I have to agree with Zach that he is the favorite son, being the first born its not that strange. And although im sure Kelly is grateful to Michaella, i dont think she is the favorite, i always felt like Erin was, they seem to have a really close relationship (almost friendlike) and it really seems like she is actually proud of her, especially her piano playing skills. And Erin is such a mini-me, they even share taste in clothes.

11 hours ago, JessaBlessa said:

I think that's Jana (with possibly Jinger?) next to JD. And Michael is the tall girl on the right.

No,It's Michael with wrangling Alyssa.Jana is the last on the right,note the Duggar girls are wearing bloomers with their dresses.Jinger is third from the right,kind of looks unhappy.

I would have to say that if there were a favourite, it would have to be one of the older kids. I think Kelly actually did raise them, so she might remember exactly which one they are. 

Erin is clearly the favourite.

Michael is, at most, the favourite maiden. Like those old times maidens that were loved in the home they were working into and considered like an aunt. Yes yes, I'm exaggerating. But it's a feeling.

In addition, I think that Kelly loves fun and she clearly prefers her "cool" children: Erin of course, but also Alyssa because her fashionable side, carlin, Tori, Lawson, the ironic Katie... I think she respects Zach but he's not her favourite. She absolutely ignores the 3 middle boys+3 middle girls and is a kind of grandma for the youngest two.

I think Katie is My favorite. It seems like either by her choice or the choice of Up, she doesn’t talk a lot on camera. But every once in a while her quirkiness and sassy attitude comes through and it just shows there’s life there.  

Katie is definitely my favorite. I would love to hear what she has to say without being sweet censored. That girls got attitude. I like that.

9 hours ago, emmeline said:

I find those old group photos quite interesting - especially the matchy-matchy ones. I noticed that Kelly is the only one not matching - the girls are all in matching dresses, and Gil is dressed like the boys. I wonder why that is? 

It's probably nothing, but it piqued my interest. 

Gil and the boys are wearing white shirts and khaki pants, which are easy and age-appropriate for both. Kelly matching her daughters in a ruffled pastel frumper would be a terrible idea. Even if she did have matching dresses, she probably wouldn’t have worn them in those two pictures- she’s clearly postpartum and heavier than usual.

I think Kelly not knowing how to sew probably explains a lot of the lack of matching outfits. Poor Michael had to make clothing for all her sisters at a fairly young age, Kelly might have been nice enough not to make her make an adult version of the dress to. 

More old pics.

Spoiler

2d808d68c3a1fc23cacc1bf301534bcc.jpg

bd4c3879f74c9d061ba401393a76fd23.jpg

I was reading the daily schedule on the old blog and they were practically Maxwells. They had up to an hour of personal Bible study first thing in the morning, an hour of family Bible study in the morning and another hour of Bible time in the evening. They had 45 min. of morning chores on top of the work done they did for the sibling they were raising. They didn't get around to school work/music practice till the afternoon. Playtime was between 4:30-600. Then up to 30 min. of more chores in the evening.

RufusBlessYou @neurogirl-- the picture represents the very first time I heard of the Duggars--it accompanied an article about Jim Bob running for US Senate, in a newspaper covering Washington DC politics. Several of my colleagues and I passed around the article and hooted about this ridiculous family.

Little did we know that they were destined for D-List Celebrity fame

Little Lawson was supercute. It's funny but his face have not really changed. Boys face uses to change a lot when growing up.

22 hours ago, neurogirl said:

5afa1c9b4a975_duggarfamily.jpg.8248b77712becfdbbbf3403bb6776f76.jpg

I'm having trouble figuring out who all the kids are here--it seems like there are extra girls. I count 7 girls and 5 boys, plus one probably-boy in the stroller. It looks like the younger twins are the youngest ones there. But who is the 'big' girl between Joy and Jessa, and the little one behind Jinger? Did they rope in Cousin Amy and a friend? 

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

I'm having trouble figuring out who all the kids are here--it seems like there are extra girls. I count 7 girls and 5 boys, plus one probably-boy in the stroller. It looks like the younger twins are the youngest ones there. But who is the 'big' girl between Joy and Jessa, and the little one behind Jinger? Did they rope in Cousin Amy and a friend? 

We could start a conspiracy. 

-JB's secret love children, Janet and Judy-bobette. The girls were kept of camera during the early specials as they refused to talk positively about tater tot casserole. Went away to live with their birth mother before the show started on a permanent basis.

-They successfully cloned humans but other fundies said it didn't count towards their quiver so they were sent on a permanent journey to the heart and adopted out.

In all likelihood though, they probably belong to the guy up the back talking to he who shall not be named, and they decided to dress them the same so it was easy to wrangle them all up at the end of the day.

-

I think there are two extra girls in that photo.

Jana and Jill are at the back.

Jill looks like she's holding the hand of a child who's hidden by the line of children in front, but there's a tuft of a ponytail so I think that its likely Joy (the height would fit with the ages of the children).

The four girls in the middle I think (from back to front): unknown, Jessa, unknown, Jinger (in front of the girls).

With regards to who is Kelly's favorite I kind of thought it was Jeb. Mostly because they seem to let him get away with murder. I mean the kid nearly burned the house down. 

On 5/13/2018 at 9:44 PM, JessaBlessa said:

I think that's Jana (with possibly Jinger?) next to JD. And Michael is the tall girl on the right.

No, the line up posted is correct.

It looks like JD is trying to chat up Michael.

The bloomers make me sad now thinking that they were probably used as "safe guards" or something ridiculous like that. 

21 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I believe we’ve talked about this picture before. I think they are family friends that they coordinated with. You know, other ATI fundie they matched up with. Fundies love matching!

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

No, the line up posted is correct.

It looks like JD is trying to chat up Michael.

The bloomers make me sad now thinking that they were probably used as "safe guards" or something ridiculous like that. 

Bloomers were the precursors to the leggings under dresses we see now on little Duggars, Bateses, and Maxwells.

I don't know about faves, but it seems like Tori is the last one Kelly mothered directly. She could not contain herself emotionally at Tori's wedding as if her baby was finally leaving home. I know Carlin was Erin's buddy and Alyssa had Josie. Both pairings are still extremely close. Not sure who doubled with Katy. Tori had the younger girls but Michael definitely sister momed Callie. Also, I believe Trace has Jeb?

The Bates seems to pair more than buddy group perse.

On 17/05/2018 at 12:23 AM, TatiFish9 said:

I don't know about faves, but it seems like Tori is the last one Kelly mothered directly. She could not contain herself emotionally at Tori's wedding as if her baby was finally leaving home. I know Carlin was Erin's buddy and Alyssa had Josie. Both pairings are still extremely close. Not sure who doubled with Katy. Tori had the younger girls but Michael definitely sister momed Callie. Also, I believe Trace has Jeb?

The Bates seems to pair more than buddy group perse.

Maybe Michael had Katie? Tori had Judson too.

I think Kelly only acknowledges her kids when they grow up so she can be "fun mom" :pb_rollseyes:

Spoiler

f%C3%B6r%C3%A4ldrar-8.gif

7 hours ago, Snarfblatt said:

With regards to who is Kelly's favorite I kind of thought it was Jeb. Mostly because they seem to let him get away with murder. I mean the kid nearly burned the house down. 

I think Kelly does have a soft spot for Jeb, but I see the fire as having occurred due to neglect.  He and Jud shouldn't have had access to matches.  At the least they should have been taught not to play with them.

Todays episode is another boring rerun (this time focused in weddings) but the next 4 episodes look more promising:

Episode 721: A Heavenly Honeymoon & A Courtship Countdown!

After a picture-perfect wedding ceremony, Tori and Bobby head out for their Honeymoon. Upon arriving in California, the newlyweds take a romantic drive along the Pacific Coast Highway and set sail for a picturesque boat ride on the Monterey Bay. But after Tori has a video chat with her Mom and Dad, will she feel homesick for TN? Meanwhile, the courtship countdown is on! Now that Gil and Kelly Jo have granted Kelton permission to officially ask Josie to Court, he begins to put his plan in motion. After taking Josie on a scenic tram ride and ice skating adventure in Gatlinburg, TN, will Kelton finally take a leap of faith and ask her the “Big Question?” And later, Tori and Bobby continue their Honeymoon adventures in Yosemite National Park.

Episode 722: Eye Love You Day!

Tori and Bobby’s wedding might be behind them, but Kelly Jo isn’t slowing down! She’s finally getting eye surgery to correct her vision. But how will the Bates household hold up while she’s in recovery mode? Meanwhile, tis the season for love, as the family preps for this year’s “I Love You Day” festivities. Will the “growing old together” theme lead to some unexpected costumes? And will the single Bates boys finally secure a seat at the table for the couples’ dinner?

Episode 723: Seas the Day!

Now that many of the older Bates girls have moved out of the house, it’s Carlin’s turn to take on new household responsibilities, including tutoring her younger siblings. But how will the Bates kids respond to Carlin’s new rules? Later, Gil and the family head to Myrtle Beach, SC so the kids can meet Mama Jane’s side of the family for the first time. The adventure begins with lunch at a seafood restaurant, but can he convince the Bates kids to try seafood for the very first time? And despite the cold weather, the family enjoys some bonding time on the beach, including a morning exercise stroll with Mama Jane and her sisters and some football time on the sand. But during the game, will Carlin lure Evan away from the guys, to pose for some “engagement worthy” photos?

Episode 724:  Hit the Road Jack!

To celebrate his “Sweet 16,” Jackson heads to the DMV to take his Driver’s Test. But will he walk out with a license in hand? Meanwhile, Erin and Chad Paine prepare for the arrival of Baby #3, Everly Hope. As they decorate the baby’s room, they discuss their growing family. And now that Jackson’s becoming a young adult, he meets up with his big brother Zach for advice on his future. And later, Trace gets a flying lesson from his brother Nathan. But before he jumps in the cockpit, will the nerves get the best of him?

11 minutes ago, llucie said:

But how will the Bates household hold up while she’s in recovery mode?

Nothing will change except more work for them because it isn't like Kelly has done much in years. 

12 minutes ago, llucie said:

The adventure begins with lunch at a seafood restaurant, but can he convince the Bates kids to try seafood for the very first time?

I'm pretty shocked they have never tried seafood before. Especially since they have been to the beach a gazillion times to pose for pictures. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived