IGNORED

Bates 24: Selling the ‘Happy Family’ Lifestyle

Jellybean

2 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Here it is! (Don't mind the baby seat in the background sorry!)

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_4677.JPG

Thanks! I'm obsessed with that era. 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't watch the episode but read about it on the recap from the Ellie Blog and that WTF she only got one slice  and they ate all the rest not okay. 

On 5/26/2018 at 5:16 PM, Oh_Dear! said:

How old is Abby?  Could it be that she’s tutoring there in hopes of getting to know one of the three Bates bachelors?

Or maybe John David???

Have we done the speculation on the big announcement next week during the Facebook Live Chat? 

Here are my guesses...

1. Lawson is releasing another album (They always think we are about that)

2. Bringing Up Bates is renewed. 

3. Carson is engaged. 

4. Tori's Gender Reveal (I actually think its this)

5. Josie is engaged 

6. And just for the sake of being really out there...Nathan has a girlfriend.  (I find this the least likely) 

Just now, BeccaGrim said:

Have we done the speculation on the big announcement next week during the Facebook Live Chat? 

Here are my guesses...

1. Lawson is releasing another album (They always think we are about that)

2. Bringing Up Bates is renewed. 

3. Carson is engaged. 

5. Josie is engaged 

6. And just for the sake of being really out there...Nathan has a girlfriend.  (I find this the least likely) 

It’s bound to be the SEX of Baby BoRi. The reveal party was last week and they didn’t announce it then, so it makes sense that the “big” announcement this week would be the sex.

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Here are my guesses...

3. Carson is engaged. 

5. Josie is engaged 

I hope you mean Carlin. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

I hope you mean Carlin. :pb_lol:

No no, they mean Carson. They're doing betrothals now, like true arranged marriages. It's the most godly way, haven't you heard?! He's all set to marry Meredith Duggar on September 1st, 2034.

(In case anyone's worried, yes, I'm 100% joking. And the fact that I feel even the tiniest need to add this as a footnote says something worrying about fundies... :pb_lol:)

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

No no, they mean Carson. They're doing betrothals now, like true arranged marriages. It's the most godly way, haven't you heard?! He's all set to marry Meredith Duggar on September 1st, 2034.

(In case anyone's worried, yes, I'm 100% joking. And the fact that I feel even the tiniest need to add this as a footnote says something worrying about fundies... :pb_lol:)

Ugh yes, I fell down a rabbit hole of fundy betrothal blogs one time.  Even godlier than courtship! 

My Guesses for the “Big News” are

1.) Zachney #3. They’re overdue for an announcement. Whit seems nostalgic for the baby days of Kaci. No straight on full body photo on IG since April. Did not do amusement park rides when they went to the amusement park.Additionally vow renewal videos have been moving, no stand still videos, along with a high waisted dress. The vow renewal seems to be a good time to announce. I’m not trying to body shame Whit but if you wanted to cut down on speculation it makes sense to wear different things or not do full body photos unless you want to  give away the news before you can announce. It’s suspicious to have one preggo in the family 

2.) Bori gender reveal. Last big event to generate news. 

3.) Carlin is engaged. UP has teased it. They hinted at engagement worthy photos at the family trip to myrtle beach. Plus has Carlin been quiet about wanting a ring? Why want what you already have?

4.) Josie and Kelton engaged. Carlin will burst into flames but the seem ready. 

5.) any of the courting age children getting to know someone. 

If it is anything other than this I will be surprised. 

54 minutes ago, ariel9 said:

But really, besides babies, weddings/proposals/courting, and the occasional Lawson album ....what else is there

49 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

But really, besides babies, weddings/proposals/courting, and the occasional Lawson album ....what else is there

Lawson dropping new music which is where i'm leaning. I mean Tori and Bobby announcing the gender makes sense but what doesn't make sense is announcing it on the facebook live that hardly anyone watches. that seems like something that would be televised like the pregnancy announcement 

The announcement might be to tune in next week (or on XYZ date) to find out the sex?

I don't think we'll get a big announcement like an engagement or pregnancy via Facebook live, but I could see the announcement being "tune in to find out who's having a baby!" Or similar.

7 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

A Bates kid going to a real college. Gil having a real job.  Kelly being able to name all her kids. Gil and Kelly doing some real parenting. The younger Bates kids getting send off to public school so they have a chance to get a real education.

Stuff like this would be worth a big announcement. 

On 6/19/2018 at 5:03 PM, ariel9 said:

My Guesses for the “Big News” are

1.) Zachney #3. They’re overdue for an announcement. Whit seems nostalgic for the baby days of Kaci. No straight on full body photo on IG since April. Did not do amusement park rides when they went to the amusement park.Additionally vow renewal videos have been moving, no stand still videos, along with a high waisted dress. The vow renewal seems to be a good time to announce. I’m not trying to body shame Whit but if you wanted to cut down on speculation it makes sense to wear different things or not do full body photos unless you want to  give away the news before you can announce. It’s suspicious to have one preggo in the family 

2.) Bori gender reveal. Last big event to generate news. 

3.) Carlin is engaged. UP has teased it. They hinted at engagement worthy photos at the family trip to myrtle beach. Plus has Carlin been quiet about wanting a ring? Why want what you already have?

4.) Josie and Kelton engaged. Carlin will burst into flames but the seem ready. 

5.) any of the courting age children getting to know someone. 

Ding ding youre right.  I think they put a video up by mistake this morning and i saw it and Whit and Zach said they are expecting.  Now the video is gone.  But i wasnt drinking lol when I watched it.

12 minutes ago, Nodaknorskie said:

Ding ding youre right.  I think they put a video up by mistake this morning and i saw it and Whit and Zach said they are expecting.  Now the video is gone.  But i wasnt drinking lol when I watched it.

So weird they would announce a Zachany pregnancy before announcing the Smith baby gender. 

I feel like I had to say something about my suspicions before it was announced. After it would have been “sure that’s what you thought”. The next question is which of the marrieds will join her. We know that Erin and Ally waste no time. 

So do we still think we’re going to see the Zachney baby announcement tonight? Maybe it was accidentally posted really early? They already announced the BoRi baby gender.  

26 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

So do we still think we’re going to see the Zachney baby announcement tonight? Maybe it was accidentally posted really early? They already announced the BoRi baby gender.  

it will be interesting to see though I wonder if they will announce it on the Live or just say watch BUB? I would guess the second.  If they are announcing they will probably be announcing name and gender. most of the times that's how the Bates roll. 

On 6/19/2018 at 5:03 PM, ariel9 said:

Josie and Kelton engaged. Carlin will burst into flames but the seem ready. 

This is the only thing I would want to see out of the choices.:pb_lol:  I really don't think Carlin would be able to keep sweet if Josie got engaged first.

IMO Josie and Kelton seem more mature than Carlin and what's his name. (Honestly, they are all starting to look interchangeable to me).

9 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

This is the only thing I would want to see out of the choices.:pb_lol:  I really don't think Carlin would be able to keep sweet if Josie got engaged first.

IMO Josie and Kelton seem more mature than Carlin and what's his name. (Honestly, they are all starting to look interchangeable to me).

I think they will get engaged first but I don't think we'll get an engagement notice until after Josie's 19th birthday so Aug 4th would be the earliest I would expect to see one. 

So...that was that right? The BORI announcement in the middle of the day was the announcement right? 

10 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

So...that was that right? The BORI announcement in the middle of the day was the announcement right? 

well we may still be getting an announcement I seems there may have been a zachany video posted early this morning that was quickly taken down. I guess we'll see. 

the announcement seems to just have been the Bobby and Tori baby Gender/Name nothing else. so if Zachany is pregnant I doubt that will be announced till the season finale.  

Well, Katie is getting flying lessons (from her brother, but still, thats a surprising new). I thought the flying was reserved for the boys.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived