IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

They’re a bit like m&ms - chocolate with a coloured sugar shell

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And U.S smarties here are called Rockets. Smarties come in a nut free multi pack with Aero, Coffee crisp, and  Kit Kat. Very popular Halloween candy. 

11 hours ago, Meggo said:

Disagree!! There is something perfume-y about chocolate smarties. Give me m&ms any day.

(full disclaimer- I am an American living in Canada probably permanently but definitely the last 16 years)

Fair point, but you do agree that they're not 'just like' one another.  That's the part that really grinds my gears.  I prefer Smarties because they're a milk chocolate, whereas M&Ms are a semi-sweet chocolate.

2 hours ago, Nargus said:

Fair point, but you do agree that they're not 'just like' one another.  That's the part that really grinds my gears.  I prefer Smarties because they're a milk chocolate, whereas M&Ms are a semi-sweet chocolate.

Wait, what? Regular M&Ms are milk chocolate, aren't they?

11 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Wait, what? Regular M&Ms are milk chocolate, aren't they?

I think so. I think the mini M&M’s are dark chocolate.

4 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

What do your smarties look/taste like? The smarties I'm thinking of look kind of like vitamins but are completely sugar. They're like pixie sticks, but it tablet form.  They'd never be used for lipstick, and I don't think I've ever seen a brown one. (I'm from the US)

I think we are thinking of Sweet-tarts. I was really confused for awhile... 

32 minutes ago, mrs said:

I think we are thinking of Sweet-tarts. I was really confused for awhile... 

She's talking about these:

smarties-classic-candy-rolls-5lb-7.gif

Smarties have a thicker, harder shell that takes longer to dissolve. I don't like them for that reason.

15 hours ago, Jellybean said:

I don’t know how I would feel about infidelity. I always thought I’d be a ‘zero tolerance’ type, but having been with my husband for almost 15 years, I might think differently. I think it would depend on the nature of it, and how prepared we both were to work hard to try to fix things. 

Couldn’t agree more. I always thought I’d be really hard. Now I’m not sure. I’d be hurt and angry but I don’t think I’d throw away our life together without a fight. I hope neither of us have to find out. :my_heart:

4 hours ago, Nargus said:

In Sweden we have a version with dark chocolate called Non Stop and they are my favourites. Am actually eating some right now! :)

Confession though: When I was a teenager you could buy Smarties in a tube with a lid at a youth club I attended. The lid was red, green, yellow or blue and had a letter from a to z on it. I collected the lids and still have them. Hundreds of them. I didn’t eat all of the Smarties, but I ate MANY. Pretty sure that collection is why I’m fat. 

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

She's talking about these:

smarties-classic-candy-rolls-5lb-7.gif

Mmmmmmmm. (American) Smarties.

We had to buy GryffindorDisappointment a TON of Smarties when we were in the UK. English chocolate is much preferable to American chocolate (especially Hershey's, which is shite).

Also, fruit pastilles. I think 3 pounds of my luggage weight was her candy. lol

Oh man. Love me some Smarties, one of the candies I miss eating the most. 

7 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Oh man. Love me some Smarties, one of the candies I miss eating the most. 

My I present to you the SlytherinCouple's lifesaver:  https://www.britishcornershop.co.uk  

We order every month or six weeks, and order enough that the £19.99 delivery charge is "worth it" (however you want to interpret that). We can get up to 30kg of food delivered for that amount. And yes, I've ordered Walker's crisps and they make it just fine. :)

A lady I worked with in the USA is currently visiting so I’ve been going through all the British foods she needs to try. There have been some miscommunications but she likes fish and chips, Sunday roast, a full English, smarties, minstrels, aero and wispa. Just need to do tikka masala and fruit pastilles and my work here is done. 

Also it means I get to gorge myself on dove salted caramel, fruit lifesavers and jolly ranchers which were my junk food of choice over there. And she brought me tons of kool-aid since I wanted to try it  

(British junk food is better though, sorry!)

@victoriasponge- I just can't do a Full English. Beans and fried tomatoes? No. And honestly, I can't stomach English sausages - the texture is just way "off" for me. Yall's bacon is weird too (it's HAM, ok??? lol). So, when it's breakfast time there, I generally just have eggs, bacon, and toast. DH can wolf down a Full English in NO time. lol

@SapphireSlytherin I’m a veggie so you’re speaking to the wrong gal :my_angel: but I preferred our bacon and I liked our sausages back in the day.

Also fried tomatoes and baked beans are gorgeous. I don’t even care. We’re trying to get her to try baked beans on toast but she’s not having it so far. Too posh for poor meals I guess :pb_lol:

Beans on toast is one of DH's favoUrite meals. Luckily, we can get Heinz Beanz here at some stores (but they cost almost $3/can!!!). :)  

Don't get me wrong - I like your bacon, but I grew up on streaky bacon, so YOUR bacon is ham to me. :) 

The Full English "argument" is one DH and I have frequently. haha

4 hours ago, victoriasponge said:

A lady I worked with in the USA is currently visiting so I’ve been going through all the British foods she needs to try. There have been some miscommunications but she likes fish and chips, Sunday roast, a full English, smarties, minstrels, aero and wispa. Just need to do tikka masala and fruit pastilles and my work here is done.

Don't forget Marmite, HP Sauce and custard.

21 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Don't forget Marmite

I wouldn't inflict that wretched stuff on my worst enemy

except maybe smuggar

I did not need to know there are 4 pack of Cadbury Flake. Oh and then I went and searched gluten free on the link @SapphireSlytherin shared. I do not need to know these products exist.  Mind you there is a UK import store maybe 10 minutes from me, but not a lot of gluten free. When I want candy, that's where I go.

I did not need to see the gluten free Hob Nobs, oatcakes, crumpets, or tea cakes.....must resist!

This thread drift is why I will probably never use the "ignore topic" function -- even if I'm not interested in what Josh & Anna are up to, I don't want the latest-post sneak-peek to disappear from my Unread Topics list, because then I might miss tasty food conversations or cute kitten pictures!

Infidelity is and always will be end game for me. My husband and I have been together 15 years (18 & 20). Married for 12. 

We are both friends with other men/women, not necessarily the same people. 

I guess we are lucky - our own parents have been married for 37 and 45yrs. We have witnessed stable relationships. 

In Anna’s situation she did not put herself or her children first. She put her sham marriage first. Personally id never have married him in the first place knowing what he did to his sisters. After the ashley madison stuff came out she should have jumped duggar ship quick! Surely she has a supportive family member somewhere??  I’d certainly not want to “make babies” with Josh post scandal (or at all!!). I hope that Anna has healed and actually had counseling. 

3 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

cute kitten pictures!

Happy to provide... our new 10 week old babies - they are brother and sister. 

B59DD9E8-1F4F-4C28-8093-A47B783B3AD5.jpeg

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived