IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

I love alllllll cheeses. Haven't really met one I didn't like.

But I hate bacon (and all pork really) - I do not understand why people insist on saying "OMG - just try some bacon - it's SO GOOD" - I've been on this earth a long time. I know what bacon, pork chops, ham - I know what it all tastes like. I don't like it. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do have more cheese nowadays, but we also ate it in the past for more than just dessert. Because I like to be contrary, here's a recipe for macaroni and cheese from 1784:

Spoiler

That being said, I completely agree with @AtlanticTug with there being a LOT more cheese in our diets nowadays than in the past. I blame the 1950s, when we got access to so much more processed food and an industrialized cheese industry (like velveeta). Plus, all the stuff on those Tasty videos... I love cheese, but does it have to be on everything? Some of the recipes look good, but most just look like an overpowering dairy-fueled heart attack on a plate.

I wish I didn’t love cheese as much as I do. I love it, my stomach and digestive tract not so much. Life would be much easier if I just didn’t love cheese. 

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

I tried some vegan provolone and it’s was pretty good. Are you ok with soy-based, etc., cheeses, maybe?? 

I've tried several vegan cheeses and I've even taken a vegan cheese class but I still haven't found one I like yet.

I do like Daiya cheese. I really love cashew cheese too; I don't think it actually tastes like cheese, but it's delicious in its own way!

I was out for lunch with my two good friends. The place was a salad/soup buffet. After our meal we went to the dessert section... as they ooh and aah-ed over the brownies and soft serve ice cream, I was thrilled to see cottage cheese (it wasn't with the salad buffet). Guess what my dessert was? They were both aghast that I would chose that! 

48 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I do like Daiya cheese. I really love cashew cheese too; I don't think it actually tastes like cheese, but it's delicious in its own way!

I tried almond cheese a few times. It was okay. 

6 hours ago, TZmom said:

I've tried several vegan cheeses and I've even taken a vegan cheese class but I still haven't found one I like yet.

Same for me. 

10 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Speaking of cheese — Josh looks to be approaching 250 pounds if not 300  in a family photo I saw recently! It was pre-Felicity. Holy smoke. He wore a white shirt and Anna was standing in front of him — and she covered barely half his expanse. 

Compulsive overeater, here, and I think I know one when I see one.  His parents should be mortified at how they mishandled their children’s lives, from Josh on down. 

Well he's probably on a pretty short leash after the Ashley Madison scandal and some people always have to have a vice.

24 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Well he's probably on a pretty short leash after the Ashley Madison scandal and some people always have to have a vice.

I looked at the photo again and hoo boy — the way the Josh family are set way off to the side reminds me of Steve Maxwell’s “family” photo where Teri’s parents were way off to the side in their chairs, easily cropped out. 

Same with Josh, Anna and their kids. Not only is there space between them and the rest of the family, if they were trimmed out of the photo, Those Lousy Excuses For Parents (JB&M)  will be smackdab centered. No need for camera flares — just cut those unfortunate Josh-adjacents RIGHT OUT of the picture!!! 

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Gjtost is food of Gods . Nuff said

So I goggled this and it sounds awesome.  Taste like caramel fudge they say.  Does it?  I want some.

10 hours ago, Meggo said:

I love alllllll cheeses. Haven't really met one I didn't like.

But I hate bacon (and all pork really) - I do not understand why people insist on saying "OMG - just try some bacon - it's SO GOOD" - I've been on this earth a long time. I know what bacon, pork chops, ham - I know what it all tastes like. I don't like it. 

Cheese isn't a favorite of mine.  I will eat cheese if it is melted or an ingredient.  Just eating a cube of cheese?  No, can't do that.  I do enjoy brie cheese with pepper jelly on crackers (especially on New Year's Eve).  Blue and feta are also in the "go" cheese zone for me.  Cream cheese really grosses me out.

I hate bacon too!  Mostly I hate the smell.  I will put bacon on a sandwich, but only if it is "leftovers" that has been in the fridge and doesn't stink anymore.  Ham is just horrible, can't eat it.  I can eat pork chops.  

Cracker Barrel is a restaurant I would not go to again (except for the store!) because I don't like PORK IN ALL THE FOOD.  They put pork in everything and I hate that $hit.  While expressing my opinion about this recently, my co-worker asked me if I was "from here".  Yep, I am.  I legit don't like pork.  

On 8/30/2018 at 6:13 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

Nothing like some hot scrambled eyes with cheese. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Not sure if we're still on the cheese topic but I adore cheese and Scrambled eggs and cheese used to be one of my favorite dishes. Then I got horrific food poisoning in Vietnam and narrowly avoided a hospital stay after eating eggs and haven't been able to eat eggs since. 

I love cheese! Camembert, Gouda, stilton, gruyere... Any cheese! I had a learning curve with goat cheese, but now Iove it too. Last year I made some chutneys which taste good with hard cheese. And I eat sweet jam on top of some cheese, I really like this combination. My mum eats this, that's why I eat cheese with jam. I think I got used to goat cheese because I ate it with loads of jam at first, and then I reduced the amount of jam...

9 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

So I goggled this and it sounds awesome.  Taste like caramel fudge they say.  Does it?  I want some.

Oh it does indeed. I call it cheese candy or cheese crack. Once I start eating some I never want to stop

Speaking of cheese, Josh looks like he's been eating alot of it. Not poking fun because my mid section has took a big hit because of my addiction to a new, local Mod's Pizza joint that opened late spring. Can't seem to stay out of there. Diet starts "after" Labor Day. 

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

If I ever get married I want to have the cheese wedding cake.

I did have a cheese wedding cake!! 30 years ago, and to look at it, you would have thought it was a traditional cake, but nope, cheese!  Even the flowers!  

Side note--you know how folks keep the top tier to eat on their first anniversary?  Well, we also did this, and cheese cake freezes very well.  We actually enjoyed having our cake and a glass of wine one year later

cheese....yes! I prefer cheddar, monterey jack, provolone, queso blanco, cream cheese. Not thrilled about blue cheese, the look just grosses me out. 

HOWEVER...do NOT EVER get near me with Limberger cheese...that shit is only good for chemical warfare. 

We were on a cruise this summer and my sister ordered the Cheese tray. She took a fairly large portion of a soft looking cheese and then had the worst look on her face and her eyes teamed up. It was Munster Cheese. Definitely tastes of barn floor! 

On 8/31/2018 at 10:24 AM, TZmom said:

I feel you. I've been try to transition to veganism for a while now and had no problem cutting out eggs and most dairy. But I can NOT stop eating cheese. After A particularly rough week while trying to eliminate cheese from my diet, i actually had a sobbing meltdown in my kitchen because I wanted cheese so much. 

I’ve been vegan for six years and my favorite vegan cheese is the Chao brand. The Creamy Original flavor is excellent slightly melted on a Field Roast burger or in homemade mac and cheese. The new Daiya cutting board shreds are great on pizza. 

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

cheese....yes! I prefer cheddar, monterey jack, provolone, queso blanco, cream cheese. Not thrilled about blue cheese, the look just grosses me out. 

HOWEVER...do NOT EVER get near me with Limberger cheese...that shit is only good for chemical warfare. 

My dad loved it and once in a very blue (or should I say bleu) moon my mom would buy it. Nasty ? stuff. I never understood how anyone would want to eat something that smelled like filthy feet 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived