IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

Finally got a pic of Tiger, as she nearly flipped herself backwards down the stairs. She was 1 of 4 that we took in at just 18 hours old and bottle fed. She just turned a year and she is still TINY. Yes, her head is very disproportionate to her body! LOL!

20180703_020122.jpg

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t have cats as Dad is allergic :cry: The closest I get is your photos or daft cat memes/lolcats.

So I have guinea pigs instead. They do get on fairly well, except they occasionally get in each other’s personal space a bit, and start squeaking at each other. The most stupid thing is when they do this thing called “rumblestrutting”, ie when they make a sort of purring noise and stalk around slowly waving their gigantic butts from side-to-side. It’s not scary in the slightest; whoever isn’t doing it doesn’t seem to give a rat’s ass.

Our current pair are easily our most timid, particularly Grace (the brown one). If I speak to her, or sometimes even just move near the cage, or heck even look at her, WHOOSH she’s gone to hide. And God help me if I open the cage door to clean it out; this is what happens. Grace is very much of the “I can’t see you so you can’t see me” school of thought.

842C1457-0F37-4EA2-AA97-1BD19FB669EA.thumb.jpeg.f20a3684e55df9e8c809963afbf5cfb5.jpeg

Fudge and Darwin were our original pair; my then ten-year-old brother had recently seen the movie G-Force and named Darwin after the main character (it involves guineas). 

Fudge doing her favourite thing ever (stuffing her face with hay):

Spoiler

FDFD03E8-195F-41D3-B5F3-DBFE17D9E3BF.jpeg.ebb5b05477e6174be248bf2440c406e6.jpeg

Darwin:

Spoiler

6B0EC3B3-800B-4462-89C6-6744F50BA75C.thumb.jpeg.773cf48eb2fb25b78fb90b6d8ce28ecc.jpeg

Fudge had to be put down due to illness when she was about 2. We then acquired Toffee and Pepper. Toffee is the brown one and Pepper the grey one. Apologies for the poop; the box is what we put them in whilst we’re cleaning the cage.

Spoiler

FB609EAA-ADC8-4194-85AD-5691D1A77139.jpeg.45a99b3ca4cc41af0646bb361e7dcb27.jpeg

When Darwin died, these two had each other. Pepper died about two years ago, so we got Katie and Grace for Toffee. Guineas do best in pairs or groups. When we get a new pair, we keep the new pair apart from the old one for a bit to make sure there are no illnesses or whenever (when we first had to do this, we looked up how to introduce guineas and this tip came up). You then introduce them on neutral territory before putting them in a clean cage. 

This is my favourite photo of Darwin, Toffee and Pepper. Guinea pigs LOVE food and get very excited when they realise it’s coming; i rustle a plastic bag and yell PIGGIES! Of course, if someone rustles a bag for any other reason (eg a bin bag, or crisps) they get excited for no reason... so dumb.

Spoiler

9ED4F3B2-376B-47EF-9845-A4B6AF94C581.thumb.jpeg.b3db0305b4bfb81cfc3afc39e8942637.jpeg

Once again, CDAN is not a reliable source for ANY information. Their disclaimer:

Spoiler

CRAZY DAYS AND NIGHTS IS A GOSSIP SITE. THE SITE PUBLISHES RUMORS, CONJECTURE, AND FICTION. IN ADDITION TO ACCURATELY REPORTED INFORMATION, CERTAIN SITUATIONS, CHARACTERS AND EVENTS PORTRAYED IN THE BLOG ARE EITHER PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR'S IMAGINATION OR ARE USED FICTITIOUSLY. INFORMATION ON THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN ERRORS OR INACCURACIES; THE BLOG'S PROPRIETOR DOES NOT MAKE WARRANTY AS TO THE CORRECTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE SITE'S CONTENT.

I wish people would stop posting their bs, it’s really annoying.

4 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Once again, CDAN is not a reliable source for ANY information. Their disclaimer:

Reveal hidden contents

CRAZY DAYS AND NIGHTS IS A GOSSIP SITE. THE SITE PUBLISHES RUMORS, CONJECTURE, AND FICTION. IN ADDITION TO ACCURATELY REPORTED INFORMATION, CERTAIN SITUATIONS, CHARACTERS AND EVENTS PORTRAYED IN THE BLOG ARE EITHER PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR'S IMAGINATION OR ARE USED FICTITIOUSLY. INFORMATION ON THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN ERRORS OR INACCURACIES; THE BLOG'S PROPRIETOR DOES NOT MAKE WARRANTY AS TO THE CORRECTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE SITE'S CONTENT.

I wish people would stop posting their bs, it’s really annoying.

My apologies I’m not sure how to delete but maybe you can flag the post if you want it deleted.

25 minutes ago, muggleborn said:

My apologies I’m not sure how to delete but maybe you can flag the post if you want it deleted.

Sorry, I realize my post came off as too harsh. I just see their stuff posted on here (and tumblr) pretty often.

:text-imsorry:

On 7/3/2018 at 11:06 AM, mango_fandango said:

I can’t have cats as Dad is allergic :cry: The closest I get is your photos or daft cat memes/lolcats.

So I have guinea pigs instead. They do get on fairly well, except they occasionally get in each other’s personal space a bit, and start squeaking at each other. The most stupid thing is when they do this thing called “rumblestrutting”, ie when they make a sort of purring noise and stalk around slowly waving their gigantic butts from side-to-side. It’s not scary in the slightest; whoever isn’t doing it doesn’t seem to give a rat’s ass.

Our current pair are easily our most timid, particularly Grace (the brown one). If I speak to her, or sometimes even just move near the cage, or heck even look at her, WHOOSH she’s gone to hide. And God help me if I open the cage door to clean it out; this is what happens. Grace is very much of the “I can’t see you so you can’t see me” school of thought.

842C1457-0F37-4EA2-AA97-1BD19FB669EA.thumb.jpeg.f20a3684e55df9e8c809963afbf5cfb5.jpeg

Fudge and Darwin were our original pair; my then ten-year-old brother had recently seen the movie G-Force and named Darwin after the main character (it involves guineas). 

Fudge doing her favourite thing ever (stuffing her face with hay):

Hide contents

FDFD03E8-195F-41D3-B5F3-DBFE17D9E3BF.jpeg.ebb5b05477e6174be248bf2440c406e6.jpeg

Darwin:

Hide contents

6B0EC3B3-800B-4462-89C6-6744F50BA75C.thumb.jpeg.773cf48eb2fb25b78fb90b6d8ce28ecc.jpeg

Fudge had to be put down due to illness when she was about 2. We then acquired Toffee and Pepper. Toffee is the brown one and Pepper the grey one. Apologies for the poop; the box is what we put them in whilst we’re cleaning the cage.

Hide contents

FB609EAA-ADC8-4194-85AD-5691D1A77139.jpeg.45a99b3ca4cc41af0646bb361e7dcb27.jpeg

Hide contents

9ED4F3B2-376B-47EF-9845-A4B6AF94C581.thumb.jpeg.b3db0305b4bfb81cfc3afc39e8942637.jpeg

That last picture melted my heart!!!!! I love love love animals and currently at my apartment I can't have dogs (which are my true love). I'm allergic to cats so I've been thinking about getting guinea pigs. I haven't decided for sure yet but I've been doing alot of research on them. I NEED something to love & take care of. I live alone and it's so so lonely. Yours are adorable!!!

Thanks for the stories and pictures of your furbabies, everyone. :group-hug:

I'm going through a hard time, and the pics have warmed my heart. 

Have I shared photos of my grandhogger?

This is GryffindorDisappointment's hedgehog:

fullsizeoutput_c37.jpeg

44 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

fullsizeoutput_c37.jpeg

SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! Adorable!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!  Today was kinda rough and this made me so happy!!!!

Latest foster kittens, all growed up and 2 adopted into furever homes now.  The little grey and white Spumoni got very sick but is all well now :)

Spumoni, Cannoli and Tortoni  

E407A69C-5B13-498F-AF49-FA538573800E.jpeg

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

fullsizeoutput_c37.jpeg

Well hello there cutie pie! Love all your beautiful pet pics! I want a kitttttty so bad but Mr. Eyes seems to think we have our hands full with kids and work and stuff :/. Here is our beardy! #compromise 

61A65132-0FEA-4A2D-ADD7-098C5D65053C.jpeg

I think I’d like a bearded dragon after our cat crosses the rainbow bridge. He’s getting older. With kids I just don’t want another big pet to deal with.  I have had all sorts of pets but never one of those and they seem like my type of pet. 

I was just hoping for a place to show this...maggiepuddle.thumb.jpg.2525488bf9e0bc744c480cae9976265f.jpg  Maggie enjoying a mud puddle to cool down

@Yaoichan12 Here's to 12 great years with your beautiful girl! Every moment with them is so precious and the loss is so hard to take.  :hug:

9 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I recently lost my girl after 12 years together. The last pic of her enjoying the sunshine :)

IMG_20180629_101559477.jpg

I am so so sorry you lost your furbaby. We lost our golden mix two years ago and I know how much it hurts.

18 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I recently lost my girl after 12 years together. The last pic of her enjoying the sunshine :)

She was adorable. Sorry for your loss. 

17 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I’m so sorry to hear that. Goldens are the best and your girl looked so lovely.

29 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I'm so sorry! Lovely picture though, she's gorgeous. It is so hard when they pass :(

My monster, Jackson and my kitty, Toothless. Jack is 85 pounds and just turned 10 months. He has enough energy to power a small country, but he's my baby. Toothless is still adapting to not completely ruling the roost. Both are cuddle bugs. We call it asault cuddles...as they have a tendency to maul you in love. Jack hasn't figured out his size yet.20180628_135705.thumb.jpg.9efb828875435da633d9389bccaff68f.jpg

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived