IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

Does "willingness to molest sisters" count as a character trait? I also think "willingness to abuse his wife by cheating on her" is up there.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheating is an action that usually  follows when having a character trait like dishonesty, manipulation,  hypocrisy and cowardice and so on.

I suspect Jim Bob went into damage control mode about two seconds after the Ashley Madison news hit the fan, and it included getting Anna and the M's out of public reach ASAP.  Last things I believe he wanted was for Anna to be seen freaking out in public, being quoted in the news, or effectively reducing the Duggar numbers by taking her kids far away and divorcing Josh's ass.  I think she was supported by the Duggars, but also encouraged over time to take him back.  I doubt she was given enough time to herself to make any realistic plans to leave.  This way she gets to manage her problem-headship vs. either Jim Bob being stuck with the job or Josh taking off and potentially causing even more scandal, and the Duggars still appear to be a cohesive family.

13 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I suspect Jim Bob went into damage control mode about two seconds after the Ashley Madison news hit the fan, and it included getting Anna and the M's out of public reach ASAP.  Last things I believe he wanted was for Anna to be seen freaking out in public, being quoted in the news, or effectively reducing the Duggar numbers by taking her kids far away and divorcing Josh's ass.  I think she was supported by the Duggars, but also encouraged over time to take him back.  I doubt she was given enough time to herself to make any realistic plans to leave.  This way she gets to manage her problem-headship vs. either Jim Bob being stuck with the job or Josh taking off and potentially causing even more scandal, and the Duggars still appear to be a cohesive family.

There is probably some truth to this, but I still think a lot of us project what we think Anna should want instead of what she actually does want. Nothing pre-scandal indicates that Anna would ever want anything besides Josh being the provider, being a housewife, and having as many babies as possible. I think she definitely felt betrayed and hurt by Josh's actions, but I don't think we have any reason to believe that she ever so much as thought the word divorce. Everthing she's said or done indicates nothing but complete unflinching support for the Quiverfull lifestyle and Christain patriarchy. 

11 minutes ago, BernRul said:

There is probably some truth to this, but I still think a lot of us project what we think Anna should want instead of what she actually does want. Nothing pre-scandal indicates that Anna would ever want anything besides Josh being the provider, being a housewife, and having as many babies as possible. I think she definitely felt betrayed and hurt by Josh's actions, but I don't think we have any reason to believe that she ever so much as thought the word divorce. Everthing she's said or done indicates nothing but complete unflinching support for the Quiverfull lifestyle and Christain patriarchy. 

All of this. It is absolutley possible for someone to be both a victim and a perpetrator. Anna is a victim of her upbringing. By passing it on to her children, she is just, kind of, sort of, some degree of perpetrator as well. Josh is a much more serious perpetrator than Anna. He is technically a victim of sorts, of willful educational neglect and having his childhood sold. 

@kiwi they are just the CUTEST babies!!! Ours didn't stay little for long. They'll be 4 next month. Big Stoopid is laying on me right now...he's gonna lose it when I go to work tomorrow, 

14 minutes ago, kiwi said:

@feministxtian they are gorgeous! Our two are never far apart these days! 

DFE6359D-91B7-4C87-8E22-5349765BE707.jpeg

Please send them to me I’ll gladly pay for shipping 

5 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Please send them to me I’ll gladly pay for shipping 

Im afraid the kids (read: me) might miss them awfully 

EDC17973-BFE5-4163-A1E2-C84EEED559DF.jpeg

Spoiler

28F50FFF-7CEE-4CD6-9915-957A30E6F54A.jpeg

Spoiler

E5F51099-932E-4481-853E-0ABEB27E87A9.jpeg

I’m so jealous of those sweet cuddling kitty’s. Closest my two have ever come to cuddling is when one pushed the other off of my legs while I was napping to claim me lol!1159854C-CB8D-4BBD-B2EC-D839618228C9.thumb.jpeg.fc3f06e97ce21758c72aedda876415dd.jpeg

Cuddle cats are the best. I'm lucky, my guys are madly in love, can't keep their paws off eachother. Sometimes I even get dual snuggles :kitty-wink: I'm sure the Duggars and their ilk wouldn't approve of gay kittehs any more than they do gay people, good thing for them, the cats don't care what stoopid hoomins think or there would be a flaming bag of cat poo left of someone's front step.

20180508_165523.jpg

I’m pretty biast but they are bloody cute. Best thing we ever did was to get siblings, these two had been abandoned and hand reared at a vet clinic from approx 10 days old - so they have an especially close bond, they “mother” each other - grooming each other, etc.

We have a two story house with living/kithen/dining downstairs and another living upstairs (where I hang out), I often have one kitten upstairs with me snuggled down and can hear the other meowing out to try and find its sibling. Within minutes I have both asleep on me. I think I may just have more kitten photos on my phone than kid ones at this point, oops!

1 hour ago, Kittikatz said:

Cuddle cats are the best. I'm lucky, my guys are madly in love, can't keep their paws off each other. Sometimes I even get dual snuggles :kitty-wink:

When I was a teenager, we had 2 unrelated neutered male kitties that were just the best buddies in the world. They were the only unrelated kitties I've known that would cuddle and groom each other. (Most of the snuggle buddies I've known were siblings, like @kiwi's two, or a mother and child.) The older male kitty was like a parent/partner to the younger male. Even though that was back in the "film camera" days, I still have lots of pics of them snuggled up. :changing_color_heart:

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? we are very lucky - the guys didn't even meet until they were three and two years old. Q - the white and orange fellow - had a rather tragic start to his life. He is quite neurotic and can be unstable as a result. Q and my old cat got along beautifully, but when that cat passed away, Q retreated to my closet and refused to come out except to run to the litter box and back. I was at a loss as to what to do when I came across an ad from the tuxedo cat's person - due to circumstances beyond her control, she was looking to re-home him. A week later I drove seven hours to pick K up and bring him home. I had told Q that K was coming to live with us, and showed the little guy K's picture on the tablet. We sat in the closet everynight that week and talked about K and before long, Q was licking K's picture. The morning I left, I told Q that I was going to get K and Q actually left the closet and skuttled out to the chair in the front entryway. When I carried K into the house Q was still sitting on the chair. I leaned down so he could sniff K, and Q gave him a lick on the face. K looked shocked, but within five minutes they were playing. An hour later they had collapsed in a pile, and the rest is history. Q and I are so lucky we were able to bring K home. I don't know what we would do without him.

Our two can barely tolerate being within three feet of each other. In fact, Lola just hissed at Max for walking past her.

Our third cat, who died several years ago, loved Max. Both Third and Max are gay, and they were always snuggled up together. Or:  Third would be humping Max (never the other way around, and frequently in our front picture window). lol

(Edit - all our cats are altered)

Just about all of my cats can barely tolerate each other.Mimi hissed at Boots because he got too close to her.She ran upstairs,he followed,wanting to play.They are from the same litter,sometimes she will tolerate him,even grooming him.Shadow is in the sunroom,in a cat bed.Tebo is sleeping on the couch.Lulu is sleeping in chair in the dining room.Leo is sitting right behind me,Mattie has just walked off,probably to find a place to sleep.She likes my bed,as does Boots.

I have two (cat) boys born about six months or so apart and while they are competitive over our attention, they do groom each other (and lick each other's butts) and play fight frequently. We got the second in hopes they could keep each other company while we go out of town.  We love our boys <3

I hope my two kitties become friends some day. We got a kitten about two months ago and our older cat still hates her. Poor baby cat just wants a friend to play with!

Weird animal relationship anecdote from the vault:

My darling bunny had a “spirited” relationship with our parakeet.  The bird could fly down from his cage to the top of the rabbit cage. He had toys up there. Eventually, he figured out that the rabbit treat food was similar to his food (seeds and pellets and things), Then he figured out that he fit in between the wires. One day I came upon them both in the cage and bunny had tail feathers in his mouth. 

After that we had to monitor them.. and bunny took to chasing parakeet around the living room (his wings were clipped). Birds can have an inflated sense of self-importance in the familial and pet dynamic

Pets are the best thing ever! I am a cat lady 100% AND I have a Dog! I love my pets all soooooooo much! My Dog is the most loyal girl I've ever met in my life, such a sweet thing. My cats are 11 years apart and will sit together. Old one will even lick young one sometimes. However, if little kitty (nearly 3) is carrying on like a pork chop, the older boy will have nothing to do with it.

As for the cats with the Dog, Older one has Dog bluffed and little one learning to like the Dog.

Yesterday I shared the news of Justice Kennedy's retirement with these three (the brilliant black and white one is named Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the calico is Elena Kagan). After the initial shock, they huddled together in righteous indignation and completely projected all of their hostility on to me. 

IMG_2874.JPG

I am a little jealous of everyone whose cats get along with other each other!

We took in a second cat for a friend so he is a little older then our original cat. They don't fight but for the most part they don't want anything to do with each other beyond occasionally being in the same room. It has been about a month. They did nap on opposite ends of the couch once, so that is a start I suppose!

48 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I see you have a black kitty. Black kitties are THE BEST. :) 

I’m currently watching 2 black kitties along with their Golden Retriever brother. They kitties are just so cute! 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived