IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

I wonder if Anna and Jill are close. They could bond over how everybody thinks their husbands are losers.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I wonder if Anna and Jill are close. They could bond over how everybody thinks their husbands are losers.

I’ve wondered if things are really awkward between Anna and Jill et al over Josh’s smarminess 

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

I’ve wondered if things are really awkward between Anna and Jill et al over Josh’s smarminess 

Jill and Anna are both on the Josh forgiveness train I doubt it's that awkward hell we know Derick and Jill had Lunch with Josh not that long ago. 

The whole family just had JBs birthday lunch at a restaurant with him front and center.Its not like they are ostracizing or refuse to be seen with him. 

3 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

The whole family just had JBs birthday lunch at a restaurant with him front and center.Its not like they are ostracizing or refuse to be seen with him. 

They don't seem to really shun Joshass at all.  For public and TLC reasons, yes.  But, not IRL.  

I still can't believe that douche bag is still silent and hiding behind his sisters, parents and wife.  COWARD. Oh, he tried to sue and that publicity was acceptable to him because money( greed).  What if he did win? Public opinion would not change, opportunities would still be zero but he would have more money.  Says a lot.  

Honestly anything he did say publicly would change absolutely nothing and probably just make things worse for the family by dragging it all back up once again. Best he stay out of the spotlight permanently . 

47 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Honestly anything he did say publicly would change absolutely nothing and probably just make things worse for the family by dragging it all back up once again. Best he stay out of the spotlight permanently . 

Very true.  It's way too late now.  Nothing good could come from that now.  I just can't get over the interviews and how he was "handled" and protected by mostly women. The ones he hurt even.  You know, the *weak* ones in their culture.  Horrible.  

Josh should have spoken publicly at the time of both scandals and faced the music, people still wouldn't have forgiven him but it would have shown he was at least taking some responsibility for his actions. Hiding behind his parents, his wife and his sisters, shoes everyone how much of a coward he is.

On 5/16/2018 at 1:17 AM, Carm_88 said:

The chocolate is better and the outer shell has a much more satisfying crunch! No idea why! 

British Smarties are a whole level over the Canadian version. Better chocolate, better tasting shell.

8 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Most importantly, it would cause his victims to relive their abuse publicly again - something they never should have had to deal with in the first place. Nothing he could say would justify that in my opinion. 

On 7/10/2018 at 7:50 AM, Yomoaw said:

I work in pharma and actually used to work on my company's birth control portfolio. We did a study that found the average age in the US that a woman is done having children is 26. If a woman can decide on her own to have children and stop at 26, she should also be able to not have children and decide on her own to stop at 26. (or before, obvs.)

ETA - simple average of random sample

Just catching up on this thread - and have to say that if women are having their last child at 26 then it is very obvious that most have access to some sort of good birth control, as they are spending the next 2 decades limiting their fertility ( if they are sexually active, engaged in PIV sex with men - which excludes a fairly large number of women) 

Most sources say that the combination of tubal ligation and vasectomy are the most common form of birth control. Interestingly women in Mississippi have the lowest median age for a tubal ligation - 30. But I assume that’s because they also have children younger. 

Waaaayyyy back in the day I know my dad needed my mom’s consent for a vasectomy, and had a hard time obtaining it.  He was 21 ? They had 2 kids, and my mom reacted horribly to the pill. - BUT- 10 years later, he really wanted a reversal because the new partner wanted Kids. I know in mine, and my parents generation, a LARGE number of people - men and women - who regretted their sterilization decision. Especially if it was made in their early / mid twenties. Almost always because of having new partners. Very few had successful reversals. 

I am always in favor of more informed consent, and waiting periods, for ANY elective medical procedure. 

On 7/19/2018 at 9:07 PM, FaithAndReason said:

Why do they need a helper at the house? There are only 8 Duggars under 18 at the TTH with the youngest being 8 1/2 years old. Seriously Michelle? Take care of your own kids. 

Seriously, Michelle? How about seriously Jim Bob ? They BOTH work from home. I get she’s a checked out mom. I get that they are an openly patriarchal culture. I just wish we didn’t constantly reinforce that.

As to the live in helper / friend  there is nothing wrong with having a tutor help out. Homeschooling, even the half-ass way the Duggar’s do it, is hard work. Supposing that most work is on the computer you still need someone who is good at answering questions, recording progress, helping with difficulties, keeping kids focused etc. with 8 students, I would guess a minimum of 20- 30 hours a week of active teaching.

if they have a friend who enjoys that sort of thing, and is also company for Jana, why not ? 

I like how Mackynzie and Jordyn are besties. I like to think Anna had Jordyn over a lot while the family grappled with the stress of raising Josie when she first came home from the hospital. Nice to see they were involved in the sewing camp. Maybe Anna will get them involved in 4H. I could see her and Jana being 4H Leaders. They have enough kids around to have a decent sized club.

https://www.uaex.edu/4h-youth/

I like the SEEK program; Science Enrichment Education for Kids for homeschoolers. 

20 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Seriously, Michelle? How about seriously Jim Bob ? They BOTH work from home. I get she’s a checked out mom. I get that they are an openly patriarchal culture. I just wish we didn’t constantly reinforce that.

As to the live in helper / friend  there is nothing wrong with having a tutor help out. Homeschooling, even the half-ass way the Duggar’s do it, is hard work. Supposing that most work is on the computer you still need someone who is good at answering questions, recording progress, helping with difficulties, keeping kids focused etc. with 8 students, I would guess a minimum of 20- 30 hours a week of active teaching.

if they have a friend who enjoys that sort of thing, and is also company for Jana, why not ? 

I really wasn't trying to get into a patriarchal debate/conversation. Give me a break. I was merely making a statement towards a woman who "sells" that the mother should be doing the schooling of the children. And the truth of the matter is, in their culture, the woman raises the kids. Not the husband. So while I agree that a husband should be an equal partner in any normal situation, fundies are not a normal situation. SHE was MOTY without ever doing any mothering and still not doing any mothering. I am well aware of the challenges of teaching since I am a teacher. But again....this isn't about real life. This is about the lies they sell but then don't live by them. 

On 7/14/2018 at 4:06 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Sewing camp is awesome!

I can sew anything - seriously. But don't ask me to alter something. Those are two entirely different skills.

I wish I could find a book on how to alter clothing. I can do basic alterations out of necessity (I joke that I'm the size of a lawn gnome - 5' 2" on a good day) but would LOVE instructions on changing more complex garments. 

I wish I could find a book on how to alter clothing. I can do basic alterations out of necessity (I joke that I'm the size of a lawn gnome - 5' 2" on a good day) but would LOVE instructions on changing more complex garments. 

This is why I love YouTube! I’ve found instructional videos there very helpful for sewing projects. I feel your pain about needing alterations. I actually AM the size of a yard gnome (Haha! I’ll have to use this!) I’m 4’10” and very short-waisted. My solution is to only buy from a couple of stores that cater to petite women. I watch for sales and close-outs. It limits choice and can be expensive, but I know that a good fit is the key for me to look decent and feel good about my appearance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 11:56 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

I believe that is Jana's friend Laura I think is her name. I believe she lives with the Duggar's now.  she's been seen a few times on the show notably I remember her helping with I think it was Joy's wedding. 

What is the deal with Laura? Does anybody follow her social Media? She seems to be caught up with the Duggars most of the time. I wonder if anyone knows anything about her family, personal goals etc. 

On 7/11/2018 at 10:39 AM, SweetJuly said:

Naive me assumed it was simply to show that both people in the marriage are ok with what is happening. I do believe that it's best for a relationship if such big decisions are agreed on and accepted by both partners.

But indeed, it does feel very wrong to have the partner's/husband's signature a requirement for the surgery to be performed! That is nobody else's business except for the person who requests the surgery, and the partner's consent should be irrelevant from a legal or medical point of view.

I don’t think anyone but the person having surgery should have to consent to it but I do think it is my business if my husband has a vasectomy. Not my business in a way that needs involvment from anyone outside of our marriage, or that I should be able to stop him from having one (or forcing him to have one), but it is something that I think we should discuss in the same way we discuss other big decisions because we are partners and are planning to spend the rest of our lives together. If he made a decision like that without consulting me at all I would think that we have pretty big problems in our marriage. 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:02 PM, TatiFish9 said:

What is the deal with Laura? Does anybody follow her social Media? She seems to be caught up with the Duggars most of the time. I wonder if anyone knows anything about her family, personal goals etc. 

I don't think anyone knows what's up with Laura. I follow her on Instagram buttttttt that not a lot of help trying to figure out if she's staying with the duggars ( I think she is, whether she's in the girls room or a guest house is unknown) or why she's there instead of hanging with her sister and nephew. I'm just glad jana has a friend near by to be honest. It seems like most of her friend group (Tabitha paine, her sisters, micheal bates etc.) have gotten married already

On 7/23/2018 at 5:28 AM, MathQueen said:

This is why I love YouTube! I’ve found instructional videos there very helpful for sewing projects. I feel your pain about needing alterations. I actually AM the size of a yard gnome (Haha! I’ll have to use this!) I’m 4’10” and very short-waisted. My solution is to only buy from a couple of stores that cater to petite women. I watch for sales and close-outs. It limits choice and can be expensive, but I know that a good fit is the key for me to look decent and feel good about my appearance.

I love YouTube for instructions as well. I taught myself how to crochet from YouTube and then I've been learning other things since.

I have to alter my clothes a lot too. They assume because I am busty, I automatically have broad shoulders and long arms...

On 8/9/2018 at 3:09 PM, Carm_88 said:

I thought that Laura was the new tutor? 

If Laura is the new tutor then those kids don't get much schooling it seems she goes where ever Jana goes usually you see Jana doing something you can be sure Laura is with her. So I don't see how she could teach the littles and be Jana's constant companion 

19 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

The Waller's visited the Duggar's. David took Paul to a father son camp at fort rock and met up with Josh Micheal and Marcus. oh the fun they had including letting five year olds shoot guns. :pb_rollseyes:

https://www.davidlovespriscilla.com/2018/08/12/father-son-camp/

Josh Duggar at a children's camp?  That seems exceedingly unwise.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived