IGNORED

Raquel Strikes Again

dripcurl

Didn't she have some sort of music instagram already that she posted on for a couple months and got bored with? It looks like she has pretty much given up blogging. 

There are a lot of crazy changes happening in my life right now. Some are amazing and incredible and I'm ecstatic about them... While others are more painful and I wish things could be different. 

I'm going to guess that her relationship ended and she is finding out more and more that a fairly uneducated person who avoids any learning opportunity where they might receive even constructive criticism has a hard time finding a job that pays the bills.

• Upvote 5

• 2 months later...

I think Raquel might just give up the whole blog idea in the future. Anyone able to see the other instagram page she made for her "art"? 

What I got out of the latest blog post is that the guy who bought Raquel glasses  and was totally her soul mate broke up with her. She is learning to not write weird blog posts about the guys who break up with her, so that is a big step! Maybe Raquel is actually going to grow up. 

• Upvote 4

I saw her stories post about her other IG for her 'art' but passed on following it.  

What's an industrial piercing? 

She never mentions college or the volunteer work with the kids, it looks like they were fads with a pretty short halflife? 

I'm a bit confused why she just learned in 2018 not to hang out with people who criticize her, remind her of her past and don't tell her that she's awesome all the time. IIRC it was a constant in most of those "don't date him if he has a McJob" lists.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I'm a bit confused why she just learned in 2018 not to hang out with people who criticize her, remind her of her past and don't tell her that she's awesome all the time. IIRC it was a constant in most of those "don't date him if he has a McJob" lists.

It has been a constant in Raquel’s life, and it’s too bad. One of the reasons she lacks growth is likely because she insists on only being surrounded by sycophants. 

The reason it likely keeps coming up is because Raquel lacks the status to keep around continual yes-friends. Eventually, all of her current friends will get tired of playing her games and tolerating her poor behavior, so she has to cut them off and make new friends to avoid confronting any valid criticisms of her character. It’s less of a lesson Raquel keeps learning and more of a cycle she traps herself in, but she can’t admit fault, so every time it’s always a “lesson”.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

Industrial-Piercing.jpg

Gah

I can feel my hair catch on that thing just lookin' at it.

• Upvote 11

12 hours ago, Georgiana said:

One of the reasons she lacks growth is likely because she insists on only being surrounded by sycophants. 

She really does. She doesn't seem to keep friends or boyfriends long. She expects that people will tolerate her poor behavior while stating she will tolerate nothing but perfection and adoration from others. She justifies this by saying she is an Aries and can't help it, but in reality she is just selfish and rude. 

Followers have been asking me to talk about my last year -

What followers? Her last blog posts have no comments at all. She actually had a pretty good blog following and could have done something with that.  Like with most things in her life she didn't follow through. 

• Upvote 8

On 1/4/2019 at 5:58 AM, formergothardite said:

I think Raquel might just give up the whole blog idea in the future. Anyone able to see the other instagram page she made for her "art"? 

What I got out of the latest blog post is that the guy who bought Raquel glasses  and was totally her soul mate broke up with her. She is learning to not write weird blog posts about the guys who break up with her, so that is a big step! Maybe Raquel is actually going to grow up. 

With the new piercings and the photo she reminds me of every other generic Portlander. Given where I think her chuch is, when we realized she’d switched, she reminded me of Jill D. and her piercing and pants. Plus the angst. I think she’s still morphing. Now she’s a downtown worship leader, styling herself to walk among the heathen masses - while working at her chain coffee shop.

• Upvote 4

I think she’s working at someplace that not Dutch Bros.  One of her IG stories referenced that  she’s a manager.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

I think she’s working at someplace that not Dutch Bros.  One of her IG stories referenced that  she’s a manager.  

Black Rock Coffee. So many places one could get coffee. So many chains. I would not pick this place. They make a bewilderingly large amount of specialty blended drinks. They have murdered the concept. That’s about all I know. It’s a job though. We all need a job. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Raquelita needs to accept that she long ago abandoned any opportunity to become a professional writer and has chosen the path of a very cliched west coaster with a very dull job and an even duller blog.  

The public online presence just makes her look like a self absorbed loser. Shut it down.  Surprise us and succeed... offline.  I still truly believe she can if she actually tries.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Black Rock Coffee. So many places one could get coffee. So many chains. I would not pick this place. They make a bewilderingly large amount of specialty blended drinks. They have murdered the concept. That’s about all I know. It’s a job though. We all need a job. 

OMG. They make a 6-shot monstrosity that one of my petite (IOW hit harder by things like caffeine or alcohol than most people) kidults finds strangely fascinating. When we go there together for coffee (BR's plain brewed coffee tastes better than Starbucks' and way better than Dutch Bros'), I sometimes talk them out of ordering it and getting something a little less potent. (Three shots... okay. I guess. It's their life... but I still have to listen to the motor-mouth results of too much caffeine.) Six shots may be okay for someone who routinely drinks lots of coffee (maybe?), but it can't be good for someone who usually drinks one or two cups a day.

Edited by refugee
another thought
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...

She's posted two blog posts I hadn't seen before. One says that it's okay to have doubts about God as long as it's not too much but just right and one is titled "6 Ways to Set Yourself Up For Success in 2019"

Spoiler

1. Change your mindset.
Decide whether or not the views you had in life for 2018 are the same ones you want to proceed with and how you want to think and view the way you're going to live in 2019.  Whatever situations you feel that you failed in, whatever ways you feel you lacked wisdom, in whatever situations you feel you needed more guidance, figure out what you fall short in as an individual or how you need to change, and refocus on that as you proceed into a new year.

It is easy you'll see. If you were stupid just become wise. If you were wrong start thinking right. If you have faults just become a better person.

Spoiler

2. Let go.
Anything that ties you to heartache, pain, or makes you feel worthless - let. it. go.  Don't allow yourself to bring the past into the future.  Sever ties.  Cut off anything unhealthy from last year.  Yes, this includes people.

Seriously? You guys hang on to the same people for more than a year? That's so 2018.

Spoiler

3. Forgive yourself.
You made mistakes, you allowed people into your life who didn't deserve your friendship, you went places you shouldn't have, you spent your time unwisely, you bought things that added no value to your life, but hey.  It's okay.  Forgive yourself.  Move on.

I'm cutting ties with all my friends, again, and starting over with a brand new bunch, but it's their fault, not mine.

Spoiler

4. Let yourself heal.
Take time for yourself.  Allow space and moments for you to rebuild a foundation.  But this year, a stronger, more solid one.
I've said this a million times, but I know I'll probably say it a million times more before I die: no matter how much you think others will be there for you, in the end you are the best only person who knows what you need.  You are the only one who can protect yoruself.  Healing always takes time, so it's not like the end of 2018 was supposed to have all the answers and be all that you needed for you to be done with pain and heartbroken.  But at least give yourself a good head start to be on the right path for 2019.  And remember that healing takes time.

What do you mean that not everybody is heartbroken and ready to toss their relationships at the same time? I am so done with all the selfish people around me, and  I thought everyone does it for the New Year.

Spoiler

5. Embrace the new.
Not all new things are scary.  Or sometimes the new is scary... and it's good.  Or even the best thing for you.  2019 will bring lots of change and eye-opening situations.  And it will stretch you, just like 2018 did.  But you survived last year, right?  So you got this.  Don't be afraid of turning your life around and, in essence, starting over.  It's good to get a fresh start, a new beginning.

I'm bored with commitments.

Spoiler

6. Focus.
Decide on what the most important things are in your life.
Prioritize them.
Whether it be family, your job, your faith, your hobbies.  And yes, it's okay if "Myself" is at the top of that list.
Decide what you want to invest in.  These are going to be your primary topics of focus in the new year.  These are going to be what gets you out of bed in the morning, what keeps you going, what keeps you invigorated for 2019.  Choose wisely, and don't doubt your heart.  And don't compare yourself to anyone else, either!  We are each living our own journeys.  Whatever causes you to be distracted, feel insecure, doubt yourself, feel discontent or compare yourself to someone else, cut it out of your life.  If it's not adding anything good, helpful or encouraging to your mind and heart, it needs to go.

Enter 2019 with a fresh perspective, a self-awareness, and a renewed spirit of confidence.

You got this.

I told my kids I'm cutting them out of my life because they distract me and they said sure mom can you pick us up at the mall.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Terrie said:

So her 2019 attitude is te same as her 2018 one. "If it doesn't serve my ego, it's out."

"All my flaws must be forgiven, but I forgive no one of anything." seems to have been her theme for the last couple years. 

I wonder if she still posts on that other instagram she made for her "art". 

• Upvote 6

She is still such a child. Convinced she is special and deep she must be infuriated that nobody else recognizes that. I can’t remember exactly how old she is (mid twenties ? ) but some people she has grown up with must be now graduating college, getting married,having children , finding careers etc. She is still presenting herself as a teenager.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Her latest is on how Church is not a building, it's where she worships and that can be out in nature or whatever. Honestly, the topic's been done 100 times over, and most of those times, better than Raquel could manage.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

The significance of my faith isn't determined by the number of Sundays I manage to make it to church.  If that were the case, I'd be a pretty bad Christian since I only went to church once this month.  (Does that make you cringe?  Sorry, I don't have time to explain my personal life and reasons why I didn't attend.)

My point is: if you have a personal relationship with God, you are the church.  His Spirit resides in you.  Your body is the literal, physical temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19), so worshipping Him isn't something that should only happen once a week.
Honestly, God has met me more powerfully while I've watched the sun set on the horizon while driving through the Argentinian countryside than in a lot of churches I have visited.  Why?  Well, my guess is because the majority of the people attending those churches were doing so out of obligation, not because they had a yearning to meet with Him.

"A lot of people go to church every Sunday but they're doing it all wrong. When I go to church it's much more spiritual. When I don't go to church it's much more spiritual. When I go traveling it's much more spiritual. Because I'm pretty sure most people are doing church much worser than me." 

The snotty comment about being too busy to explain why she didn't go to church in February seems unnecessary as she didn't have to bring it up if she doesn't want to write about it...  How much time would it take to write, "I was at work one weekend and had a date  the next and then I had a cold and just didn't feel like it,",  anyway. Most reasons could be summed up in a sentence or two. It's not like she's on any kind of deadline to publish blog posts.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

So essentially Raquel is still better than everyone else?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So essentially Raquel is still better than everyone else?

Well as far as other people  are people who "call themselves Christians" and go to church to  listen to hear a preacher speak and she's the literal physical temple of the Holy Spirit, yes.

• Haha 4

If she'd just noted she'd gone to church once in the last month and moved on, no one would have noticed or cared. Because everyone gets that sometimes things happen. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

"A lot of people go to church every Sunday but they're doing it all wrong. When I go to church it's much more spiritual. When I don't go to church it's much more spiritual. When I go traveling it's much more spiritual. Because I'm pretty sure most people are doing church much worser than me." 

The snotty comment about being too busy to explain why she didn't go to church in February seems unnecessary as she didn't have to bring it up if she doesn't want to write about it...  How much time would it take to write, "I was at work one weekend and had a date  the next and then I had a cold and just didn't feel like it,",  anyway. Most reasons could be summed up in a sentence or two. It's not like she's on any kind of deadline to publish blog posts.

Sadly, I wonder how much of this is kicking against the church her family attended some years back, when she was much younger. People there were brainwashed to be practically paranoid over missing a Sunday.

• Upvote 4

I just crack up at her snotty “I don’t have time to explain my personal life.”

Raquel, you are BLOGGING ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL LIFE. That’s what you were already literally doing when you wrote that obviously false statement. Get a grip. You have more time on your hands than most.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic