IGNORED

Raquel Strikes Again

dripcurl

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

If she was being attacked then obviously anyone else would be lying if they said they were being attacked. 

I was imagining the same scenario with her but in an inverted way. My theory was that she pulled this idea put of her ass, as she does with so many of her claims, randomly Then, I could see her coming across someone who was spiritually attacked at the same time as her, and of course in her mind the only logical explanation would be that the other person’s experience was invalid and that they are lying. Yours is more probable, as her writings seem to be very reactionary towards, and skewed on favor of, personal experiences she has had

• Upvote 3

On 9/6/2019 at 1:18 PM, AmazonGrace said:

If people comment on your scent it usually means you wear too much of the smelly stuff.

JMOO.

I was just going to say that I can't even tell you the number of times I've told people they don't smell of synthetic fragrances.  Wait...I can tell you the number.  It is ZERO, a big fat goose egg, none, zilch.   Who does she hang around that talks that way (or does 1/2 the things she says they do)?

Raquel strikes me as the kind of person that would drench herself in whatever her favorite "scent" is.

Also, that poetry.  Yikes!  She is one step away from boiling some dude's bunny from the sound of one of the poems @AmazonGrace posted.

• Upvote 6

On 9/9/2019 at 12:39 PM, AmazonGrace said:

It was an understanding that consequences don’t shape you

This, in a nutshell, explains why Raquel is perpetually 13.  I think most people when they suffer consequences, learn from them and change their behavior accordingly.  Not our Raquel, she's just groundhog's daying it all over the place.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:40 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Imagine how different this world would be if every person who claimed to know the life-altering love of God would claim their identity as spiritual warriors and went to battle as one body?!

Isn't this pretty much what a church is...or is supposed to be?

On 9/16/2019 at 2:09 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Where is Raquel getting the idea that the devil can only attack one person at a time? The notion I get from the Bible is that Satan is rather busy. Wouldn't he be rather ineffective?

Hide contents

Yet how many people in the world say that “the devil is tormenting them”, when in reality, he is NOT omnipresent so to say that he (satan) is attacking several of us at the same time can not be possible. 

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/2019/09/the-power-you-already-have.html

Obviously, Raquel has never met Beansie and his family ;)

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

On 9/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, dripcurl said:

I was imagining the same scenario with her but in an inverted way. My theory was that she pulled this idea put of her ass, as she does with so many of her claims, randomly Then, I could see her coming across someone who was spiritually attacked at the same time as her, and of course in her mind the only logical explanation would be that the other person’s experience was invalid and that they are lying. Yours is more probable, as her writings seem to be very reactionary towards, and skewed on favor of, personal experiences she has had

I may or may not have just googled "is satan omnipresent."  There was or was not an article that looked interesting from Christianity Today, but it was (or wasn't) behind a paywall :( 

The other articles were less interesting, but the consensus seems to be that the other angels that fell when satan did attack people on his behalf, as someone mentioned upthread.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Curious said:

I may or may not have just googled "is satan omnipresent."  There was or was not an article that looked interesting from Christianity Today, but it was (or wasn't) behind a paywall :( 

I may or may not have googled the same thing. :laughing-jumpingpurple: Despite all my years in church I do not remember this ever being discussed but everyone was just led to believe that more than one person could be attacked by demonic forces at one time. It wasn't like Satan was sitting down there with a calendar planning a schedule for when he could get around to attacking people. 

• Upvote 3

Well but in theory there are more options between "Satan is omnipresent" and "Satan is only able to attack one person at a time". You could assume that he leaves a lot of people or places alone or concentrates on high priority targets and still have him able to multitask and happily do some other people besides Raquel.

Edited by AmazonGrace
Autocorrect
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Curious said:

I think most people when they suffer consequences, learn from them and change their behavior accordingly.  Not our Raquel, she's just groundhog's daying it all over the place.

Ah, but the character in Groundhog Day did eventually exhaust the options of raging about it, indulging himself, then trying to commit suicide, and finally started bettering himself by helping others and improving his mind and skills. Eventually, he learned that being self-centered gets to be a bore.

Who knows if Raquel will ever move forward?

Edited by thoughtful
grammar
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Curious said:

...but the consensus seems to be that the other angels that fell when satan did attack people on his behalf, as someone mentioned upthread.

When I read Raquel's idea, my thought was, "Why can't Satan just delegate?" :shrug:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Ah, but the character in Groundhog Day did eventually exhaust the options of raging about it, indulging himself, then trying to commit suicide, and finally started bettering himself by helping others and improving his mind and skills. Eventually, he learned that being self-centered gets to be a bore.

Who knows if Raquel will ever move forward?

That's a good point.  I can't remember how long it took him in the movie to have a realization that he needed to make some changes, but I imagine t will take far longer if ever for Raquel.

• Upvote 4

I read somewhere that someone analyzed how many times he relived Groundhog Day, and the estimate was somewhere above 10 thousand. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

56 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

When I read Raquel's idea, my thought was, "Why can't Satan just delegate?" :shrug:

It's like she somehow grew up fundie and never read a Frank peretti book...

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, catlady said:

I read somewhere that someone analyzed how many times he relived Groundhog Day, and the estimate was somewhere above 10 thousand. 

@catlady, you beat me to it. Yep, I don't know if Raquel will live through enough repetitions to ever catch on like Phil did.

• Upvote 3

THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF

A MOTIVATIONAL POEM by AmazonGrace

imagine who you could be if you didn't let fear to dictate every step of your life

you only live once

we have one chance to get it right

i would rather try and fail than regret not trying

so far you have survived 100 % of your worst days

I didn't come this far to only come this far

(Excerpt from my book QUOTES I FOUND ON PINTEREST)

Spoiler

itsjustraquel

We allow fear to dictate so much of our lives.
We are afraid to make the wrong decision,
to stay up too late,
to quit the job,
to go somewhere alone,
to ask the person we really, really like if we could have permission to kiss them.
But the truth is —
we only have one shot at this life. One chance to do it right.
And honestly, I would rather do something and possibly regret it,
than regret never even trying.

REMEMBER: you have survived 100% of your worst days. Now get up and keep living another one.
You didn’t fight your way this far
to only make it

this far.
——
excerpt from my book ARE MY EYES STILL TAME?

Spoiler

kuva.png.9c3785595a228fc21533b3f1732b4179.png

kuva.thumb.png.784b1fc4b5a2970065dbf7497e041ac7.png

kuva.png.e84177d91544e10d115363ed52222ba2.png

Spoiler

kuva.png.e84547810d1dcbf05dfce76725ea1b9c.png

kuva.png.f472008f510961b7ff9d03083d5bddba.png

kuva.png.ae42ced5d1b19fa7a7f9e3adcf93dc5c.png

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

She wants you to Konmari your friends that don't spark joy and get rid of everyone who doesn't text you when you want them to. 

https://vocal.media/motivation/12-steps-to-making-your-life-better

2. Fresh

Clean out the clutter. Get rid of anything or anyone who does not bring value, happiness or meaning to your life. This includes the old toy that you used to play with when you were five and the guy/girl who only texts you when they are lonely.

But do try to make new friends and hope they didn't save your number under "doesn't spark joy" :

4. Connect

Who is someone you have always admired? Who is someone you aspire to be like? Who is someone you wish you could sit and have lunch with? Don't be afraid to contact them. The least you can do is try. And remember—they are humans too.

• Upvote 3

ARE MY EYES STILL TAME? just sounds like the most ridiculous title ever. 

Has Raquel ever had an original thought, ever?

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

ARE MY EYES STILL TAME? just sounds like the most ridiculous title ever. 

It is ridiculous for so many reasons, but it seems that she’s trying to assert that her eyes are wild, but being “wild eyed” is not exactly a flattering description... Of course, am I surprised that Raquel could be clueless to yet another every day expression? No.

• Upvote 6

Her "connect" seems like an excuse to bug celebrities, like some kiddie fantasy where you bump in someone famous and they invite you along on their round the world trip, or some other daydream. 

• Upvote 5

New post up on her blog about how her last relationship lead to an "awakening." (Spoken of in VERY new agey terms). And despite a relationship so bad it apparently sent her to therapy, she talks like she still has a fantasy of healing someone with her love, or at least a fixation on damaged people.

This in no way is a platform to drag my ex’s identity through the mud.  He had no way of knowing or controlling his behavior because when an individual is as hurt and broken as he was, blindness is a common factor in their life.

I have mild OCD and severe anxiety. And I can control my behavior. How I treat other people is always a choice. Stop condoning abuse, Raquel, or you're going to end up right back where you started with your next relationship.

• Upvote 6

On 9/22/2019 at 6:44 PM, mango_fandango said:

The mystical orange penis ferret was pretty original.  I mean sure, Beastmaster had 2 pet ferrets, but would Raquel have ever seen that and his ferrets were definitely not phallic and they weren't orange.

That will never not be my favorite Raquel moment.

1 hour ago, Terrie said:

New post up on her blog about how her last relationship lead to an "awakening." (Spoken of in VERY new agey terms). And despite a relationship so bad it apparently sent her to therapy, she talks like she still has a fantasy of healing someone with her love, or at least a fixation on damaged people.

I have mild OCD and severe anxiety. And I can control my behavior. How I treat other people is always a choice. Stop condoning abuse, Raquel, or you're going to end up right back where you started with your next relationship.

Raquel kind of reminds me of a certain type of people that want to have rescue animals.  It's a bit like munchausen by proxy.  They want the dog with the horrific backstory that can't go to just any "regular" adoptor but needs either an experienced dog person or someone willing to work with a special needs or medical needs dog.  If they manage to get a dog then they got the dog in such bad condition (even if from a very reputable rescue) and they had to nurse the dog back to health.  The dog has so. many. issues. but THEY can put in the work necessary to nurse the dog back to a normal life.

I had the misfortune of adopting one of my fosters to this kind of person.  I was experienced in placing dogs and was generally pretty good at sniffing out when people were telling me what I wanted to be told or having too many perfect answers.   I placed this dog in somewhat urgent circumstances because there had just been a big blow up in the rescue group and the dog was not a good fit in our house and I was afraid he was actually going to eventually catch one of my senior cats and kill it.

I actually stopped placing dogs after that adoption.  I only took dogs I knew were going to be permanent residents due to health or behavior issues or temporary dogs that were moving to a forever home or another foster home.  Dealing with her was a nightmare....kind of like I imagine dealing with Raquel is.

Edited by Curious
so many riffles
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3

20 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

She's  quite fascinated that she feels feelings.

First this made me laugh, because it’s so true, then it felt familiar, because I write about my feelings too, then I worried it was mean to laugh, because aren’t we supposed to analyze our feelings and understand ourselves?

Then I realised the main problem is Raquel’s lack of context. Her fascination with her every little feeling is happening within the conviction that no one else feels like she does, as deeply or insightfully or specially.

If only she looked outward and spent some of her fascination on the wide world!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

First this made me laugh, because it’s so true, then it felt familiar, because I write about my feelings too, then I worried it was mean to laugh, because aren’t we supposed to analyze our feelings and understand ourselves?

I wondered about the same thing and concluded that it struck me as funny because in the first few sentences she wrote it like her huge spiritual awakening was realizing that she had feelings and emotions. But maybe she just wrote funny and didn't really mean that it was news to her.

• Upvote 3

Having a spirit truly fascinates me.  

The mere fact that my body is not only home to a brain and heart, but also a soul is just astounding.

Being in touch with my spirit, feeling feelings, knowing emotions, is all something that has come with time.

I don't know if she really believes she has this profound, amazing insight into life, but she certainly wants other people to think so. Like many of the fundies we talk about, she seems terrified of being ordinary. She's caught between her identity as a Christian and the idea that she's special and chosen by God (ah, Calvinism), and new agey "I have special powers" ideas. (One of the books she lists as currently reading on her website is "The New American Spirituality" written by the same woman who found this place, https://www.eomega.org/)

She loves to tout how she reads all the time, and how she shows her books "love" by marking them up, making notes, underlining favorite passages. Probably so it's easier to find the ones she wants to steal for her own writing. We've seen it time and again, how she strings together "profound" images, phrases and sentences from elsewhere to make her writing look good. Those of you who have seen/read Cold Comfort Farm may be reminded of Flora Post's writing.  ("The golden orb hung in the azure sky...."). Heck, her entire "awakening" post was based on taking a song she liked and smooshing it together with her life experience.

Also, some of her stuff just plain doesn't make sense.

Being awakened isn’t some voodoo nuance that involves summoning spirits and calling on dead relatives for guidance

Pretty sure she didn't mean "nuance" but heck if I know what it's supposed to be. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic