IGNORED

Raquel Strikes Again

dripcurl

Her soul is a raging fire that you may never see

I have never seen, and probably never will see ANYBODY's soul. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Or that she is so kind because she has never known pain

Raquel has some very odd ideas about empathy. In my experience, I assume someone kind has known their own pain. 

• Upvote 9

As usual when I read something of hers I am torn between thinking that she is a pathetic little ninny and also wanting to shake her and tell her she will never have the life she wants if she doesn’t grow up and stop believing she is the centre of the universe. 

She hasn’t realized she isn’t the wise , deep and all-knowing person she believes herself to be and to me still presents herself as a pretentious teenager.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I can't believe she still hasn't taken down that embarrassing bucket list that looks like it was written by a 12-year-old.

"have a child with colored eyes"

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

What does that even MEAN?? Everybody's eyes have SOME color; even people with albinism have red irises.  

Edited by zeebaneighba
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I can't believe she still hasn't taken down that embarrassing bucket list that looks like it was written by a 12-year-old.

Hug a baby polar bear always makes me laugh:laughing-jumpingpurple: That and ordering pizza for delivery. 

I seems like a parody of a bucket list but sadly she is dead serious about all this shit!

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

https://motivation.media/6-notes-of-encouragement-for-the-blossoming-writer

Lots of generic, dime a dozen bits of advice, but she repeats the bit about "if you make anyone feel anything, your writing is a success." She alwso claims that people who don't like your writing aren't "true artists" because if they were, they would give constructive criticism only. Except I suspect that in Raquel's mind, that's the same as boundless praise. 

If I were to give 6 bits of advice, they would be very different.

1) Know why you're writing. There are as many reasons to write as there are writers, and all are valid, but needs of someone who writes for personal entertainment are very different from a professional writing. Knowing your personal expectations will help you filter out the useful from the nonuseful advice.

2) It's okay to write crap. Everyone starts somewhere. If you wait until your writing is "perfect," you'll never write anything. The trick is that, next time, write slightly better crap.

3) Don't get too comfortable. Remember the aches in your legs when you were a child? Growth hurts. If you don't push yourself, you might refine what you can already do, but you won't learn to do anything new.

4) Experiment. Try new things. Go crazy. Change your font. Try different programs, different locations. Write in purple crayon. Some of it will work, some of it won't. Everyone's different, and you might be surprised.

5) Analyze your favorites. Study their technique. What works? What doesn't? Reading alone won't help you develop.

6) You can't please everyone. Taste is subjective, and trying to make something that appeals to everyone will drive you nuts. Make sure you're happy with it, then find the audience 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Terrie said:

She alwso claims that people who don't like your writing aren't "true artists" because if they were, they would give constructive criticism only. Except I suspect that in Raquel's mind, that's the same as boundless praise. 

I suspect you are correct, especially since she stopped mentioning her writing class after she turned in her about me paper. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Why did she choose the Sarah Crossan quote when it says pretty much the opposite of what she said in the previous paragraph? Raquel: don't worry about editing, just write whatever, uncrossed T is fine, and who cares about grammar anyway? Crossan: edit and rewrite until it's perfect

• Upvote 2

On 4/19/2019 at 9:38 AM, Terrie said:

What the heck is her obsession with eye color? In her book description, several of her poems, etc, she touchs on "I have brown eyes!" Yes, dearie, you and the majority of people. 

Her poem to Catherine Morland (whose name she misspelled) is eye-rolling. 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.bca45a6cee100ab25c2c1366d125ae42.png

I dearly love Jane Austen, and Raquel totally and completely missed the point of Northanger Abbey. Austen loved books and novels, and the characters she shows reading are often some of her most beloved (Elizabeth Bennet, for instance). But she also made it very clear that they are not subsitutes for maturity (Catherine Morland) or independant thought (Mary Bennet). But of course 24 year old Raquel would heavily identify with 17 year old Catherine and miss the point about not letting immaturity lead you to flights of fancy.

Once again I am struck

by how Raquel just writes normal

stuff with

weird spacing and

call it a poem.

I can write a poem in less

than 3 minutes

doing this.   I am not

impressed.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

On 4/22/2019 at 8:42 PM, Flossie said:

Seriously, what does it look like when a person this vapid and narcissistic look like when they're 75?

I assume Trump in 3 years...

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

On 4/25/2019 at 1:29 PM, formergothardite said:

You are correct! At 11 or 12 I wrote some super melodramatic letters to a poor missionary child I was given as a pen pal in church. I can't think of why she never wrote back. :laughing-jumpingpurple: I am embarrassed just thinking of those letters.

I can't image being Raquel's age and writing things like that. I think her navel gazing has gotten worse as time has passed instead of growing out of it as most people do. 

Most people are really hitting their stride and maturing around the mid-20s.  At this rate, Raquel won't be reaching that point until her 30s or later, if she ever gets there, which I have some doubts about.

(written in roughly 90 seconds!)

• Upvote 5

Yeah, I did the whole "I am a fierce warrior gazing off into the distance, I am a lone eagle swooping over the shores, none of y'all will ever understand the depths of my soul, I weep in solitude" shit when I was 14.

Then I grew up and wrote real poetry.

• Upvote 11

UNTOUCHABLE

if she has haters

it just proves she's doing

something right

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

On 6/16/2019 at 11:28 AM, formergothardite said:

I love that one of the "poems" is basically an essential oil advertisement. 

In what way is this a poem?   Does she know you can just write stuff and it doesn't have to *be* something?

Also, are her parents still having kids because shouldn't most of her sibling be past the age of "little" by now? (I know they are younger than she is, but she makes them sound like young kids not just younger siblings, IMO)

• Upvote 3

On 7/13/2019 at 9:43 AM, LilMissMetaphor said:

Well, she is "drop gorgeous" so I would think she has at least a 50% chance of having a child with colored eyes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

On 7/15/2019 at 1:58 PM, Terrie said:

She also claims that people who don't like your writing aren't "true artists" because if they were, they would give constructive criticism only. Except I suspect that in Raquel's mind, that's the same as boundless praise. 

Yeah, the "criticism" in "constructive criticism" is key. Raquel, that means people can still point out flaws and weaknesses in someone's writing, "constructive" just means they give you some suggestions as to how to improve it. 

An example: Raquel your writing is limited and navel gazing because you don't expose yourself to enough writing and other writers. You would improve substantially if you made it a goal to read two books a week in the genre you would like to write in and signed up for a challenging writing class with group critiques. 

She would never last in an English program at a university though. By the time you were an upperclassmen, people would get upset if you weren't harsh enough when reviewing their stuff, because it meant you were checked out and not helping them as much as you could be. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I think Raquel is honestly flabbergasted that publishers aren’t begging to sign her up , men aren’t literally lining up to beg her to marry them and the world hasn’t recognized her brilliance. So she stamps her feet and continues writing her drivel .

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I think Raquel is honestly flabbergasted that publishers aren’t begging to sign her up , men aren’t literally lining up to beg her to marry them and the world hasn’t recognized her brilliance. So she stamps her feet and continues writing her drivel .

She once claimed to have written a book and it was going to be published. That obviously never happened. Raquel seems to have thought she could write a book and publishers would automatically publish it. No editor telling her to change things, no having to really fight to get a book published, nothing slightly difficult. She would write a book, it would be perfect in all ways, it would be published, it would be a best seller. 

Raquel I don't think will ever change. In another ten years she will be writing the same crap and acting the exact same way. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Raquel I don't think will ever change. In another ten years she will be writing the same crap and acting the exact same way. 

I find that sad. It's what I really ate about the whole "God has a plan" style faith. Some people, like Raquel, become very passive in their lives, because God will take care of all the hard stuff for them, so why should they do anything?

• Upvote 8

Raquel's final question is, 

"Just talk to me through those?"

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190725-082005.thumb.jpg.c5fc478db3f282382c9cd93e2a9d46fa.jpg

They told me I could be anything? I could be a question if I wanted to?

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

On 7/15/2019 at 1:58 PM, Terrie said:

she repeats the bit about "if you make anyone feel anything, your writing is a success."

Well, if nausea counts, she has succeeded with me!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

She sells Young Living essential oils now.  Is this her big project she was supposed to be announcing this month?

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic