IGNORED

Raquel Strikes Again

dripcurl

It is amusing she thinks she is just so  real and deep, when in reality she is very shallow and fake. 

I can't even imagine writing something like that about myself but she continually writes things praising herself for being more amazing than everyone else. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I absorb other people's energies 

I understand people better than you

I feel more than other people

I am so observant and perceptive                  

i have no idea what other people feel 

so they probably don't 

are they even real

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

[quoted from Raquel's pome]

"I am special because my hair gets messed up

I laugh and cry because I see more than mere mortals  

I am a bad tipper  

I am more real than other people 

I have more faith 

when my relationships go wrong 

it's not me, it's you"

correct me i'f i'm wrong, because i dislike coffee and do not frequent Starbucks or comparable stores, but isn't it customary to tip a barista?  one would think that if her own income is dependent on tips, she would have some kind of understanding for others in the same line of work.....    oh right, this is Raquel; never mind.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, catlady said:

correct me i'f i'm wrong, because i dislike coffee and do not frequent Starbucks or comparable stores, but isn't it customary to tip a barista?  one would think that if her own income is dependent on tips, she would have some kind of understanding for others in the same line of work.....    oh right, this is Raquel; never mind.

I bet she bitches madly if she gets a bad tipper customer. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

ANOTHER INSIGHT 

my roots make me such a great writer

my grandpa is literate 

and  has neat handwriting

look here is a picture of a man 

solving a sudoku 

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I can't even imagine writing something like that about myself

I'm pretty sure I wrote stuff like that. At the age about 12. Everyone goes through the whole "I am sooooo profound. I am thinking thoughts no one has ever thought before." It's just that most people grow out of it. (And thankfully for some of us, the internet wasn't a thing when we were that age).

• Upvote 12

1 minute ago, Terrie said:

Everyone goes through the whole "I am sooooo profound. I am thinking thoughts no one has ever thought before

You are correct! At 11 or 12 I wrote some super melodramatic letters to a poor missionary child I was given as a pen pal in church. I can't think of why she never wrote back. :laughing-jumpingpurple: I am embarrassed just thinking of those letters.

I can't image being Raquel's age and writing things like that. I think her navel gazing has gotten worse as time has passed instead of growing out of it as most people do. 

• Upvote 5

Back in the year of typewriters and rejection letters it was probably a bit harder to fancy yourself the next Wordsworth. You actually had to edit to get anything published, let alone receive any positive reviews. Now everyone can self publish pretty much any old crap and you're instantly an author and poet.

I have an old blog that I haven't updated in years and I still get some likes and comments that say "what a great post", probably from people who have something to spam. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, catlady said:

Sometimes there’s a collective tip jar so people can dump their change if they want but most coffee shops I know you’re not expected to tip the cashier who took your order or the barista who made it (who might be the same person). It’s not table service.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Thanks @Petronella!  I must have been thinking of the collective jar. 

Edited by catlady
Spell check doesn’t work when I want it to.
  • Upvote 2

When I was 12, I was trying to write a musical using Dolly Parton's songs. I had about three pages of dialogue and two songs. It was a lot harder than I had expected.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6

Her latest pome says she's been unemployed in April. Wonder what happened.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps she was so annoying the coffee shop couldn't take her anymore

• Upvote 7

On 5/3/2019 at 2:02 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Her latest pome says she's been unemployed in April. Wonder what happened.

That means she's no longer with the Boys and Girls Club. Good.

• Upvote 7

One thing I've noticed is that in almost half her photos, she's not facing the camera. Not an Instagram person, so I thought I'd ask. Is that a thing? Do people routinely take pictures from behind these days? 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Terrie said:

One thing I've noticed is that in almost half her photos, she's not facing the camera. Not an Instagram person, so I thought I'd ask. Is that a thing? Do people routinely take pictures from behind these days? 

I'm not an Instagram person either, but maybe she likes to show off her hair?

• Upvote 1

If it's a waterfall photo maybe she likes the free falling water and the free falling hair together?

I am an instagram person but I mostly follow accounts that post dogs and landscapes, hardly anyone who posts selfies.  So IDK what people usually do but I would assume that either

-they're going for an artsy look and want emotions to be implied, rather than seen in the photo  (eg. look at this amazing, wonderful landscape with me, or, look at me, i'm this lonely sad person in this photo)  

-they used a timer and it was hard to get the facial expression right

-they're wearing no makeup

or

-see  my butt looks pretty great amirite 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

She got a nose ring. Eh, whatever. You do you and all that. But, of course, being Raquel, she has to make it profound and spiritual, instead of simply something she liked. Raquel is forever Raquel, sadly.

• Upvote 6

some say you left me

but you tried to murder my soul

when i get dumped it's a work of art

Spoiler

untamedworshipper

You thought that saying goodbye would be what would kill my spirit

But I think you underestimate me still

Because I took the pieces you left behind

And made a masterpiece from my journey
of healing.
——
#poetry #mentalhealthawarenessmonth #heart #writing #healing #journey #beauty #art

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another blog entry on her "healing." Honestly, her steadfast refusal to write in anythign but vague generalities means she could have written the exact same entry last year. Or the year before that. Or the year before that.... Her writing will never speak to anyone as long as she's trying to show what she wants to be, instead of who she is. It will forever retain the same air of childish, artifical smugness. There's nothing even to snark at, because nothing ever changes, except that she gets older. 

• Upvote 8

OK it was kind of beautiful but I'm not sure that in my darkest moments I'd have felt comforted by the thought that my purpose is to be a beacon of hope and help others find healing and feel the most ministered through my pain because I'm such a great testament to God's goodness.  That's a lot of pressure to put on someone who's feeling worthless or depressed... just another thing that you can fail at. (And how often is that true anyway? How many suffering people manage to be a beacon of hope for others?) 

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

OK it was kind of beautiful but I'm not sure that in my darkest moments I'd have felt comforted by the thought that my purpose is to be a beacon of hope and help others find healing and feel the most ministered through my pain because I'm such a great testament to God's goodness.  That's a lot of pressure to put on someone who's feeling worthless or depressed... just another thing that you can fail at. (And how often is that true anyway? How many suffering people manage to be a beacon of hope for others?) 

Yeah, it wouldn't have helped me either.  At my darkest, what I really needed to know that I was loved and wanted in my brokenness and for who I was.  Not for what I could maybe do, because who knows if I would do it.  Not for what I could maybe give others, because I felt like I had nothing to give.  I just needed to know that I still had value just as I was, struggling as I was, failing often as I was.  Sometimes what we need in those moments isn't some grandiose pep-talk, but just an "I love you just as you are right now in this moment, and I will love you just as you are in the next moment, whether better or worse."

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

19 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Sometimes what we need in those moments isn't some grandiose pep-talk, but just an "I love you just as you are right now in this moment, and I will love you just as you are in the next moment, whether better or worse."

To be blunt, that's more interest in other people than Raquel has shown she is capable of. 

• Upvote 4

An excerpt from her latest book.

"I would rather be a weed than a flower"

would make an interesting poem by itself, make you think of possible reasons why. But extra wordiness distracts.

Weeds are considered wild plants.

Really?

Are you sure?

Why is there no sunlight or rain if you're a weed?

Some weeds are flowers so you could be both.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190611-210314.thumb.jpg.936db0ca78abab3a2ccb0691671b6ef0.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

This is accurate to neither weeds nor flowers. Many flowers are super popular because you stick them in the ground and that's the extent of the care they need. Weeds are best described as "a plant that commonly grows where it is not wanted." Many are not wild plants, but cultivated plants that are prone to aggressive spreading. (Unless she means wild as in "wild and crazy"?) And they absolutely require sunlight. Many very persistent weeds are best killed by aggressively smothering them from light. (Many layeres of newspaper or other coverage, plus layers of mulch)

• Upvote 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic