IGNORED

Turpins 4: 2 Monsters, 13 Victims and Now an Interview!

Coconut Flan

13 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Louise smirking the way she did at the first court appearance gave me a horrible feeling about her, I believe she was the one driving the abuse but David let her and joined in. They both deserve to spend a long time behind bars and should not be allowed near any of the kids again. 

I noticed that as well.  But he is not innocent.  Or unaware.  There is no way anyone in that household could not have known what was going on, those kids were caged and there was not enough food, plus a lot of other really bad stuff.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Briefly said:

I noticed that as well.  But he is not innocent.  Or unaware.  There is no way anyone in that household could not have known what was going on, those kids were caged and there was not enough food, plus a lot of other really bad stuff.

Definitely, he let it happen and joined in, he should have put a stop to any abuse before it escalated. Louise seems to be enjoying the infamy she is getting.

• Upvote 6

I read here about how they were given moldy pies to eat:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/turpin-sisters-photos-of-shackled-siblings-draw-gasps-in-court-david-louise-turpin-california/

And I know that I've read where the mom was seen buying fresh pies and then the kids said she would leave them out to torment the children.  So she deliberately bought fresh, good pies, put them on the counter, let them molder while those poor kids looked at them longingly, and then when they had grown mold, she let them eat the pies then . What a disgusting, horrible monster that mom (and dad) were. 

Edited by atlantagirl30084
Clarity
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 9
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 2

39 minutes ago, atlantagirl30084 said:

I read here about how they were given moldy pies to eat:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/turpin-sisters-photos-of-shackled-siblings-draw-gasps-in-court-david-louise-turpin-california/

And I know that I've read where the mom was seen buying fresh pies and then the kids said she would leave them out to torment the children.  So she deliberately bought fresh, good pies, put them on the counter, let them molder while those poor kids looked at them longingly, and then when they had grown mold, she let them eat the pies then . What a disgusting, horrible monster that mom (and dad) were. 

These people were truly evil to these children.  The more I hear that comes out, the more pissed I become.  My gawd.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, atlantagirl30084 said:

So she deliberately bought fresh, good pies, put them on the counter, let them molder while those poor kids looked at them longingly, and then when they had grown mold, she let them eat the pies then .

I DO NOT have words for this, even my extensive vocabulary of profanity feels inadequate for this. I can't imagine what kind of sicko would do that. I mean, I might put something on the counter and tell my kids to wait until after dinner or something like that, but I could NOT imagine withholding food from my children like that. I mean, my kids, even though they've driven me nuts more than a few times are my LIFE, my HEART. 

I hope they get locked up in the WORST prison in the US forever...

• Upvote 15
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I DO NOT have words for this, even my extensive vocabulary of profanity feels inadequate for this. I can't imagine what kind of sicko would do that. I mean, I might put something on the counter and tell my kids to wait until after dinner or something like that, but I could NOT imagine withholding food from my children like that. I mean, my kids, even though they've driven me nuts more than a few times are my LIFE, my HEART. 

I hope they get locked up in the WORST prison in the US forever...

You are out of words?  That is amazing!  (I'm just kidding you and not trying to be mean, I hope you realize that. I love reading your posts.)  Seriously, I don't think that there are enough words to describe how bad those people are and how horrible what they did to those kids is.

My daughter was fairly mild as a teen, but she still had her moments.  That's normal. I love her to the ends of the earth and back, but there were times when I wanted to yank every red hair out of her head (not literally) just for being a normal teen!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Briefly said:

You are out of words?  That is amazing!  (I'm just kidding you and not trying to be mean, I hope you realize that. I love reading your posts.) 

The minute I read this I started smiling! I knew you were kidding. But seriously, there are not enough words for me to identify the emotions I have reading about these two evil people. Hell, evil isn't even enough...demonic maybe? I hope he gets sent to San Quentin, I understand its still pretty bad. I have no idea what the worst women's prison is, but I hope she gets sent there. I want both in gen pop too. Child abusers don't do well in prison...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Chain them up with a pie just out of reach... for years. This is one of those few times when eye for an eye seems appropriate. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

There are only 5 prisons in CA for women, and one is the Navy brig at Miramar. There's a federal prison as well but these are state charges....so it's either Chino or Chowchilla. Did anyone notice David's fingernails? It looks like he has a French manicure... very creepy. The hairs been cut as well. He looked healthier than she did at court. 

Sadly those kids will be in treatment for a long time and it's going to be hard for them to assimilate with their lack of knowledge. I wish court tv was still on because I'd love to see the trial when it happens. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 6/23/2018 at 8:37 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

Definitely, he let it happen and joined in, he should have put a stop to any abuse before it escalated. Louise seems to be enjoying the infamy she is getting.

There is a Youtube channel under the name LAHenna which is following the Turpin case. The poster seems to have been in court and has information I haven’t seen anywhere else. In this video  about David and others she explains that it came out in court that Louise was “in charge” of the girls and David “in charge of the boys” and that the boys reported a lot of physical abuse from David (being hit with a switch that drew blood, for example).  

In another video LAHenna talks about how the older children were left in charge of the younger ones in Texas with instructions to cage the younger ones. See Cages by LA Henna  Apparently it was during this period that the eldest tried to run away, but when she realized she had no place to go she returned and that was when David and Louise returned.  (I link this to the account that a neighbor brought her back.  She may have realized she couldn’t negotiate the outside world and had not realized she could report abuse.)

Anyway, if she is reporting accurately, LA Henna is adding some interesting details.   

Returning to David’s culpability, my impression is that abusing and depriving the kids may have been how Louise and David bonded.  She may have hit the kids more, but it appears that he hit harder and (according to at least one article) he was the one who was more into bondage as a solution. (“Tie them up so they can’t misbehave.”)

• Thank You 6

Okay, for the 1,000th time. Praise Rufus if this posts correctly. (My tablet is an asshole) It rarely lets me post. And when it does there are always autocorrect riffles.

LA Henna was in the courtroom for the preliminary hearing. So, she heard the evidence first hand. 

At the Facebook group Courageous 13, there are screen caps from Tweets by reporters, maybe as many as 8, and I read them all. 

The only thing mentioned above that I was not aware of via Twitter is David punishing the boys and Louise the girls. Also, I didn't know J#1 ran away in Texas. 

But yes, D&L had an apartment 50 miles away from the kids for 3 years. This was in Texas, and the older kids were in charge. The oldest boy said he carried out the orders by the parents because he was afraid if he didn't the parents would kill the offender. 

There is a lot of shocking evidence in the Twitter feeds.  :(

Edited by wild little fox
My tablet is an asshole
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

I don't know if this will attach to my previous post, so be it. Smaller posts work for me better and my Tablet that is in rebellion. 

I don't know about bonding over punishing the kids, but it seems plausible. 

I do think that they got in waaay over their heads with so many babies so fast! And they were bat shit crazy to begin with. I blame them 100% but the rate they were having children is astounding to me. Barely a year between them, in some cases. So, L shut them in their rooms, and when that wasn't working, they beat them, and more babies came, so they started tying them up. When that didn't work, they chained them. Then somewhere along the line they starved them.  J#1 was in third grade and wore the same dirty dress every single day. I wonder how many children there were by the time J#1 was 8. A lot. CPS came knocking and they moved and hid the children from then on. 

It seems to me they must have blamed the children for the circumstances that D&L themselves created. :(

• Sad 7
  • WTF 2

Thanks @wild little fox for info about facebook group. I will check it out.

One thing that struck me from the People article linked above is that the cell phone that the teen that escaped used supposedly belonged to one of the older brothers once. 

At last, the teen was able to get an old cell phone that had belonged to her older brother, Campos said. Though the phone did not have service, it had a connection to the family’s internet and she was able to call for help. Shortly before 6 a.m. on Jan. 14, not far away from the family’s home, the girl dialed 911.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/house-of-horrors-6-harrowing-revelations-as-investigators-describe-alleged-abuse/ar-AAyV1Jr?ocid=ientp

I wonder under what circumstances the brother had a phone and whether it was taken away or replaced/upgraded.

• Upvote 2

Maybe that was the brother who went to college? But even there I'd be surprised they'd let him have a cell phone since, if I remember right, L would sit outside the classroom and wait for him.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Thanks @wild little fox for info about facebook group. I will check it out.

One thing that struck me from the People article linked above is that the cell phone that the teen that escaped used supposedly belonged to one of the older brothers once. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/house-of-horrors-6-harrowing-revelations-as-investigators-describe-alleged-abuse/ar-AAyV1Jr?ocid=ientp

I wonder under what circumstances the brother had a phone and whether it was taken away or replaced/upgraded.

Plus, it's a law that even deactivated cell phones have to be able to dial 911 as long as there's enough battery power/reception. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

Plus, it's a law that even deactivated cell phones have to be able to dial 911 as long as there's enough battery power/reception. 

Yes, I think the report confused the teen’s ability to get on the internet with the phone (which she probably did to post those you-tube videos) with her ability to call 911 on the phone.  It may be that she herself didn’t realize that calling on a deactivated phone would work, wifi or no wifi.

It is amazing how much that teenager accomplished with so little knowledge and such profound fear of her parents.

• Upvote 15

18 hours ago, wild little fox said:

Okay, for the 1,000th time. Praise Rufus if this posts correctly. (My tablet is an asshole) It rarely lets me post. And when it does there are always autocorrect riffles.

LA Henna was in the courtroom for the preliminary hearing. So, she heard the evidence first hand. 

At the Facebook group Courageous 13, there are screen caps from Tweets by reporters, maybe as many as 8, and I read them all. 

The only thing mentioned above that I was not aware of via Twitter is David punishing the boys and Louise the girls. Also, I didn't know J#1 ran away in Texas. 

But yes, D&L had an apartment 50 miles away from the kids for 3 years. This was in Texas, and the older kids were in charge. The oldest boy said he carried out the orders by the parents because he was afraid if he didn't the parents would kill the offender. 

There is a lot of shocking evidence in the Twitter feeds.  :(

Thanks for steering me to the facebook page. I read the twitter caps and some other things.  It is  rather tangled, so I may take a few minutes to type/summarize/quote it all for this thread, I haven’t seen a really detailed report in the media.   

What seems to have happened is that these two crazy people with power-and-control issues crossed the line between “discipline” and torture when they began perceiving their children’s individuality as defiance which threatened parental authority.  There are also signs of hoarding and being overwhelmed by their possessions.  They couldn’t keep the house clean so they moved first to a double-wide and then altogether to a different house, leaving the older kids behind, but controlling them over the phone, co-opting the older ones as enforcers because these older ones were so terrorized.  Tragic that the oldest girl J-1, who tried to run away, didn’t think to tell anyone what was going on. They may have not known that what their parents were doing was wrong. They probably had no idea that they could get help until some of them had internet access.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

-- Children suffered from psycho-social dwarfism from severe malnourishment and at least two daughters are now unable to have children.

This was in the newspaper,  I don’t think anyone has mentioned it yet.  We discussed in the beginning if the adult women were able to menstruate due to their starvation and it looks like two of them are infertile.  How tragic. 

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2018/06/22/turpin-hearing-revealed-new-forms-abuse-children-allegedly-suffered/727198002/ 

• Sad 10

I hope whoever serves them food in jail tampers with it, child abusers do not get good treatment from inmates and guards sometimes turn a blind eye to it, at least they are not shackled in their cells.

• Upvote 1

i mostly believe that punishment should fit the crime...what the criminal has done, should be done to them. i definitely would want that for these two monsters. my son and his wife want a child more than anything in the world, and here these utter horrors have 13 wonderful children and do this. i don't understand it :cry: 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

i mostly believe that punishment should fit the crime...what the criminal has done, should be done to them. i definitely would want that for these two monsters. my son and his wife want a child more than anything in the world, and here these utter horrors have 13 wonderful children and do this. i don't understand it :cry: 

I understand. I have a best friend who was unable to have children yet some people can just pop them out and not give a d--- about them or do things like this. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I don't understand any of this. I have an infant. I worry at night if she is too hot or too cold. Did she eat enough? Is she getting a rash? How can I make her smile? I don't understand how the person hurting a child could be their own mommy or daddy. That beautiful creature gives my life meaning. I don't understand. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 21

7 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I don't understand any of this. I have an infant. I worry at night if she is too hot or too cold. Did she eat enough? Is she getting a rash? How can I make her smile? I don't understand how the person hurting a child could be their own mommy or daddy. That beautiful creature gives my life meaning. I don't understand. 

My "baby" is 28 today. I STILL worry about him, I worry about all 3 of my kids. My daughter...is she getting enough sleep, is she balancing work, school, kids, planning a wedding without running out of steam? #1 son, is he traveling too much? Is he jet lagged? #2 son, he works as a roofer right now, is he using PPE? Is he harnessed? Is he able to cool off during the day? 

It never stops...it's ALWAYS there. My three are 35, 31 and 28. It just gets added to with the grands...

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to Turpins 4: 2 Monsters, 13 Victims and Now an Interview!