IGNORED

The Royal Wedding looms ahead

Palimpsest

I, personally, think I look silly just smiling for no reason whatsoever--I'm just not a person who smiles constantly and people would probably think I'm high if I constantly smiled for 10 or 15 minutes. And we don't know what went on, maybe she had a rough morning or just fought with David over buying another gold toilet, or she suffers from depression, who knows. Honestly, if I were a celebrity in public and I smiled, people would probably complain that my eyes were sad or that my smile didn't reach all of my face. These are also criticisms I've received when I do smile on cue.  

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s a screenshot from my video. :) DH took photos while I did video. 

55BBFF29-CEC4-43BC-A071-2D984250EFD8.png

19 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

@SapphireSlytherin gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Why am I so into all this?!?! I told myself I wouldn't be!

Girl, me too. 

I’m  telling myself it’s okay because I have so much material for memes now. 

21 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Here’s a screenshot from my video. :) DH took photos while I did video. 

You were so close!!!!!!!! We might have seen you in the crowd was we watched on TV!!!!!!!!

I thought her dress was beautiful and the service more interesting than other royal weddings. 

My favorite part was when she was starting to walk in and the little boy holding her train started to grin really big as the music played. He looked so excited. 

Seriously, I had no idea that VB not smiling was a thing that was constantly remarked upon.  I really thought maybe her and David were in a fight, I have had more than one blowup with hubs on the way to a wedding.  

I’ve always heard she doesn’t smile because she doesn’t was wrinkles or laugh lines. 

Somewhat to my surprise Mr. P watched the whole ceremony with me.  Then we had to do some chores.  We are not monarchists at all but we thought the wedding was lovely.

Meghan: A+

• Dress - perfect.  Givenchy!  British female designer! Simple, elegant, appropriate, no competition with Kate
  • Veil - gorgeous. Symbolism, embroidery ... swoon
  • Tiara - love.  Bless Queen Mary and bless Her Maj for digging that one out of the vault
  • Make-up lovely.  Hair needed a touch-up in the vestry.
  • Her solo entry was beautiful

Doria Ragland:  A+

• Demeanor perfect.  Hair, hat and dress  lovely.

Harry:  A

• He looked very nice and the tears were sweet.

Music: A+  Especially the cellist and Stand By Me choir

Best surprise:  Bishop Curry's sermon.  Minor points off for -

• Preaching about fire at Windsor (it practically burned to the ground)
  • Going on far too long.  (Mr. P - they need to crank up the choir and play him off just like at the Oscars.  Me - they've sent a bishop to get his crook and they'll pull him off the pulpit any second!)

Best Unintended Comedy Routine:  Various royal facial expressions during the sermon.  Bonus points to -

• the Queen for her heavy sigh and 
  • Zara Tindall for her jaw literally dropping open.

Best Photobomb:  The goofy grin on the pageboy's face as Meghan entered.

Best dressed (in a difficult color and looking stunning): Amal Clooney.

Biggest disappointment:  Beatrice and Eugenie's chapeaus.  Look, darlings, we love you in outrageous hats!

Other thought:  Good grief, I think Anne bought a new outfit.  

11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I’ve always heard she doesn’t smile because she doesn’t was wrinkles or laugh lines. 

I think I remember she addressed the non smiling. She said she smiles on the inside and has a responsibility to the fashion industry. I personally, like you and others here couldn’t care less whether or not she smiles but man she is undeindably cringeworthy in this video. 

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It’s mostly because Elton happens to be there. He’s had his blue-eyed soul moments.

Consdiering that Elton John sang at one of the worst moments of Harry's life -the funeral of his beloved mother- I can't imagine that he's want to be reminded of that.

Elton John performed at the reception.

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked this topic

Archived