IGNORED

The Royal Wedding looms ahead

Palimpsest

I wish that gospel choir wasn’t being wasted on a pop song I’ve never much cared for. Can’t they back Elton up on something with more soul?

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This choir sings beautifully. I love their version of, “Stand By Me.” 

This wedding is so interesting. It’s such a nice mix of English and American, as well as traditional and modern. It feels more personal than William and Catherine's Wedding (which makes sense considering where Harry now falls in the succession lineup.)

Loving Stand By Me. Crying...again.

The choir is amazing, I'm loving this, finally injecting some life into the BRF. I always knew Harry wasn't going to settle for a boring stale chick. Yasssss!

Ooh it’s just Harry for the vows and not the full name!!!

2 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I wish that gospel choir wasn’t being wasted on a pop song I’ve never much cared for. Can’t they back Elton up on something with more soul?

Wait, a Ben E. King song doesn't have enough soul?! What is your yardstick for soul?!

Y’all!!! We can hear the service over the speakers but we get the preparatory activities in front of us!!!

90A5AF6B-3401-4900-A2B3-12EA3CE149C5.jpeg

No joke, my toddler started clapping after the exchanging of rings without prompting. #babiessecondwedding #babiesfirstroyalwedding #jesuslovesthemall

(She really likes clapping these days. Timing was just perfect this time though. Lol!)

Man, these posh white people must be shook. That black priest/pastor took me to church. I’m surprised nobody broke out in tongues 

I was ready to start stomping the devil 

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

This wedding is so interesting. It’s such a nice mix of English and American, as well as traditional and modern. It feels more personal than William and Catherine's Wedding (which makes sense considering where Harry now falls in the succession lineup.)

I think megry had more saying in what goes in their wedding than willrine had but maybe the personalities played a part too 

Y’all!!! We can hear the service over the speakers but we get the preparatory activities in front of us!!!

Some new shots (for those without the option of love watching) 

ETA: leaving the typo for what it is, as it fits! (love watching instead of live watching)

IMG_20180519_133537752.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180519_133846346.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180519_133634603.jpg

Oh no, the kneeling. This was the worst part of my wedding. 

5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wait, a Ben E. King song doesn't have enough soul?! What is your yardstick for soul?!

I associate it with the 1986 movie. Never thought of it as soul music. I would have liked to hear the choir sing a rousing hymn, preferably Amazing Grace.

7 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I get not liking a song (though I personally love that one). I don’t get comparing Elton John and Ben E. King on the soul scale and thinking Elton comes out the winner...

Queen Mary’s tiara is like, “What the fuck happened while I was in the vault?”

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived