IGNORED

Joy & Austin 23: Still Sticking Around

Jellybean

@Mela99 I don't think the Duggars are pro birth as much as they are pro attention and not working hard for a living or an education. Having lots of kids proved to be the easy answer for JB and Michelle*  **

*Once the laundry fairy arrived.

** And TLC arrived on scene

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair Before Josh and before the whole BC “Revelation”  that led to the rest  Jim Bob hustled and worked like a Dog. Michelle helped him.

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

To be fair Before Josh and before the whole BC “Revelation”  that led to the rest  Jim Bob hustled and worked like a Dog. Michelle helped him.

Michelle married at 17 and had Josh at 21, so at best, 4 years of working outside the home. JB, I'm not so sure. He did work at the towing/car lot. Did he ever work as a RE agent? He worked briefly in government, and if reports are true, didn't show up most of the time. Coming from a dual working household, me 35 years and husband now at 40 years, I wouldn't consider the Duggars to be hard workers over the long haul. They have not worked like most people in the US must work-

They ran a convenience store, the towing service and Michelle did work as a realtor after she had josh IIRC. And that’s why I said around that time period They did work hard to make ends meet.

On 7/13/2018 at 12:21 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

And then they improperly restrain them in the car. At least they don't seem to be anti-vaxx. 

I'm not so sure they aren't.  Most extremist Christians are, the gubmint can't tell them what to do.   While I'm sure Josie was vaccinated that is only because she was in the NICU for so long as a micro premi the hospital & dr's woudl have insisted on it. Maybe the duggars did vaxx after Josie's birth because her immune system was so delicate, they had to be vaccinated to keep her from being sick. And world travel requires you to have certain vaccinations, I don't know if you can get out of it for, religious reasons, I think only medical ones, since you can't force someone who might die from the vaccine to get it, because that defeats the purpose of vaccinations, which is to SAVE lives not take them. 

44 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ima just leave this here. 

IMG_5225.PNG

oh his eyes just melt me. maybe he'll take after uncle Si and be a prankster. 

47 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ima just leave this here. 

IMG_5225.PNG

He's like a clone of his father.

13 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

oh his eyes just melt me. maybe he'll take after uncle Si and be a prankster. 

On Josiah’s wedding episode they actually showed a baby pic of him that reminded me a lot of Gideon! 

6BF18910-C2AD-4A8A-BBE4-43B3D3AE368B.jpeg

so TLC unlocked all of last seasons episodes ahead of the new season and I was watching a scene where Joy and Austin are helping out at the camp it pans to a chalk board that says today's menu. this is the list and now i Know I'd never want to eat there. 

fried Possum and Turnips 

pickled pigs feet and Squirrel dumplings 

black bird pie. 

if you want to see for yourself it's the episode Vuolos buy a house at the 39:51 mark. 

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

so TLC unlocked all of last seasons episodes ahead of the new season and I was watching a scene where Joy and Austin are helping out at the camp it pans to a chalk board that says today's menu. this is the list and now i Know I'd never want to eat there. 

fried Possum and Turnips 

black bird pie. 

if you want to see for yourself it's the episode Vuolos buy a house at the 39:51 mark. 

I don’t think that’s an actual menu ;-)

Yeah. It’s a joke. Even if it was not that kind of food not Disgusting or inedible.. rural people ate those things for centuries .

5 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

fried Possum and Turnips 

black bird pie.

Actually, even if it is a joke, I know people who regularly eat everything on that list - except the blackbird pie.

My mother loved pigs feet, and squirrel & dumplings is delicious. My parents' next-door neighbors ate possum and raccoon alllll the time.

As someone else said in an earlier/different thread:  Don't YUCK on someone's YUM.

Someone just posted in the Pickles FB group that Joy and Austin sold their house in Fayetteville; the one they were renovating last season on the show. I did some searching online and from what I can see the house was sold June 22, 2018. I don’t know the names of any of the local AR papers that might print the deed transfers to see who purchased the home or even if they’d make that information available online. I know my local paper prints that information and publishes it online but it is usually several months behind. 

This is the link to the tax records showing the property address: 

https://www.arcountydata.com/propsearch.asp

and here is one of the real estate websites that indicates it was sold on June 22. https://www.trulia.com/p/ar/fayetteville/18307-downing-rd-fayetteville-ar-72701--2064648319

The pictures on that listing are from before they fixed it up and it even makes the disclaimer that the listing information was from March 2017.

This could be another Duggar real estate shuffle, they might have flipped the house and moved on, or it could be that the Forsyth’s are still happily living there but I thought it was worth bringing up to see what others think about it.

1 minute ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Someone just posted in the Pickles FB group that Joy and Austin sold their house in Fayetteville; the one they were renovating last season on the show. I did some searching online and from what I can see the house was sold June 22, 2018. I don’t know the names of any of the local AR papers that might print the deed transfers to see who purchased the home or even if they’d make that information available online. I know my local paper prints that information and publishes it online but it is usually several months behind. 

This is the link to the tax records showing the property address: 

https://www.arcountydata.com/propsearch.asp

and here is one of the real estate websites that indicates it was sold on June 22. https://www.trulia.com/p/ar/fayetteville/18307-downing-rd-fayetteville-ar-72701--2064648319

The pictures on that listing are from before they fixed it up and it even makes the disclaimer that the listing information was from March 2017.

This could be another Duggar real estate shuffle, they might have flipped the house and moved on, or it could be that the Forsyth’s are still happily living there but I thought it was worth bringing up to see what others think about it.

I'm not really that surprised they sold it. that seemed to always be there plan. they are probably flipping another house. I do hope they had a plan though and aren't living in the RV again with Giddy well they fix up another house. 

They did pretty well if they bought it for just under 70k, and sold it for 140k

those wall colors though, lol... Looks like a bunch of high schoolers painted it :P

9 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I'm not really that surprised they sold it. that seemed to always be there plan. they are probably flipping another house. I do hope they had a plan though and aren't living in the RV again with Giddy well they fix up another house. 

Just curious.... why would it be a problem for them to live in the RV while house flipping ? It seems like a good way to save money while working on jobs together. And even taking into account all the expenses - that’s a tidy livable profit - especially for a young family with few expenses, and tv income to boot. Smart kids.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:38 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Actually, even if it is a joke, I know people who regularly eat everything on that list - except the blackbird pie.

My mother loved pigs feet, and squirrel & dumplings is delicious. My parents' next-door neighbors ate possum and raccoon alllll the time.

As someone else said in an earlier/different thread:  Don't YUCK on someone's YUM.

I’ve never had any of those foods, but it seems like if you’re going to a family camp, in the rural south, you might expect to try the local food. People can’t really put down the Duggar’s for turning up their nose at anything out of their comfort zone when they travel - and then snark on food from that region. 

It must be frustrating to live in / come from the US south and have it be the one culture people feel safe trashing ! 

24 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Just curious.... why would it be a problem for them to live in the RV while house flipping ? It seems like a good way to save money while working on jobs together. And even taking into account all the expenses - that’s a tidy livable profit - especially for a young family with few expenses, and tv income to boot. Smart kids.

I’ve never had any of those foods, but it seems like if you’re going to a family camp, in the rural south, you might expect to try the local food. People can’t really put down the Duggar’s for turning up their nose at anything out of their comfort zone when they travel - and then snark on food from that region. 

It must be frustrating to live in / come from the US south and have it be the one culture people feel safe trashing ! 

when it was just them okay them and a baby no way that shower didn't even work. 

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

when it was just them okay them and a baby no way that shower didn't even work. 

Well, definitely you want a way to bathe, but I would imagine they could go inside whatever house they are flipping ? 

Just now, Mama Mia said:

Well, definitely you want a way to bathe, but I would imagine they could go inside whatever house they are flipping ? 

well they weren't able the first time. in one of the episodes after the honeymoon Austin made it a point to say they had to find places to shower. I'm guessing they begged lots of showers at the TTH or Austin's parents. 

2 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well they weren't able the first time. in one of the episodes after the honeymoon Austin made it a point to say they had to find places to shower. I'm guessing they begged lots of showers at the TTH or Austin's parents. 

Hopefully then  if they are flipping and RVing they upgrade the RV enough to make it more comfortable with a baby. Are they close by either set of parents .? 

Joy. It's a construction site. Use some of that house flipping money to buy yourself some close-toed shoes. The saying is BAREFOOT and pregnant, not TOELESS and pregnant. 

12 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Joy got down and dirty helping Austin spread gravel. oh and adorable chunky Gid picture. 

Sweeeeetttt.... I have to say I’m inordinately jealous of people who want to do things like houseflip, have the skills and work ethic to do it, AND live somewhere where you can actually afford to do it. A couple of my family would love this life- but at $700k +++++ for the cheapest, red-tagged, burnt out shell of nothing on a teeny, tiny lot —- not happening. California Bay Area is great for tolerance, progressive employment law, etc —— but housing? Hell no. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived