IGNORED

Joy & Austin 23: Still Sticking Around

Jellybean

11 hours ago, Scrabblemaster said:

My grandmother still does exactly this, she sends congratulation cards on our birthdays and they always have stickers on the evelopes and inside the cards. Mostly flowers or birds or themed ones like Happy Birthday, it's very lovely. She is 83 years young. 

My grandmother did this too! On birthdaycards and envelopes. I miss her. :my_heart:

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooo I have planned to go shopping on Saturday and for now there are on my list: postcards, stickers for kids and for adults, non-permanent tattoos for kids and for adults. Thanks for bringing them back to my mind!

I can barely imagine what kind of stickers Joy and Austin would buy for their kids. Encouraging psalm stickers? Is there something like a sticker bible book? I feel like wtf with my own thoughts. Well, from Jill's Instagram we know at least J &D let their kids watch Peppa pig, so I can hope that Joy and Austin are open for some normal childhood figures/stars. 

6 hours ago, Scrabblemaster said:

Sooo I have planned to go shopping on Saturday and for now there are on my list: postcards, stickers for kids and for adults, non-permanent tattoos for kids and for adults. Thanks for bringing them back to my mind!

I can barely imagine what kind of stickers Joy and Austin would buy for their kids. Encouraging psalm stickers? Is there something like a sticker bible book? I feel like wtf with my own thoughts. Well, from Jill's Instagram we know at least J &D let their kids watch Peppa pig, so I can hope that Joy and Austin are open for some normal childhood figures/stars. 

The Dills may allow Paw Patrol too. I’m pretty sure I heard Derick use one of the character’s names in the, “Izzy blows out his birthday candles,” video.

I LOVE stickers. I liked to count them. I had more than 10000. So many of them were just the alphabet over and over. I loved them all equally (too much)

When I was in grade 2 there was this amazing giant crayon filled with stickers that you could earn for good work. My classmates would steal them at indoor recess. I proudly ratted them out, so those stickers could be mine. Totally worth it.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:59 AM, Carm_88 said:

I love stickers! I have tons; they're just not for me! I write letters to my friends and I decorate their envelopes with shiny stickers that I know they will love. One of my friends in the US says that her postman gets a chuckle out of seeing the brightly stickered envelopes with bunnies and ducks on them! :P Makes me smile, makes the postman smile, and of course makes my friends smile! 

When I had penpals, that's what I did as well. 

Kudos to you for keeping letter writing alive :my_heart:. I miss getting hand written letters. 

I loathe stickers with a passion as I used to babysit a six-year-old Satan who would remove doorknobs and hide wallets and one day she took literally 50 stickers and affixed them to fresh paint when I changing her brother's diaper. Needless to say, I was never asked back again. 

23 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

When I had penpals, that's what I did as well. 

Kudos to you for keeping letter writing alive :my_heart:. I miss getting hand written letters. 

I still write letters to elderly relatives but I’ve got to say it makes my hand ache these days! 

I had lots of pen friends as a teenager. One of them, a German girl, visited me in Australia when we were 21. We are 51 and 52 now and still write - albeit by email. We’ve met 7 times and have just arranged to have 4 days together in Athens when I’m in Europe on September!  Very exciting :)

I lost touch with my penpals when I moved. Sad actually. I never found them in social media. It was great while it lasted.

Want to endear yourself to your oh-so-grown-up child who just joined the military? Send them letters in envelopes covered in kiddie stickers while they are in basic training. Makes for a fun mail call. Also makes for some interesting comments by the drill sergeant about the person sending and the person receiving the mail. Don't ask me how I know. I love my parenting style! My son, not so much. :my_biggrin:

15 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Want to endear yourself to your oh-so-grown-up child who just joined the military? Send them letters in envelopes covered in kiddie stickers while they are in basic training. Makes for a fun mail call. Also makes for some interesting comments by the drill sergeant about the person sending and the person receiving the mail. Don't ask me how I know. I love my parenting style! My son, not so much. :my_biggrin:

I wish I had thought of that when #1 son was in basic. But, he got himself in enough trouble...don't smirk at the DI while he's yelling at you...and DEFINITELY don't tell the DI "my mama could make you cry"

@feministxtianYep, it was quite the rude awakening for my smart-ass son too. Mr. Butt, my brother, my SIL and I had all been in the military and tried to tell him. But being who he is, he had to push the boundaries and found himself pushing the ground (doing push ups). 

7 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

@feministxtianYep, it was quite the rude awakening for my smart-ass son too. Mr. Butt, my brother, my SIL and I had all been in the military and tried to tell him. But being who he is, he had to push the boundaries and found himself pushing the ground (doing push ups). 

Hubs tried to warn him about basic. But, he didn't listen. And...as it happened, once he told the DI "my mama could make you cry", the DI basically left him alone through the rest of basic training. It didn't hurt (or help) that every time my son was asked things like "where'd you learn to shoot" his stock answer was "my mama". Then there was that year in Iraq where he entertained his buddies by telling "my mama" stories. I'm pretty sure most of them weren't true...well, except for telling off the cop without ever taking my cigarette out of my mouth and speeding a few times when the boys dared me. 

My son once told me that he never loved me so much as he did in basic training. He discovered that I was an integral part of making him who he was (certainly not the smart-ass part :my_angel:)and he would and could survive basic training. 

Once he got to Korea, I was the "favorite" mom among the boys. Think 200 boxes of girl scout cookies. Also made a little girl scout very happy.

On 07/05/2018 at 9:56 PM, SweetJuly said:

No stickers, but we used to get candy after doctor's appointments, especially after vaccinations.

Now that I am an adult, all I get is the vaccination and the fact that I won't die of polio or tetanus :(

Addendum: I really, really miss the scented stickers I would receive at school when we lived in Florida.

Also, what happened to these scented felt pens? I had them as a child in the US, but don't recall ever seeing them once we moved to Europe. Were they ever sold here? Were they banned due to extreme toxicity (would sadden but not surprise me)? Can you still get them in the US?

Where I work we offer flu vaccines for businesses, we give out lollypops AND stickers ;) nothing funnier than 40yr old men fighting over lollypop flavours haha, to be fair the orange ones are the bomb!

My dad tried to do that when my sister-in-law's brother was going into the Navy and with one of my brother's friends into the Army. Warning him how hard boot camp was. That it was Hell. Don't lip off to the DI. Both laughed him off saying that well that was when he was in the Army and that was a long time ago. It changed. Times were different. It wasn't like that anymore. Both told him after boot camp he had been absolutely right.   My dad just laughed. Boot camp never changes.   

I've been watching these rather, eh, second class news videos about Duggars on YouTube, and honestly... my favourites have been the ones with scandalous titles like, Joy-Anna Confirmed For Premarital Sex!!! and then it's revealed that uhyup, the vid doesn't even talk about it and has absolutely no proof. Like... Clickbait's a clickbait, but usually they have at least a speck of truth in 'em.

Ug I can’t imagine living a life where people posted videos about me like that. It must’ve horrible. 

4 hours ago, Tryamon said:

Ug I can’t imagine living a life where people posted videos about me like that. It must’ve horrible. 

The fact that they literally would have no chance for premarital sex, for example, makes it even more absurd.

As if the Duggar chaperones would suddenly hand the courting/engaged couple keys to a motel and say "go wild, kids!" :pb_glasses:

There is a site that comes on my newsfeed on FB,where people comment,and they said she'd already had her baby in December,and that it was a shot gun wedding..etc.When she did have him in February,they claimed it was an old picture,that he was "too big" etc.One woman said there was a picture of Austin at the hospital back in November or December,but she refused to share this picture.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:40 AM, JordynDarby5 said:

My dad tried to do that when my sister-in-law's brother was going into the Navy and with one of my brother's friends into the Army. Warning him how hard boot camp was. That it was Hell. Don't lip off to the DI. Both laughed him off saying that well that was when he was in the Army and that was a long time ago. It changed. Times were different. It wasn't like that anymore. Both told him after boot camp he had been absolutely right.   My dad just laughed. Boot camp never changes.   

Absolutely.I think the drill sgts. target anyone assumed to be weak,arrogant or meek.I don't think I could have done it.I'm too sensitive.

I think that that people were trying to find any excuse they could to justify that it was a shot gun wedding , even though those excuses were ridiculous honestly. I remember when Carlin posted a pic with Joy from Tori’s wedding and people were saying that Joy already had the baby because that looked like a post partum belly. And when she uploaded the video tour of the house in January people said it was filmed before because her outfit seemed like it was for another kinda weather. It made no sense.

The worst part was that I think a lot of these rumors came from the fact that Joy was showing a lot, and people thought she was further along than she was. Kendra and Joe announced 3 Months after the wedding like Joy and Austin, but you don’t see this type of things written about them, and I think that’s because Kendra isn’t showing as much. It makes me angry that people came up with all this stuff because of how Joy looked. God forbid women carry differently. 

Can't believe she's already celebrated her first Mother's Day! I LOVE her dress and her wedges. Not sure how I feel about the caption.

Did Austin take an elective at homeschool called The Michelle Duggar Method for Well Wishing? 

That aside, Joy looks fantastic and I want that dress. 

I saw this on Sunday but was to lazy to try and figure out how to bring it here on my phone. :5624798e9d94f_No-clue-man-no-clue-shurg: Anyway I commented on Intsa That's it? You need to try harder, I think he's very new at this feelings thing, they've spent so long suppressing them they they have no idea how to express them verbally, and writing that out fagetaboutit, not with their SOTDRT education. I'll give hi props for acknowledging his bride on Mother's Day, it is a hell of a lot more the Derelict did. 

Reading some of the comments on Insta people were saying Joy looks like she's forcing a smile and her hair is mess and she looks stressed and horrible. I personally thought she looked cute, they were a cute little family going to church on Mother's Day. 

47 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I saw this on Sunday but was to lazy to try and figure out how to bring it here on my phone. :5624798e9d94f_No-clue-man-no-clue-shurg: Anyway I commented on Intsa That's it? You need to try harder, I think he's very new at this feelings thing, they've spent so long suppressing them they they have no idea how to express them verbally, and writing that out fagetaboutit, not with their SOTDRT education. I'll give hi props for acknowledging his bride on Mother's Day, it is a hell of a lot more the Derelict did. 

Reading some of the comments on Insta people were saying Joy looks like she's forcing a smile and her hair is mess and she looks stressed and horrible. I personally thought she looked cute, they were a cute little family going to church on Mother's Day. 

Can’t lie, my first thought after seeing the pic was ‘if only she’d brushed her hair’ because the dress/shoes combo is wonderful! I think a simple side braid would have been cute with the outfit too, and it would have looked more ‘done’. 

She amazes Austin with her character and love for their savour who I assume is Jesus and not their son.

Surely a mother's day post should mention a new mother's mothering and love for her child?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived