IGNORED

Dillards 57: Run, D’Wreck, Run!

Jellybean

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

this gem: “I also feel it is important for people (especially some of my followers on Twitter) to recognize that some discrimination is good and it’s a vital part of a healthy society.” 

How is discrimination good? By its very definition it's treating a person or group unfairly. Unless he means some people are inherently worth less than others, which does go with the man he voted for, but still doesn't sound very Christian to me. 

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill's/Derick's(?) post "Unity in Diversity" had absolutely nothing to do with unity or diversity.  Here is how many times both words appeared according to the handy dandy find and replace tool.  

Diversity 0 times

Unity 1 time

Race 1 time

Gender/LGBT/Gay/Transgender  0 times

Female/women 0 times

However...

Jesus 14 times

Bible 3 times

Christ 25 times

God 14 times

Lord 2 times

Redeem 4 times

Gospel 6 times

Sin 5 times

Yo, Jill/Derick,  If you want to talk about Jesus,  talk about Jesus,  but for the love just call a spade a spade and use a title that makes sense.

11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Sadly, I think it's entirely possible that's she's perfectly happy, that she adores her husband, that she supports his asininity on Twitter, and that she thinks she truly does have the #besthubbyever and her kids have the #bestpapaever. 

Normally I'd agree, but have you seen her more recent videos? Even the one advising the death-trap stroller hack showed a seriously deflated Pill. No one's saying she was perfect as a Duggar (according to worldly, heathenistic standards), but she was definitely happy in her bubble, energetic and chatty. Now? Subdued, sad, and overwhelmed is the way she comes across in social media. She sounded so over everything in the stroller death trap video. 

IDK what's exactly going on in the Dullard house, but these are not people who seem content with their choices and their lives. They definitely appear to have decided to submit to their daily realities, and to chastise others to do the same...but they're not a compelling example of Christian happiness.

19 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Did someone here say that yesterday’s “Unity in Diversity” post was by Jill? I think it’s by Derick. It’s credited to both of them. Anyway, it’s a hot mess. Only the last paragraph has anything to do with the title.

I think it's written by Derick, too. Ain't no way Jill knows what post-modernism is. 

I think Jill relies too heavily on her mother for opinions. I feel bad for her only in the fact that she could get very lost in this Derick/Jim Bob mess. Jill is very  obedient. She currently hasn’t demonstrated any individual thought, it’s always come from somewhere. I know that they encourage women to not have independent thought, but many of them still seem to even if it does toe the line. Anna is a wonderful example of this when 19Kids was still a thing. She would have her initial reaction and then within 3 seconds she’d have her Gothard approved reaction.

4 hours ago, artdecades said:

They just lack common sense. There is no doubt that JinJer and Benessa feel the same way but they aren’t writing blogs about it. Jessa and Ben used to be like that but they learned that cute baby pics helped their brand more than ranting screeds. The dullards have not learned that lesson

But in their minds, Derick and Jill are being persecuted for speaking the ‘truth.’ It’s something to be proud of. They think they will earn points the more people they piss off, because they are being brave and sharing their convictions and aren’t ashamed of the Gospel, even when it’s message is unpopular. 

Its easy for us to see they are harming their image, but I seriously doubt Derick could be convinced he isn’t some grand martyr for his faith. 

I’m always behind on posting because by the time I think of a (somewhat) clever response, the convo had moved on.

But here’s my wishful #jilldillardlifehack: “How to convince your #besthubbyever to pull his head out of his ass, delete Twitter, then get a job and support his family!” Now that would be impressive!

@QuiverFullofBooksJill mentioned in her post about the prayer list that she got it at an event her mother spoke at recently. So she wasn’t trying to hide the connection to her mom at all - she flat out stated it.

And Venessa Giron was Jill’s Midwife mentor. I’m guessing the Vanessa mentioned is a different person entirely.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

@QuiverFullofBooksJill mentioned in her post about the prayer list that she got it at an event her mother spoke at recently. So she wasn’t trying to hide the connection to her mom at all - she flat out stated it.

And Venessa Giron was Jill’s Midwife mentor. I’m guessing the Vanessa mentioned is a different person entirely.

I meant the connection to ATI/IBLP, not her mother. Whoops, I guess the recipe is the normal spelling, not Venessa.

1 hour ago, Jilli said:

I think Jill relies too heavily on her mother for opinions. I feel bad for her only in the fact that she could get very lost in this Derick/Jim Bob mess. Jill is very  obedient. She currently hasn’t demonstrated any individual thought, it’s always come from somewhere. I know that they encourage women to not have independent thought, but many of them still seem to even if it does toe the line. Anna is a wonderful example of this when 19Kids was still a thing. She would have her initial reaction and then within 3 seconds she’d have her Gothard approved reaction.

She also came out of her shell so much when they lived in DC. 

Who are Jill and Derick trying to fool? And why? Those two are so clueless. 

3 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Who are Jill and Derick trying to fool? And why? Those two are so clueless. 

Much to my dismay, quite a few people judging by the defensive comments on twitter and instagram...either they are still under the Duggar charm spell or they legitimately hold those same views. 

16 minutes ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

Much to my dismay, quite a few people judging by the defensive comments on twitter and instagram...either they are still under the Duggar charm spell or they legitimately hold those same views. 

Some of their "fans" think Jill and Derick can do no wrong. :my_confused:

From a totally BEC view. The stroller death trap video was one of the least professional things I've ever seen. Saying hi to random people who walk in halfway through? Messing around with propping up the phone for like thirty seconds? Not to mention the rambling and the bad lighting.

All it would have taken to cut those bits out is literally 30 seconds in Windows Movie Maker. That's probably too much like hard work though. 

8 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

Jill's/Derick's(?) post "Unity in Diversity" had absolutely nothing to do with unity or diversity.  Here is how many times both words appeared according to the handy dandy find and replace tool.  

Diversity 0 times

Unity 1 time

Race 1 time

Gender/LGBT/Gay/Transgender  0 times

Female/women 0 times

However...

Jesus 14 times

Bible 3 times

Christ 25 times

God 14 times

Lord 2 times

Redeem 4 times

Gospel 6 times

Sin 5 times

Yo, Jill/Derick,  If you want to talk about Jesus,  talk about Jesus,  but for the love just call a spade a spade and use a title that makes sense.

I was pretty sure I didn’t want to read their blogpost before I saw your list. Now I’m a 100% sure and am going to do something more useful with my life. Staring aimlessly into space and think about nothing for a while. 

9 hours ago, amandaaries said:

. Now? Subdued, sad, and overwhelmed is the way she comes across in social media. She sounded so over everything in the stroller death trap video. 

She does have two small children to look after, and I'm hesitant to make snap judgements based on curated social media posts, but I know what you mean

3 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

All it would have taken to cut those bits out is literally 30 seconds in Windows Movie Maker. That's probably too much like hard work though. 

They're Apple/Mac people. iMovie is HARD to learn, yall. /sarcasm

11 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

- Derick posted in January about the changes the Boy Scouts made then, and it’s a doozy. Highlights include defensiveness toward the Twitter commenters, a gratuitous mention of abortion, and this gem: “I also feel it is important for people (especially some of my followers on Twitter) to recognize that some discrimination is good and it’s a vital part of a healthy society.” 

Translation: "Discrimination is good as long as I agree with it and/or it is targeted at people I don't like." 

15 hours ago, amandaaries said:

I will say this for D'Wreck: he's much more of a wild card headship than I originally anticipated. I wouldn't have imagined a people-pleaser like Jill would have wound up with such an aggressively irritating troll like D'wreck, but here we are. 

Another shining example of how well the courtship model works.

12 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

I too wish Dwreck would just write the book already. Send that crystal Duggar palace crashing to ground.

As much as I’d love to read that book, I don’t know how much of it I’d believe. Dwreck, much like Trump, has said so many contradictory things that his credibility is shot. Without significant evidence to support their claims, I’m not inclined to believe anything either one of them says.

Just watched the latest videos on the Dillard channel and it's all kinds of cluelessness, while it's not necessarily wrong it just looks awful.  I watched them trying to roast marshmallows over large flames  and I am like oh my gosh you guys, wait for the coals. So I am BEM today evidently.  :my_biggrin:

Here is baby's first time trying Nepali food. Yes let's feed our baby two inches from our toddler's feet and post it.  Oh Jill, for the love, just stop with the train wrecks.

:TrainWreckMotion:

5aec5bc25f2f9_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.e85a05e9862c99b620812e64dec0dd06.png

PS I regard to inform you all,  in one Izzy says twice, "They say we are going to have another baby!"  I can't speculate if that's an announcement, who "they" are or if it's Jill and Derick's attempt at smoke and mirrors.  Jill acts fake surprise at Izzy's comment.   #allthatwasmissingwasahashtag

56 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

PS I regard to inform you all,  in one Izzy says twice, "They say we are going to have another baby!"  I can't speculate if that's an announcement, who "they" are or if it's Jill and Derick's attempt at smoke and mirrors.  Jill acts fake surprise at Izzy's comment.   #allthatwasmissingwasahashtag

Please, Rufus, no. No. NO.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Please, Rufus, no. No. NO.

Michael Scott is my hero lol! Seriously though, that is the best show ever!!!!!!!!

Full disclosure, I think it's probably random kid nonsense (or he's talking about Kendra or Jinger), but Jill definitely left that in riiiiiiight at the end of the video for a reason. Sigh.

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Full disclosure, I think it's probably random kid nonsense (or he's talking about Kendra or Jinger), but Jill definitely left that in riiiiiiight at the end of the video for a reason. Sigh.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I would aaaaaaalmost call that "social media savvy." Arguably dishonest, but savvy.

49 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I would aaaaaaalmost call that "social media savvy." Arguably dishonest, but savvy.

That's definitely what she's aiming for, but as usual with the Dillards it's so ham fisted and just plain weird. If she wanted it to gain traction with her followers and create some hype, why on earth post it on their YouTube channel? They have a grand total of 202 subscribers. Their videos (aside from the car seat hack which gained notoriety in the tabloids) are averaging 1-2k views.

They have far more followers on Instagram, and that seems to be where their fans hang out. Why not post this on Instagram instead? And how many people stopped watching before the coy 'baby' line at some point during the snooze-inducing minute and fifteen seconds where Israel and Sam eat a pickle? Sure, this'll get some attention now because we're talking about it here, but there are so many ways she could have dropped the hint that would have reached a lot more people a lot faster and probably created more of the hype she was hoping for.

By the way, Jill (Derick?), if you're not pregnant, you're treading a fine line. Pull this kind of thing too much and people are going to just start ignoring you. Then when it really is time to announce Baby Dilly #3, people will care even less than they would have in the first place.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived