IGNORED

Dillards 57: Run, D’Wreck, Run!

Jellybean

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

So are they volunteers that were forced to be on the show!?

They were voluntold to be on (by JimBob) is probably how Derrick sees it.

Jill must be conflicted because she was always JB’s favourite and I get the sense she adored him right back. Now her headship is shitting all over her father’s reality tv choices.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

So I just watched Whoopi read Derick's tweet on the View. The co-hosts ripped him apart. It's nice to see them all on the same page for this. And Meghan was the one to whip out science and stats to prove he is full of it. 

I think they may have missed the point that he's not on the show or on TLC anymore. Joy said "he's on a conservative show, how is it the liberal agenda, they are on the same network?" Whoopi referred to what they do on "your show". Derick would shout back "that's not our show, I'm not on that network!". But whatever. They were on that show, that network, and they are a part of that family so same diff really. Good points made by all the co-hosts.

You go Derick! Your tweets are doing more and more to discredit everything you stand for everyday. You are really reaching people! Everyday someone who doesn't know or care who the hell you are comes upon one of your hateful rants: on a social media feed, in an article, hears it on tv or the radio... and they see you are full of shit and they distance themselves from the things you endorse. So spread your shit far and wide. Something beautiful, something you don't want just might to grow out of it.

I’m not surprised Meghan McCain was calling Derick out. I don’t agree with Meghan on everything, but she (and her mom too) have never been hostile towards the LGBTQ community as far as I know. She even posed with her mom for the NOH8 campaign about 8 years ago:

http://www.noh8campaign.com/article/why-i-posed-by-meghan-mccain

ECE347E6-3C57-486A-8F12-A213F37FDB37.jpeg.a574b67f17cd7703d4a19f7b711221ad.jpeg

(For our non-American friends, Proposition 8 was a ballot proposition that eventually became state law in California back in 2008 - it was created by anti-marriage equality assholes. It was ruled unconstitutional in 2010 and was struck down, but the court decision didn’t go into effect until late June 2013 following appeals. So Cindy and Meghan's decision to pose was a very public show of support for the LGBTQ community.)

I don’t know about the McCain women but John inflicted Caribou Barbie on us and that was the beginning of the Trump era in a way, a sin that cannot be forgiven.

She mentioned her mom in the segment. She said she herself had been an advocate for LGBQT from a young age and that what had tured her mother around on the issue was adoption. She wanted more kids to be adopted so the idea that more kids would be adopted by loving gay parent was more important than whatever anti gay view they had.

8 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I don’t know about the McCain women but John inflicted Caribou Barbie on us and that was the beginning of the Trump era in a way, a sin that cannot be forgiven.

I’m cool with blaming John for that. I don’t think he liked the idea of Sarah Palin as his running mate and would have preferred someone else, but no one forced him to pick her. He made that choice and deserves any blame he gets for introducing her to the national stage.

I do think John has done some good for the country and I will always appreciate his incredible service during Vietnam, but yeah... he screwed the country pretty bad at times.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

See, I personally get the impression that he's trying to gaslight AND he's a piss poor communicator. So his attempts at gaslighting are ridiculously transparent, and his attempts at basic communication are befuddling.

I think he's also been under the impression lately that he's SUPER clever and REALLY smart and can totally pull fast ones on people because no one will catch him.  So there's a disconnect because he's presenting this confidence as if he's sure he's got the upper hand, but it's so transparent as to be laughable.  He reminds me of my brother when he was a pre-schooler and didn't want to finish his dinner....so he would put a napkin over the top of the plate and declare "All gone!".  For the LONGEST time he did NOT understand how it was SO OBVIOUS to my parents that there was still food on the plate and why covering the plate with a napkin didn't fool them.  He really, genuinely believed that they had no way of knowing that the food was still there.  How did they know when they couldn't see it?!?  Critical thinking is hard to understand for those who do not employ it.  

So I think he's trying to be clever, he BELIEVES he is being clever, but that is all very confusing because we inherently assume adults have better faculties across the board than Derick is showing.  If you read his tweets like they're written by a child trying to deflect blame off themselves, they make more sense (at least in my mind).  

Also, I just want to give a shout out to Jill for posting those lists.  It's easy in all of this to pity Jill and give her a pass, so it's kind of her to remind us that she is almost as toxic as her husband, and quite frankly, I'm quickly moving towards the position that they deserve each other.  It's always nice when crappy people partner off together so that no one else has to deal with their bullshit.

And finally, BIG props to the TLC EDITING TEAM!  How did they manage to edit out the gun they were holding to Derick's head to FORCE him to participate?  Because even with an ironclad contract, he STILL could have said "No" (there just would have been consequences).  

Have we talked about Jill's new blog post? She's definitely making it clear whose side she's on.

It is clearly just a very wordy, meandering, painfully boring way of saying:

1) The Bible is fact and not open to interpretation.

2) The Biblical God says no being gay or trans.

3) If you claim to be a Christian, you must follow Biblical rules (ex. no being gay or trans).

4) This is the only path to real happiness.

Link: https://www.dillardfamily.com/2018/05/unity-in-diversity/

12 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I think he's also been under the impression lately that he's SUPER clever and REALLY smart and can totally pull fast ones on people because no one will catch him.  So there's a disconnect because he's presenting this confidence as if he's sure he's got the upper hand, but it's so transparent as to be laughable.  He reminds me of my brother when he was a pre-schooler and didn't want to finish his dinner....so he would put a napkin over the top of the plate and declare "All gone!".  For the LONGEST time he did NOT understand how it was SO OBVIOUS to my parents that there was still food on the plate and why covering the plate with a napkin didn't fool them.  He really, genuinely believed that they had no way of knowing that the food was still there.  How did they know when they couldn't see it?!?  Critical thinking is hard to understand for those who do not employ it.  

Lol, that story is funny and is a perfect way to describe what DerDill is doing. 

But, maybe if Izzy doesn't want to finish his supper sometime he can try that move...it might work on his parents. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m not surprised Meghan McCain was calling Derick out. I don’t agree with Meghan on everything, but she (and her mom too) have never been hostile towards the LGBTQ community as far as I know. She even posed with her mom for the NOH8 campaign about 8 years ago:

http://www.noh8campaign.com/article/why-i-posed-by-meghan-mccain

ECE347E6-3C57-486A-8F12-A213F37FDB37.jpeg.a574b67f17cd7703d4a19f7b711221ad.jpeg

(For our non-American friends, Proposition 8 was a ballot proposition that eventually became state law in California back in 2008 - it was created by anti-marriage equality assholes. It was ruled unconstitutional in 2010 and was struck down, but the court decision didn’t go into effect until late June 2013 following appeals. So Cindy and Meghan's decision to pose was a very public show of support for the LGBTQ community.)

As a Canadian who was 21 and not really wise on issues outside of Canada at the time, my entire knowledge of Prop 8 came from this Funny or Die skit. 

7 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Derick says they didn't have a choice about being on TLC.

He has also posted a new blog "Unity in Diversity". His points seem to be - Obedience to what God rather than our own desires, Be careful you're worshiping the right biblical God instead of false idols, and that the Church is the most diverse body in the world. The last point is made in a single paragraph not linked to the others in any identifiable way. There was possibly some other stuff which I just could not force my brain to take in. 

We are instructed to have "confidence when proclaiming God’s word. If people reject and/or ridicule you, they are not ridiculing you if you’re just the messenger." from which I gather this blog is actually about his hate crusade, though he completely fails to make any such connection which would provide his writing with at least some topical relevance.

He seems to be lacking both theological and communication skills. I feel almost bad for him - Cross Church is clearly scamming them out of money in return for busywork and missioncations.

Jill also posted a whole bunch of pictures from April (with captions!) and some youtube videos. A personal favourite of Sam below:

Poor Sam, zero fucks to give. 

D'Wreck and Pill.  Gifts that just keep giving.  Pill not a typo!

31 minutes ago, Nargus said:

As a Canadian who was 21 and not really wise on issues outside of Canada at the time, my entire knowledge of Prop 8 came from this Funny or Die skit. 

@Nargus  Thank for the video.  The Mayor of a small town near me won't let the school kids paint a rainbow crosswalk.   But the owner of the only historic hotel right downtown let them turn her parking lot into a rainbow flag AND fly a rainbow flag from the hotel cupola!  So many pissed off fundy's in this town.  Going to send this video to the Mayor.

Love the picture of Sam I’m debating on making it my new avatar.  The Derik dislike is a little strong to have his body in the background cropped to not.

Hot damn.  Second sentence of the blog, "You here it said in many different ways." :pb_lol:

Super professional blog to accompany super professional behavior.  How is it that such a charming, articulate, intellectually curious couple keeps finding trouble on social media? 

Must be Satan. :pb_evil: Couldn't be a message from Jesus, no way. 

ETA: kept reading, and that is a mess of grammar. But I also want to see if they'll  correct that "here." 

2 hours ago, bananabread said:

Have we talked about Jill's new blog post? She's definitely making it clear whose side she's on.

<snip>

4) This is the only path to real happiness.

Link: https://www.dillardfamily.com/2018/05/unity-in-diversity/

Oh really, Jill?  If you know the best way to live life and the one way that leads to ultimate bliss, then why do you continually look miserable?  Why does your life, despite the miracle of social media editing, look like the absolute worst?  Don't talk to me about "real happiness".  You don't even have FAKE happiness!  Is there a Christ-honoring seat you could take? If not, please use one of the secular ones because you need to SIT DOWN with your life advice.  

No matter what you believe, heaven is always a maybe.  But the present is an absolute certainty.  And your present life looks like hell on earth to me, Jill.  Maybe YOU think it's worth it to put yourself in Hell for a SHOT at Heaven, but I think that's a pretty dumb deal.  I'd rather live my best life here, and take my chances with the hereafter.  And I'd rather other people ALSO live their best lives, rather than sacrificing their guaranteed chance at happiness for a maybe.

So if I don't make it to Heaven, at least I lived.  If YOU don't make it to Heaven, then you just get double Hell.   

They just lack common sense. There is no doubt that JinJer and Benessa feel the same way but they aren’t writing blogs about it. Jessa and Ben used to be like that but they learned that cute baby pics helped their brand more than ranting screeds. The dullards have not learned that lesson

1 minute ago, artdecades said:

They just lack common sense. There is no doubt that JinJer and Benessa feel the same way but they aren’t writing blogs about it. Jessa and Ben used to be like that but they learned that cute baby pics helped their brand more than ranting screeds. The dullards have not learned that lesson.

I think Derick is too arrogant and stubborn to learn such a lesson. It's really strange to watch Benessa, who at least seem to try to get out of their comfort zone, and compare them to the Dullards. Despite living abroad, the Dullards seemed firmly ensconced in their own belief system and completely unwilling to change anything about themselves, their beliefs, or their actions. 

I will say this for D'Wreck: he's much more of a wild card headship than I originally anticipated. I wouldn't have imagined a people-pleaser like Jill would have wound up with such an aggressively irritating troll like D'wreck, but here we are. 

I really wish Derick would just write the book already instead of hinting around that something happened with their tv participation behind the scenes, but never confirming the details.

He is not powerful or politically connected like Jim Bob, Michelle or even Josh when he was at the research council . I don't know why anyone is giving his views air time right now. Even Whoopi (on the View) asked "who is this guy?" That was basically her way of saying he is insignificant in the scheme of energy use.

I no longer know what to say about Jill except that she was at the Duggar house with pants on. So much for the belie that the females can't go around the parents/ minors with worldly clothes on. It's all a cash cow of a hoax. And honestly, I can't wait until someone busts the ceiling through. Until then..

This may be wildly unpopular but I do not like when people throw Josh's molestation at Jill in the comment sections as if it's a debate technique to use on every damn time she says. It's just cringe worthy to expect Jill to reply about something so sensitive on social media.  Jill was his VICTIM.  Yes, her lack of a clear message is disappointing, I think most agree it doesn't takes a two part special with Megyn Kelly to denounce his actions. Instead we got a lot of Jesus talk, we learned SODRT statistics leave a lot to be desired and JB & M are shitty parents.

While I think the MK interview was an absolute train wreck, I can see why she was so distraught and humiliated at the time to agree to try and make it all go away.  I don't believe she would do it again in hindsight and even if she would,  I am not comfortable telling her or any other victim their response to their abuse is wrong.

Some victims find healing in sharing their story over and over, becoming an advocate, educating others,  and diligently fighting to lock up abusers and throw away the key.   And some don't.  And that's 100% okay with me,  victims of sexual assault don't owe anyone a damn thing.  It's okay for them to recover, they don't have to stay a victim forever or justify where they are at in the process.

I never want to make a victim of sexual assault feel they owe me an explanation.

I think everyone can tell Jill she is spouting hateful shit perfectly fine without dragging the abuse she suffered into the discussion. 

Sigh. Jill:

Does the world around me really have the most fulfilling things to offer?  I’ve found that people so often try to change themselves, hoping for that maximum fulfillment, but the truth is that they only become more miserable. Sure, they may find a false sense of joy and be fulfilled for a time, but then are left wanting more.  The prince of this world, the devil, is a clever deceiver and would love nothing more than to remain “under the radar”, not wanting you to believe he exists, so that you continue believing the lie that we have all the answers for our own happiness if we will only look deep enough within ourselves.

So we are all deceived into personal happiness and fulfillment by the Prince Devil (what?).

As opposed to your truly fulfilled and joyful husband.

Gotcha.

I agree with you to a point, but at the same time when her own husband spouts off about kids being exploited for TV and "perversions", that's Dwreck throwing her under the bus because pot/kettle. Which, I'm sorry, is something a true #besthubbyever would NEVER do. But I don't think Dwreck loves Jill, not really. Or maybe he does to some degree because that leads to my next point..  

I too wish Dwreck would just write the book already. Send that crystal Duggar palace crashing to ground. But I honestly believe he won't tell all because he would shatter Jill in the process. Jill is way too connected to her family, and he would not only destroy any relationship she'd have with them but probably her delusions that they were so great and perfect too. Talk about a slap in the face that everything you thought you knew, everyone you trusted was just a lie. And we know Jill is kinda fragile so I have to hope Dwreck is holding back to spare her.

I misread the thread title as "Ruin, D'Wreck, Ruin!" and it seems I wasn't that far off. He's a mess, constantly victimizing and contradicting himself. I don't think even he buys the brand of crazy that he is selling.

Derick absolutely had a choice. Barring extreme circumstances, adults always have choices. What he means to say is "I had a tough choice, and instead of admitting that I picked the easy option I'm going to pretend that my life choices are out of my control so I don't have to take mental  responsibility for myself." 

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Oh really, Jill?  If you know the best way to live life and the one way that leads to ultimate bliss, then why do you continually look miserable?  Why does your life, despite the miracle of social media editing, look like the absolute worst?  Don't talk to me about "real happiness".  You don't even have FAKE happiness!  Is there a Christ-honoring seat you could take? If not, please use one of the secular ones because you need to SIT DOWN with your life advice.  

No matter what you believe, heaven is always a maybe.  But the present is an absolute certainty.  And your present life looks like hell on earth to me, Jill.  Maybe YOU think it's worth it to put yourself in Hell for a SHOT at Heaven, but I think that's a pretty dumb deal.  I'd rather live my best life here, and take my chances with the hereafter.  And I'd rather other people ALSO live their best lives, rather than sacrificing their guaranteed chance at happiness for a maybe.

So if I don't make it to Heaven, at least I lived.  If YOU don't make it to Heaven, then you just get double Hell.   

I can't agree with this enough. Jill has no buisness lecturing people about happiness when she's so clearly miserable. She can't get better if she keeps lying to herself.

Fundies spend their lives making themselves and everyone near them miserable in the hopes that it will get them into a strict black and white heaven. I personally don't believe that their version of heaven exists, but even if it did, I'd much rather enjoy my life on earth  with my loved ones and join them and my heathen Catholic family in hell than go to their uptight heaven. 

By the way, does anyone else watch The Good Place? It has an interesting, critical take on the stereotypical rigid idea of heaven and hell. 

Just now, BernRul said:

Jill has no buisness lecturing people about happiness when she's so clearly miserable.

Sadly, I think it's entirely possible that's she's perfectly happy, that she adores her husband, that she supports his asininity on Twitter, and that she thinks she truly does have the #besthubbyever and her kids have the #bestpapaever. 

:( 

Going back to the previous thread, Michelle gave out the “16 Things to Pray for Your Child” bookmark at the grandparenting conference I attended last September. They also gave out the character qualities and maybe some other ATI/IPLP stuff, so I assume the bookmark came from them too. Jill might be covering that up, but I really think she’s just clueless. She has so few critical thinking skills and she’s so accustomed to ATI propaganda that I doubt she could understand why some people find it objectionable.

I looked at their website:

- The website looks professional, no doubt because they had the good sense to pay a professional.

- Did someone here say that yesterday’s “Unity in Diversity” post was by Jill? I think it’s by Derick. It’s credited to both of them. Anyway, it’s a hot mess. Only the last paragraph has anything to do with the title.

- There’s a recipe for “Vanessa’s Cabbage and Beef,” and Jill says she first had it when a friend made it at the Bates’ house. Was that the midwife, or do the Bates have a friend named Vanessa?

- Derick posted in January about the changes the Boy Scouts made then, and it’s a doozy. Highlights include defensiveness toward the Twitter commenters, a gratuitous mention of abortion, and this gem: “I also feel it is important for people (especially some of my followers on Twitter) to recognize that some discrimination is good and it’s a vital part of a healthy society.” 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived