Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Jellybean

Dillards 57: Run, D’Wreck, Run!

Recommended Posts

Jellybean

Previous thread here:

Derick is still being hateful on social media, and is still Jill’s favourite husband.

Jill is still trying to create a nice, shiny social media presence for all of them, in the least socially-aware way possible. Skinny jeans and chai tea can’t cover the dangerous ‘life hacks’ or the kind of intolerance that Jill mistakes for cute mommy prayers. 

#NeedsToImproveHerHashtagGame

  • Upvote 28
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iamtheway

That list is the saddest thing.

1. who our parents are = Do as you are told all the time. Don’t rebel. Obey your parents and don’t question them even when you think they might be wrong. Keep it up when you’re an adult.

2. who our siblings are = No fighting and if your brother abuses you you have to forgive him. If your sister is a pain you have to give her your favourite toy.

3. the order of which we are born (oldest to youngest) = Know your place and accept it. If you are the oldest it actually is your job to parent your younger siblings. *Boys excepted obviously. 

4. Our nationality = You were born in a dangerous warzone where you fear for your and your familys life? Tough luck, deal with it and stay the hell away from us.

5. Whether we are a girl or a boy = Conform to our strict gender roles and supress any natural feeling that doesn’t fit in there. 

6. our mental capacity = Don’t try to educate yourself. Stay ignorant and dumb. Also, you do not need teraphy. Just pray it away.

7. the time we were born in history = You can not change anything. Don’t learn from past mistakes. Don’t care about the future.

8. our physical apparance = Pretend looks are not important but make up absurd amounts of rules about what clothes to wear and how to keep your hair. Eating healthy and exercising is not important. 

9. the natural aging process = Accept that firtility ends ... haha jk, do what ever you can to keep pushing out blessings.

10. the date we will die = Don’t be careful or safe. Jesus has your back and if he says it’s your time who are you to question that? 

  • Upvote 40
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scrabblemaster

I am really glad that Jill posted this list and that Derick twittered this horrible transphobic tweet. They are showing their real faces and ugly beliefs, the more open these two are on social media, the harder it will be to hide the truth about them. Jill and Derrick are doing a good job destroying the Duggar brand of the shiny, smiling family with elventy children, where everything will be okay when you would follow their rules. Maybe not destroying but at least some unmasking a bit more after joshgate and gothard ... ? These two posts/tweets made my blood boil. The more specific they post, the less assumptions can be made (I use cathy's words right here, yeah) because we have it in cold print and the Internet is forever. 

  • Upvote 36
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hashtag Blessed
3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

That list is the saddest thing.

1. who our parents are = Do as you are told all the time. Don’t rebel. Obey your parents and don’t question them even when you think they might be wrong. Keep it up when you’re an adult.

2. who our siblings are = No fighting and if your brother abuses you you have to forgive him. If your sister is a pain you have to give her your favourite toy.

3. the order of which we are born (oldest to youngest) = Know your place and accept it. If you are the oldest it actually is your job to parent your younger siblings. *Boys excepted obviously. 

4. Our nationality = You were born in a dangerous warzone where you fear for your and your familys life? Tough luck, deal with it and stay the hell away from us.

5. Whether we are a girl or a boy = Conform to our strict gender roles and supress any natural feeling that doesn’t fit in there. 

6. our mental capacity = Don’t try to educate yourself. Stay ignorant and dumb. Also, you do not need teraphy. Just pray it away.

7. the time we were born in history = You can not change anything. Don’t learn from past mistakes. Don’t care about the future.

8. our physical apparance = Pretend looks are not important but make up absurd amounts of rules about what clothes to wear and how to keep your hair. Eating healthy and exercising is not important. 

9. the natural aging process = Accept that firtility ends ... haha jk, do what ever you can to keep pushing out blessings.

10. the date we will die = Don’t be careful or safe. Jesus has your back and if he says it’s your time who are you to question that? 

This is exactly why I find these vague rules and prayer lists to be so insidious. The minimalist use of language leaves it so open to interpretation. A mainstream Christian might look at this and see comfortable messages about god’s love but, because we know what we know a out the quiverfull and fundie Baptist beliefs, we know that these otherwise harmless platitudes are easily twisted into weapons against any behavior that they find distasteful. Which seems to include everything that isn’t in perfect lock-step with their 1950’s gender roles and Stepford-style repression of any and all emotions that aren’t serene contentment. They might as well just say: Never reach for more in this life than your perants tell you you’re allowed to want. 

I do not like or trust vague prayer platitudes. 

Edited by Hashtag Blessed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wendy-sparkles

Derick says they didn't have a choice about being on TLC.

Quote

 

He has also posted a new blog "Unity in Diversity". His points seem to be - Obedience to what God rather than our own desires, Be careful you're worshiping the right biblical God instead of false idols, and that the Church is the most diverse body in the world. The last point is made in a single paragraph not linked to the others in any identifiable way. There was possibly some other stuff which I just could not force my brain to take in. 

We are instructed to have "confidence when proclaiming God’s word. If people reject and/or ridicule you, they are not ridiculing you if you’re just the messenger." from which I gather this blog is actually about his hate crusade, though he completely fails to make any such connection which would provide his writing with at least some topical relevance.

He seems to be lacking both theological and communication skills. I feel almost bad for him - Cross Church is clearly scamming them out of money in return for busywork and missioncations.

Jill also posted a whole bunch of pictures from April (with captions!) and some youtube videos. A personal favourite of Sam below:

Quote

IMG_1141.thumb.jpg.44741cb3ea47ad9e0c7888f802f9a398.jpg

 

  • Upvote 15
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing

Didn't have a choice?! HAHAHAHAHA. Fuck off, Derick. You were a grown man, an independent adult when you got yourself into this mess. Bullshit that you "didn't have a choice"! This has to be the most idiotic thing he's ever said. How does he expect people to buy this? How can his leghumpers not be insulted by how downright stupid he must think they are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satan'sFortress

Agree that is is one of the more bizarre things he's ever said.  What would that "didn't have a choice" look like?  I can see that the children really didn't have a choice--especially the younger ones who were effectively born on the set of the TLC productions. But Derick was a big boy by the time he joined   that circus.  I have a picture of JB in my head now as a mafia boss telling Derick about an offer that he can't refuse.  I seriously don't get it.  Can't wait to see how this plays out.  :popcorn2:

Edited by Satan'sFortress
Repeated word. It bugged me.
  • Upvote 19
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nausicaa
48 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Didn't have a choice?! HAHAHAHAHA. Fuck off, Derick. You were a grown man, an independent adult when you got yourself into this mess. Bullshit that you "didn't have a choice"! This has to be the most idiotic thing he's ever said. How does he expect people to buy this? How can his leghumpers not be insulted by how downright stupid he must think they are?

I think his interpretation of "didn't have a choice" is "I could say no but that would require me to stand up to JimBob and he's intimidating like my mommy so I went along with it, also working full-time to support my family on my own salary is hard."

Derick's such a weird combination of a boot licker and a shit stirrer. 

I am curious about the places that this stupid train will continue to take us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing

Maybe he meant that they didn't have a choice about their family containing Josh? If so, he should have stated that clearly. But he's also said a whole variety of nonsensical and shifty things about their participation on the show in the past, so he could very well literally mean that they 'didn't have a choice' to be on the show.

He really is a piss poor communicator. I guess if Cross Church wants an angry, sulky minister who communicates via obfuscation and (laughable attempts at) gaslighting, and can barely string a coherent sentence together, Derick's their man.

  • Upvote 27
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Four is Enough

This train... in the words of Sister Rosetta Tharpe, just inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. For some reason, I think there won't be any Duggars on this train...

Spoiler

 

 

  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOneAndOnly

"We didn't have a choice?" pfft. Some headship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eternalbluepearl

I had a thought and I apologize if this was already said or if it doesn't come out clearly... Do you think that the world is a little less tolerant of the bullshit that people like Michelle Duggar have spewed for years but the Duggars are in their own world so when Jill goes to parrot Michelle to the next generation of moms but gets push back she is genuinely surprised? I'm thinking of that horrible prayer list for parents AND her car seat hack. I'm not writing this as an excuse like oh the Duggars just don't know better, I just mean do you think Jill really thinks Michelle's wisdom still has a place in 2018 society and is shocked that it doesn't? 

  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing
8 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I had a thought and I apologize if this was already said or if it doesn't come out clearly... Do you think that the world is a little less tolerant of the bullshit that people like Michelle Duggar have spewed for years but the Duggars are in their own world so when Jill goes to parrot Michelle to the next generation of moms but gets push back she is genuinely surprised? I'm thinking of that horrible prayer list for parents AND her car seat hack. I'm not writing this as an excuse like oh the Duggars just don't know better, I just mean do you think Jill really thinks Michelle's wisdom still has a place in 2018 society and is shocked that it doesn't? 

Yes. The thing is, even in her own circle of younger friends, the views she and Derick are expressing really aren't that far outside the norm. I'm sure the vast majority of her friends still oppose gay marriage, and they most definitely don't believe that being trans is a 'real thing'. Even a lot of fairly normal mainstream people hold these ignorant/bigoted views, and conservative evangelicals most definitely do. That's not to say that there isn't a shift happening, and that younger people, even conservative religious younger people, aren't getting somewhat more progressive - because there is and they are. But I definitely think that Jill is surprised by the pushback she gets on social media, because she almost certainly never experiences it in the echo chamber she inhabits in her day-to-day life. 

**However, I would go on to suggest that the way Jill frames this pushback is that it's all part of Satan's war on mankind, and that True Christians(tm) like her and #besthubbyever are on the front lines fighting for the faith. When people criticize them on social media, they are being persecuted for the sake of the Lord, and that means they're especially #blessed! 

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
punkiepie

In theory, Jill was under Jim Bob's headship until she married D'Wreck.  So it's possible that Boob said if D'Wreck wanted to be with Jill, he would have to agree to be on TLC; no tlc=no jill.  So if that were the case, then there's an argument that he didn't really have much of a choice.  Now once Jill married him, her headship was transferred from one asshat to another, so I see no reason why he didn't have a choice then, unless they were still under contract from before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palimpsest
2 minutes ago, punkiepie said:

In theory, Jill was under Jim Bob's headship until she married D'Wreck.  So it's possible that Boob said if D'Wreck wanted to be with Jill, he would have to agree to be on TLC; no tlc=no jill.  So if that were the case, then there's an argument that he didn't really have much of a choice.  Now once Jill married him, her headship was transferred from one asshat to another, so I see no reason why he didn't have a choice then, unless they were still under contract from before. 

It is possible that Jill was locked into the TLC "family" contract, controlled by JB, and couldn't get out.  Those contracts are iniquitous and TLC turns very nasty if people try to get out of the commitment.  When 19K&C was canceled, Counting On may have just tweaked the original contract and been contingent on Jessa and Jill as a package deal, with the rest of the family minus Josh.

Derick, like many a naive idiot, may not have understood the power of RTV contracts until too late.   I think it is possible that Derick started acting out and breaking the rules with his rants, and TLC fired Jill and Derick - or failed to renew their participation in the contract.

We will never get a straight answer from Derick, that's for sure.  I would give a lot to see those contracts though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swamptribe

The only prayer I ever needed when raising kids was "Dear (insert deity of choice here), please don't let me screw up my kids".  #besthubbyever and I raised three successful adults.

  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AtlanticTug

My guess for “no choice” is that there was never an explicit conversation about the continued involvement of the married kids. It was just assumed that they’d stay on the show, because recall that prior to Joshgate 19 Kids was business as usual. Therefore nobody ever asked Derrick if he wanted to be involved and to what degree and I bet he didn’t protest either while his ass got to live in that nice mansion that JimBoob provided. 

After Joshgate gets a bit complicated but I can see pressure from JimBoob and Michelle for Jill and Jessa to keep going. None of that means that Derrick didn’t have a choice, but I bet he went along with it expecting financial reward (recall his bitterness over TLC not footing the NICU bill). When that didn’t pan out as expected (this is the weird bit as he insists they were volunteering so either he is flatly lying or the $ is sitting in a corporation effectively controlled by JB or something similar) he then retrospectively decided that he never wanted to do this and didn’t have a choice since anything short of that would require him to take responsibility for his own actions.

Edited by AtlanticTug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hashtag Blessed

@AtlanticTug I think you’re right. I think whatever agreements they had were probably kept nebulous. But that makes him at best naive and at worst an idiot for going blindly along with whatever TLC or JB said without ever negotiating financial compensation. The way he’s passive aggressively acting the victim about it now makes him an asshole. 

If he had no financial agreement on paper for TLC to cover the medical costs of his children’s births while filming then it is deeply naive and ridiculous for him to expect they’ll cover a NICU stay. They should have been recieving a salary from the show, and if they were not then yeah, they were swindled. But Derick is a dick for taking that out on the LGBTQ people who are currently featured on TLC. They had nothing to do with his contract negotiations or the lack thereof. 

He had a choice. I don’t feel sorry for him in the least. He feels way too entitled to money he has not earned. He should have been earning from his time on TLC. If he really got nothing from those appearances then he’s clearly just a weak headship. See how those shitty gender roles cut both ways, Derick? Whining about it cryptically on Twitter doesn’t make you look any less flaccid. 

  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
candygirl200413

So are they volunteers that were forced to be on the show!?

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satan'sFortress
2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe he meant that they didn't have a choice about their family containing Josh? If so, he should have stated that clearly. But he's also said a whole variety of nonsensical and shifty things about their participation on the show in the past, so he could very well literally mean that they 'didn't have a choice' to be on the show.

He really is a piss poor communicator. I guess if Cross Church wants an angry, sulky minister who communicates via obfuscation and (laughable attempts at) gaslighting, and can barely string a coherent sentence together, Derick's their man.

I waiver between thinking that he is a piss poor communicator and that he is trying to gaslight.  His answers always seem crafted to be vague and noncommittal.  I don't know if I'd prefer to think that he was truly that inept at communicating or that he thinks he is being so brilliant in giving half-answers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing
2 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I waiver between thinking that he is a piss poor communicator and that he is trying to gaslight.  His answers always seem crafted to be vague and noncommittal.  I don't know if I'd prefer to think that he was truly that inept at communicating or that he thinks he is being so brilliant in giving half-answers. 

See, I personally get the impression that he's trying to gaslight AND he's a piss poor communicator. So his attempts at gaslighting are ridiculously transparent, and his attempts at basic communication are befuddling.

  • Upvote 24
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaricatureQualities

So I just watched Whoopi read Derick's tweet on the View. The co-hosts ripped him apart. It's nice to see them all on the same page for this. And Meghan was the one to whip out science and stats to prove he is full of it. 

I think they may have missed the point that he's not on the show or on TLC anymore. Joy said "he's on a conservative show, how is it the liberal agenda, they are on the same network?" Whoopi referred to what they do on "your show". Derick would shout back "that's not our show, I'm not on that network!". But whatever. They were on that show, that network, and they are a part of that family so same diff really. Good points made by all the co-hosts.

You go Derick! Your tweets are doing more and more to discredit everything you stand for everyday. You are really reaching people! Everyday someone who doesn't know or care who the hell you are comes upon one of your hateful rants: on a social media feed, in an article, hears it on tv or the radio... and they see you are full of shit and they distance themselves from the things you endorse. So spread your shit far and wide. Something beautiful, something you don't want just might to grow out of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.