IGNORED

Dillards 57: Run, D’Wreck, Run!

Jellybean

40 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I would aaaaaaalmost call that "social media savvy." Arguably dishonest, but savvy.

It's so baffling.  How can she be clever enough to realize that this is good fanbait, yet be so dumb she posts a pic of her husband pressing his junk into the table corner in a photo that looks like a sad satire of her sister Jinger's earlier, beautifully photographed "hubby made me dinner" post?  

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly this family is so boring. Videos of Jill feeding her kids and going "do you liiiiiiiiiike it?" Or a kid using a bubble wand. These are treasured family keepsakes but to outsiders it's just so dull. 

2 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Honestly this family is so boring. Videos of Jill feeding her kids and going "do you liiiiiiiiiike it?" Or a kid using a bubble wand. These are treasured family keepsakes but to outsiders it's just so dull. 

Exactly. Nobody's going to be excited to tune in to see videos of her kids eating, or the family walking along a trail looking at trees. It's just not interesting. That's the kind of thing better suited to your story on Instagram. If they want to attract more YouTube followers they need to put out content that's going to engage people. Jill could vlog about parenting, I suppose. Or they could go full on controversial and use their YouTube channel to preach their hate (basically an extension of Derick's tweets). They just seem so clueless and shiftless right now.

Dear god we don't need another baby Dilly this fast. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Please, Rufus, no. No. NO.

Can we please have this as the reaction to everything they say/post/do? :my_biggrin: 

(I really need to lock myself in for a couple of days and re-watch this show!)

This is what definitely happens when you've ben raised on tv and are taught to only have children, you have no other real hobbies (i mean I guess besides the whole mid-wivery thing) but it's like you don't know how to I guess live life normally.

10 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

This is what definitely happens when you've ben raised on tv and are taught to only have children, you have no other real hobbies (i mean I guess besides the whole mid-wivery thing) but it's like you don't know how to I guess live life normally.

That seems to be a theme among the fundies here. Not the raised on TV part, but many of them have no real hobbies to speak of. They might have one or two parent-approved things they DO (Sarah Maxwell's writing, the Duggarlings sawing away at violins, JRod's kids singing for their supper...) but very few seem to have hobbies or interests. I think that's one of the things that may be keeping Jana and JD Duggar from going crazy - she's essentially raising her siblings but also has her garden, and JD gets to fly. 

Derrick seems to have a hobby, however. Unfortunately it's being hateful in as public an obnoxious a way as possible. It seems like he'd be happier at Westboro Baptist.

I posted this in the Seewalld thread. I will re-post here. I believe homophobia drives a lot of support for the Duggars. Shunning all higher education and worldly entertainment and having a dozen babies for Jesus won't appeal to most of them. Shunning LGBT people and keeping them from marrying? They are all in for that one. 

2 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I posted this in the Seewalld thread. I will re-post here. I believe homophobia drives a lot of support for the Duggars. Shunning all higher education and worldly entertainment and having a dozen babies for Jesus won't appeal to most of them. Shunning LGBT people and keeping them from marrying? They are all in for that one. 

I think support for the Duggars has more to do with the fact that white evangelicalism is the default mode of religion in the US. The Duggars merely take this default to an extreme. This is why, pre-Joshgate, so many people were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were just a quirky “old-fashioned” large family, whereas the relatively moderate Muslims on that short-lived TLC show (I forget the name) were considered to be dangerous radicals. 

22 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Lol, that story is funny and is a perfect way to describe what DerDill is doing. 

But, maybe if Izzy doesn't want to finish his supper sometime he can try that move...it might work on his parents. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

It wouldn't work on Derick because he's already said that Izzy's a manipulative child.  It might work on Jill because she can't imagine a child not eating everything on their plate - isn't Jill the one who into adulthood would sometimes take her food into the bathroom to keep it safe from those who would try to take it from her?

28 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think support for the Duggars has more to do with the fact that white evangelicalism is the default mode of religion in the US. The Duggars merely take this default to an extreme. This is why, pre-Joshgate, so many people were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were just a quirky “old-fashioned” large family, whereas the relatively moderate Muslims on that short-lived TLC show (I forget the name) were considered to be dangerous radicals. 

I agree completely. There is a certain amount of homophobia in white evangelical churches. Even the relatively moderate United Methodist Church has only recently considered the possibility of perfirming same sex marriages. Now, I do think the under 30 crowd will become more vocal about becoming inclusive as the years go by. If Jill and Derrick stand out as "weird" at Cross Church, it's due to the way they dress and interact socially not due to homophobic beliefs. 

5 minutes ago, justpassingby said:

Derick is apparently a Star Wars fan 

Huh, look at that. Suddenly I'm a hardcore StormPilot shipper. FINN AND POE ARE CANON FOREVER. 

Though, I enjoyed this first comment:

5aec9f7077878_ScreenShot2018-05-04at1_58_41PM.thumb.png.f6f1d4d584b0be795f69e2551444bcf6.png

Derick is such a shitty communicator. His non-answers are so stupid. Just answer the fucking question! How hard is it to say, "Yes, we've watched it together," or even, "yes but she's not a big fan of sci-fi?" This answer just makes me think that no, they haven't watched it together at all, but Derick is not going to let that stop him from using Star Wars' ubiquitous appeal to try and score points on social media. You're still not cool, Derick. 

And like, don't fucking pretend that she didn't grow up never watching anything like Star Wars. We all know about her family's extreme restrictions on media. It isn't unreasonable at all to wonder if she's still restricted with you now in charge of her life. And don't fucking pretend like you aren't in charge of her life! You cannot talk about transferring authority from father to husband and then act affronted when people wonder if you treat her like a child. YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. 

Personally, it is my belief that critical thinking skills are key to a healthy society. In using "discrimination," was that a Freudian slip? If Derick even wrote that blog entry; maybe I'm just too used to angry, ranting Derick but my first thought while reading it was "Who really wrote this?"

i remain very upset that the car seat hack posts are still up. While thinking about why they haven't been pulled, first, Derick sucks at being a headship is a given, okay? What really dawned on me was their brand of Christianity promotes false idols. I believe Jill has made idols of her parents, especially her mother. Hence, because her mother did something such as the car seat hack, it goes beyond blind trust in a parent to something deeper. To admit Michelle's car seat hack is wrong is to doubt her sanctity and divinity so to speak. I don't feel I'm expressing this particularly well but hope and trust FJ readers to get the gist. IMO Derick has made preaching and evangelizing his idol, Michelle birthing babies, JB power/control and money, etc. Their brand of Christianity has deluded them into thinking their idolatry is something to be desired because "It serves the Lord" and anything critical of their idols is being critical of their God and spiritual beliefs.

17 hours ago, BernRul said:

By the way, does anyone else watch The Good Place? It has an interesting, critical take on the stereotypical rigid idea of heaven and hell. 

The Good Place is (by FAR) the best, smartest, funniest show that not enough people are watching. It’s so rare to find a program that can have me laughing so hard that my eyes water one second, only to leave me deeply contemplative the next. 

On 5/3/2018 at 7:00 AM, singsingsing said:

I guess if Cross Church wants an angry, sulky minister who communicates via obfuscation and (laughable attempts at) gaslighting, and can barely string a coherent sentence together, Derick's their man.

I just love this snarky sentence!

Addendum to previous post. When I wrote of Jill making idols of her parents, she is once again a victim of the teaching and mind control drilled into her by her parents and the cult in which she was raised. Due to her apparent core personality (trusting and wanting to please), it appears she was especially susceptible to the mind control. 

But I still don't excuse the car seat hack. She is promoting a very dangerous practice.

i have never made any pretense of being the sharpest crayon in the box, but here's an example of critical thinking....

The people who are all excited and enthused about the car seat thing are very likely to share their beliefs. So if a baby is harmed from this, it will be most likely one from their own approved Christianity. Not a heathen Catholic or Muslim baby (sarcasm), not a baby being raised by same sex parents, etc. but one of their own precious white arrows.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:37 AM, Satan'sFortress said:

I waiver between thinking that he is a piss poor communicator and that he is trying to gaslight.  His answers always seem crafted to be vague and noncommittal.  I don't know if I'd prefer to think that he was truly that inept at communicating or that he thinks he is being so brilliant in giving half-answers. 

I think half answers or vague answers often indicate that a fuller, more detailed answer would put the answerer in a bad light.  Derick, you are fooling nobody.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:58 AM, bananabread said:

Have we talked about Jill's new blog post? She's definitely making it clear whose side she's on.

It is clearly just a very wordy, meandering, painfully boring way of saying:

1) The Bible is fact and not open to interpretation.

2) The Biblical God says no being gay or trans.

3) If you claim to be a Christian, you must follow Biblical rules (ex. no being gay or trans).

4) This is the only path to real happiness.

Link: https://www.dillardfamily.com/2018/05/unity-in-diversity/

I'm very happily not their toxic version of a christian.  Seriously, if there is a heaven and it is populated by the souls of people like Huckabee Sanders, JB Duggar, Roy Moore, I don't want to end up there for eternity!  How fucked up would that be?

1 hour ago, justpassingby said:

Derick is apparently a Star Wars fan 

STAR WARS IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU, DERDICK!!! If he were a Star Wars character, he’d be this  guy:

44171526-C977-4733-B4C9-FE14F35AD4EF.jpeg.d372387a47e902caf0240faddaaa8df2.jpeg

Also some of the responses are fantastic. 

Spoiler

Can that asshole please explain how discrimination is a good thing?

Also, Derdick’s crying about not having a choice to appear on TV is such bull. Even if Jill was still locked in to her family’s contract, Derdick CHOSE to find a prayer partner who had his own TV partner. Derdick CHOSE to pursue a woman who was the “Star” of said TV show. He didn’t have to pick Boob a partner. He didn’t have to court Jill. He didn’t have to marry Jill. He chose all of that.

I swear Derick is trying to be the fundie version of Kanye

34 minutes ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

I swear Derick is trying to be the fundie version of Kanye

I swear to goodness, I  was going to post this yesterday, but decided it was in poor taste because Kanye is truly ill. The word is still out on Derick.

So yes to this! Absolutely, yes! 

But, would that make Derick...a free thinker or Kanye a bigot? How does this all work? lol

Anyhow, I wish he would free think himself into a tell-all book. I know it would never happen, but someone has to provide, we the wondering public, with answers.

Huh, I wonder what Derrick thinks of the female leadership of the The Last Jedi, or the leftist sympathies of Rogue One.

Just kidding, I don't even slightly wonder.

Discrimination is a good thing...as long as Dwreck isn't the one being discriminated against. The rest of the world doesn't matter.

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Discrimination is a good thing...as long as Dwreck isn't the one being discriminated against. The rest of the world doesn't matter.

He probably thinks arrest of the black men at Starbucks was justified

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived