IGNORED

Bro. Gary Hawkins 6: Dancing Cocktail Weenies

Jellybean

He says he is trying to be patient but isn’t perfect... what does that look like exactly?  He and Becky sit around all day except for going to church (no vehicle to go anywhere).  Is he losing his temper at her?  I can imagine he is feeling a lot of desperation as those churches aren’t probably good grifting opportunities.  Child support for 2 kids (assuming his ex is paying) isnt much for them to sustain on.  I can’t imagine being 2 grown adults, at least one of whom is perfectly able bodied, caring for 2 boys, relying on begging for existence.  I would be over that in a hot second.  I am NOT all that able bodied but I would get a job to support my kids if I was in desperation.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone think they aren’t working so THEY don’t have to pay support for the kids now living w Becky’s ex?

He's starting to really remind me of the Rods.  I've always thought that they got the RV for longer-distance travel because they had worn out every church within a few hundred miles of where they lived.  They then need to find resources to keep the RV going in addition to feeding their family, etc.

I'm not very able-bodied either, and I want to go back to work part time, but as of now there's nothing open that can accommodate my limitations.

Ok folks I been awfully busy lately esp with tryin to find  the DON FITCH family. Seems not much new goin with Gary. Unless he about to go south And by that I mean lose patience with God for not supplyin a bus, trailer or RV and turn his cheek to Saytun. Now Im not wishin those turn o events on anyone, esp not on our fave Bro. Its just hes Losin Patience and Im not sure what he'll do. 

Sis Candy

21 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Is he still begging? Lorttt

Did he ever stop?

5 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Does anyone think they aren’t working so THEY don’t have to pay support for the kids now living w Becky’s ex?

That has been my suspicion.  There are 3 minors living with him.  Gary has his 2 boys and I am sure he gets child support for them.  Their mom seems relatively normal so I wonder what the hell happened in her life for Gary to end up with full custody.

I had weens and eggs last night.  I thought of all of you and screamed HALLELUYER! at my ceiling.  

If Gary n Becky need help, there's state aid.  I don't mean that in any sort of deriding way.  That's what it is there for, and I always hope people who need it will use it.  There's no shame in accepting the help that is offered if you need it.  Also, I know a lot of charities, food banks, etc. that GLADLY will trade goods for volunteer labor and are willing to be very accommodating.  Heck, many of them around here are also hire folks in need to perform regular labor while they look for a more permanent job (it's easier and more reliable to schedule paid employees than volunteers).  

You can go sort goods somewhere every morning and probably get sent home with a small bag every so often.  You can tell all your friends you're volunteering out of Christian charity, and sweep under the rug the fact that they're supplementing you.  

55 minutes ago, keepercjr said:

That has been my suspicion.  There are 3 minors living with him.  Gary has his 2 boys and I am sure he gets child support for them.  Their mom seems relatively normal so I wonder what the hell happened in her life for Gary to end up with full custody.

Aren't we thinking there are only 2 boys left in the good old family band??

9 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I had weens and eggs last night.  I thought of all of you and screamed HALLELUYER! at my ceiling.  

If Gary n Becky need help, there's state aid.  I don't mean that in any sort of deriding way.  That's what it is there for, and I always hope people who need it will use it.  There's no shame in accepting the help that is offered if you need it.  Also, I know a lot of charities, food banks, etc. that GLADLY will trade goods for volunteer labor and are willing to be very accommodating.  Heck, many of them around here are also hire folks in need to perform regular labor while they look for a more permanent job (it's easier and more reliable to schedule paid employees than volunteers).  

You can go sort goods somewhere every morning and probably get sent home with a small bag every so often.  You can tell all your friends you're volunteering out of Christian charity, and sweep under the rug the fact that they're supplementing you.  

I'm laughing at the thought of Gary being asked to perform manual labor. LOLLLL!

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

If Gary n Becky need help, there's state aid.  I don't mean that in any sort of deriding way.  That's what it is there for, and I always hope people who need it will use it.  There's no shame in accepting the help that is offered if you need it. 

They don’t need help! They need to get jobs. They are both employable adults who shouldn’t be depending on or using the system except to supplement them during a hardship or employment search. This is their lifestyle and it makes me ill. 

7 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

They don’t need help! They need to get jobs. They are both employable adults who shouldn’t be depending on or using the system except to supplement them during a hardship or employment search. This is their lifestyle and it makes me ill. 

I'm not so sure Gary is employable at this point.  He might have been able to hold a job in the past, but it's possible that his mental state has deteriorated over the years.  What kind of job could Gary hold these days?  I can't see him getting along with other employees, and if he were given a job where he worked alone he'd probably just take naps while waiting for Becky to come and hand feed him more weens and gravy.

Becky could probably get a job, but would Gary let her?  Gary seems to think that the world owes him a living and Becky owes him for everything else.  I think in his mind her job is to cater to him; not go wandering off and working for someone else, even if it were for pay.  Even if she tried, I could see him calling her repeatedly or going to her job to harass her until she quit or was fired.  As bad off as he is, I think he knows that he'll never find another woman who would put up with him and a large majority of what support he has comes from people who feel sorry for Becky.

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

I'm not so sure Gary is employable at this point.  He might have been able to hold a job in the past, but it's possible that his mental state has deteriorated over the years

He’s employable. Even if it’s McDonalds! There are jobs out there for people with differing abilities (I honestly don’t think Gary falls under this category, but making a point.) He’s just too lazy and doesn’t want to. Look at how lazy they are with their MLM schemes. They thought people were going to throw money at them and buy their crappy wares and the minute it gets hard or doesn’t go how they expected they just stop! I don’t know why people give these two a red cent. Sometimes God’s answer is “no,” Gary. GET A JOB!! Had he worked all winter he’d have enough money to buy a vehicle. 

Bro. Gary reminds me of Russell.
Also, I've been saving for over a year to be able to pay cash for a decent used car. I guess I've been doing that wrong too, with my heathen outside-the-home workin' ways. I should have just followed the Bro. Gary model & grifted money or a free car. Oh, wait, I now have enough money saved to buy a car... while Bro. Gary is still sitting on his fat ass waiting for God to tell people to give him a vehicle.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:54 AM, OhNoNike said:

I think this is definitely plausible. I specifically know some people who don't work so they don't have to pay child support. My kid's bio mom will have to start paying back the state for the welfare drawn for all of her kids (only two live with her). I don't know how she could ever afford that. Instead she just lives off her welfare for the two kids and qualifies for a section 8 apartment (not sure if that's everywhere, but people can qualify for it and they have reduced rent based on their income).

Nothing against anyone who uses social services. This is just about the people who make a living on it. I wonder if G&B qualify for some benefits since they do have children living with them. They could be eligible for food stamps and probably free health care for the kids, and they could get a small amount of cash aid for each child. I'm speaking specifically for California though; not sure how it works in other states.

I just wonder if maybe that's their plan–live that way while they wait for the LORT to provide a vehicle, and then preach as their "job." Not sure if he gets paid in cash for the preachin' jobs, because then he wouldn't have to report it.

I feel bad for the two minor kids who do live with them, for a lot of different reasons. :( I told you guys about my crazy neighbor. The sheriff's helicopter was out circling over us last night, looking for him. He's gone for now and I hope for his kids' sake he stays out of the home for awhile. 

I took my kid to a Cosplay festival this weekend, and of course there were tons of MLMs there, including Lularoe (wondering why they thought the cosplay crowd would be interested in that?) and Papsirotzi.  I looked at the jurry, and talked to the woman selling, and I really liked her.  I'm a trial attorney, and I always lose jewelry, so I'm always looking for something reasonably cheap to wear in court.  So, since I liked this woman, I decided what the heck, and plunked down $10 for a necklace and earring set and one of those rings that has the stretchy band so it fits lots of size fingers.  I was actually really excited about it, and put the ring on right away.

Well, as I was watching my kid kill it in the costume contest (she was Picachu, made her own costume), I looked down to find that said ring has turned my finger green.  Everywhere that ring touched my finger was green.  So, I went back to the booth and showed the lady, and to her credit, she offered me my money back, and said she'd never seen that before because "all the pieces are lead and nickel free". I somehow doubt this is the first time she'd seen that,  But I kept the ring because I like it, and I guess I'll just deal with it turning my finger green when I wear it.

So, Becky's quality jurry ain't so quality, but then again, as my wife says, you get what you pay for.  Can't expect much from 5 dolla jurry.

@missy1228 I’m not sure about poppyrotsy, but with reg’lar cheap jewry, you can paint a thin layer of clear nail polish inside to (at least temporarily) stop the green. Only thing I’m worried about is that stretchy band. Might need to stretch it to paint it. 

@Nikedagain? my wording was unclear. I meant 3 minors living with Becky’s ex.  Gary has his 2 boys although I don’t know how old the oldest one is.  He may be approaching 18 (or 18 already) so their cash flow is drying up fast!

And it seems as though B & G are prone to illness/injury based on several hospital posts in the past. Maybe one of them gets some type of SSDI. Of course you have to be employed and pay in to the system and I kinda doubt Bro has done that. And I don't think churches pay them for their "services", right? I knew a guy in college who was in a Christian band that lived on the love offerings they received at each gig. Otherwise, the traveling preacher charade is truly just an excuse not to work, for both of them. Please tell me that they don't have a church that sponsors them like Shrader. 

I'm becoming so bitter and jaded in my old age. I really don't like these people. 

I told you guys about my crazy neighbor. The sheriff's helicopter was out circling over us last night, looking for him. He's gone for now and I hope for his kids' sake he stays out of the home for awhile. 

I find your neighbor situation as fascinating as any other drama we follow here. What did your crazy neighbor do (besides threaten your other crotchety neighbor) to warrant a helicopter search?

The live video was Gary complaining about not having a vehicle.  I guess a church was considering giving him a vehicle but the church voted on it and decided not to give it to him.  There is another van that is over $3000 and the seller wants  $1500 down and will finance the rest (DON’T DO IT!!) but he has to come up with the down payment.  He keeps saying to pray for him but we all know it means to send him money.

Okay folks.

I've just finished reading all of BroGary's works. Good golly, what an experience.

And I've realized that I'm going about my own jurry-selling the wrong way. Silly me, handmaking everything and planning to sell at festivals and events. (If you'll be in a Mile High city next month when they have the very colorful festival...)

Clearly I should be making videos featuring me mumbling half-hearted descriptions with my roommate lurking in the background.

"Y'all that work, you get a couple days off." :evil-laugh: As opposed to you Gary, who gets every day off. LOL I also thought it was funny that he said the word bum about borrowing cars and stuff from people, because a bum is exactly what he is! 

@waltraute I'm not exactly sure what happened this time. I work from home and throughout the day Crazy Dude and the other guy that live with them were hanging out, shooting and yelling and singing. I'm thinking maybe they were drinking. We have some neighbors who have a bunch of dogs and they bark like crazy when someone goes by or there's a delivery vehicle. They were barking for awhile and Crazy Dude finally started screaming, shut up! Shut up! Which of course only made them bark more. I heard them going ballistic and walked outside and he was at the edge of their property screaming at the dogs. I had to leave to pick up the kid and when I got back Crazy Dude's van was gone. Not long after is when the sheriff copter was overhead. I was just standing on our hill with the weed eater, just staring at them. I didn't know what was going on!

I'm assuming it was some sort of DV issue and they were looking for him. I'm nosy and wish I knew more. I also really hope they just move and get the hell off our mountain!

ghaw is pretty dang depressed that God keeps telling him no and is super pissed that all the people aren't just handing him money! maybe God really really wants him to get a JOB!  he just doesn't want to see that!

Yep, no VEE-hickle for GHaw yet. 

But asking for one, from his recliner, isn't hard to do.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived