IGNORED

Seriously, Steve?

Palimpsest

On 3/15/2019 at 3:00 PM, mango_fandango said:

I dunno if Sarah is necessarily suggesting that’s it only a male problem, but is just mentioning it because it was part of Seriously Dads, which is only for men y’know :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

How would she know it was part of Seriously Dads, since it's only for men?

On 3/17/2019 at 4:01 PM, Leftitinmysnood said:

I though someone got a kettle ball dropped on her foot. Was that not a Maxwell? I associate kettle balls with CrossFit, not 1968 PE workouts.

Yes, a 30 pound kettlebell rolled out of a vehicle onto Sarah's foot.

Of course, their blog search has no results for 'kettlebell' and google search will find a snippet of the page but not a permalink to the actual individual article.

Wait...

Okay I knew from that search that the article mentioned 'being still' so I did a search for that, and found the article which had 'being still' as the name of the next article linked to.  And it was the one I wanted.

https://blog.titus2.com/2017/05/06/being-still/

Shocked it was way back in 2017!  I could have sworn it was only last year.

• Upvote 3

On 3/16/2019 at 7:39 PM, nausicaa said:

And while I'm snarking--I think their fitness regimens are stuck in the same mediocre time warp. I'm not trying to body snark, and they are generally fit compared to the average American, but I have noticed a lack of muscle tone on the daughters' arms for people who claim to be such fitness buffs. I was also surprised to see the daughters all do push ups from their knees. 

I'm gonna guess they have god awful form and do whatever exercises Steve was taught in ninth grade PE. Better than nothing, but still not the stellar fitness models Steve likes to think of his family as. I live a far less monastic life, and am pretty confident I can outrun and outlift Sarah.

Someone else has noticed it! 

I'm going to put my money on bad form and the girls being encouraged not to lift "too much" because it will make them look too "masculine" (newsflash, and I say this as a woman who deadlifts regularly: no, it won't). This attitude is present even in secular circles and it really is a massive load of bullshit. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 3/18/2019 at 10:38 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Someone else has noticed it! 

I'm going to put my money on bad form and the girls being encouraged not to lift "too much" because it will make them look too "masculine" (newsflash, and I say this as a woman who deadlifts regularly: no, it won't). This attitude is present even in secular circles and it really is a massive load of bullshit. 

I was thinking it's because they really don't think women are capable of doing 'men's' push ups.  Either that, or it's just considered too unladylike to do them!  My husband's mother is fundy, and I'm reminded of the time when we were first married, we took my husbands little sister and her friend to an amusement park.  They were both young teens, and skirt wearing fundies.  We played an arcade game, and I almost won, but my husband did just a little better.  My sister in law told me I did really well 'for a girl!' Note:  My sister in law is no longer in that church, and went a little wild when she finally broke free!  

• Upvote 6

On 3/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, emesbe said:

I know I am late to the party but I wrote a post in the regular maxwell thread about this.  If you have another insurance like Medicare you can still get Scamaratin and you must bill Medicare first and then whatever is left you can ask Scamaratin members to pay.  If his heart procedure was considered caused by a preexisting condition, they can try to get their copay paid for as a sort of extra help thing Scamaratin sends out where if people are feeling generous, they can spend more than their monthly “premium”  if they want.

i am sure they switched to Scamaratin because they got Medicare and had their preexisting conditions covered.  They are leaving that part out of the post and I find that really shady.  They are not just leaving it up to their god like they make you believe.

here is what Scamaratin says about it 

https://samaritanministries.org/blog/smi-chalk-talk-how-does-medicare-work-with-samaritan-membership

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

On 3/28/2019 at 3:14 AM, keepercjr said:

I know I am late to the party but I wrote a post in the regular maxwell thread about this.  If you have another insurance like Medicare you can still get Scamaratin and you must bill Medicare first and then whatever is left you can ask Scamaratin members to pay.  If his heart procedure was considered caused by a preexisting condition, they can try to get their copay paid for as a sort of extra help thing Scamaratin sends out where if people are feeling generous, they can spend more than their monthly “premium”  if they want.

i am sure they switched to Scamaratin because they got Medicare and had their preexisting conditions covered.  They are leaving that part out of the post and I find that really shady.  They are not just leaving it up to their god like they make you believe.

here is what Scamaratin says about it 

https://samaritanministries.org/blog/smi-chalk-talk-how-does-medicare-work-with-samaritan-membership

And the Maxwells, as high profile fundies with books in many Scamaritan members homes, would be much more likely to have members “moved by the lord to cover their extra expenses” than the average subscriber.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Steve's pushing Teri's new book in his current Seriously post.

Encouraging men to buy it for their wives so they (the men) can have a "sweeter marriage".

Yeah, wouldn't want these poor put upon men to do anything themselves to make their marriage any better.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 5

I souldn't have done it but I just read the newest of Steve's seriously drivel.

Isn't pride some kind of offense to their god? Steve is swimming in self importance. He's into himself so deeply he may drown. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

5 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I souldn't have done it but I just read the newest of Steve's seriously drivel.

Isn't pride some kind of offense to their god? Steve is swimming in self importance. He's into himself so deeply he may drown. 

Apparently it's his moral duty to promote Teri's new book. How convenient for him.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Apparently it's his moral duty to promote Teri's new book. How convenient for him.

Well, Steve's gotta do something besides preen and pontificate.  He really is up on an impossibly high pedestal.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 7:10 AM, Lisafer said:

Especially since he told her to write it in the first place.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

Steve needs to give up on his dads corner. His last one he says: Wouldn’t it be wonderful if being godly parents guaranteed godly children? I believe that most Christian parents consider themselves to be godly. Therefore, Christians go about their normal “godly” lives and expect their children to be godly, just like they are. 

if christian parents are living godly lives there kids would see it. You can bring your kids up with godly morals and values, doesn’t mean they won’t find their own path. 

Then he says: Here’s an intriguing example illustrating the fallacy of our thinking that way. The very good king Hezekiah and the (believed-to-be) godly wife Hephzibah were responsible for bearing the most wicked king. Their son, Manasseh reined 55 years, the longest of all the kings. 

Please steve give up. I don’t know why he bothers me so much but he does. If I was getting his articles I would cancel after a few because none of them do anything but point out the obvious. I guess in Steve’s world nothing is obvious to anyone but him.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Steve needs to give up on his dads corner. His last one he says: Wouldn’t it be wonderful if being godly parents guaranteed godly children? I believe that most Christian parents consider themselves to be godly. Therefore, Christians go about their normal “godly” lives and expect their children to be godly, just like they are. 

if christian parents are living godly lives there kids would see it. You can bring your kids up with godly morals and values, doesn’t mean they won’t find their own path. 

Then he says: Here’s an intriguing example illustrating the fallacy of our thinking that way. The very good king Hezekiah and the (believed-to-be) godly wife Hephzibah were responsible for bearing the most wicked king. Their son, Manasseh reined 55 years, the longest of all the kings. 

Please steve give up. I don’t know why he bothers me so much but he does. If I was getting his articles I would cancel after a few because none of them do anything but point out the obvious. I guess in Steve’s world nothing is obvious to anyone but him.

“Believed to be godly” wife...... meaning there’s nothing in the bible to say she wasn’t godly, but you know, she was a woman, so she probably fucked up somewhere and is responsible for the wicked king and all the trouble he caused. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic