IGNORED

Seriously, Steve?

Palimpsest

Some of the people I know who have the healthiest habits—exercise, good diet, healthy weight—have dangerously high cholesterol levels thanks to genetics.

As I approach 70, I’ve reached the conclusion that none of us gets through our golden years unscathed. It’s no damn fair that most of the folks who kept up healthy exercise regimens are now suffering from arthritis and/or undergoing knee or hip replacements.

• Upvote 7

On 3/7/2019 at 7:06 PM, OhNoNike said:

TIL “Lamentations” is a book in the Bible. 

Confirming me was probably a mistake by my church. On several levels. Oops. 

My kids are all confirmed and about a year ago one asked me what an apostle was.

Hes in his early 20s.

I want the money for all those years of CCD back.  (Does prove I run a less bible driven house than the Maxwell’s though)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

30 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My kids are all confirmed and about a year ago one asked me what an apostle was.

Hes in his early 20s.

I want the money for all those years of CCD back.  (Does prove I run a less bible driven house than the Maxwell’s though)

Well, you are going to hell.

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Well, you are going to hell.

Hate to disappoint you, Nell, but that is not news.

• Haha 16
  • Love 3

@Lady Grass Lake I get what you're saying, that cholesterol is not always a diet and weight issue. In Steve's case he seems to be saying (obliquely) that it actually was a diet and weight issue coupled with genetics. I wouldn't want to blame people in general for their cholesterol problems! 

I've had a radiofrequency ablation performed via catherization through the groin. The lying flat for six hours is super annoying! Plus the enormous frickin' bruise afterwards. However, I failed to write a super-Godly blog post about it later...

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

However, I failed to write a super-Godly blog post about it later...

How are we supposed to know you’re better than us then?

• Haha 10

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How are we supposed to know you’re better than us then?

Everyone is going to hell.

• Haha 13

15 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You look like my friend, but you sound like Steve.

I’m  going to need to see some ID ...and proof you are not currently possessed by the spirit of a Kansasian patriarch.

• Haha 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Hes in his early 20s.

The most embarassing moment of mine late last year was taking my kids to a local event at a church and my then-7 year old asked why there was a “t” in the front.  She asked if it stood for trust.  I said, yup.  

45 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Anyone else seen The Good Place? :)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I’m  going to need to see some ID ...and proof you are not currently possessed by the spirit of a Kansasian patriarch.

Offer her a bowl of animal crackers and see how many she takes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Does Sarah think only men get heart disease??

Apparently, as she only addresses the post to men. Heart disease is the number one killer of women. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

26 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Apparently, as she only addresses the post to men. Heart disease is the number one killer of women. 

Women are not important in Maxhell's world.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

The most embarassing moment of mine late last year was taking my kids to a local event at a church and my then-7 year old asked why there was a “t” in the front.  She asked if it stood for trust.  I said, yup.  

Anyone else seen The Good Place? :)

Years ago, a Lutheran child attending Mass with us looked at the Stations of the Cross sculptures on the walls and asked who “all the guys on the t’s” were.

• Haha 9
  • Love 1

I just read the Wissmann family blog, and one of the recent posts say the father of the clan is recovering from a minor heart attack and working on getting healthy so he can fly again.  

My mother had her first heart attack at age 50, a 100 percent blockage almost killed her.  She was also a very heavy smoker to compound the problems.   Her body did this weird thing and grew new veins  around the blockages as compensation.   All of the women on her side of the family for several past generations have all died of strokes and heart problems.   That's when I  got serious about my diet and was put on statins (never smoked either).  I have horrible genetic ancestry.  

• Upvote 4

So awhile back I got the free month from Embassy Media. I did it to review Gil and Kelly Bates videos and I'm still have to organize the notes from those to post, but I decided to listen to the Maxwell ones. I didn't actually listen because Steve's voice gets to me and I suffered enough trauma trying to listen to Gil, but I did make it about five minutes into one. In this one Steve is telling the story of losing his job. I am 99% sure that when he told it originally it involved an issue with him needing to work closely with a woman and he didn't feel like God would allow it. This time he says that his company asked him to commit espionage on other companies, he refused and they laid him off. 

Has anyone heard that version of the story before because I don't recall ever hearing that it involved the company wanting him to spy on other companies. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

90 and 99% blockages? I don't know anything about how the heart works, but is that actually fixable? Is he going to be (long-term) okay? What does this mean for his future, climbing mountains, growing old, etc.?

In re: heart attacks and cardiac catheterization. Yes, Steve can probably continue to be active and climb mountains. If they put in stents,  then the vessels are held open and he is supposed to take medication to keep them from re-occluding. If a blockage is that high a percentage, it is variable if the doc can get a stent in to open it. Otherwise, you end up with open heart surgery and the blocked vessels are bypassed. It may take him some months to regain his strength and he will have lifting restrictions for 4-6 weeks. Not every heart attack is the chest-clutching TV drama, but for these doctor avoidant types, it probably was pretty serious by the time Steve admitted to a problem and sought medical advice. I have guys who spend days denying their chest pain, and by the time they come in, a bunch of their heart muscle has died and they are in heart failure.

Not every cardiac cath goes through the groin, anymore. We also access the radial artery in the wrist. Quicker return to mobility, less chance of major bruising.

Of course Sarah thinks only men get heart attacks. They pretend they live in the idyllic 1950s and that is what people believed back then.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

9 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I swear you can't taste the difference.

• Haha 6

Steve should be on Medicare.  Odd that works out that the patriarch will get regular medical care.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Has anyone heard that version of the story before because I don't recall ever hearing that it involved the company wanting him to spy on other companies. 

I think they told something similar in a mom or dad’s corner back in the early 2000’s. They didn’t use the term espionage at the tine, but then Steve was still working at the company and was waiting to see if they’d lay him off. I think they just wrote that the company wanted him to do something Steve objected to. 

Maybe we just assumed it was working with a woman. 

The Corner is probably still there on their web site. Late 1990’s or early 2000’s. 

I’m kind of intrigued about what kind of espionage the company wanted him to commit. 

• Thank You 1

I dunno if Sarah is necessarily suggesting that’s it only a male problem, but is just mentioning it because it was part of Seriously Dads, which is only for men y’know :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Isn't it handy that there were people who had not stayed under anyone's 'umbrella' but gone off to uni and studied and learnt things so they could all be available to do Steve's surgery. I'll bet actual cash money that Steve was fairly unconcerned whether anyone was male or female, gay or straight while mh was in pain and in need of their help.  But thanks be to jesus amirite????  Gee I'm crabby. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, emesbe said:

I wonder how this will go with Scamaritan.

The kids all have Scamaritan but Steve and Teri have regular insurance because of preexisting conditions that, presumably, Scamaritan wouldn’t cover.

He never said he left his job because of working with women, just that they were asking him to do something unethical. I’d assumed they wanted him to go to an industry conference in Vegas or something innocuous like that. Corporate espionage is a whole different level and a very serious accusation. If this is true, why would they ask him, the man who won’t even share a business meal with women because it might give the appearance of sin? Did they think he’d be good at it? Because I don’t.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic