IGNORED

Serven separation?

love2scrap

8 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Looks like our former darling Rebecca is still going strong with Steven Loomis.  Looks like three kids (???), which is relatively restrained for a fundie couple that married in 2009.  

Wasn't there some question about them having fertility issue way back then?  Paging @MamaJunebug

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Curious said:

Wasn't there some question about them having fertility issue way back then?  Paging @MamaJunebug

At your service! Yes, the first pregnancy wasn’t too awful long after the wedding, but it ended not long after the announcement. IIRC there have been 2 other such events.  Rebecca has been on bedrest - as best we who are not privy to her private IG can make out -  before the arrivals of the Loomis 3.  

Ive lost track of the servenclan blogpost that otovuded the birthyears of Marcus & Cheryl’s children but I think Rebecca is nearing 38 if not already there.  I hope she & Steven have happy lives. They certainly were made to wait long enough to begin them. JMHO, of course.

Sad about Peter & Meredith. He struck me as the son who tried so hard, and she lost her mom early on, which seems like such a lonely way to have to grow up. May both of them find their real joy, separately or together.  

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Prairie muffin....lump of shit left by some large wild animal? Well, that's the first thing I think of...I don't wanna be one. 

Bwah!! In their parlance, “prairie muffin” was a fond (!)(?) appellation bestowed by one of Their Men to describe the long-skirted appearance that the Mere Women chose to wear, along with their commitment to restricting themselves to matters of home and family, as signs of their devotion to submissiveness.

I’d prefer the lump of shite — at least it’s likely useful as fertilizer or as fuel for a fire!  

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

I love this part of the manifesto

I borrowed the term from R.C. Sproul, Jr. who jokingly and lovingly called his wife a Prairie Muffin (note: R.C. Sproul, Jr. has nothing to do with the writing of this manifesto).

Hilarious that even in the middle of all that batshit, she still gets in the "NOTHING TO DO WITH SPANKY!!!!!1111!!111!!" disclaimer!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

Hilarious that even in the middle of all that batshit, she still gets in the "NOTHING TO DO WITH SPANKY!!!!!1111!!111!!" disclaimer!

Even back then, she knew she had to hedge her bet with that one. His heavy drinking and raucous partying was well known by that time. You'd see a lot of "Oh, he's just Scottish," but I think many fundies sensed that disaster was just a matter of time. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

Oh I couldn’t even finish reading that. If anyone ever called me a prairie muffin I would punch them in their prairie muffin. Wtf

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Looks like our former darling Rebecca is still going strong with Steven Loomis.  Looks like three kids (???), which is relatively restrained for a fundie couple that married in 2009.  

I Think Rebecca and her husband look like brother and sister. Priss and Pecan are the winners of “fundie couple who can face swap and no one would know.” However I think Rebecca and her husband get second place. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I have to give Carmon credit for publicly owning her mistakes and not trying to scrub her past.  That's not common and it's pretty brave, IMO.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

17 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

They've had several losses and a lot of trouble. 

Also looks like Ashley Zimmerman (married name McClure) is no longer married. She is the sister of Tait Zimmerman, former VF intern, and Esther Zimmerman Leclerc, wife of Philip Leclerc who did movies for VF and NCFIC. Ashley went thrugh a courtship that she blogged about back in the day. 

• Upvote 3

I know this is probably BEC but...they were SO sure their way would lead to "godly, divorce-proof" marriages...think they've figured out the error of their ways? 

Slightly OT but I wonder what the repercussions would be in a Duggar or Bates divorce...

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I know this is probably BEC but...they were SO sure their way would lead to "godly, divorce-proof" marriages...think they've figured out the error of their ways? 

Slightly OT but I wonder what the repercussions would be in a Duggar or Bates divorce...

Not BEC at all.  Pretty sure Marcus’s parents were divorced (don’t know about Cheryl’s) and I think they might both have grown up adjacent to the morally bankrupt motion picture industry. Their solution was to cloister their kids.  Instead, they should have doubled down on parenting, being there for their kids’  questions and worries. Hard to do with 9 kids and a dad whose nose is in a  book, and a  mom who didn’t have the constitution to raise that many AND school ‘em. Remember how the kids were relegated to two dorm rooms in the basement, and the little boys yelled for Rebecca in the middle of the night, not their mother?

i used to think of Cheryl and Marcus as the poster couple for The Baby Boomers’ **ME** Generation, selfish. Now I think they were partly that, but also partly in la-la-land and unable/unwilling to think things through in their grand plan to do better than their own worldly parents.

But who really knows? Not me!

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, JustAnotherMaiden said:

Also looks like Ashley Zimmerman (married name McClure) is no longer married. She is the sister of Tait Zimmerman, former VF intern, and Esther Zimmerman Leclerc, wife of Philip Leclerc who did movies for VF and NCFIC. Ashley went thrugh a courtship that she blogged about back in the day. 

And Tait’s wife recently posted this. And in the comments complains about seeing bitterness destroy marriages and families. Fundies are so fucking judgmental. 

40267171-19F2-4A53-8C3F-C5F1A2C398AB.png

But Lauren also posted this. So she’s basically awful in general...

5CE770FA-B5AC-45D3-A214-966861C16412.png

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3

Ah yes -- the unselfish, not to say godly, Tait Zimmermans, who preferred to grift money from the public and beat down  their doctors' & hospital's bills, rather than use the ebil gubmint's Medicaid program.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

It is interesting that pretty soon we'll be asking @Bethella to curate a Fundy divorce list too...  I've said this a lot, but I really feel for these 2nd Gen Fundies who were told if they followed all the rules, their marriages would never fail - and instead of having family/peer group say "hey, aren't you rushing this?  Shouldn't you get to know them better?" they were pushed into Courtships, & then marriages ASAP, because it would be so much worse to have pre-marital sex, or even *gasp* hold hands, than it would be to try to live in a marriage with someone fundamentally unsuited to them, or who just weren't ready for marriage and eleventy kids :pb_rollseyes:

But it's especially rich when their parents are all "do as we say, not as we did" about it too.   It kills me that eg so many of the Bates girls are rushed into marriage without a choice - and the Duggars are encouraging teenagers for their sons - while making divorce basically unacceptable.

(And yes, I know lots of FJers married as teens, or married their high school sweetheart, and it all worked out - but I would lay money that the FJers were allowed to get to know their spouses-to-be in ways the chaperoned, never-alone Fundies couldn't possibly, and that the FJers knew that their marriage was a choice they had, unlike the Fundy maidens)

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

21 hours ago, JustAnotherMaiden said:

Is there info about this posted somewhere? I know Esther and Philip are knocking themselves out to be fundie hipster poster children.

19 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I think the couple might be pushed out of the spotlight for a little while to let the commotion die down. Eventually, I do think the Duggars and Bates might publicly "forgive" the wayward son or daughter while throwing the estranged daughter/son-in-law under the bus. Yes, that would make them flaming hypocritical pieces of poo. But we already knew that didn't we. 

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, erunerune said:

Is there info about this posted somewhere? I know Esther and Philip are knocking themselves out to be fundie hipster poster children.

It was her Facebook and instagram. She is back to Zimmerman and no photos of Ryan mcClure. Although I can't seem to find her Facebook page now...

• Upvote 2

On 4/27/2018 at 11:48 PM, feministxtian said:

It would be the woman's fault.  Because you know we women are always at fault!  I'm sure that if Anna Duggar had left Josh, she would have been blamed.  I'm sure she was blamed for his actions anyway.

• Upvote 8

"There will be no one to carry it on"?  It's not genetic, dumbass.  Obviously everyone who decided not to have children was born to someone with a different view on the matter.  People born to the very religious can grow up to be atheists. People raised by conservatives can grow up to be liberals.  Those pesky children can and do grow up to be people with their own views and thoughts that don't always match those of their parents, but then I guess acknowledging that inconvenient truth would burst her illusion of her children as mere extensions of herself instead of people in their own right, and that everything will always be just how she wants it as long as she follows all the right rules.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Steve Friedrich here. I can confirm that a year ago Carmon filed for divorce from me. First, I am not and was never an abuser; ALL ten children confirm that! The kids love me and have shown me great kindness. I am also being financially destroyed, but will be so much better off in life. I can't say much more now as the lawsuit for divorce is still active.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 12:50 PM, pohala said:

Hi,

Steve Friedrich here. I can confirm that a year ago Carmon filed for divorce from me. First, I am not and was never an abuser; ALL ten children confirm that! The kids love me and have shown me great kindness. I am also being financially destroyed, but will be so much better off in life. I can't say much more now as the lawsuit for divorce is still active.

Welcome! I know you can’t talk about the divorce but I would like to ask a question about you. Has the divorce made you change any beliefs you used to hold dear? Do you feel differently about divorce in general now that you’ve gone through it? 

• Upvote 2

@pohala, if you are willing to take questions that are not related to your marriage/divorce, I'd like to ask what you thought (and think now) of Vision Forum and Doug Phillips. Did you always know Doug was full of shit, or did you realize it slowly, or was it a complete shock when the scandal happened? What about VF's theology, lifestyle teachings, blatant gender stereotyping, cosplaying? I would be so interested in anything you have to say about it!

• Upvote 1