IGNORED

Serven separation?

love2scrap

I have no idea if i am off on the right trail, but the surface observations seem to show that Peter Serven and Meredith Blalock are separated in some shape or form. Both have no public trace or mention of each other on facebook , and Meredith is conspicuously missing from this late 2017 photo from Benjamin Serven's public facebook page (Peter's the one on the far left). Maybe someone with connections to the VFers or access to records could verify this?

20180426_010023.png

• Upvote 5

Good spotting. I've wondered the same thing. Meredith used to be Meredith Blalock Serven on FB and IG, but she's dropped the Serven  on FB, and is now mblalock2 on her private IG.

Sad. Their two daughters are adorable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

That is sad, if so. Separation & divorce are hard for anyone, never mind being immersed in fundie crap while trying to negotiate it all.

Also, they may not be the only ones. Here's a screenshot of Carmon Friedrich's husband's FB page:

SteveFriedrich_FB.thumb.png.9fc22e3cd8b57cef45e765000c950f17.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Also, they may not be the only ones. Here's a screenshot of Carmon Friedrich's husband's FB page:

Now, that's one I never would have predicted in a million years! Wow, wow, WOW! 

ETA: On Carmon's new blog, she posted on March 29th about "Winter Before Spring." And there's another post about "Upsetting the Apple Cart." Damn, I wonder what's going on.

http://www.carmonfriedrich.com

Edited by DomWackTroll
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

ETA: On Carmon's new blog, she posted on March 29th about "Winter Before Spring." And there's another post about "Upsetting the Apple Cart." Damn, I wonder what's going on.

For a while, perhaps 2-3 years ago, Carmon had some public posts on her FB page about dealing with the abuse of minors in her family by, IIRC, another adult relative -- someone who was NOT in their immediate family, judging from her comments. 

She has also been pursuing some kind of advanced degree in marriage & family therapy though it seems to be in Christian counseling.

For whatever reasons, things have really changed for her -- hard to say if the changes are down to her or her (separated) husband.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

She has also been pursuing some kind of advanced degree in marriage & family therapy though it seems to be in Christian counseling.

Her Twitter is locked, but her profile says, "Studying to be a Christian sex therapist, paying penance for too many years of repressing others."

Servens... Friedrichs... We need some VF insiders in this thread!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

My gateway into the fundy world was Carmon's blog. I accidentally found the prairie muffin post and my interest in the wide world o' fundies was begun. I waded through all the BS of her blog and now I want to find out what changed. I hope someone with some inside knowledge will come here to spill the tea. 

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve never heard of this Carmen. Can I get a quick summary? 

agree, bring it on!

• I Agree 4

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve never heard of this Carmen. Can I get a quick summary? 

Carmon Friedrich was once a very loyal and intense follower of Vision Forum and Doug Phillips/R.C. Sproul Jr. She wrote an anti-feminist statement called the Prairie Muffin Manifesto. (Seriously.) 

http://prairie-muffin.blogspot.com/2005/12/what-is-prairie-muffin.html

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 1

This is what @hoipolloi gave as a summary a while ago:

Carmon was a major leg-humper & attendee/panelist/etc. at VF events like the film festivals or the bay-bee conference. She & her husband live in CA, have 10 kids, and have pretty much rejected the patriarchy shite & related stuff peddled by VF. She used to have a blog called Buried Treasure but closed it a couple of years ago or more.

In addition to repudiating Doug Phillips Is A Sexual Predator at the time of Tool 'O Ween, members of her family were also abuse victims as minors -- a sad thing all around.

She has mentioned this on her FB page. She's still a fundie with a lot of the baggage that entails but she has seen the light on some of this shite.

Link (http://www.freejinger.org/topic/26231-doug-philips-is-a-tool-at-best-and-the-now-defunct-vision-forum-part-3/?do=findComment&comment=1270744)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Carmon Friedrich was once a very loyal and intense follower of Vision Forum and Doug Phillips/R.C. Sproul Jr. She wrote an anti-feminist statement called the Prairie Muffin Manifesto. (Seriously.) 

Well I don’t know if I’ve ever rolled my eyes, scoffed, and snorted so much in all my life. That manifesto is complete garbage and I don’t think a single woman on earth could follow that manifesto without going fucking nuts.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

That is sad, if so. Separation & divorce are hard for anyone, never mind being immersed in fundie crap while trying to negotiate it all.

Carmon’s FB page also says separated if you go to her “about” section. Some of her children also don’t seem to hold a lot of the fundie beliefs if you look around their FB pages. Well politically at least. 

• Thank You 4

I really like the Manifesto's specific mention of Louisa May Alcott and Laura Ingalls Wilder as "not worthy of emulation."  HA!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

One of the Friedrich sons got married in December, but he and the bride went to the east coast to have the ceremony and the only people in attendance were Carmon's parents (according to the bride's Facebook posts). I'm guessing it was drama avoidance. 

Edited by DomWackTroll
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

One of the Friedrich sons got married in December, but he and the bride went to the east coast to have the ceremony and the only people in attendance were Carmon's parents (according to the bride's Facebook posts).

That's actually Carmon's step-mother. Her parents divorced over 40 years ago and her mother & father both remarried.

• Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Back to the Servens - found this picture on father Marcus' FB page, also taken on Thanksgiving 2017. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 7.25.08 PM.png

• Upvote 1

Wait. The author of the Prairie Muffin Manifesto is in COLLEGE??? Way to go her. I’m glad it appears that she has realised how toxic what she preached was.
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Back to the Servens - found this picture on father Marcus' FB page, also taken on Thanksgiving 2017. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 7.25.08 PM.png

I am an only child.  My mom was an only child. My grandma's sister married my grandpa's cousin.  They had 2 kids.  One of their kids had 1 kid and one was childfree (by choice, afaik).

My mom was single and my grandpa had passed away, so our holiday dinners had a maximum of 10 people if we went to one another's house (the cousins lived in WY, we were in NE).  

Just looking at this photo gives me anxiety.   I can't imagine that many people (family!!!) in one place during the holidays.   I supposed fundies might not do "family drama," but yikes!

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

Oh, I’m sure there’s just as much drama in fundie families. The ones we follow here frequently present themselves as immune to difficult life events like divorce, but - we know better.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Prairie muffin....lump of shit left by some large wild animal? Well, that's the first thing I think of...I don't wanna be one. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

Looks like our former darling Rebecca is still going strong with Steven Loomis.  Looks like three kids (???), which is relatively restrained for a fundie couple that married in 2009.  

• Upvote 1