IGNORED

Inspiration Posts by Sarah

anjulibai

So, Sarah has another odd blog post up, this one about failing. 

I feel like Sarah has been doing a lot of these sorts of blogs lately. Like, they are supposed be inspirational, but I just find them odd. 

It seems like she's been doing a lot more of these lately, and I always get the sense they are meant to make her feel better.

It's sad because she's never been taught to write.  Anything.  A blog post, a recipe, a news article, an essay--hell, even just a strong paragraph.  And if she'd ever been allowed to read widely she could have taught herself, or at least picked up on the fact that persuasive writing doesn't consist of a few statement sentences interspersed with Bible quotes.

Words come out of her like stunted, scattered seedlings thrown across the soil.  And it's absolutely her parents' fault, for two reasons: for not teaching her themselves as they were supposed to when they took on the task of her education, and for preventing her from being able to educate herself. 

But Sarah is a (self) published author!  Of course she is a brilliant writer.  !11111Eleventy!!1111!!

Failing is not the same as being a failure. It’s only when we quit trying might it be true. 

I think she's still hoping to get married soon.

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

So, Sarah has another odd blog post up, this one about failing. 

I feel like Sarah has been doing a lot of these sorts of blogs lately. Like, they are supposed be inspirational, but I just find them odd. 

It seems like she's been doing a lot more of these lately, and I always get the sense they are meant to make her feel better.

I read the Maxwell blog during slow days at work. I'm not sure why though because it's not like it provides any kind of entertainment lol! But I strongly agree with you. Sarah's posts are just strange and I get nothing from them. Just bible verse here, rambling line there. Serves no purpose. But on the other hand, nothing ever really happens in their day to day lives. So I guess she wouldn't have anything to really blog about.

2 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Words come out of her like stunted, scattered seedlings thrown across the soil. 

I think "stunted" describes her entire life. Maxhell is footbinding for body, mind, heart and soul. 

16 minutes ago, Howl said:

I think "stunted" describes her entire life. Maxhell is footbinding for body, mind, heart and soul. 

Stunted is the word for sure. Once I read about mommy getting reports of her adult children's internet activity...I don't even know what to think anymore. Maxhell is a cult and Titus2 is their blog about their cult and I am so sad for these adult children. 

Is she saying they are failing because They Do Nothing???

and Ive heard the Peter denied Jesus etc quote many times. But it’s odd coming from them. They do not allow their children to make their own choices therefore they can’t make mistakes so no need for any redemption. They show themselves as perfect. 

43 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Stunted is the word for sure. Once I read about mommy getting reports of her adult children's internet activity...I don't even know what to think anymore. Maxhell is a cult and Titus2 is their blog about their cult and I am so sad for these adult children. 

INTENTIONALLY stunted

I know I am posting this a bit late in the game...but Chelsy's wedding ring confuses me a bit. My wedding band is called a jacket ring. The engagement ring sits inside the band. I am trying to figure out if thats what Chelsy's ring is like or is it just one ring all joined together. Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic but it's not like Sarah is posting much in the blog for us to talk about right now lol! 

rings.jpg

You know, it occurred to me that all of her examples of failure weren't actually failure. Failure is trying to do something and not achieving it. Her examples are those of mistakes. 

It's a small quibble, I know, but it's just more evidence of Sarah's bad writing. 

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

You know, it occurred to me that all of her examples of failure weren't actually failure. Failure is trying to do something and not achieving it. Her examples are those of mistakes. 

It's a small quibble, I know, but it's just more evidence of Sarah's bad writing. 

Just on the very off chance that she reads here, her bad writing is not her fault. As others have said, she has no life experiences, can’t hear of candidly told life experiences from others, can’t read literature, AFAIK can’t  even read a Bible commentary. The closest she gets to actual discussion of scripture is the cross-reference section that KJV’s have, usually down the middle of the pages. But even that merely shows where this paragraph is fulfillment of that prophecy, or where two writers described the same event.

Sigh. 

Poor Sarah. She so obviously wants to be of more help in the world than walking the same mountain trails, taking the same streets to Leavenworth’s coffee shop; than taking the same photos of her sisters’ robotic smiles and her brothers’ children.  And she’s less likely by the day  ever to have a child of her own. She’s never even kissed a potential lover.

When I was able to write professionally, I devoured literature to spark my own creative processes. Has PSarah been allowed to read “The Cat In The Hat” In its entirety? Or “Frog And Toad Are Friends”? I mean, the Cliff Notes of Austen or Alcott are as verboten as the novels themselves, I’m sure.

She has more potential than she can show, now. But however will she?? 

""Failing is a part of life. The only way to not fail is to do nothing at all.""

Sarah, you don't do anything. You've already failed

On 4/25/2018 at 1:02 PM, Jessie E said:

I know I am posting this a bit late in the game...but Chelsy's wedding ring confuses me a bit. My wedding band is called a jacket ring. The engagement ring sits inside the band. I am trying to figure out if thats what Chelsy's ring is like or is it just one ring all joined together. Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic but it's not like Sarah is posting much in the blog for us to talk about right now lol! 

That is a gorgeous engagement ring! 

Sarah would not have been allowed to read either Dr Suess or Arnold Lobel of the Frog and Toad books if the Maxwell parents had known anything about the writers.  Dr Suess was very politcal and not conservative political either.  Arnold Lobel was gay and died of AIDS.  His daughter Adrienne feels that her dad's Frog and Toad books were the beginning of his coming out.  (Yes, Arnold Lobel had married a woman in 1955 that he met in art school and they had two children together.)

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Sarah would not have been allowed to read either Dr Suess or Arnold Lobel of the Frog and Toad books if the Maxwell parents had known anything about the writers.  Dr Suess was very politcal and not conservative political either.  Arnold Lobel was gay and died of AIDS.  His daughter Adrienne feels that her dad's Frog and Toad books were the beginning of his coming out.  (Yes, Arnold Lobel had married a woman in 1955 that he met in art school and they had two children together.)

Yes. I just mentioned two of the most innocuous stories I could think of. I thought of the “Frances” & the “Madeline” books - the JuniorJunebugs loved those - but knew that the protagonists’ strong wills would’ve never passed Steve’s muster, even if he had allowed non-religious books.

The Maxkids had “Merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream” blacked out in their song books. As writers, they don’t stand a chance. 

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Arnold Lobel was gay and died of AIDS.  His daughter Adrienne feels that her dad's Frog and Toad books were the beginning of his coming out.  (Yes, Arnold Lobel had married a woman in 1955 that he met in art school and they had two children together.)

RIP :( I hate to say, but I forgot about those books. Now I have pleasant memories about those reading those stories, but a part of me also remembers feeling kind of sad as a child when I read them. Will need to re-read them to rehash my memory about exactly what the stories were about.

@nomoxian, it's been 20 or 25 years since I read any of the Frog and Toad books, but I seem to remember that they had bit of a wistful quality to them.  Lobel's daughter, Adrienne found some unpublished manuscripts when they were preparing for an estate sale after her dad died.  She finished them and now there are two posthumous Lobel books.  

I wonder if any of my grandkids have read the Frog and Toad books.  Or Frances.  Or.....    I did give my granddaughter Curious George, The Story of Ferdinand and a Peppa Pig book (Peppa's alphabet, I think) for her birthday.  I have another granddaughter that is about to turn three.  What books should I give her?  I need to send her mom a copy of the Earth Cake from Nerdy Nummies, too.  DGD loves Mother Earth!

ETA:  I'll have to ask my daughter if they have Curious George yet.  Curious George and/or Harry  the Dirty Dog would be perfect.  My granddaughter is always into something.  

51 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I have too much time on my hands, apparently.  

frogtoad.thumb.jpg.f847ff54cd42f41b915071ae5c647b94.jpg

Bwah!!!!

I’m SO GLAD you do!!!!

On 28/04/2018 at 5:43 AM, PennySycamore said:

I have another granddaughter that is about to turn three.  What books should I give her?

I am always going to recommend "Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy" and the rest of Lynley Dodd's books. "My cat likes to hide in boxes" is another favourite.

On 4/27/2018 at 12:43 PM, PennySycamore said:

@nomoxian  I have another granddaughter that is about to turn three.  What books should I give her?  

Besides all the childhood classics already mentioned and easy to find in just about any bookstore, if you want to expose her to characters in books who are other than white middle-class people (or animals pretending to be same) look for picture books by Rachel Isadora, Ezra Jack Keats, and Vera Williams. Alice Provensen is another author/illustrator my kids loved.

On 4/27/2018 at 3:43 PM, PennySycamore said:

I have another granddaughter that is about to turn three.  What books should I give her?

The Paper Bag Princess
Beautiful by Stacy McAnulty"
My Name is not Isabella, and My Name is not Alexander by Jennifer Fosberry

Orangutangled is a fun one, and if she loves nature and animals it's sure to be a hit. 

Archived