IGNORED

Seewalds 33: Schroedinger’s Uterus

Jellybean

Didn't Jaynee Lockwood have something like that with her last pregnancy? If I remember right it was some sort of high risk deal and she ended up having a hysterectomy.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Imissvelcro said:

I decided to register for an account because I just wanted to express my thoughts on Jill. I really feel sorry for her, mostly be cause she seems a great deal like me. Especially at the current time in my own life. I am several decades older than Jill but at this time in life I can see parallels in our lives. I never had that natueral ability to enjoy small children and had to struggle to find things the kids and I both could enjoy. This while working going to college and taking care. Of a household. Parenting just never came naturally to me and it hurt so bad 40 years later that it didn't. I still cry about it. Not everyone is a natural parent.

I think Jill can be a lightening rod for peoples ire against similar people in their own lives.  I think Jill has suffered just as much as Jessa may have.   They just were in two opposite directions.  While Jessa found it impossible to fully repress her opinions, Jill was able to, to the point where her parents raised her to never be able to have one, or disagree with an authority.   Just because she appears more successful at doing what her parents wanted doesn't mean she is any less damaged.  And in such a big bunch of kids, it isn't surprising that two so close in age would go in polar opposite directions for attention.  Jill got hers for being praised because she did everything she was supposed to.  Jessa obviously couldn't complete and went in the total opposite direction, getting all of the negative attention, but also was able to 'win' over her older sisters this way (i.e. Jana's jewelry box).  

3 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Going to see Infinity War this weekend and looking forward to seeing amazing Thor scenes again.  

Saw it on premier weekend, excellent.

2 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

Jana's jewelry box

One of the saddest Duggar stories and an example of Mechelle and Dimbulb's shit parenting. I will never forget seeing Jana tear up telling about this. 

3 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Damn, I loved Thor in Ragnarok.   Going to see Infinity War this weekend and looking forward to seeing amazing Thor scenes again.  

I think I orgasmed during one of Thor's Infinity War scenes. :pb_lol:

14 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

One of the saddest Duggar stories and an example of Mechelle and Dimbulb's shit parenting. I will never forget seeing Jana tear up telling about this. 

That was awful of Jim Bob and Michelle to do that to Jana. Jessa was a young child, who probably didn't realise how attached Jana was to it and probably thought Jana was being nice giving her it. They failed both their daughters here, Jana was forced to give away a treasured possession and Jessa didn't learn that her behaviour was not acceptable from it.

16 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

That taught Jana to be selfless to the point of being unfair and unkind to herself. We have seen it but i bet Jana puts herself last in every situation. 

Fuck you Jim Bob and Michelle for screwing up your kids!

The story of the jewelry box will always break my heart. That was a major parenting fail. I do think that Jana puts herself last because of it and it seems like Jessa has maybe learned from it. She seems to be parenting better so far, but that just may be because she only has two kids. 

6 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

The story of the jewelry box will always break my heart. That was a major parenting fail. I do think that Jana puts herself last because of it and it seems like Jessa has maybe learned from it. She seems to be parenting better so far, but that just may be because she only has two kids. 

I think as an adult and a mother Jessa probably thinks that her parents were idiots making Jana do that. I don't see her making Spurgeon give Henry is favourite possession because Henry was being mean to him. 

4 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I think as an adult and a mother Jessa probably thinks that her parents were idiots making Jana do that. I don't see her making Spurgeon give Henry is favourite possession because Henry was being mean to him. 

Personally, I’m going to wait to assume anything about Benessa’s parenting until they have more kids. Parenting isn’t easy regardless of how many kids you have, but I assume it gets harder as you add more and more kids simply because you have only so much time, energy, and patience. I hope Jessa learned from that instance and will do better for her kids, but I’m not going to assume she will either. 

I’m still waiting for the day that Jessa gives Jana the most beautiful jewelry box on the freaking planet. Girl deserves it. 

Hey, I think that's the same swing dress I got from Old Navy. I shall wear it today in honour of Jessa. I'll be drinking beer instead of a frappuccino, though. :pb_lol:

The video of Spurgie's saying Happy mother's day to Jessa killed me with cuteness! He's so freaking adorable!!!

Jessa’s post to Michelle:

Here’s the rest on the blog:

http://theseewaldfamily.com/2018/5/happy-mother-s-day-momma

She chose nice photos (though the second is weird with how the kids faces are cut off - that might have just been how the photo was taken though) and the post itself is very sweet. I do find it interesting how Jessa wrote a much sweeter and in-depth post about Michelle than Jill did. Both posts about their respective MIL’s were good and very sweet, so it seems interesting to me that Jill’s post about Michelle focused so heavily on God stuff rather than the things Jessa opted to focus on. Jessa did mention God a bit later on, but not as heavily as Jill chose to. 

All in all, it’s a pretty standard Jessa Blessa post. I’ll give it eight out of ten stars.

Regarding Jessa’s post to Michelle this part surprised me,”I know that you'd be the first to say that your strength and stamina, your constancy and ability to cope, your hope and happiness through it all, stemmed not from yourself. You didn't "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" or just "make it happen". Your patience and virtue are not based on your "laid-back personality" or "natural tendencies", because even the gentlest of persons can be stirred to anger through the stress of parenting. And there have been times when you've blown it. Thank you for being real and genuine in your apologies to us kids when you messed up.”  That isn’t a quality I ever thought Michelle had.

11 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

The video of Spurgie's saying Happy mother's day to Jessa killed me with cuteness! He's so freaking adorable!!!

where is this? I always need more Spurgeon in my life.

EDIT: I used my eyes and found it on their blog.

Her whole post consists of Duggar Talking Points (tm) like her bday post to Michelle.  Different words, same exact theme.  The Huggers eat it up because it’s what they want to hear.  No one wants Jessa to hear about how Michelle ‘encouraged’ her while she was a surrogate mom to her siblings or Michelle’s ‘gentle correction’ while Jessa was headmistress of Duggar Academy.

The reality is, the Michelle Jessa describes checked out of mothering many years ago. 

Just a thought, but most seem in agreement that he jewelry box incident had a huge effect (did I use the right one? I always forget the rule) on Jana e.g. selflessness, putting her happiness behind others. I think this is easy to see in the way she does things, even if it may not be true. However, would it not be possible that it had a similar effect on Jesse, but in the opposite way. As in it taught her to put her wants and needs first even if it hurts someone else. This, of course, is not a lesson we usually aim to teach our children, but the way in which women are taught to put themselves last may be a bit more lost on Jessa. It may not have a huge impact, but in the event of a c-section for example,I could see that little spark having her put her foot down or at minimum have a real conversation with Ben about her own health being a priority. I would not expect the same out of Jana.

27 minutes ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

a huge effect (did I use the right one? I always forget the rule)

You did! Effect = noun: 'the' effect or 'an' effect. Affect = verb: 'to' affect, 'he' affected etc.

Also, I agree with your overall post. I think one thing the Duggar method of 'parenting' did was to teach selfishness as well as sainthood. Yes, Jana and Jill and the older girls had to take on responsibility without flinching, which is ridiculous, but it's an all or nothing kind of situation. Take what you can get, when you can get it. Too many people, not enough attention, and the discipline was lacklustre at best. I think it depends on the personalities of the kids, though, Jessa and Jinger seem to have come out into adulthood with a bit of a backbone, which is one way getting lost in a crowd could go, Jana and Jill seem to be a lot quieter and more deferring, which is the other way it could go. You see it to a lesser extent with the boys, Josh is abrasive and can get away with murder - or molestation as the case was - but JD seems a lot quieter and calmer.

19 kids, 19 different personalities, and no individual parenting to them. What could go wrong?

3 hours ago, victoriasponge said:

You did! Effect = noun: 'the' effect or 'an' effect. Affect = verb: 'to' affect, 'he' affected etc.

Also, I agree with your overall post. I think one thing the Duggar method of 'parenting' did was to teach selfishness as well as sainthood. Yes, Jana and Jill and the older girls had to take on responsibility without flinching, which is ridiculous, but it's an all or nothing kind of situation. Take what you can get, when you can get it. Too many people, not enough attention, and the discipline was lacklustre at best. I think it depends on the personalities of the kids, though, Jessa and Jinger seem to have come out into adulthood with a bit of a backbone, which is one way getting lost in a crowd could go, Jana and Jill seem to be a lot quieter and more deferring, which is the other way it could go. You see it to a lesser extent with the boys, Josh is abrasive and can get away with murder - or molestation as the case was - but JD seems a lot quieter and calmer.

19 kids, 19 different personalities, and no individual parenting to them. What could go wrong?

The older kids had too many responsibilities at a young age. I remember them saying in an episode that 11 year old Joy had changed her siblings nappies thousands of times. Joy was not even one of the sister mum's then. Jim Bob and Michelle did minimum house work and parenting once it was farmed out to the older kids. The girls did all the house work and cooking and the boys did the maintenance and odd jobs. Jana and JD are the real mum and dad just now to those kids.

4 hours ago, victoriasponge said:

Add in that kids 8 through 19 were raised by their siblings. It's going to be a shit show. 

I like Jessa’s post. She put real effort in it. I do wonder what they’ll look like 10 years from now, how do you keep posting these kind of messages year after year?

Jessa may very well be relatively happy with life she leads. I think she genuinely loves and cherishes her son's. However, that post was written by a young woman whose potential was severely stunted at a young age. A young woman who was undereducated, blanket trained, exposed to her molester with no real help. She was raised in a fear and shame based world of isolation. Jessa doesn't know what she doesn't know. She is still a victim of her upbringing at the hands of her mother and father. 

I don't recall, but did Jessa ever give any thoughts about the jewelry box story? Did she ever express regret? Apologize to Jana? 

The story is brought up all the time, but I never can recall if Jessa herself said anything about it. 

On 5/11/2018 at 7:56 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I think I orgasmed during one of Thor's Infinity War scenes. :pb_lol:

Oh my I haven't seen it yet due to some personal issues, but I really think I need to fast. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived