IGNORED

Seewalds 33: Schroedinger’s Uterus

Jellybean

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

I don't like Jessa's hashtag #boymom. Ah yes, 'cause girls would never hit anyone with anything, everybody knows that. 

It's a popular hashtag... I find it annoying too.  I have a son but I don't feel like that makes me vastly different from someone with a daughter 

But yeah I'm very curious what kind of disipline she uses. Between her siblings saying don't mess with jess but in Instagram she seems very passive about things. 

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there are absolutely things that would fit that hashtag, but its not what they usually do.  New born keeps peeing out the leg holes of the diaper, while the diaper magically stays dry even though it fits . . .  #boymom, potty training kid keeps sitting on the potty to pee and it still goes everywhere #boymom, I'm guessing that when they are teens there will be more of these.  (I'm also assuming these 2 problems are less prevalent for girl moms)

18 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

So there are absolutely things that would fit that hashtag, but its not what they usually do.  New born keeps peeing out the leg holes of the diaper, while the diaper magically stays dry even though it fits . . .  #boymom, potty training kid keeps sitting on the potty to pee and it still goes everywhere #boymom, I'm guessing that when they are teens there will be more of these.  (I'm also assuming these 2 problems are less prevalent for girl moms)

I've usually seen It used to insinuate that having boys is more fun but harder/ takes more energy OR ive seen it where it makes me think they are jealous of "girl moms"

1 minute ago, Daisy0322 said:

I've usually seen It used to insinuate that having boys is more fun but harder/ takes more energy OR ive seen it where it makes me think they are jealous of "girl moms"

I think your right.  I'll admit with the potty training issue I'm jealous of "girl moms."  If he successfully goes in the potty I shouldn't have to clean up as if he had an accident!

3 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

Yeah, she actually saw nothing.

Is that a pausible explaination? Sure. Maybe even likely.

Is it possible Henry tripped holding the toy and not even Spurgeon saw it?

Yep. Completely. 

Is it possible since they were at the big house it was another cousin/aunt/uncle?

Yep. 

Is it possible he got hit/fell while trying to wrestle it from his brother who’s turn it rightfully was?    

Derick’s kid manipulates him by saying “I love you.” Jessa assumes her toddler is running around unprovoked bopping babies on the head and staging cover ups.

Good grief. They can’t see the evil in Josh but they are convinced their two year olds are outright con artists.

Keep a closer eye next time and move on.       

I didn't get the impression she was saying Spurgeon was being manipulative, just that he was being a 2.5 year old. She said she heard Henry whimper and Spurgeon was with him.  She didn't see S hit H, but assumed by the shape/size of the bonk on his head that S nailed him w/ the firetruck.  And 2 year olds ARE outright con artists, really bad ones most of the time too, its what they do they are cute and sneaky and funny and lovable and a pain in the ass, but they are cute and lovable so you laugh and keep on rolling. 

Given the situation, I'm pretty sure there is enough circumstantial evidence to point to Spurgeon being the perpetrator of the offense.  Or have I been watching The First 48 too much?

4 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

Given the situation, I'm pretty sure there is enough circumstantial evidence to point to Spurgeon being the perpetrator of the offense.  Or have I been watching The First 48 too much?

I think that what happened, it was maybe an accident, maybe on purpose. I don't know that it really matters kids get into scuffles, that's how they learn in my opinion. Now if your there you can use some direction and help them learn to work it out. You can't referee every moment though.

yeah Jessa's instagram post was way too long, her captions tend to lean that way. but Spud and HashBrown are damn cute, so I just ignore the captions lol.

Ouch at that bump on Henry's head. I don't think I would have posted what Jessa did and the pic. Maybe she was trying to be realistic, but to me, it fell flat. 

At least she showed the bruise with an explanation, unlike his cousin Izzy's mysterious bruises.

2 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Ouch at that bump on Henry's head. I don't think I would have posted what Jessa did and the pic. Maybe she was trying to be realistic, but to me, it fell flat. 

I'm glad my boys were little in the days before instant photos...I swore up and down I was going to get busted for child abuse. My boys were ROUGH! They were almost always bruised, scraped up, knots on the bean. #2 son used to ride his little bike right into the side of the house and then smack his bean against the house when the bike suddenly stopped. Then there were the other things like jumping off roofs, walking across the tops of swing sets. They weren't graceful but they were fearless. They still are (fearless and not graceful). 

Yesterday Miniway told me a long, very believable, story about how there had been a fire in the kitchen at kindy and firemen had to come put it out. Since I’m pretty sure the teachers would have mentioned if that actually happened I am pretty impressed (and a bit scared) with his ability to lie. 

My 7 year old was a good conversationalist at an early age (hard to understand until some speech therapy, but very verbal). I remember when they were 2 or 3 and told me that a missing toy must have been stolen by a giant spider while we were asleep. :spider: It was interesting to get a glimpse into toddler thought processes. :pb_lol:

I have a really early memory from when I was a toddler of my mom asking me who let the neighborhood stray cat into the house and me suggesting that it must have been my brother. He was a baby at the time, so it would have been really impressive if he had managed to get out of his crib and let the cat in!

These kind of stories most probably would nit be seen as cute or endearing in most any Fundamentalist family. manipulative, lying and a sinful habit to be quelched right away is more like it.  Can you see Joshua Maxwell who seems like a smart, creative little boy so far pulling that on a sibling?  He would be “Lovingly disciplined” instantly. 

Just this morning my 21 month old blamed Baby Brother for throwing a spoon. Baby Brother isn't even born yet, she only knows him as an ultrasound picture on the fridge. Sibling rivalry begins earlier than anyone realizes.

11 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I have a really early memory from when I was a toddler of my mom asking me who let the neighborhood stray cat into the house and me suggesting that it must have been my brother. He was a baby at the time, so it would have been really impressive if he had managed to get out of his crib and let the cat in!

In our house - it's always the dog. "Who did xyz?" Spot. (not the dogs real name). Seriously - that dog gets blamed for everything - including saying bad words and using a pen on the white cupboards. Very talented dog, Spot.

IMG_0231.thumb.PNG.0a50792bb921198ace37d68b62710ab9.PNG

The Seewalds went out for Crepes

Spoiler

IMG_0232.thumb.PNG.4799342619bc376661de6f787ee53856.PNG

The same is true for cats, I must admit! :) 

Spoiler

IMG_0230.thumb.PNG.fcf8442cd46d75ff97d906773d8ba3c8.PNG

More crepes! 

The crepes look delicious. I love that little sign, they should buy that.:wink-kitty:

On 6/14/2018 at 2:11 PM, Daisy0322 said:

It's a popular hashtag... I find it annoying too.  I have a son but I don't feel like that makes me vastly different from someone with a daughter 

That hashtag annoys the crap about of me. I keep seeing it everywhere. It does make me suspect that the users are either 1. buying into sexist stereotypes (boys are more rough! Bullshit. I grew up with only girls and we beat the crap out of each other)  or 2.  They secretly wanted to have a girl and are trying to convince the world that having boys is more fun. I read something that in the West, mothers are now prefering to have girls over boys so they can have a mini me, and because Western societies are less sexist than it was in the past. I don't know if that's true, but I do think people tend to idolize having a boy and a girl, so only having children who are all the same sex can be an adjustment/disappointment. I don't think it should be or necessarily is, but that's what I think of when I see people hype up that damn hashtag. 

On 6/14/2018 at 3:14 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

And 2 year olds ARE outright con artists, really bad ones most of the time too

Not just two year olds, but young children in general. I can't count how many times a kindergartener/first grader said "I didn't do it" when I blatanty saw them do it. Some still try to lie after I tell them that saw it! Like, sure kid, I'll believe you over my own eyes lol. 

I birthed 1 girl and 2 boys and raised my 2 stepdaughters. Boys and girls are TOTALLY different little critters. If I had my choice, I'd have had another 10 boys instead of one girl. While the boys were openly hostile to each other at times, the girls were more covert. One boychild would just go up and nail the other boychild. Girl children? Oh no. One girlchild would be pissed at another girlchild and do sneaky as shit stuff...and the drama...oh God, the drama. No, give me boys...the more the merrier. 

Jessa posted earlier about Spurgeon playing in the garden but this post about Samuel was really sweet and telling for me. She's a super hands on mom, AND the lack of baby #3 may be due to intentional breastfeeding. Which of course is no guarantee but may be working for them. While I don't think they're done having kids, I think they do truly treasure the 2 they have and aren't just looking for more numbers to fill a quiver. And that might not be something they ever thought about until the babes arrived and they fell in love. There are a lot of problematic views by the Seewalds, but I think they are at least starting out as some of the best fundie parents. 

She's a super hands on mom, AND the lack of baby #3 may be due to intentional breastfeeding. Which of course is no guarantee but may be working for them.

I think I remember Jessa saying that she would have breastfed Spurgeon a lot longer had he let her. (Believe it or not, some babies hate breastfeeding; according to my mom, I was one of them!) So it's possible that Henry is more receptive and that that's why Jessa hasn't gotten pregnant again yet.

It does make me happy they are not sleeptraining or letting their boys cry it out. Hopefully they are gentle in other ways as well. 

After four years of ”I’m not tired, I’m never going to sleep!” the Spurge sounds like a dream child. Miniway has asked to go to bed once in his 4,5 years on earth and it was at a party with family friends where we all just let the kids stay up and play WAY past their bedtime. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived