IGNORED

Alyssa & John: Life With Three Daughters

Jellybean

On 6/17/2018 at 10:25 AM, wandering woman said:

Alyssa probably gets most of the kids' clothes donated. She often posts links in Instagram to clothing companies.

She makes snitty comments to her sisters and comes across as a bit smug and conceited. Alyssa does not present herself as one of the nicer Bates kids. 

I think part of this could be due to Alyssa having a more reserved personality. A lot of her siblings - and both her parents - are very outgoing and have shown they have little respect for other people’s stuff and boundaries. I could see some of the comments possibly stemming from that. It’s tough having a quieter personality in a family of big personalities.  

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

„Proud of you“ seems to be a strange phrase- especially when no one knows what he is proud about. 

Speculation train coming in:

The big announcement is about Alyssa. (Maybe she sang a duet with him for a new CD...)

Probably more realistic: he is just not very good at using the correct phrases for what he wants to say.

9 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

„Proud of you“ seems to be a strange phrase- especially when no one knows what he is proud about. 

Speculation train coming in:

The big announcement is about Alyssa. (Maybe she sang a duet with him for a new CD...)

Probably more realistic: he is just not very good at using the correct phrases for what he wants to say.

More speculation: “Proud of You” is the name of the new song. :pb_lol:

I’m guessing he wrote that because he’s impressed at how she’s juggling as much as she is with the three kids. Their family isn’t normally around to help out and I’m not sure how near or available John’s side is. Three kids under four can be a lot of work.

Just making stuff up here...

Lawson is proud of Alyssa for looking like many twenty something's you'd see out and about. (Black shirt, cute skirt)

Lawson is proud of Alyssa for looking great so soon after giving birth (less than 3 months.

With the way I think fundies food shame off camera to keep their women thin and attractive (no proof, just suspicion), he's proud of Alyssa holding 3 packages of Oreos, either from a will power standpoint or a taken right before she allowed herself to eat them standpoint.

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

More speculation: “Proud of You” is the name of the new song. :pb_lol:

I’m guessing he wrote that because he’s impressed at how she’s juggling as much as she is with the three kids. Their family isn’t normally around to help out and I’m not sure how near or available John’s side is. Three kids under four can be a lot of work.

Proud of you for getting knocked up with baby number 4 so soon after number 3. way to keep the family business going sis. (I really am joking and if that turns out to be true that would be horrifying)

13 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Proud of you for getting knocked up with baby number 4 so soon after number 3. way to keep the family business going sis. (I really am joking and if that turns out to be true that would be horrifying)

Her mother actually did! Some Bates are 12-13 months apart.

Kelly being still a healthy woman is shocking to me. Giving birth every year,  for 19 times, plus some miscarriages. And she was really poor for most of this time. Crap food, no medical assistance for the first 15 births... How can she be so fine? 

Anyway, for healthy reasons I hope Alyssa waits longer this time.

Maybe he’s proud that she moved states away, started a family of her own, and is thriving. I personally think that’s something to be proud of from the perspective of her brother. Aren’t any of y’all ever just simply proud of your family memebers just because they’re doing well in life, no big reason necessary?

29 minutes ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

Maybe he’s proud that she moved states away, started a family of her own, and is thriving. I personally think that’s something to be proud of from the perspective of her brother. Aren’t any of y’all ever just simply proud of your family memebers just because they’re doing well in life, no big reason necessary?

Agree with this completely. 

7 hours ago, stardust said:

Agree with this completely. 

I was proud of my little sister actually having her room cleaned when I came to visit- and she's nearly 21. 

8 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

Sure but I don't post random "Proud of you" posts with no context. :P 

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Sure but I don't post random "Proud of you" posts with no context. :P 

But plenty of other people do. I see it all the time. 

15 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

But plenty of other people do. I see it all the time. 

I never see it randomly. I see it for occasions such as a graduation/prom, getting engaged/married, birth of a child, all things education tend to get them. There's always a true reason for the congratulations, otherwise it's vaguebooking. 

I've posted that I'm proud of my little sister when I see her - we live far away, and I am really in awe of what a great mum she is, and for juggling her work and life with her two little boys.    I love her to pieces, and I know a lot of people think being a good mum is just standard, but I'm super proud of what a great job she's doing, because it's everyday awesome. 

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I never see it randomly. I see it for occasions such as a graduation/prom, getting engaged/married, birth of a child, all things education tend to get them. There's always a true reason for the congratulations, otherwise it's vaguebooking. 

I don’t see how being proud of a person is the same as a congratulations. I’m proud of the people I love simply for who they are and the everyday things in their lives. And as I said before, I see people simply say that they’re proud of a loved one on social media, even if you don’t. I’m sure you see things that I don’t. It’s not vaguebooking to be proud of your sister, nor does she have to have just accomplished something huge to deserve it. 

6 hours ago, Lurky said:

I've posted that I'm proud of my little sister when I see her - we live far away, and I am really in awe of what a great mum she is, and for juggling her work and life with her two little boys.    I love her to pieces, and I know a lot of people think being a good mum is just standard, but I'm super proud of what a great job she's doing, because it's everyday awesome. 

Exactly! It’s just another way of showing love. 

On 6/20/2018 at 8:34 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

picture of Law and Alyssa not really sure what there is to be proud of but okay. :shrug:

A legit mini skirt! Colour me shocked!

She looks like a normal college student in her early 20s (minus the 3 kids... btw how does she look that good shortly after having 3 babies in 4 years?).

I do wonder how Alyssa would have turned out if she wasn't raised fundie, she doesn't seem to like too keen of that lifestyle and she acts very distant towards Kelly.

The 3 kids puzzle me a bit. She was very vocal about not wanting a huge family. I hope they're just trying for a baby boy and will stop after that.

I think Alyssa will have 6-10 kids and I won’t beleieve anything else for years to come. I don’t care what she says.

On 6/22/2018 at 3:40 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Her mother actually did! Some Bates are 12-13 months apart.

Kelly being still a healthy woman is shocking to me. Giving birth every year,  for 19 times, plus some miscarriages. And she was really poor for most of this time. Crap food, no medical assistance for the first 15 births... How can she be so fine? 

Anyway, for healthy reasons I hope Alyssa waits longer this time.

By today's health standards, I'm betting she is not "just find." She is clearly overweight. Dollars to donuts her blood glucose is higher than the recommended <100 fasting. (Which is soon to go to less than 95). Most of the adult population has a blood glucose that is too high. *

*I do not want to have a conversation about if Americans are being medicated to our detriment*

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

By today's health standards, I'm betting she is not "just find." She is clearly overweight. Dollars to donuts her blood glucose is higher than the recommended <100 fasting. (Which is soon to go to less than 95). Most of the adult population has a blood glucose that is too high. *

*I do not want to have a conversation about if Americans are being medicated to our detriment*

In an episode with Kelly at an appt,with Dr.Vick...he said she had gestational diabetes.I believe it was when she was going to have Jeb.

1 hour ago, melon said:

In an episode with Kelly at an appt,with Dr.Vick...he said she had gestational diabetes.I believe it was when she was going to have Jeb.

Tha really doesn’t mean much. I had GD and I am not over weight or unhealthy. It does however mean that she MAY be pre-disposed to developing actual diabetes at a later date. 

I cringe every time I see photos of a Fundie visiting the Capitol (like when Derick and Jill Dillard popped up there on a Cross Church trip) because it horrifies me to no end that the Christian Right has such a presence there. This comment did give me life though:

Spoiler

8E7E5B5F-A4A7-4892-AC7D-EA4FDCF87052.jpeg.2181fc801ee99ea4d45a75ea42d5d499.jpeg

Uggghhhh, I can't handle Wholesome Family Man Daniel Webster today, not when he's been busy this week legislating the expansion of prison camps "family residential shelters" to have room for 1,000+ more prisoners :\

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived