IGNORED

Alyssa & John: Life With Three Daughters

Jellybean

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking back at Alyssa’s Instagram today, and saw this very cute picture of the girls. Disappointing to see Julie comment though. I wish mainstream media would pick up on the dangers of these families and report on the abuses connected to them. 

Spoiler

DA1F3E64-505D-44C8-81BC-110EA41A46BE.thumb.png.2f58f658e3b80e3d0d46dd97b2294db6.png

h

13 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I was looking back at Alyssa’s Instagram today, and saw this very cute picture of the girls. Disappointing to see Julie comment though. I wish mainstream media would pick up on the dangers of these families and report on the abuses connected to them. 

Hide contents

DA1F3E64-505D-44C8-81BC-110EA41A46BE.thumb.png.2f58f658e3b80e3d0d46dd97b2294db6.png

h

I love Allie's facial expression in this picture. If she's asked to be a sister mom, she looks like she's already over it.

I know he's probably not about to drop Zoey....but homeboy is about to drop Zoey. :pb_lol: 

On 6/5/2018 at 11:00 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

I know he's probably not about to drop Zoey....but homeboy is about to drop Zoey. :pb_lol: 

the fact that she felt the need to clarify that means she probably shouldn't have even posted that photo. and also why is he holding the baby like that? Oh because he just has to have his arm around Alyssa because they are so in love. *eyeroll*

11 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

the fact that she felt the need to clarify that means she probably shouldn't have even posted that photo. and also why is he holding the baby like that? Oh because he just has to have his arm around Alyssa because they are so in love. *eyeroll*

While it's possible that the baby is confortable or even likes this position (babies are really weird sometimes) it doesn't look safe. Don't get me wrong, probably it is safe, because John seems a responsible person, but it doesn't look that way.

I think it should have been beeter not to post that picture. But they were soooo matching that Alyssa couldn't avoid posting. Priorities.

I don't understand how she can afford these clothes, shoes, and accessories. The constant matching clothes and coordinating clothes must be a huge expense.

2 minutes ago, Ali said:

I don't understand how she can afford these clothes, shoes, and accessories. The constant matching clothes and coordinating clothes must be a huge expense.

I think she has a lot of things sent to her. I know she mentioned the matching yellow outfits were sent to her so she didn't know the price. plus she has a lot of "Friends" that give her clothes so she'll  talk about their stores. you can see her doing a lot of use Alyssa15 or what ever at check out to get 15 percent off. 

14 hours ago, Ali said:

John has two jobs. Alyssa was working part time, too.

Maybe their home is owned by Taliban Dan? Not paying rent or paying a low one would mean they save a lot of money.

And there is no money going to nannies, daycare or schools. 

And the most important point is that nowadays clothes are very cheap. Not only because there are a lot of online bargains or second hand brand clothes that look new, but also regular malls are full of cheap boutiques. There is no need to be rich in order to have a full closet. It has a dark side: the ridiculous salaries and even slavery that face workers in the countries where clothes are made and the extreme pollution caused by that factories.

On 5/30/2018 at 7:04 AM, bal maiden said:

Yes, and I believe the one beneath it to be The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. The middle book is <something> Strength, but I can’t make it out. 

If Alyssa reads this, she will probably be really freaked out that people are analysing her book collection, and never take a photo in her home again! 

It looks to be ‘A Quiet Strength.’ A search shows a Jeanette Oak book by that name, as well as a book by a football coach, the Amazon synopsis for which includes, “In this inspiring and reflective memoir, now updated with a new chapter, Coach Dungy tells the story of a life lived for God and family―and challenges us all to redefine our ideas of what it means to succeed”

On 6/11/2018 at 11:42 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Maybe their home is owned by Taliban Dan? Not paying rent or paying a low one would mean they save a lot of money.

And the most important point is that nowadays clothes are very cheap. Not only because there are a lot of online bargains or second hand brand clothes that look new, but also regular malls are full of cheap boutiques. There is no need to be rich in order to have a full closet. It has a dark side: the ridiculous salaries and even slavery that face workers in the countries where clothes are made and the extreme pollution caused by that factories.

Alyssa was working with John in their cleaning business, it's not an extra salary. I bet with three little girls she isn't even working anymore but you're probably right about them not paying rent.

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Alyssa was working with John in their cleaning business, it's not an extra salary. I bet with three little girls she isn't even working anymore but you're probably right about them not paying rent.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:42 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I’m almost positive their house isn’t owned by them or by John’s father. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they do pay rent, but they could have a deal worked out like Chad and Erin have where they pay less for maintenance work. 

On 6/10/2018 at 8:31 PM, Ali said:

John is an HVAC tech (FL salary range $45,000 to $62,000).  He also holds an electrical contractors license in FL meaning that he likely oversees the installation of HVAC systems in larger and commercial projects.  (FL salary range 61,000 to 82,000) He likely earns something above the upper end of the supervisory  salary range. Webster A/C is a well respected 55+ year old family held corporation that does quite well.  I doubt John and Alyssa are struggling financially.  

45 minutes ago, Born Skeptic said:

John is an HVAC tech (FL salary range $45,000 to $62,000).  He also holds an electrical contractors license in FL meaning that he likely oversees the installation of HVAC systems in larger and commercial projects.  (FL salary range 61,000 to 82,000) He likely earns something above the upper end of the supervisory  salary range. Webster A/C is a well respected 55+ year old family held corporation that does quite well.  I doubt John and Alyssa are struggling financially.  

That's a decent salary but for a family of five (and after taxes) it's probably not that high. And especially not if they are putting in the recommended 10% - 15% gross in retirement and saving for a nine month emergency fund (which I would say is just a savings baseline) or if they're tithing or at least giving a lot to their chuch. I imagine that the only way they could afford these trips and all the clothes is if they are spending every dollar he makes.

Which leads me back to the question that always pesters me (and granted, is none of my business but I never claimed not to be nosy as hell) -- how do these second generation families handle money? I just don't think there's that much saving going on. I doubt they're even putting anything aside for retirement, let alone enough to buy their cars and houses outright. 

46 minutes ago, Born Skeptic said:

It is a decent salary. My husband makes a decent salary. If I were constantly buying new matching kids clothes, it would make a huge dent in our budget even if I were buying them on sale. Kids are expensive. I doubt Alyssa is concerned about putting money away for college or retirement like I am, but there are still a lot of expenses. 

I buy coordinating new clothes maybe a few times of year and call it good. The rest of the time my kids mostly wear hand me downs and clothing from Salvation Army.  This way, I can let them be kids and not spent a ridiculous amount of money on outfits they will only wear a few times or stain the first time they wear it.

Alyssa is a #superficaltwit who seems extremely focused on presenting the image of the perfect family on social media. She has posted seven matching or coordinating outfit pictures so far this year. There were two pictures where the kids were wearing the same outfit, so six times just this year, she has bought her kids matching or coordinating outfits. Is is a huge expense even if she is getting them on sale. It is also more difficult to find clothing in appropriate sizes of they are on sale.

As I have no idea where the matching outfits are from, I may be way off but buying three outfits in those sizes can be done for not too much money. Think under 35$. We only ever see those pictures on instagram and she doesn’t post that often, so who knows how the girls look most of the time. They could be wearing tons of hand me downs. I counted 5 different matching outfits on the webster4ever instagram in 2018 so far. That is less then one per month.

Some people are really good in holding their money together/ they just spend it on other stuff. My guess is they don’t put money into food, tv/books, activities or savings/insurances. 

Maybe she uses the small UP paycheque solely for styling out her family? It is a nice bonus salary (even if it isn’t much) to have just to splurge it. I mean, I would probably use it for eating out or short trips in nice spa hotels but I can see her using for make up and fashion. Both ways are just fine.

https://statisticalatlas.com/place/Florida/Orlando/Household-Income

If John makes $82,000 at his 'day job', then the Webster family of 5 is within the 80th percentile band for the Orlando, FL area.  (Adjusted for family size.) That does not take into account their income from the cleaning business, any income or benefits from the show, or the fact that Webster Air Conditioning is wholly owned by the Webster family and undoubtedly  provides benefits, retirement, etc to John.  I have not noticed that Alyssa dresses the girls in terribly expensive clothes.  Sure, they often coordinate or match, but you can accomplish that by purchasing clothes at Target.  From the photos of their house, they actually appear to be living well within their means.  My eldest recently purchased a 4 bedroom home in their area.  Since she is sill in graduate school, their income is likely lower than the Webster family's and their home purchase was not a stretch.

And remember, Florida has no state income tax either. 

Based on 82000/yr and claiming married with 5 deductions, John would bring home just about 1350.00 after taxes and without deductions for medical or retirement. 

https://www.paycheckcity.com/calculator/salary/result

That ain't bad. Now, add the cleaning business and the Up paycheck to that...they ain't hurting at all. 

Kids' clothes are pretty cheap.  I am so sad that my daughter is now in adult sizes because the clothes are sooooooo much more expensive.

The girls have to wear clothes, regardless. Having them match doesn’t cost any more money than having them in separate outfits. John does likely make good money doing what he does and she clearly gets sent things from companies pretty frequently to post about. 

11 hours ago, Born Skeptic said:

Webster Air Conditioning is wholly owned by the Webster family and undoubtedly  provides benefits, retirement, etc to John.  I have not noticed that Alyssa dresses the girls in terribly expensive clothes.  

There are few companies these days that "provide retirement," in the sense of a pension. At most he has access to a 401(k) and the company might match a certain percentage given, but the employee still needs to put money into it. So, 10% being the lowest recommended contribution, he would need to put in $683 a month. Honestly, he really should be putting in a thousand. 

The Websters aren't poor. But it depends on what you define as able to afford something. To me, you can "afford" things if you can pay cash for them after all your bills are paid and you are contributing adequately to your savings. I don't think the Bates adult children are doing the latter. 

I'm not crapping on Alyssa for being into makeup or clothes. I have always made it clear that I am a vain bitch who enjoys those things. But if she owns more shoes and sheath dresses than me while John isn't contributing to a retirement account or emergency fund? Yeah, there is something wrong with that. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived