IGNORED

Alyssa & John: Life With Three Daughters

Jellybean

12 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

How many people watched tonight’s episode and wondered if Alyssa does water births?  That tub was in her room for a reason.

She does seem to have easy births.

They just posted a short that said she *intended* to try it for the first time, but Zoey came so fast that she didn't even manage to get in the tub.

https://www.uptv.com/bringing-up-bates/bringing-up-bates-zoey-is-here/

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope she doesn't homeschool. In one episode she was not able to say where "East" is and she seemed to think that is something highly intellectual to know where "East" or "North" is. I know it's just one example but my impression of her is that she is just not intrested in knowledge.

2 hours ago, freejoy said:

I hope she doesn't homeschool. In one episode she was not able to say where "East" is and she seemed to think that is something highly intellectual to know where "East" or "North" is. I know it's just one example but my impression of her is that she is just not intrested in knowledge.

Was it being able to point at the front door and say that is north or look at a map and say which direction is north? Not everyone has an internal sense of direction that allows them to just know.

15 minutes ago, Ali said:

look at a map and say which direction is north?

They were playing a game and she was supposed to draw hints to the phrase "star in the east". She drew a stars, and drew a compass looking thing, but didn't have the faintest idea where North, South East, West were to give the clue for East. 

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

They were playing a game and she was supposed to draw hints to the phrase "star in the east". She drew a stars, and drew a compass looking thing, but didn't have the faintest idea where North, South East, West were to give the clue for East. 

This is clear evidence that her parents provided her with an inadequate education.

3 hours ago, freejoy said:

I hope she doesn't homeschool. 

I doubt she will have a choice; her father-in-law was a huge proponent of homeschooling while in the Florida legislature. Homeschooling is a cornerstone of the Webster brand.  Perhaps when Rep. Webster retires from politics she can get away with church-based school.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I doubt she will have a choice; her father-in-law was a huge proponent of homeschooling while in the Florida legislature. Homeschooling is a cornerstone of the Webster brand.  Perhaps when Rep. Webster retires from politics she can get away with church-based school.

And she said she was going to homeschool her girls (she already bought school supplies for Allie).

On 8/9/2018 at 8:43 AM, formergothardite said:

Screenshot of the charades game below:

Spoiler

717357650_alyssawebster.PNG.a31d3e7e3ca4717d96964f33728a5460.PNG

new webster girl pic and from Katie's  Ig  story it seems that Katie is with the webster's.  or the Webster's are in TN maybe even one of the middle boys if you go off the picture Katie posted yesterday. 

6 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

new webster girl pic and from Katie's  Ig  story it seems that Katie is with the webster's.  or the Webster's are in TN maybe even one of the middle boys if you go off the picture Katie posted yesterday. 

If I wouldn’t know better, the pic would have convinced me that the „Frumper era” has made kind of a vintage comeback. Those dresses look exactly like one of my grandma‘s nightgowns.

In other new: Allie’s cheeky smile just melts my heart!

22 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

If I wouldn’t know better, the pic would have convinced me that the „Frumper era” has made kind of a vintage comeback. Those dresses look exactly like one of my grandma‘s nightgowns.

In other new: Allie’s cheeky smile just melts my heart! 

I love the dresses! Then again I'm really into sweet southern smocked clothing for little boys and girls. Those look way better than the ugly fumpy things they used to wear! My boy is 4m and has a full closet of smocked rompers, bubbles, & Jon Jons!

John is one of her angel babies?

LOL, she doesn't even acknowledge that he's in the picture. How about "My precious husband and my sweet angel babies"? Parents do become invisible when there are cute little kids around.

She doesn't even list his name. It's like he's a stand for holding babies. Poor guy, does he need a giant pink bow on his head to get any attention?

26 minutes ago, Hisey said:

John is one of her angel babies?

LOL, she doesn't even acknowledge that he's in the picture. How about "My precious husband and my sweet angel babies"? Parents do become invisible when there are cute little kids around.

She doesn't even list his name. It's like he's a stand for holding babies. Poor guy, does he need a giant pink bow on his head to get any attention?

she post about and mentions  john all the time. not being mentioned in one picture isn't going to hurt anything. 

John posted again for the first time since around Zoey's birth

10 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

she post about and mentions  john all the time. not being mentioned in one picture isn't going to hurt anything. 

Wow. . . someone sure loves the Websters!

I was pointing out how invisible parents become when you have little children. Which is true. I've had that experience myself. I'd show up at the door of my inlaws house with the baby, and they'd only see the baby. It is sort of funny how people only see the little kids. 

You're defending Alyssa against. . . nothing. No one was attacking them. I thought it was funny how she only saw the kids. I'm sure she loves her husband.

Checked out Alyssa's FIL's Twitter feed and Facebook page and he is a die hard Trump worshiper. No way Alyssa and John aren't too. Despite the cute clothing and children these two are helping destroy America. 

42 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Checked out Alyssa's FIL's Twitter feed and Facebook page and he is a die hard Trump worshiper. No way Alyssa and John aren't too. Despite the cute clothing and children these two are helping destroy America. 

I think Alyssa and John are very likely Trump supporters, but I don't think we can be 100% sure about that unless they say something to that effect themselves.

People often don't have the same political beliefs as their parents (or in-laws), and I imagine if my father (or father-in-law) were a congressman I wouldn't state any disagreement publicly. 

As far as I know Alyssa and John have been pretty quiet about their own political beliefs. I know they worked on his dad's campaign years and years ago---do we have evidence they've been doing that since getting married? If they're actively campaigning for him I would take that as a statement of political beliefs. 

ETA: I found these two pics on her insta from Nov 4th, 2014. Nothing political since then though. I'll be curious to see if she posts anything this fall. 

ETA 2: John also posted that he voted for Cruz in the Republican primary. I have conservative religious family who loved Cruz but loathe Trump, so it's not a given he's a Trump supporter. But I mean Cruz would have also destroyed the country, so it's not like they're really off the hook for that. 

16 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I think Alyssa and John are very likely Trump supporters, but I don't think we can be 100% sure about that unless they say something to that effect themselves.

As far as I know Alyssa and John have been pretty quiet about their own political beliefs. I know they worked on his dad's campaign years and years ago---do we have evidence they've been doing that since getting married? If they're actively campaigning for him I would take that as a statement of political beliefs. 

John did post about being against the legalization of gay marriage. In 2015, Alyssa posted a poll exhorting people to vote for her FIL as the new Speaker of the House. (And her wording suggested she believed it was somehow legally binding? After the "I don't know the cardinal directions on a compass" debacle, I'm willing to believe it.) As recently as 2014 and 2016 they were campaigning for him.

Not that either of these things makes them Trump supporters, and I always appreciate a healthy amount of caution, but there is some pretty strong evidence for it. 

4 hours ago, nausicaa said:

In 2015, Alyssa posted a poll exhorting people to vote for her FIL as the new Speaker of the House. (And her wording suggested she believed it was somehow legally binding? After the "I don't know the cardinal directions on a compass" debacle, I'm willing to believe it.) As recently as 2014 and 2016 they were campaigning for him.

Yeah, they have given every indication that they side with Taliban Dan and none that they don't. They might not support Trump, but I would be surprised if they didn't switch to him when Cruz lost. 

Cruz is not any better beliefs-wise than Trump either, he is just better at PR and appears to be more “book” smart. Cruz is like the Bates (deciptively charming “family values”), while Trump is like the Duggars (scandals, undignified)

On 8/14/2018 at 3:05 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

John posted again for the first time since around Zoey's birth

I wasn’t expecting the PlayStation 

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the birth of Zoey, I had to snicker when they made a point of present the midwife with "Name Liscensed Midwife". Unlike some other family we discuss ?

• 2 weeks later...

Superficial comment incoming, burn it looks like to me Alyssa’s been growing out her eyebrows after plucking them thin for years and I think she’s been looking great lately. 3 kids in 3 years and keeping it tight as they definitely for real say in fundie land (joke)

Alyssa is promoting another company in her Instagram Stories:

FF871E96-63B1-4831-A5F6-8F8FD1DFF260.thumb.png.484c8f58bcf871cd12d14626fe9a3655.png

Its a meal plan company. She confirmed that she still works part-time for the cleaning business and this makes it easier for them to feed the kids. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Alyssa is promoting another company in her Instagram Stories:

FF871E96-63B1-4831-A5F6-8F8FD1DFF260.thumb.png.484c8f58bcf871cd12d14626fe9a3655.png

Its a meal plan company. She confirmed that she still works part-time for the cleaning business and this makes it easier for them to feed the kids. 

She’s really smart in how she does these stories. She moves around for each slide, which makes it more pleasing for me to watch and her voice isn’t overly chipper//forced. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived